Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Only 9? Gotta do better than that son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Vanguard Warden posted:

I'm probably going to play a Blade Vortex + Bone Offering Necromancer again, it felt good last league. Reflect actually makes that build gain life, from the life gain on spell-block.

maybe I specced into way too much damage/blade as I went crit, but phys reflect maps would destroy me

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Yeah, I was looking through weapons to figure out a good weapon set for it; I'm guessing a good +fire gems/+% elemental damage scepter would be the best thing I could use until I pick up something like Doryani's Catalyst or The Supreme Truth?

Doryani's would be the best yes. Not sure how long +fire gems would last you with only 3 links. But you want cast speed and %fire damage to start.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

whats a good halfass build that's really strong and i don't have to think very much but also kills bosses quickly

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when does neversink usually update his filter for a new patch?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Normally already, but he said he was super tired and basically passing out and he'll get it up in the hours before launch. ZiggyD also updating his.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Bugsy posted:

Doryani's would be the best yes. Not sure how long +fire gems would last you with only 3 links. But you want cast speed and %fire damage to start.

TheRat posted:

Just tested it ingame and yes, DD+echo works perfectly.

Awesome, thanks for the help everyone :toot: I'll see if I can make it work!

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Dreggon posted:

whats a good halfass build that's really strong and i don't have to think very much but also kills bosses quickly

elementalist flameblast

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Phobophilia posted:

maybe I specced into way too much damage/blade as I went crit, but phys reflect maps would destroy me

My damage gear was trash and I used a Lazhwar to push for max spell-block, but different specs could affect that. I went for poison instead of crit, to get more work out of the skill effect duration nodes. I had 0% crit from Controlled Destruction while running Arctic Armor, a Chaos golem, and 4 endurance charges. With 8 ascendancy points as the new upper limit, Necromancers can get Chaos resist easier as well.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 3, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Welp, done with overwatch for now. Good thing there is a new league starting up. I should probably start as something that is not a bow user this time, so I am currently leaning 2H Champ/Slayer EQ/Cyclone at the moment.

Has anyone figured out if the new melee skill is good yet, or do we need to wait for someone to actually use it?

Also, what is (non-CoC) Spectral Throw like these days?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Prophecy

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

"You will turn a normal item into a unique item with a single Chance Orb."

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wow thats more than i was expecting

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

megalodong posted:

"You will turn a normal item into a unique item with a single Chance Orb."

lmao skyforth is going to be mad as gently caress

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

lmao skyforth is going to be mad as gently caress

I dont for a second believe you can decide what uniques you want

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
what other sorceror's boots are out there?

actually that would be a glorious troll if a new unique boot uses that base

edit: oh wait, steppan eard also has it on its base, but it's league-specific

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jun 3, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If that prophecy lets you decide what unique you want, it would have to be stupidly rare or the economy would be pretty hosed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Well you can seal it, to use later. Sooooo around 40EX or less, depending how rare it is.

that's insane, I can't wait

edit: actually they can just make the sealing cost different amounts, like that prophecy could cost 10k coins, or whatever

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 3, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah, there has to be a catch somewhere, so it can be used to make T2 uniques, while the few T1 uniques that still exist won't get flatlined.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Most likely, that prophecy will just be really rare.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If it's too rare, then it will be used to exclusively make Skyforths, and that's no fun.

No, what we need are a pair of trollforths to spoil the pool. That way, they can be used to make other cool uniques that people want to use.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
New ES/Spell Damage/AE chest unique:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhcqPqmnow

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

quote:

[–]Omega_K2 PyPoE author, wiki sysop[S] 6 points 2 hours ago
It's almost certain that not all of these will be there, so take the list with a grain of salt. I've already removed a few of them which are certainly not going to appear (like "Crash Test" "The next instance will crash" prophecy)

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

It seems okay but that is still too low ES for CI.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Sotar posted:

600ES is pretty much the minimum to pass go, yeah, but goddamn those other stats. I can live with a little less ES for those.

Plus that might not be max rolls, it could go a little higher maybe.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eh, we're running CI with volls protector these days, in what world is 600 es too low?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Im just putting it out there, trickster coc bladefall/etc with that thing is going to be absurd.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Sotar posted:

I'm probably gonna go CI with tabula to start on my first character this league.

TheRat posted:

Im just putting it out there, trickster coc bladefall/etc with that thing is going to be absurd.

Same except pathfinder.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Its also going to be crazy good for mom/eb totem shockwave totem

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Pro: league starting at 4pm means I can go to my Friday afternoon meetings and zip home an hour early

Con: I have to be at work an hour longer than before when they started at 3pm

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hello what is new my fellow exiles

What are the cool new things happening

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

ZenVulgarity posted:

Something about gypsies, silver dollars, and endurance charges

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
planning on doing a deadeye ed/contagion build in HC this league

Does anyone know the best way to level as a ranger in a new league? I usually play spellcaster classes so I have no idea.

I figure I trade for ed/contagion but idk if there's a faster method

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

If that prophecy lets you decide what unique you want, it would have to be stupidly rare or the economy would be pretty hosed

I think it's just could to be super rare. I remember in the big info post about the Darkshrine 1 month league, Chris teased a darkshrine effect that applies a chance orb to every item on the ground in the zone. It turned out to only happen if the rare you sacrificed was six-linked and even then, the darkshrine could use any of the other mods instead. Only got discovered right at the end of the league. This feels like another one of those teasers.

ZenVulgarity posted:

The only thing you need to know is that you can get that loving monkey.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 3, 2016

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ZyrKx posted:

I ended up as low life with a 6 link shavs and dual consuming dark for 100% chaos conversion, which won't really work for the new league.

If I was doing it again I'd start with something like this. Links would be flameblast, increased aoe, faster casting, controlled destruction, fire pen, ele prolif.

I found this tree too, but I'm too bad at the game to really evaluate which is the better. Any ideas? The second one has a touch less +life% but add elemental overload, mind over matter and elemental equilibrium. I've no idea why they grabbed a single endurance charge on the far left.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Lungboy posted:

I found this tree too, but I'm too bad at the game to really evaluate which is the better. Any ideas? The second one has a touch less +life% but add elemental overload, mind over matter and elemental equilibrium. I've no idea why they grabbed a single endurance charge on the far left.

I did run with elemental overload at first, using orb of storms + increased crit to trigger it, but I found the damage increase wasn't really necessary and trying to keep it up was slowing me down. Generally I was doing big stacks of flameblast to get the most area coverage possible, so the damage was overkill anyway.

However, the tree I posted was just something thrown together in a few minutes, so it's probably far from optimal.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Lungboy posted:

This guide seems alright too. I think MoM is probably not a good idea for a low cost character, especially without EB and some es nodes.

ZyrKx posted:

I did run with elemental overload at first, using orb of storms + increased crit to trigger it, but I found the damage increase wasn't really necessary and trying to keep it up was slowing me down. Generally I was doing big stacks of flameblast to get the most area coverage possible, so the damage was overkill anyway.

However, the tree I posted was just something thrown together in a few minutes, so it's probably far from optimal.

Orb of Storms also procs Mastermind of Discord so Elemental Overload is free damage if you have it.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 3, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Arzachel posted:

This guide seems alright too. I think MoM is probably not a good idea for a low cost character, especially without EB and some es nodes.

Orb of Storms also procs Mastermind of Discord so Elemental Overload is free damage if you have it.

I am using that guide as a good jumping off point. I don't like the idea of dropping orb of storms periodically though. I plan on using lightning warp+faster casting+less duration+rapid decay to move around. Also I will be using a shield unless something silly happens like getting having a 6L searing touch fall in my lap, so level 1 CWDT-level 7 tempest shield to work with LW to keep mastermind of discord up as much as possible. Not sure if I will put curse on hit+warlords linked to the tempest shield, or use warlords with blasphemy and link inc duration and crit strikes to tempest shield.

I'm also thinking about using a CWDT setup for one or two Offering skills. I saw havoc used a 4L for that in the two week race. I tested it out and found that any monster that has an on death effect that doesn't trigger when they shatter, also despawns if you destroy the corpse. Might be a way to mitigate porcupines. Though he was using a scolds, so it was triggering constantly, so maybe not.

For the tree, I am not sold on going up to grab heart of flame. It feels like such a waste of points.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is using ele prolif over beacon of ruin generally recommended? Seems like kind of a waste, especially if you only have a 5l.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

voltron lion force posted:

Is using ele prolif over beacon of ruin generally recommended? Seems like kind of a waste, especially if you only have a 5l.

Prolif is bigger and dropping beacon of ruin allows you to take Mastermind of Discord which is insane esp if you use lightning warp or orb of storms for elemental overload.

• Locked thread