Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Social Media posted:

join the poisonquake crew and smash your way to victory with an oversized croquet mallet

I would love to see a joke flamingo 2h hammer unique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Social Media posted:

join the poisonquake crew and smash your way to victory with an oversized croquet mallet

Don't loving tell me what build to play.

That being said, I have a 5l marohi and and making a juggernaut.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
play shield charge poison discharge

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Social Media posted:

that new Voidheart ring seems like it would be absurd for EQ/shield charge

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

one of you guys who keeps posting about discharge link your poo poo cuz that sounds fun

e: is that one from the 2nd close enough since you've had a few days to iron it out now

baram. fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 9, 2016

panda clue
May 23, 2014

baram. posted:

one of you guys who keeps posting about discharge link your poo poo cuz that sounds fun

e: is that one from the 2nd close enough since you've had a few days to iron it out now

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InventorOfTrees char BastionPOTG

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
RF Discharge Marauder in full swing now, oneshotting exiles and T5 map bosses at lvl 82.
6Link definitly helped a bunch, although expensive i have good mana regen.
Running RF without charges up is fantastic, as with charges im running RF and still regging 10% life/sec.

Currently wielding a crafted +2 fire gems void sceptre to buff the purity, this is going to be my next upgrade once i stack a few regals.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Any chance I can get re-invite to the guild? Got purged sometime in Perandus as I skipped most of the league (life happened). Character name is Yngr.

On a unrelated note, I rolled my first char as Molten Strike Gladiator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1370731

It's super cheap to start (main reason for running this at the beginning of the league) and quite fun to play. I only have4-linked Molten Strike, damage is perfectly fine if playing solo, but sucks in a group. With 5 link + the right eq, I heard you can get ~180k / 200k DPS. Survivability though ... I spent around ~10c on my eq in total and so far the strategy is just to face-tank most dangers (just finished cruel lab). Your only active skill is Molten Strike (which you will get at the very beginning of the game) + your movement skill, so you can focus on what's going on on the screen and basically paying attention to not getting killed. Really fun melee build.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 9, 2016

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

funmanguy posted:

Finally finished uber lab on my pizzablaster. It wasn't easy. I am level 88 and I have one conclusion about the build.

I loving hate flameblast. Rerolling.

Were you playing with 2 curses or just 1? Temp chains + Enfeeble/Flammability seems absolutely critical for FB.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

What's my best bet for a dude that can reliable run the uber lab? I totally got wrecked on my Lioneye's Glare CoC dude. Not having any natural regen meant I was just getting shredded by the traps and just could not make it through.

It seems like the answer is something tanky with a bunch of regen and endurance charges. But it sounds like the self cast Discharge Jugger might have problems killing Izaro?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah any high life, endurance charge, high life regen build with some chaos resist should be fine for a steady, reliable run presuming it has enough damage. The discharger people have been talking about here sounds fantastic for it since juggernaut has unstoppable so it doesn't have to give a poo poo about all the temporal chains traps. If you want to go super fast then you can look at this guy's character which is a bladefall miner designed around super high move speed. He cleared the uber lab in 6(!) minutes and got this jewel as a reward:

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
So I've been running Neversink's ranger with the lightning arrow option and I have to say that class finally clicked for me.
Previous attempts were just rough, probably because I chose a high end build while running at low equipment levels.
Plus summoner SRS witch is just plain easy to do so I've been sticking with that.
If anybody has any tips on what to improve or change from his guide I'd welcome any help.

Also could I grab an invite to the guild on Prophecy? Name is: Ellyania

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Just did Pale Council for the first time; went in blind and here are the results of Jeb vs the Council:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjkGrNJPyAI

panda clue
May 23, 2014

ks is gay and he should give me that amulet for free for making his build for him, tia

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

J posted:

Yeah any high life, endurance charge, high life regen build with some chaos resist should be fine for a steady, reliable run presuming it has enough damage. The discharger people have been talking about here sounds fantastic for it since juggernaut has unstoppable so it doesn't have to give a poo poo about all the temporal chains traps. If you want to go super fast then you can look at this guy's character which is a bladefall miner designed around super high move speed. He cleared the uber lab in 6(!) minutes and got this jewel as a reward:

Yeahhhhh, I'm way out on mines. The playstyle is far too annoying for me.

I guess I'll roll up a Marauder tonight and start collecting Endurance charges.

Rhaxis
May 26, 2011
Could I get an invite to the guild? Name: Kokkelio

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I just started this a couple of weeks ago, been slowly fumbling my way through different builds and clicking baddies.

I just had a pretty weird unique ring drop - it has a socket, and 'elemental equilibrium' which I looked up to see it does extra damage so long as I alternate between elements. Have I just picked up my first 'you need this item for this weird build' item?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Malachai's Artifice, and no. I can't think of anything that ring adds to the table that makes up for the resistance hit. Also, the cheapest one is listed at a whopping 3 alts, which should tell you what people think of it.

Now if you had found an Essence Worm you'd be talking. Builds that use Mind Over Matter (30% of damage is taken from mana instead of life) but still need an aura benefit from that since it maximizes how much of their mana can be used for damage mitigation.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Essence Worm is mainly just for Blood Magic builds that have no mana to give them a way to use auras.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
streaming this big dumb gay juggernaut discharge build in a few minutes if anyone cares https://www.twitch.tv/inventoroftrees

Harry Manback
Sep 22, 2009
Haven't played since last Summer, have a character in hardcore now but wondering if dc's are better than before?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not
*an unexpected disconnection has occurred*
really

at least i get them fairly frequently but i dont know if they are better or worse than a year ago

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Harry Manback posted:

Haven't played since last Summer, have a character in hardcore now but wondering if dc's are better than before?

This last patch introduced some 'upgrades' to some of their systems, especially with load times, but for a lot of people, myself included, it's just made a game that was already an unoptomized loving mess that runs like hot steaming balls into something that runs like even hotter, steamier balls, but with a shorter loading screen.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

ks is gay and he should give me that amulet for free for making his build for him, tia

wait until this guy figures out i got an abyssus drop too lol

I was gonna spend all my exalts on a curse amulet, instead i randomly vaaled one and got more orbs to boot :toot:

also idk dude, I'm kinda being swayed by jeb's poisonquake, that guy snoozed through twinned t15 with a 5L marohi.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Poisonquake was great last league and got massive buffs in Prophecy. Come join me, and together we can smash Wraeclast into a nice puddle of purple goo.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't like full pierce KB. Maybe it's because I'm doing it at 33 with double Twyzels, but I don't like it. Maybe something is wrong with me.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

soscannonballs posted:

Poisonquake was great last league and got massive buffs in Prophecy. Come join me, and together we can smash Wraeclast into a nice puddle of purple goo.

Im gonna get discharge to 90 and then beat atziri with it, then maybe swap?? My curse neck isn't a great fit since fire damage so that's a shame

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

soscannonballs posted:

Is there a standard build for that you can recommend?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I don't like full pierce KB. Maybe it's because I'm doing it at 33 with double Twyzels, but I don't like it. Maybe something is wrong with me.

The thing about the obliterator tree is that it doesn't look like a wander tree, so I levelled with firestorm instead. It worked for a long time, but it had some major difficulties in the 60s until I could wear my early endgame set.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Magus42 posted:

Is there a standard build for that you can recommend?

I recommend my build, which I have a guide for.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864/page/1

Hauki
May 11, 2010

just gonna chance a couple boots while i'm leveling my new dude

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Skyforth seems pretty good, I'd wear it just for the movespeed and aura reduction, but 'no life regeneration'' is both a bit vague and a bit harsh. If you're using Vaal Pact, sure. But does that mean you can't benefit from health pots, vitality auras, or stone golem regen?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It's meant for CI, not life builds. Being stunned is based on your HP, so low life and CI builds get stunned very easily and have to find ways to work aroudn that.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Still going with my staff crit guy (build) and things are going smoothly. The Stormheart carried me through basically an entire playthrough, but I eventually swapped it for a nice 200dps crit staff I found for less than 1c. It's melting things pretty thoroughly, though I had to swap out Added Fire for PCoC and took a big dps hit.

I just managed to beat the cruel lab. What should do with my next two ascendancy points? Undeniable was the obvious first pick, but now I'm not sure. I know Unflinching is the one you're supposed to pick because it and Unrelenting are overpowered, and I am having some trouble maintaining endurance charges. But Unstoppable would be nice too, because my movement speed is pretty bad with no Art of the Gladiator.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Skyforth seems pretty good, I'd wear it just for the movespeed and aura reduction, but 'no life regeneration'' is both a bit vague and a bit harsh. If you're using Vaal Pact, sure. But does that mean you can't benefit from health pots, vitality auras, or stone golem regen?

Health pots are not life regeneration, they are life recovery. All the others are disabled though, yes. Really no reason to not use them for almost any vaal pact build, if you can afford them. Its one of those 'even if you don't really plan on using it, your build will probably benefit from a lot from having it' super luxury type of items, like headhunter.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 10, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I'm planning on running bladefall poison mines in a 4-link as a boss-killer for a character, what's the best 4th link: Trap/mine damage or Minefield? For killing bosses as quickly as possible.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Minefield. Poison stacks, so get as many hits in as possible.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

whypick1 posted:

Minefield. Poison stacks, so get as many hits in as possible.

Number of hits doesn't matter, them stacking just means you don't want to focus on getting one big hit like with burning. That said, yes, minefield.
Damage effectiveness of minefield: 180% at level 1, 237% at level 20.
Damage effectiveness of trap/mine damage: 120% at level 1, 139% at level 20 (these numbers are even slightly higher than they should be, since there's reduced throw speed)

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

whypick1 posted:

Malachai's Artifice, and no. I can't think of anything that ring adds to the table that makes up for the resistance hit. Also, the cheapest one is listed at a whopping 3 alts, which should tell you what people think of it.

Non-conversion Ice Trapper. Slap your Orb of Storms in the ring and it'll proc you the mini-EE in addition to Elemental Overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mince Pieface posted:

I'm planning on running bladefall poison mines in a 4-link as a boss-killer for a character, what's the best 4th link: Trap/mine damage or Minefield? For killing bosses as quickly as possible.

Run it in a weapon swap Tremor Rod instead for an extra free link

• Locked thread