Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tusen Takk posted:

Didn't he get pulled pork with some rapper dude?

That was Killer Mike but I don't know what he actually ate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Bernie Sanders is every PoliSci professor I've ever had who knew exactly how the world should be run and then went home to a shittier apartment than mine in a 1988 Camry wagon because he was incapable of managing his own finances and was in debt up to his ears :aaa:

Some Jews like myself are semi-practicing and still eat pork because it's f'n delicious. You can't really tell that way; one of my just-out-of-college roommates was a Muslim and we made bacon omelettes on the regular. Other Jews and Muslims you wouldn't identify at first glance and they won't say poo poo but they'll quietly choose the chicken dish instead, no cheese please (for the Jews).

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
i am catholic and avoid pork by preference

i am literally the antichrist, i will cook and eat your children in front of you

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
If you avoid pork by preference, you'd probably make a lovely cannibal.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Geniasis posted:

Was that "You Must Remember This"? Their Star Wars series is pretty good too. (Hollywood Stars and WWII, not the Jedi poo poo)

Yeah, that's the one. I've been listening the the Black List episodes recently. Haven't got to Star Wars or the MGM series yet.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Avoiding shellfish is easy, because shellfish is gross. Pork is awesome, but I could probably manage without it. But no meat and dairy in the same meal? Even poultry and eggs? Cmon God, your killing me here.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

stubblyhead posted:

Avoiding shellfish is easy, because shellfish is gross. Pork is awesome, but I could probably manage without it. But no meat and dairy in the same meal? Even poultry and eggs? Cmon God, your killing me here.

Fish and eggs aren't meat (kosherwise anyway).

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I stand corrected on eggs, but still, no cheeseburgers? Weak.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

stubblyhead posted:

Is american cheese a dairy product?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

stubblyhead posted:

just put a fried egg on the burger

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is american cheese a dairy product?

Depends, is High Fructose Corn Syrup, Petroleum by product and Citric Acid, dairy?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Depends, is High Fructose Corn Syrup, Petroleum by product and Citric Acid, dairy?

That's for the courts to decide.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure if it has any trace of milk product, even whey powder or whatever, it counts. Then again tons of real cheese isn't kosher anyway since it contains rennet.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Red Ryder posted:

That's correct, the Spanish lisp pronounces z's and soft c's like the english th, though not all Spaniards have that accent. Latin American accents don't have this sound. I'm not sure what the person you were quoting was trying to say, but it's certainly possible for a Mexican to pronounce the sound especially if they speak English.

My girlfriend is from a part of Mexico where they speak spaniard style, while my spanish teacher was from a different part of Mexico.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

stubblyhead posted:

I grew up not eating pig, shellfish, and avoiding cheeseburgers. Bacon/pork/whatever tastes disgusting to me - too much salt and fat. I think if you don't grow up eating greasy, fatty, oily, fatty fat fat bacon then you just don't get used to it.

But goddamn, prawns are absolutely delicious. A bit weird looking but holy poo poo do they taste good.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hey guys, come to my birthday party, we're having cake.

What? No, we're not eating it. Just 'having' it.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
so if i have stippers at my bachlor party everyone's expected to become a cannibal?

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie

Hyperlynx posted:

I grew up not eating pig, shellfish, and avoiding cheeseburgers. Bacon/pork/whatever tastes disgusting to me - too much salt and fat. I think if you don't grow up eating greasy, fatty, oily, fatty fat fat bacon then you just don't get used to it.

But goddamn, prawns are absolutely delicious. A bit weird looking but holy poo poo do they taste good.

That's funny, I'm the exact opposite. Also grew up not eating pork or shellfish, and once I got to make my own food decisions, I discovered that I absolutely love bacon and all pork products, but can't stand any shellfish.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

stubblyhead posted:

Avoiding shellfish is easy, because shellfish is gross.

Mussels and scampi are great. The rest...eh. I've always considered lobster to be overrated.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
I can't eat anything that's had shrimp in it, even if the shrimp has been picked out, because the smell/taste is still there and it's awful. Same with bananas*. Clam chowder owns though. When I was little, clam chowder meant a creamy Campbell's soup with lots of diced potato and some questionable bits, so when we went to real restaurants I'd order clam chowder and wonder:
1. where are my potatoes
2. what are all these chewy motherfuckers doing in my clam chowder

*bananas are not a shellfish I think?

hogmartin has a new favorite as of 09:55 on Jun 12, 2016

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I don't know if this fits, but Russia are in the Euro 2016 football tournament. Does Russia count as Europe for football? If so, that's what I just figured out.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bogmonster posted:

I don't know if this fits, but Russia are in the Euro 2016 football tournament. Does Russia count as Europe for football? If so, that's what I just figured out.

Russia counts as Europe in most things, doesn't it?

Israel also counts as Europe for athletic competitions, for obvious reasons.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Bogmonster posted:

Bits of Russia are in Europe, it's just that fukkin huge. :eng101:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

sweeperbravo posted:

i am catholic and avoid pork by preference

i am literally the antichrist, i will cook and eat your children in front of you

You only eat the long pork then?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

hogmartin posted:

a small pastry, perhaps?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

hogmartin posted:

I can confirm that I hate bananas just as much as you, but am quite fond of shellfish.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Scallops are god-tier food.
Mmmm hangin' out in a garlic and butter bath.
Ohhhhhh those seared edges!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Look up scallop eyes. Sorry to ruin them for you.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

KillHour posted:

Look up scallop eyes. Sorry to ruin them for you.

Looks like a boss from a Metroid game.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Butt Ox posted:

Looks like a boss from a Metroid game.

Let's go one better:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Venus Flytraps can flower. :psyduck: I didn't realize they could. I also didn't know epiphytes exist. What the gently caress mother nature

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Related, I remember reading that if you don't prune flytrap flowers away early, it's usually the end of the plant unless you're really lucky.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I saw a rat scampering along a tree branch earlier today. I mean, it makes sense that they can do that, I just didn't think that they did. Frankly, my life in general was better off before I came to that particular realization :gonk:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

I saw a rat scampering along a tree branch earlier today. I mean, it makes sense that they can do that, I just didn't think that they did. Frankly, my life in general was better off before I came to that particular realization :gonk:

Rats are excellent climbers. You don't see them up in trees because they nest on the ground and usually in shrubs and such.

I love rats :3:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Inzombiac posted:

Rats are excellent climbers. You don't see them up in trees because they nest on the ground and usually in shrubs and such.

I love rats :3:

So I don't have to worry about one falling on my head? Because I now have a phobia of that happening.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Crow Jane posted:

So I don't have to worry about one falling on my head?

Not accidentally

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What you should be worried about is that they can totally climb into your bed if they want to.

Edit: Dumb phone.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jun 16, 2016

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

What you should be worried about is that they can totally climb into your head if they want to.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

There is a species of tick whose bite can give the host an allergy to meat.:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

What you should be worried about is that they can totally climb into your bed if they want to.

Edit: Dumb phone.

No, the first way was much better.