Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
CNN's National Security Analyst weighs in on Trump's "plan" to fight terrorism:

Peter Bergen posted:

For Trump's plan to work, you would somehow have to wind the clock back a half-century and ban immigration from all Muslim countries until now. Since even Trump doesn't claim he can reverse time, his proposal for a temporary ban is fatuous.

It's the sort of idea that your opinionated and tiresome uncle who always has the "easy" answer to every difficult problem trots out at Thanksgiving dinner and everyone ignores because it's clearly just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

This just in, Trump claims he is world's best Chronomancer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

I thought this might be a simple Florida Man or Carb Day situation so I made sure to check their calves - cantaloupe-sized, as I feared

these were the real deal

Speaking of Florida Man (Clarification, the lovely corrupt Florida AG is a woman, so Florida Woman) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL97B7aV6q4

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My face aches from grinning. I can't get enough of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Sj7D50D44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pex6o6f3YE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8I2mD1AQ8w

And this is kinda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2286Djc_g

Philthy fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 14, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Speaking of Florida Man (Clarification, the lovely corrupt Florida AG is a woman, so Florida Woman) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL97B7aV6q4

Saw that, it's fantastic. I hope we get Angry Anderson for the rest of the GE, it's no stretch for him to be more angry at the cravenness of the conservatives than your average reporter

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The end of that is the most brutal passive aggressive beatdown I've seen captured on tape. She's tossing MY GOODNESS and gay dead bodies at him to slow him down and he's just flying past them like thank you thank you thank you so much for what you're doing Hey by the way hows national dog month going?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

William Bear posted:

Milo's focused on armed gay militancy. He's speaking in Orlando soon.

He'll be fine.

https://twitter.com/Nero/status/742209537843822592?p=p

Milo, found something like the Rainbow Panthers, it's both a good idea and an extremely Milo thing to do.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DaveWoo posted:

This is pretty good analysis for basically every trump "policy proposal"

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Holy god my face

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FAUXTON posted:

Maybe this is the start of a new age, where reporters don't let politicians off the hook with bullshit evasion. Maybe Trump has taught them a lesson.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

crazy cloud posted:

Milo, found something like the Rainbow Panthers, it's both a good idea and an extremely Milo thing to do.

It makes sense. After all, we've heard for years that the only thing that can stop a bad gay with a gun is a good gay with a gun.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh my god he says even more insane things than I originally picked up. It's like reading a book a 2nd time.

WHO EVEN KNOWS WHAT A TRILLION IS

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Or maybe Anderson Cooper is gay and pissed

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I mean, yeah, it's a personal affront to him because she'd previously said people like him were a danger to her state but he doesn't take any god drat poo poo from her.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

crazy cloud posted:

The Lavender Panthers did it in the 70s.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Kinda get the feeling Trump pissed off the media.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anderson Cooper plays Anderson in: Gay and Pissed opening July fourth weekend

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Someone summed it up pretty well before by saying, yeah he's banned Univision but even then he caught hell for it (mitigated by the press blowing him daily of course)

But not even Nixon blocked access to the Washington Post

I wonder if he realizes that he's waiving his only leverage he has to get them to be nice to him when he does these things

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Jake Tapper kind of did the same thing to Rick Scott as well, I was surprised.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oiled and Ready posted:

Most gay nightclubs are filled with straight people too now, but old people probably don't know that or accept it.

"Straights hanging out with gays, and on the gays' terms? Bah!"

Before it sort of burned down (no malfeasance suspected) the local gay bar was goddamn packed as practically the only good dance club in town. :v:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

Anderson Cooper plays Anderson in: Gay and Pissed opening July fourth weekend

Da Andy C Show

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Dalaram posted:

Holy god my face

The original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_qTcmIJJ8c

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I've always found gay clubs to be way more fun and just an overall better atmosphere than straight clubs.

I'm sure stuff has changed a lot over the last decade, but 10 years ago when I first started to going to any clubs, straight clubs were always filled with the frat-boy douche boy-esque "Eww icky gays. I go to clubs to get pussy" types. Gay clubs were more of a safe haven.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
so about the russians hacking into the dnc and stealing the trump oppo research. what's to stop them from handing it over to trump and giving him the ability to come up with counters to everything the clinton campaign is planning? i haven't seen much talk being done about this but i have a feeling it's something worth bringing up.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lol

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so about the russians hacking into the dnc and stealing the trump oppo research. what's to stop them from handing it over to trump and giving him the ability to come up with counters to everything the clinton campaign is planning? i haven't seen much talk being done about this but i have a feeling it's something worth bringing up.

Trump will slip and acknowledge that he got it from the Russians, resulting in an international incident. Officially, Russia does not attempt to hack. Nor does the US, nor China, nor... Well, I think North Korea is pretty out and out with it.
Woof. What number was Bush's floor again?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm sure manafort is trying with his old pals, and im also sure trump would throw it in the garbage because he cant have people working under him knowing lovely things he's done.

I'm half joking, but the reports of inside the campaign are insane enough to believe it.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

shiksa posted:

Yeah late June, Scotland I think? Meanwhile Democrats will he able to just broadside him the entire time hes gone because no one else is allowed to craft a response and the surrogates are running out of steam.

So the locals having experienced the Donald and his usual business practices, guess how popular he is in Scotland these days.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this would presume that Trump plays defense at all

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

because i am pretty sure either A: its already happened and B: if it were revealed that trump was pulling a russian digital Watergate break in, he would be hosed.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/742849365878943748
not over til it's over

quote:

Conservative donor John Kingston will act as chairman of Better for America, which says it will have the framework in place for the late entrance of an independent candidate into the general election.
Pollster Joel Searby and conservative lawyers Mohammad Jazil and Matthew Sawyer are also on the team. Sawyer notably served as general council to Ross Perot’s Reform Party bid in 1996, in which he took 8 percent of the vote.
Deadlines to make the ballot in Texas, South Dakota and North Carolina have already passed. Deadlines in Illinois, Indiana and New Mexico come at the end of the month and require between 15,000 and 25,000 signatures.

Better for America claims it can legally challenge those deadlines and obtain extensions.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Can't develop counters to what he hasn't yet done, and that's not even factoring in the stuff he's done where there IS no counter, like the high speed flip-flopping and the Stern tapes

If they do it, they'll have to do so clandestinely because Trump would probably fire and ruin anybody found with a huge folder of dirt on him.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if you sewed Donald Trumps mouth shut hed kick his way through the stitches in an effort to jam his foot in there

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mordiceius posted:

I've always found gay clubs to be way more fun and just an overall better atmosphere than straight clubs.

I'm sure stuff has changed a lot over the last decade, but 10 years ago when I first started to going to any clubs, straight clubs were always filled with the frat-boy douche boy-esque "Eww icky gays. I go to clubs to get pussy" types. Gay clubs were more of a safe haven.

Seconding this, the big gay club in my city had a hell of a fast bar crew on top of all the things you pointed out.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

prefect posted:

Maybe this is the start of a new age, where reporters don't let politicians off the hook with bullshit evasion. Maybe Trump has taught them a lesson.

lol. no. this is just way to big and awful a tragedy/massacre for the GOP to ratfuck their way out off. half of their platform is making GBS threads on LGBT and all kinds of awful poo poo and now suddenly they want to be the gays best friends.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Teddybear posted:

Woof. What number was Bush's floor again?

I want to say it was that same 29% :lol:

e: Oh it was actually 27% in late Sept '08: http://www.gallup.com/poll/110806/bushs-approval-rating-drops-new-low-27.aspx

So yeah, I guess the GOP is better than september 2008 bush approval.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 15, 2016

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Yeah, it's Nate, but

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/742853665497722880

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I mean it's not crazy - Manafort did, after all, make a name for himself putting pro-Putin people in power in Ukraine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this is how we pivot

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/742854688949841920

• Locked thread