Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Golem II posted:

McRae changes you see but I don't see any difference to widow

in many situations where she would've killed someone, now she doesn't, and she's worse at countering turrets, and lost some trick shots, and has less situational awareness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

redweird posted:

Zenyatta actually heals 66% of his health. His self heal is not as good as Mercy's and Lucio's but his orbs are stronk

I'm not counting his shields for this equation(for one thing his overall health is low enough that if his shields get broken he'll probably end up dying anyways so his shields being able to refill is often a moot point)

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is the BNet app a bit of a computer hog? I find it taking up a decent part of my % in Task Manager, even when it's just idling. I've read about people recommending that you turn it off while playing for various boosts.

Obviously, many might not learn if they have a monster computer, but it looks pretty significant here.

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

now that you have to headshot Zenyatta as Widow it's noticeable how he has maybe the tiniest head in the game

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Papercut posted:

I had a really weird Roadhog night. I was landing my hook better than ever, including waiting to use it until I had closed distance to be sure to get the stun duration. But over and over and over again, enemies were escaping without dying. I had a Mercy who I hooked+M1, she lives and starts flying off, I turn and chase her, hook her again, and the same thing happened! Apparently I'm a terrible hog.

I honestly don't get what's up with Hog at all, people escape half my hooks by moving away before my shot goes off, yet when I get hooked at max distance I still get instagibbed without a chance to react.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

sex idiot posted:

now that you have to headshot Zenyatta as Widow it's noticeable how he has maybe the tiniest head in the game

Considering that he's probably the most fragile character in the game right now, that's probably a good thing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Papercut posted:

I had a really weird Roadhog night. I was landing my hook better than ever, including waiting to use it until I had closed distance to be sure to get the stun duration. But over and over and over again, enemies were escaping without dying. I had a Mercy who I hooked+M1, she lives and starts flying off, I turn and chase her, hook her again, and the same thing happened! Apparently I'm a terrible hog.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Broken Cog posted:

I have 1500 unused credits and no more legendary skins I really want. Any suggestions on what to use it on? I mostly play Tracer, Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Symmetra and Junkrat.

Keep either all of it or 1000 bucks. You could spend it all on cheap sprays and women, but then what are you going to do when they add bikini Roadhog and you're broke?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Buy firefighter mei

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Why does Reaper get to keep his ult if you kill him when he starts using it? Lost a game because a Reaper ran into use and tried to ult twice and died instantly. Third time on the point though he finally waits for his team and despite ulting and failing both lifes before that, he still has it.

Maybe I'm just bitter because when I play Symmetra the game doesn't give me a second chance with my ult :mad:

any ult that you fire like that won't lose all its charge if you die right away during it. you basically keep whatever charge you still had left. I've killed the same pharah using the same barrage twice because I got her as soon as she started it once, she got revived, then I sniped her out of the air when she tried it again like 10 seconds later

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Elman posted:

I honestly don't get what's up with Hog at all, people escape half my hooks by moving away before my shot goes off, yet when I get hooked at max distance I still get instagibbed without a chance to react.

You can hold down LMB while the hook animation plays out and it'll fire off the shot immediately when it ends. Also, you can animation cancel into the hook from a RMB. The whole combo is basically RMB>Hook>Hold LMB>Melee, which is something like 350+ damage if all pellets connect (not counting headshot damage).

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Play the game how you want as long as you have fun and aren't a jerk about it.

I am hating the dropping you into an almost finished game, or Starting you off with 3-4 people then just as you approach the enemy and start shooting - drops you out to the menu as there weren't enough players

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

I have 1500 unused credits and no more legendary skins I really want. Any suggestions on what to use it on? I mostly play Tracer, Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Symmetra and Junkrat.

I have 3000+ credits since I went a bit overboard with buying loot boxes and the previous 24 that I bought included mostly shitloads of currency. So I'm probably saving at least 2000 of it for whenever Blizz decides to patch in some new skins (or heroes). That could take a while though, since there wasn't any mention in the latest Kaplan copy-pasta and he seemed to make sure to include every bit of "this is why you should keep playing" argument. There's some really nice skins on all those you mentioned (except Tracer), but that's pretty much up to you :D

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Proposition Joe posted:

It's called Mei.

I'm guessing he means the enemy ultimates, in which case Zenyatta and Zarya and Lucio are good.

e: Widowmaker changes are cool and good. Now makes it even easier for an exploding junkrat to jump up, place a trap at her feet, wave hello and blow her up.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Grammaton posted:

Funny how you join a game in progress and lose like a minute later it counts as a loss.

That's because win rate in QP doesn't matter.
I was even dropped right onto defeat screen a few times. Literally not even character selection.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I think Zenyatta needs a buff. He's the most fragile hero, too easily killed. He either needs something to enhance his mobility (perhaps a flight power ala Pharah) or maybe make it so his orbs don't wear off after 3 seconds of the target leaving his sight so that he doesn't have to stick closely to his teammates.

Kurzon fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 16, 2016

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Eyyyy uploaded my first ever Overwatch video I don't know why the sound hosed out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Siz5mczITU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I love it when I'm rezzed as Junkrat. It's usually in the middle of the enemy and I often wonder what sort of carnage I can unleash.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
How long does it take to respawn? 10 seconds or 15 seconds? It feels a little short.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kurzon posted:

How long does it take to respawn? 10 seconds or 15 seconds? It feels a little short.

10 seconds.

What's really stupid long is the downtime before matches. You get 30 seconds to pick a team, and then another minute waiting on the spawn point if you're attacking; they could just make the defenders spawn closer for the start of the game and cut 30 seconds of wait time honestly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I need 30 seconds to guarantee that every arcade machine in Hanamura is destroyed or that the whiteboard in Gibraltar has spun enough times.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Shy posted:

That's because win rate in QP doesn't matter.
I was even dropped right onto defeat screen a few times. Literally not even character selection.

B-b-but muh stats

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They need to make physical leaderboards in the match start areas that highlight who's broken the most objects :colbert:

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

I need 30 seconds to guarantee that every arcade machine in Hanamura is destroyed or that the whiteboard in Gibraltar has spun enough times.

Don't forget garbage can lids need spinning as well.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Broken Cog posted:

Mariachi Reaper, how is this a discussion

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
The hitregs in Roadhog's hook>shotgun combo seem to vary wildly from game to game. Most of the time it's fine, but some games I've hooked a Tracer/Zen and shot them point blank for only 75-100 health.

I remember at one point, I hooked a Tracer with only one round left in the chamber, it did like 100 damage point-point blank and the tracer just sat there not realizing she wasn't dead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thor-Stryker posted:

The hitregs in Roadhog's hook>shotgun combo seem to vary wildly from game to game. Most of the time it's fine, but some games I've hooked a Tracer/Zen and shot them point blank for only 75-100 health.

I remember at one point, I hooked a Tracer with only one round left in the chamber, it did like 100 damage point-point blank and the tracer just sat there not realizing she wasn't dead.

Well Roadhog's ult has a randomly occurring bug, maybe there's a lot more about him that's broken.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

In the drop ships i have to shoot the 2 red fire extinguishers and the pack of green ones in the wall.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Had another decent match with Mei on Anubis D last night. Love me some Mei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2LoEOSrrDM

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

Had another decent match with Mei on Anubis D last night. Love me some Mei.

Nice play, wish i was that good.... but the PUGS suck...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

NTRabbit posted:

Well Roadhog's ult has a randomly occurring bug, maybe there's a lot more about him that's broken.

is that the weird im using it and for no reason my camera instantly looks up

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

TheresaJayne posted:

Nice play, wish i was that good.... but the PUGS suck...

I'm still getting used to how long my DPI/sensitivity settings are and I'm trying to make them go lower. There's a couple times in there where you can see I am obviously used to being able to turn much quicker. It'll get there though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I got the Huge Success achievement with Symmetra this morning (20 players teleported in a single match). It was on Volskaya industries. I found a good spot for the point A teleporter which is close to the point, but not on the obvious flanking routes, which means it will stay alive. Point B has few good places to put turrets, but many to place teleporters. It was really the match staying in Overtime for about a full minute or so that really let me get it though. I got it at like the last second as I was dying on the point (we lost).

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

verbal enema posted:

is that the weird im using it and for no reason my camera instantly looks up

Yes. Up and back/to the side.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I just realized Torbjorn's alt fire does enough damage to oneshot Tracer without landing a headshot and that's kind of nuts.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Opposing Farce posted:

I just realized Torbjorn's alt fire does enough damage to oneshot Tracer without landing a headshot and that's kind of nuts.

Torbjorn is strictly better DPS than McCree now, man.

Bearspeed
Nov 11, 2011

Accelerating to bear speed since 1988.

Opposing Farce posted:

Point-blank right? I typically 2 or 3 shot a Tracer with the alt fire, which seems fine. I love how much damage Torbjorn's melta-gun does.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Bearspeed posted:

Point-blank right? I typically 2 or 3 shot a Tracer with the alt fire, which seems fine. I love how much damage Torbjorn's melta-gun does.

It's 150 damage if all pellets hit, so not necessarily point blank but you do have to be pretty close.

Nerses IV posted:

Torbjorn is strictly better DPS than McCree now, man.

I mean you're not wrong.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Night Blade posted:

Tonight feels really, really bad.

I pretty much lost most of my games tonight, but I'm happy with how I played. It's really frustrating doing well, but getting dismantled because the game puts you against stacks constantly and your teammates, while fine can't hold a candle to a coordinated effort.

Then there are games where your Roadhog runs face first into the enemy the entire game, and your Genji just flails around uselessly.

Teams don't change game after game, and team scramble is disabled when groups are playing together against pubs: where it's needed the most.

gold medal healing at low 3000's is probably the most egregious thing there, although gold medal damage at 4000 is pretty miserable too.

fwiw I think you'll have a hard time being effective as zenyatta if roadhog is your 'only tank' on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Buy firefighter mei

This is what I'm saving for.

I had a potg with Mei last night where I headshot 3 people in a row from range, and I was so mad that I'm still in her default skin.