Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

thats the hardest interview ive read on gamestop

yeah the interviewer actually asked good questions assuming you care about content vs raw mechanics. those responses though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
The worst part of playing SF5 is; it's boring as gently caress.

This might seem weird or whatever, but to me, there is no chance to "express yourself" if yall will excuse the flowery language. Every character plays the same. Used to be, you could see Infiltration play Akuma and Tokido play Akuma and spot their different playstyles and appreciate both. Like the difference between Diminion Guile or NuckleDu Guile. Snake eyes and Vangief. There is none of that now. Daigo looks like Tokido. Momochi plays exactly like 10 other Kens. A dude who posts in this thread and is pretty good plays EXACTLY like Itabashi Zangief.

The game is sad as gently caress and literally everyone knew it as soon as it came out. I'm not even talking about the lag or lovely hit boxes but just general fun. I used to play with a solid 8 people very regularly in USF4 (a deeply flawed game itself) and basically everyone hates this game. I talk to these people about our gardens now, or drinking stories, or about dumb FGC members. What a ruined opportunity.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Foodahn posted:

This might seem weird or whatever, but to me, there is no chance to "express yourself" if yall will excuse the flowery language. Every character plays the same. Used to be, you could see Infiltration play Akuma and Tokido play Akuma and spot their different playstyles and appreciate both. Like the difference between Diminion Guile or NuckleDu Guile. Snake eyes and Vangief. There is none of that now. Daigo looks like Tokido. Momochi plays exactly like 10 other Kens. A dude who posts in this thread and is pretty good plays EXACTLY like Itabashi Zangief.

The game is sad as gently caress and literally everyone knew it as soon as it came out. I'm not even talking about the lag or lovely hit boxes but just general fun. I used to play with a solid 8 people very regularly in USF4 (a deeply flawed game itself) and basically everyone hates this game. I talk to these people about our gardens now, or drinking stories, or about dumb FGC members. What a ruined opportunity.

You're definitely not the first person to say it. Even Infiltration talked about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The jokes about flowchart Ken became very appropriate with this game, it seems.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Foodahn posted:

Play Overwatch instead.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Foodahn posted:

I'm pretty meh at fighters. Like I could def see improvement if I like went to locals maybe but I know I'm not your sit in training mode and grind type.

I feel like I literally mastered Bison in the beta. (and he's like one of the handful who actually feel like completed characters)

I felt like this game was super simplistic from then and thought it'd be a nice change if the characters all played super differently. Issue is people like laura and rashid felt incomplete during beta and never went further. People just discovered mix-ups on like day -5 and have been using them since.

my sf4 buddy since vanilla decided gently caress this game and we play overwatch together. I tried to get him into guilty gear but I could imagine hes cautious after buying sf5 lol. But I think even after a shareplay he was instantly more interested in GG

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 17, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Woof

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

ahahahahahah gently caress this game

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
What would you say to the people out there that have Street Fighter V, but may still be left wanting. Then seeing Injustice 2, a new Guilty Gear, a new King of Fighters, and a new Tekken on the way, and thinking about making the switch? Why should they be confident that you'll be able to turn it around?

MD: First off would be: please check out our cinematic story.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Matt Dahlgren: Please play our game instead of Guilty Gear,

Street Fighter 5 Battle Planner Woshige: *plays guilty gear*

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The story mode will save us

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Matt Dahlgren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G8oHukH_pE&t=27s

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

reminder Guilty Gear is really fuckin good and had the hypest top 8 at EVO in forever (in spite of Hellpockets) after Smash players pretty much ruined pool and top 32

I really hope they don't let poo poo like that happen again

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Injustice 2 is going to have Dex-Starr and SFV doesn't even have like one cat! Shaking my drat head.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are smash players still bringing in the most turnouts after SF?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Baal posted:

i cant imagine they wouldnt, those people show up in droves for everything theyre like russians coming out of the trees

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Then prepare for anime players to be stuck in the ghetto that they are in while Wiz tries to lock off an entire section of the hotel for SFV and Smash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

Melee is on the main stage still, and I'm going to sink into a deep depression while watching all 6 hours of it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

(in spite of Hellpockets)

Terrible opinions abound

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Hellpockets doesn't know anything about the game and I can beat him in it so he shouldn't be commentating Evo for it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Hellpockets doesn't know anything about the game and I can beat him in it so he shouldn't be commentating Evo for it.

But he's entertaining, meanwhile I wouldn't want you to comment anything ever so

(I don't even know who are the good GG commentators, I liked Dacidbro in BB but I dunno if he plays GG)

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

What would you say to the people out there that have Street Fighter V, but may still be left wanting. Then seeing Injustice 2, a new Guilty Gear, a new King of Fighters, and a new Tekken on the way, and thinking about making the switch? Why should they be confident that you'll be able to turn it around?

MD: First off would be: please check out our cinematic story.

I thought this was a jokepost but no this is just a verbatim quote from the interview holy moly

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
commentate a ft5 against each other

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bebop is v entertaining when he's not destroying ur self esteem

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

But he's entertaining, meanwhile I wouldn't want you to comment anything ever so

(I don't even know who are the good GG commentators, I liked Dacidbro in BB but I dunno if he plays GG)

Tasty_Steve

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

reminder Guilty Gear is really fuckin good and had the hypest top 8 at EVO in forever (in spite of Hellpockets) after Smash players pretty much ruined pool and top 32

I really hope they don't let poo poo like that happen again
To be honest the only part of that top 8 I enjoyed was when Woshige stood up. Which to be fair did make it a more entertaining top 8 overall than Smash.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Woshige thought he'd never live down that finals but now sfv's combat is much more embarrassing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Unlike you old bitter fucks, I can appreciate Smash, but Smash top 8 last for fuckin' ever and it's all the boring characters playing against each other, it's like MK9 top 8s.

Last year's finals were just kinda...there. I really don't remember much about any game except for Woshige standing up.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
This is all totally anecdotal and probably only applies to my area, but when SF4 first came out, and then subsequently SSF4 and Marvel 3, they drew HUGE crowds and I'd see lots of people at tournaments and sessions. As time went on, things slowly shrunk and by USF4 there weren't many people who really cared all that much.

I think SFxT might have been the beginning of the end, because that game launched to a lot of initial fanfare and people were already starting to get bored of SF4, but soon they realized SFxT was hot garbage and dropped off. I certainly did for a while. I just got bored of playing the same game for 6+ years and USF4 did little to revitalize my interest.

Say what you will about SF4, but it was the first Street Fighter game made in almost a decade and was extremely popular initially. It kickstarted a resurgence in 2D fighters when they had mostly laid dormant unless they were Guilty Gear. SF4 filled a void that had been missing for a long time. You know that old saying, distance makes the heart grow fonder. When SF5 came out, there was no longer a shortage of 2D fighters. And the fact that Capcom totally botched SF5 by releasing it broken and unfinished just made matters that much worse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

Unlike you old bitter fucks, I can appreciate Smash, but Smash top 8 last for fuckin' ever and it's all the boring characters playing against each other, it's like MK9 top 8s.

Last year's finals were just kinda...there. I really don't remember much about any game except for Woshige standing up.

Guilty Gear top 8 was a ton of fun and USFIV had the insane controller failure drama and Gamerbee healing himself 4 times a round

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also infiltration playing mind games and running the clock on the character select so long they had to get the official time keeper in his face to stop clowning.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Guilty Gear top 8 was a ton of fun and USFIV had the insane controller failure drama and Gamerbee healing himself 4 times a round

Legit forgot that was this last EVO, I guess that's the SFV cycle eroding my SF4 memories.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I can only stand Smash when it's Hungrybox b/c he's the closest that game gets to traditional footsies from what I've seen and he tilts half the playerbase for being such a defensive player.

Also, I mentioned this in the Discord but if anyone is interested in a weekly battle lounge with this bad game, I'll be hosting one starting Saturdays at about 7PM Central time. Join the Discord if you haven't already, as I'll be posting details there.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

HAHAHA OH MY loving GOD

quote:

GameSpot: Ibuki was delayed a few weeks and is now launching alongside the Story mode. What was the purpose of that delay and what has it achieved?
Matt Dahlgren: I don't think we have complete specifics on what it allowed us to achieve.

quote:

Gamespot: Capcom's CEO said that Street Fighter Vwas lacking in content and needed more polish. What does delivering on "more polish" mean to the development team?

MD: I think the gameplay itself was actually very polished.

Oh my god I'm dying and i'm not even past the first two paragraphs.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Battle Lounge is so much worse than lobbies were in 4, god drat. The have to connect to the server to do anything online style of games loving blow

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Wow what a terrible interview. This guy does not sound like he likes this game at all and just complains about everything. If you don't like the game fine, but don't insult my intelligence by arraging an interview just so you can bash on a game.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dias posted:

Wow what a terrible interview. This guy does not sound like he likes this game at all and just complains about everything. If you don't like the game fine, but don't insult my intelligence by arraging an interview just so you can bash on a game.

I think it was the best interview ever and probably the most honest Capcom would ever get.

Unless you're talking about the devs, I agree its clear they hate the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dias posted:

Comment section?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Microwaves Mom posted:

I think it was the best interview ever and probably the most honest Capcom would ever get.

Unless you're talking about the devs, I agree its clear they hate the game.

yeah seriously i havent read gamestop in years and i was v. impressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

In Training posted:

Also infiltration playing mind games and running the clock on the character select so long they had to get the official time keeper in his face to stop clowning.

this was so good and fun

also nemo