Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Comment section?

Literally most recent comment when I opened up the article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dias posted:

Literally most recent comment when I opened up the article.

opening comments is a hassle for me. But I guess there still are a few brainwashed people out there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the interviewer sounded pissed and im happy about that

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I love SF..but f**k you Capcom. I reported the close to 100 f**king documented Rage Quitters I have on my youtube and you haven't done jack poo poo. F**K YOU!!!!!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dias posted:

Wow what a terrible interview. This guy does not sound like he likes this game at all and just complains about everything. If you don't like the game fine, but don't insult my intelligence by arraging an interview just so you can bash on a game.

yeah gently caress that guy this games good and fine

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Microwaves Mom posted:

I think it was the best interview ever and probably the most honest Capcom would ever get.

Unless you're talking about the devs, I agree its clear they hate the game.

I mean, if you were slaving 24/7 to get a a broken, busted unfinished product somewhat presentable within an unreasonable timeframe, you'd probably hate the game, too!

My heart goes out to anyone working on this game. I'm sure it's a living hell working for Capcom.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Gammatron 64 posted:

My heart goes out to anyone working on this game. I'm sure it's a living hell working for Capcom.

oh god yeah. i feel bad for capcom usa

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Now that Konami is just pachinkos.

Pretty much Capcom JP is the evil villain in the game industry now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh no they still have to beat EA, Ubisoft, Activision, etc.

They're more like the Bulk and Skull of Video games

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Baal posted:

Uh no they still have to beat EA, Ubisoft, Activision, etc.

They're more like the Bulk and Skull of Video games

Capcom is Dr. Wily.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gammatron 64 posted:

Capcom is Dr. Wily.

That would imply they havent had a game in ages.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

Then prepare for anime players to be stuck in the ghetto that they are in while Wiz tries to lock off an entire section of the hotel for SFV and Smash.

They stuck our stream station right in front of the smash projector.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

They stuck our stream station right in front of the smash projector.

lmao

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I can't understand (actually I do) why this game has no arcade mode yet. The functionality is already there with the CPU in training, how much more would it take to slap a framework on it and add a couple of those awful pictures for each ending?

gently caress it would make so much more sense to unlock colors through a hard-tier 10-round game then it does to get through Survival. Even if it was one at a time!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i love playing comp melee but i'd rather watch paint dry while having my skin slowly flayed from my body than watch comp melee

poo poo, i'd rather play sfv than watch comp melee

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 17, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

NarkyBark posted:

I can't understand (actually I do) why this game has no arcade mode yet. The functionality is already there with the CPU in training, how much more would it take to slap a framework on it and add a couple of those awful pictures for each ending?

gently caress it would make so much more sense to unlock colors through a hard-tier 10-round game then it does to get through Survival. Even if it was one at a time!

pft, next thing you'll want is a difficulty setting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

pft, next thing you'll want is a difficulty setting

they already made them for training dummies :psyduck:

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Does anybody here seriously hold out some hope that this month's content update wont be a complete lackluster pile of poo poo? If so then I dont know what to tell you. So far they havent managed to get a single thing right with SFV and every promise they made before release was a blatant lie, why would they suddenly change course?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't give a shiiiiiiiiiit about story modes in FG's anyway so this is already a bunch of crap for me.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

This article is great. Especially the part that the interviewer seems to be under the impression that SFV has an Arcade Mode. Also I like the Capcom response: "Our PRO TOUR attendance is up, we have more fans than ever, we're doing great, nothing is wrong and if you dont like it gently caress you. SFV is fine, everything is fine."

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Considering SFV is pretty much over I really wanted to look forward to KOF14, but why does it still look like this only 2 months from release: http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2016/jun/17/reynald-and-mr-kof-demo-king-fighters-14/

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Double Bill posted:

Considering SFV is pretty much over I really wanted to look forward to KOF14, but why does it still look like this only 2 months from release: http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2016/jun/17/reynald-and-mr-kof-demo-king-fighters-14/

Sprites or whatever magic Xrd uses would've been better but it's kind of growing on me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Double Bill posted:

because snk has less cash on hand than the average fighting game player

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
SNK has said nothing about online so I'm expecting absolutely nothing from KoF14.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

Sprites or whatever magic Xrd uses would've been better but it's kind of growing on me

Those would have been a shitload more work too

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

no but realize that there had been a long drought of new capcom fighting games before sf4 so the thirst level from the public at large was much higher for a fighting game

old heads still shat on it but i dont think the general consensus was as bad out the gate as it is for SFV, im probably mis-remembering how bad it actually was though
No you don't misremember, some people loved it, some hated it, but overall the vast majority were just happy to have another SF game to rally around and also to see the FG community grow. The issues with it were more of the normal kind of issues that every game has, like people having different opinions on play speed and balancing and random ultras, which is more palatable because being able to random ultra your way to a comeback victory is a lot easier to accept as being at least someone's cup of tea. And 1f links were very dumb but at least had one positive side of injecting another element of skill into the game. People would discuss on forums how 1f links were really loving dumb and way too hard to pull off, but they would also discuss and share techniques for how to pull it off and make videos on how to plink and poo poo, plus you could just pick any non-Rufus character and be fine without it. So at least there was no thing in SF4 that was objectively one-sidedly bad for the game.

While the poo poo going on with this game is just objectively bad and there's just no excuse for 8f input lag that isn't lessened during online play or no arcade mode or releasing a DLC timeline that's completely made up.

I mean SF4 had: an arcade mode, a good-enough online mode, no major technical issues, good graphics for the time, a at least fundamentally solid gameplay, and was released feature-complete.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 17, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Xrd is 3d models but hand worked to look and move like sprites including the introduction of imperfections and poo poo to sell the effect more. They are labor intensive as gently caress to produce just like sprites. Xrd did it because they wanted the sprite look with the dynamic camera of 3d. Theres a great conference speech about it on youtube.

Snk is not in financial shape to do sprites or fake 3d sprites right now

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Bisse posted:

No you don't misremember, some people loved it, some hated it, but overall the vast majority were just happy to have another SF game to rally around and also to see the FG community grow. The issues with it were more of the normal kind of issues that every game has, like people having different opinions on play speed and balancing and random ultras, which is more palatable because being able to random ultra your way to a comeback victory is a lot easier to accept as being at least someone's cup of tea. And 1f links were very dumb but at least had one positive side of injecting another element of skill into the game. People would discuss on forums how 1f links were really loving dumb and way too hard to pull off, but they would also discuss and share techniques for how to pull it off and make videos on how to plink and poo poo, plus you could just pick any non-Rufus character and be fine without it. So at least there was no thing in SF4 that was objectively one-sidedly bad for the game.

While the poo poo going on with this game is just objectively bad and there's just no excuse for 8f input lag that isn't lessened during online play or no arcade mode or releasing a DLC timeline that's completely made up.

I mean SF4 had: an arcade mode, a good-enough online mode, no major technical issues, good graphics for the time, a at least fundamentally solid gameplay, and was released feature-complete.

I agree with all of this. Good post. If SFV's netcode and roster were better I'd be able to adjust the other poo poo.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Does anybody here seriously hold out some hope that this month's content update wont be a complete lackluster pile of poo poo?

I'm kind of looking forward to the part of story mode where we get to play the unreleased DLC characters in their unfinished state. One of the very few mysteries left for this game is establishing how those characters will play, even if they aren't release ready yet. There's probably a handful of players still hanging around waiting for their character, hoping they might save the game for them (really doubtful of at this point).

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jmcrofts posted:

Those would have been a shitload more work too

I saw your SFV videos on youtube today and I thought to myself, "what a shame a lot of effort and love went into these, unlike SFV."

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Lothire posted:

I'm kind of looking forward to the part of story mode where we get to play the unreleased DLC characters in their unfinished state. One of the very few mysteries left for this game is establishing how those characters will play, even if they aren't release ready yet. There's probably a handful of players still hanging around waiting for their character, hoping they might save the game for them (really doubtful of at this point).

I fell in love with FANG and I still don't play because either matchmaking is insane or there's literally no one playing but brand new Ryu's and silver Nash's/Kens. I felt like I was doing charity work playing Vega, FANG and Laura giving people a break from that poo poo.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The actual gently caress

hahahaha this is....

I mean, okay, it's so obvious that this game was shat out on a minimal budget and then on top of that released way too early. And if literally the only thing you have left to save your sinking ship is a cinematic story mode coming out then, yeah, yes, I would also hate my life and also shill it as hard as I can.

But what the actual gently caress with forcing you to play a 4 hour story mode on easy mode? I mean what the gently caress? There are things with this game that are explainable by budget and timeframe issues but then poo poo like this is bad decisions, how can you actually be so out of touch with your player base when you've made a major point out of staying IN touch with it through betas and community, you know what, gently caress, this game sucks, i'm going to try this out just hoping it's not as bad as it seems but if this interview is correct then gently caress This Game

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Double Bill posted:

KOF14 has a huge amount of characters, making them in 3D is not cheap, making the trade-off between spending money on impressive graphics and spending money on a good game with lots of content isn't an easy choice but I would so much rather have this than less characters and better graphics. A pretty game is only pretty for a few years, a bad game is bad forever.

The only thing I can't stand with KOF14 is that ultra loli character in a fluffy childrens dress with electric attacks or whatever, I want to vomit, but then Iori unleashes his super move which causes his retina to rupture and turn his eyes red with blood i mean seriously you should get that poo poo checked man you're gonna lose an eye, and all is well again. Also a game with loli is a lot less embarrasing to play than a game with r mika so whatevs

Bisse fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 18, 2016

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

Lothire posted:

It's hard to say, because they took out like 80-90% of Ibuki's target combos as well as half of her special moves and her super jump. After seeing that, I can't see Urien and Juri keeping much of what made them interesting to people in the first place.

Even if they do turn out to be super interesting and satisfy the people who were / are waiting for them, it'll still be 2+ months minimum before they come out in the full game, most likely longer considering the disclaimer they gave in the blog post about additional delays. There still won't be anything in place to keep people playing the game for longer than a week or two after story mode comes out; there's just too much time in between each content drop with nothing beyond shoddy online matchmaking and broken player lobbies to fill that void.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Bisse posted:

KOF14 has a huge amount of characters, making them in 3D is not cheap, making the trade-off between spending money on impressive graphics and spending money on a good game with lots of content isn't an easy choice but I would so much rather have this than less characters and better graphics. A pretty game is only pretty for a few years, a bad game is bad forever.

The only thing I can't stand with KOF14 is that ultra loli character in a fluffy childrens dress with electric attacks or whatever, I want to vomit, but then Iori unleashes his super move which causes his retina to rupture and turn his eyes red with blood i mean seriously you should get that poo poo checked man you're gonna lose an eye, and all is well again. Also a game with loli is a lot less embarrasing to play than a game with r mika so whatevs

she's not ultra loli she's just kyary

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Crown Face posted:

It's hard to say, because they took out like 80-90% of Ibuki's target combos as well as half of her special moves and her super jump. After seeing that, I can't see Urien and Juri keeping much of what made them interesting to people in the first place.
The only thing interesting with Urien was having a practically unparryable unblockable. I don't think he'll get to keep that.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Bisse posted:

The only thing interesting with Urien was having a practically unparryable unblockable.

Good way to admit you don't know poo poo!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you guys realize that when the dlc characters are playable in story mode, unless its gated behind online, people can probably just hack the character select screen to point to those characters and people with the pc version will be able to practice them well before release for several months

does capcom not realize this

l m a o

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

anime was right posted:

you guys realize that when the dlc characters are playable in story mode, unless its gated behind online, people can probably just hack the character select screen to point to those characters and people with the pc version will be able to practice them well before release for several months

does capcom not realize this

l m a o

The best part is when this will work online and people will be playing them in ranked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bisse posted:

The only thing interesting with Urien was having a practically unparryable unblockable. I don't think he'll get to keep that.

um what

lol

what