Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

TinTower posted:

Ah yes, Assassins Creed, where even in the narrative the history of long dead people are embellished for the purposes of entertainment.

Or did I miss that part of Assassins Creed III where you had to find leaves to wipe Connor's rear end after the quick-time making GBS threads event?
One of the many awful things about AC3 was in fact that it was rather historical, and American history is painfully loving boring.

You are seriously going to have me ride a horse with some moron for half an hour as he ~warns people~? And witness some losers signing papers, while we watch the villains just walk around for no damp reason? Dump tea in the ocean, as an Indian, when the whole point was that there were in reality none?

They gave up setting it in South America for that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Yo, Madkal, you missed censoring a name on one of the lines. Just heads-up.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CallingYouARadical posted:

I'm the one with the red scribbles in the boxes.

I don't care that the source I'm using to prove my point is false.

Oh. My. loving. God.

:psyduck:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

DicktheCat posted:

Yo, Madkal, you missed censoring a name on one of the lines. Just heads-up.

Edited. Thanks

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

dijon du jour posted:

I'm just wracking my brain for what could be "technically, but not actually" cannibalism. All I can think of is eating someone else's fingernail clippings. :psyduck:

Drinking blood, maybe?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

I'm just wracking my brain for what could be "technically, but not actually" cannibalism. All I can think of is eating someone else's fingernail clippings. :psyduck:

EmmyOk posted:

When I was 19 I was eating a chicken strip and there was a crunchy looking protrusion and I thought "I'll be having that" and went right for it. It turned out to be harder than expected and I really had to grind it into dust with my molars. As it turns out my front tooth had snapped the second I bit into the chicken and I'd actually been grinding up my tooth not the chicken strip. I'd cracked that tooth three times before so I guess it was just weak.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I have never been more glad that this thread exists. I'm usually a lurker, but today all the folks I usually vent my futile fury over stupidity at are asleep or working, so here we go.

I try to see both sides of an issue so as not to be a straight up rear end in a top hat, but I have problems ignoring when someone's talking point is straight up false. So when that fact is pointed out to you, why the hell would you just go "well I don't care if it's true, I was just making a point." NO YOU ARE loving NOT. IF YOUR EXAMPLE WAS MADE UP YOU HAVE NO POINT.

I'm the one with the red scribbles in the boxes.

My only real interaction with "touching the poop" has been posting Snopes or news articles disproving whatever the Facebook friend is ranting about. Without fail they answer, "oh... well it doesn't matter if it's true or not, my point still stands!"

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BJPaskoff posted:

My only real interaction with "touching the poop" has been posting Snopes or news articles disproving whatever the Facebook friend is ranting about. Without fail they answer, "oh... well it doesn't matter if it's true or not, my point still stands!"

Mine have moved past even this point and just straight up delete my post. Belligerent ignorance at its finest.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EmmyOk posted:

When I was 19 I was eating a chicken strip and there was a crunchy looking protrusion and I thought "I'll be having that" and went right for it. It turned out to be harder than expected and I really had to grind it into dust with my molars. As it turns out my front tooth had snapped the second I bit into the chicken and I'd actually been grinding up my tooth not the chicken strip. I'd cracked that tooth three times before so I guess it was just weak.

:yikes:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BJPaskoff posted:

The only time I touched the poop is when someone posted that picture of the kid with a piece of ham on his face. They just went "oh LOL".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Jesus loving Christ, please tell me you can meet up with this guy irl and slap some sense into him. :sigh:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Guns don't kill people, but they can sure save people.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah? Well my uncle fell out of a gondola in Las Vegas and drowned. Should we ban gondolas? Or water? Or uncles?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yes please ban Uncles.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's 2016 and we are eating our own teeth.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Group chat of old car buddies from the early 00's. Let's jump in here and see what the ol' gang is up t.....

:stare:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ularg posted:

Yes please ban Uncles.

There are no bad uncles, just bad gondolas.

CallingYouARadical
Aug 6, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Jesus loving Christ, please tell me you can meet up with this guy irl and slap some sense into him. :sigh:

This is my brother's girlfriend. She's a sweet girl, but her highly paranoid friends and family have essentially brainwashed her into believing every bullshit thing out there. She believes in chemtrails, obviously that the government stages shootings, etc. I've been working on her about this one and I think we're almost there, but she's also highly suspicious of vaccines. I don't even know where to start with her. "Everything you think you know is wrong. ... You think that's air you're breathing?"

Ularg posted:

Guns don't kill people, but they can sure save people.

If I were a bigger rear end in a top hat, I'd LOVE to use this one. "Yeah, I set that gun on the table and watched it for hours on end, but, strangest thing, it didn't get up and save anyone."

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I don't even know where to start with her. "Everything you think you know is wrong. ... You think that's air you're breathing?"

Sounds like she needs to take a red pill!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Otisburg posted:

I gotta have the context on this one.

A picture of Donald Duck at Thanksgiving with a turkey on the table.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Group chat of old car buddies from the early 00's. Let's jump in here and see what the ol' gang is up t.....

Cough cough Saint Patricks Day cough cough

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

How fukkin' stupid do you have to be to not understand this after Orlando?

Straight white guys aren't getting murdered en masse for being straight white guys.

What's our parade of solidarity and defiance against? Not enough coverage of dressage on TV? Little Bryce not getting non-GMO organic snacks at Montesori?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Otisburg posted:

How fukkin' stupid do you have to be to not understand this after Orlando?

Straight white guys aren't getting murdered en masse for being straight white guys.

What's our parade of solidarity and defiance against? Not enough coverage of dressage on TV? Little Bryce not getting non-GMO organic snacks at Montesori?
A substantial portion of the US seems to act/think that the club being a gay club was at most a coincidence, if they're mentioning/thinking about the fact that the majority of the dead are were gay latinx people at all.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You know what? Let's have a white history month and a straight pride flag, on the condition that we can start discriminating and harassing straight and white people.

If I posted that to imgur there would be "But we're already discriminated because bla bla /r/MGTOW"

Now I'm sad again.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm the cash rapist.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Goddamnit they just changed the thread title

IOSM: stupid like a Fox, because get rid if guns turn citizens into slaves

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I hope those 300 people with guns are standing on the same side of the shooter. If they're all in a circle around him there's gonna be trouble

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Chomp8645 posted:

Sounds like she needs to take a red pill!

:thejoke:

HellCopter posted:

I hope those 300 people with guns are standing on the same side of the shooter. If they're all in a circle around him there's gonna be trouble

I believe it would be called "a good start".

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Otisburg posted:

I'm the cash rapist.

Don't remind me of those banned, super dark episodes of DuckTales.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

can we choose a state no one likes and make it the gun people state. Everyone gets a gun, no restrictions, it's quarantined from all the other states. Just sit back and see what happens.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Where can I donate money to provide some of the 1.8 million guns needed for this project and how do I send it to Nebraska

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Got this in my replies earlier. This requires a little (but only a little) knowledge of formal logic, though:

It's a mix of denying the antecedent and applying the law of contraposition on a false premise.

The dude went on to link me to Wikipedia articles about logic. I guess my undergraduate studies were useless, then.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

It's 2016 and we are eating our own teeth.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FlyinPingu posted:

can we choose a state no one likes and make it the gun people state. Everyone gets a gun, no restrictions, it's quarantined from all the other states. Just sit back and see what happens.

There's already a Texas. :smith:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I'd kind of like to know how a hypothetical situation with 500 armed people (one of them being a bad guy) in a crowded space would play out.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'd kind of like to know how a hypothetical situation with 500 armed people (one of them being a bad guy) in a crowded space would play out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr2GeWiDrdY

Imagine that with more people. And probably more death.

EDIT: Or that time (times?) that New York cops shot a bunch of bystanders while trying to shoot someone they were after. I don't think they ever even hit him.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Lemniscate Blue posted:

There's already a Texas. :smith:

Nothing specifically against you but why do people always trot out Texas as the bad state? I mean it does suck but I've lived in a lot of states in the south and Texas isn't even close to the worst.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jealousy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
In my case it's because I live here, and haven't lived in any of the places that might be worse.

Texas seems to take some kind of boisterous joy in being terrible, compared to other states that have the courtesy to be a little ashamed of it, or at least give the impression they're doing it out of stubbornness.

Lemniscate Blue has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Jun 18, 2016