Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

you can carry 3 Krinkovs at once. You should try it.

:allears:

I will be the most Russian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Grapplejack posted:

the worst part about death vox is that he constantly puts in poo poo to force the team to split up, even though cloakers exist specifically to punish this

Yes, because it's meant to be a high level difficulty and cloakers aren't hard to deal with. Splitting the team up to defend objectives isn't new- it's already in the game in a bunch of places.

Bort Bortles posted:

I've been reading the thread for like two weeks and already figured that out. I still havent figured out who (Discendo) Vox actually is, though :v:

I'm finale on steam.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Need a break from my Doomguy build, what are some good Akimbo weapons?

I really like the Compact-5s. They're great for putting a lot of lead downrange, are shockingly stable and do wonderful things with the Oppressor tree.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

These are actually some pretty cool ideas tbh, besides the snipers and gas.

Ah poo poo I just realized I was actually trying to come up with non-tedious additional challenges instead of emulating Vox.

Edit: VVV lol

Concordat fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 19, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Concordat posted:

Ah poo poo I just realized I was actually trying to come up with non-tedious additional challenges instead of emulating Vox.
You failed. Most of those have nothing to do with Overdrill- my post was just the Overdrill part of the writeup. These are generally bad and uninteresting changes to gameplay, unworthy of the Death Vox name.

quote:

-Overdrill cannot be triggered if the Inside Man opens the security gate. (unsure if this is the case normally?)
This is not normally the case. Few to no Overdrill teams try to stealth the first part anyways.

quote:

-Captain Winters spawns and holes up in the main lobby between ten and twenty minutes into the heist.
This isn't Overdrill-related. It's also already in my write-up, aside from having winters spawn when players reach the money.

quote:

-The Manager doesn't have a keycard, instead he needs to perform a palm scan which means carting his rear end to the server room.
This is highly dependent on RNG for its difficulty.

quote:

-If the manager dies, you have to wait two minutes for Bile to deliver a bonesaw to cut his hand off. OVE9000 may be used instead.
This is a two minute wait with no other tasks.

quote:

-Disabling the magnetic seal requires two hacks, one from the manager, one from the security office. These can be completed simultaneously.
This isn't overdrill-related. It's also already in my write-up.

quote:

--For extra fun, require players to push buttons in the manager's office and security room within ten or twenty seconds of each other, depending on the security office's location.
This is trivial in a group, and reliant on RNG when solo.

quote:

-Once the Overdrill is triggered by standing in the correct locations, a ceiling turret descends in the vault lobby area.
This could plausibly work, although it would be easy to kill.

quote:

-Cops can gas portions of the post-thermal drill area by placing tanks on vents throughout the front of the bank. These tanks can be removed by players, like in Boiling Point.
Players will ignore the gas unless it fully occupies the area.

quote:

-Cops blow open the ceiling of the vault area like on Hox Break 2, creating another spawn point and exposing the area to sniper fire.
There are already ceiling spawnpoints in the vault area. The vault area is inside the interior of the building, so there's really nowhere for the snipers to be. The ceiling is low enough that snipers would have no angle of fire.

quote:

-The overvault hallway with the tile puzzle is filled with gas by default. Successfully completing the puzzle shuts off the gas.
This does very little. players have no need to spend any length of time in the gas.

quote:

-Failing the puzzle fills the overvault hallway with fire in addition to the gas.
This does nothing, because the players just leave.

vvvv Hey, I'm not that good.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 19, 2016

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

jesus christ

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tempest_56 posted:

I really like the Compact-5s. They're great for putting a lot of lead downrange, are shockingly stable and do wonderful things with the Oppressor tree.

Yeah, Compact-5 akimbos are good too.

Pistol akimbo is frustrating with the rof change, but if you want to go that route the Bernettis are probably your best bet

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Delacroix posted:

All things fair, armour buffs can't compete with the health regen decks. Getting hostage taker or a teammate with gambler or first aid kits would do wonders for survivability, the foremost option has never been easier to pick up thanks to the new skill trees.

If I normally do Iron Man builds, and am considering getting the Sydney Pack (or maybe a different one) during the next sale, what's better: Muscle, Anarchist, or something else?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Yeah, Compact-5 akimbos are good too.

Pistol akimbo is frustrating with the rof change, but if you want to go that route the Bernettis are probably your best bet

It's a lame change but you want the skill that increases ROF anyway since it also gives your magazines extra bullets. Between the mag+ skill and trigger happy I feel like akimbo pistols are still in a good place.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Shame there are no other masks in the game that can compete with War Face.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

If I normally do Iron Man builds, and am considering getting the Sydney Pack (or maybe a different one) during the next sale, what's better: Muscle, Anarchist, or something else?

Muscle remains king of the hill for survival and effectiveness, especially for objective defense (the panic response interrupts enemies trying to, e.g., turn off power) and conservative play. Other perk decks, like Anarchist, can be much more fun, since they incentivize getting into the thick of things.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kikas posted:

Shame there are no other masks in the game that can compete with War Face.

Additionally, take notice of the balls having :3 and : D on them

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can Mega Kawaii do this?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Can Mega Kawaii do this?

It can do this

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

I just started running Anarchist with all of the Berserk skills and it's been pretty awesome. Since you don't give a gently caress about health anyway with Anarchist you don't really lose out on much and I find myself consistently surprised at how long I can stay in a fight. Not sure if DW viable, YMMV all that but it's a lot of fun.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Mega Kawaii, best mask or bestest mask?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I've updated the DLC effortpost for the Biker stuff. Is this an accurate very brief description for the new weapons?

CR 805B: high damage SMG.

Breaker: High damage shotgun with small ammo pool.

Throwing axe: like the javelin.

Chain Whip: Mediocre.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Basically. The CR 805B is arguably sightly better than the Krinkov even if you have the AK/CAR mod pack and the Breaker is the only shotgun in the Mosconi damage bracket that can fit a barrel extension, making it a nice buy for silenced shotgun enthusiasts.

I don't know if there's a succinct way to add that info in, but the short of it is that the guns in this DLC are really good.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Discendo Vox posted:

To me, the axe feels like middle ground between javelin and card.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Laputanmachine posted:

To me, the axe feels like middle ground between javelin and card.

It has the same stats as the javelin.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

I've updated the DLC effortpost for the Biker stuff. Is this an accurate very brief description for the new weapons?

Chain Whip: Mediocre.

The small ammo pool on the Breaker doesn't matter with Dragons Breath - one shot ignites the whole room, and then you just pick up a few ammo boxes

edit: The chain whip isn't mediocre if you like stupid weapons :colbert:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The chain whip really is a pain to use, but it's satisfying when there's not much else going out to smack a cop upside the head with it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I have the ultimate suggestion for Death Vox:

:v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I hope an actual leather whip will have less damage but faster attacks and longer reach as the chain should have longer reach than the spear AKA Freedom poker. Besides the speed, the biggest disappointment is how short its reach is.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Skunkrocker posted:

I have the ultimate suggestion for Death Vox:

:v:

people talk poo poo in this thread about skunkrocker but in the end, he's right.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

people talk poo poo in this thread about skunkrocker but in the end, he's right.
Death Vox Election Day:
Election Day 1
The Setting:
The neighboring freighter will spawn, as on Death Wish. When players get around it, they will discover that there are no trucks! Bain will decide to pull the information on where the polling machines are from onsite computers. There are two computers, one in each building. There will be no civilians on the map. An equivalent number of Black Ops guards will spawn instead, walking slightly different patrol points.
Stealth: In stealth, each hack will take about 120 seconds. Both hacks can be run simultaneously. Bain will mention that he is surprised by how smoothly things are going. Note, however, that things aren’t entirely safe-first, any guard that paths by will alert off of the hack while it is running. Second, during each hack, one black ops guard will receive an earpiece call (silent animation) and path to check on the computer running the hack. If the hack isn’t finished or paused, the guard will alert off of the computer.
Loud: Going loud triggers a substantial police response. Each hack will now take 400 seconds- if you finished a computer, it will be done, otherwise you will have to start over. Powerbox defense occurs as normal.
Special Spawns: A Turret van drives into the area where the trucks normally are and spawns a number of enemies. Winters is on the normal timer, and camps out at the corner behind the left building. Overwatch can occur.
Extra Loot: Loot will spawn in open containers randomly distributed across the map- these will include 6 Diamond map artifacts (medium bag weight) and 2 paintings.

Election Day 2 (warehouse)
The Setting:
This is the warehouse Bain traced the machines to, but something seems off- the gate is open, and a SWAT truck is parked in the middle of the yard. Getting inside will reveal other clues: all possible crate positions have spawned(no crowbar necessary) and there’s a Black Ops guard on the camera system. In truth, all of the crates will be empty- the warehouse is a trap set up by the g-man and the police. The actual polling machines are elsewhere.
Stealth: In stealth, the player will need to open all crates, as Bain gets increasingly freaked out. Bain will figure out that it’s a setup and have the player hack a computer to figure out what went on here and how the setup occurred. This computer will always spawn at the opposite end of the building from the camera controls. The hack takes 100 seconds, and will alert any guards that path by. The real danger happens when the heist (almost inevitably) goes loud.
Loud: When things go loud, the trap swings shut. Overwatch occurs immediately, and spawns detailed under Special Spawns occur. The escape van is destroyed by unseen enemy fire, respawning any secured bags next to it and zeroing out your prior secured bag loot on this day. Additionally, pathing into the area with the van will reveal that the truck contains an explosive surprise akin to day 2 of Goat Heist. Your first task, opening all the crates, remains the same. Afterward, a pair of hacks- one to wipe security footage, and one to figure out how this happened/where the machines are, will be required. Each takes 400 seconds, and they can be run simultaneously. The twist is that each computer has two powerboxes powering it, one outside and one just inside the building on its side.
Special Spawns: The other two turret trucks drive in immediately, and the one in the middle of the yard goes active, simultaneously disgorging a large number of enemies. Overwatch can occur, with sniper positions varying across the front of the map, and also spawning on the skylights in the warehouse in 2 positions. Winters will camp out by the dumpsters near the stealth spawn when the first hack is finished. Finally, additional C4 traps will be set on doors leading outside. Each door will be trapped no more than once.
Extra Loot: Due to the lack of polling machines and the trap in the truck, no gold is in the truck at the stealth escape location. Instead, 12 bags of cash spawn in cages, another 4 spawn tucked into corners around the main warehouse, and 4 weapon cases spawn in static positions on the lower side rooms of the warehouse.

Election Day 3 (bank)
The Setting:
The gman was not expecting the payday gang to get out of the warehouse alive, so they will be caught flatfooted on day 3. While police presence will ramp up, it will not be as bad as day 2.
The Heist:
1. Hacking: There will be two servers. Vlad’s hacking device will stall 1-3 times, random, on each. This is mostly to let police arrive and the assault to build.
2. C4: Gman will hack the elevators to stop Bain from sending bags containing the C4 and drill- it will keep stopping on every floor. Players will need to keep hitting the call button to get it going again. The first two elevators will be traps, containing a Cloaker and a Black Bulldozer, respectively.
3. Opening the bank: Blowing the C4 will reveal… rebar and steel girders. Bain’s understanding of the target building isn’t quite what it should have been. To actually get into the bank you will need to run a 240 second hack at the security room. This area is normally accessible from 2 possible routes in the area behind the elevators- both doors and routes spawn on DV, and cloaker vents are added to the hallway. Police can/will gas the room containing the server/cameras itself.
4. Drilling the vault: the vault door will spawn on the side facing the polling place. Police (with better explosives) will blow the wall you tried to open earlier shortly after the drill is started. Demo dozers can spawn to stop you, but it is otherwise unchanged.
5. Looting the vault: 12 bags of cash will spawn in the vault. The interior cage will be closed.
Special Spawns: A turret truck will spawn at each exit of the building. Winters will spawn at whichever location is not the escape point about 1 minute after the thermal drill arrives.
Extra Loot: The safety deposit boxes will contain an additional 3 bags of cash and 2 bags of gold. 2 additional ATMs will spawn out at each exit of the building, for the adventurous.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

skunk is good people

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Achievement Ideas:
Conservation of Historical Artifacts - In a loud Diamond Heist, don't break or damage any artifacts.
My Own Little Crew - Have four turrets and two Jokered cops active at once.
I Swear I Hear This Grinding Sound - Leave a drill broken for over two minutes.
Girl's Night - Complete a heist with a team of Sydney, Clover, Bonnie, and Jacket.
Death V6x - Drive the Bikes to the end of the heist without hitting anything in Biker Heist.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Magnetic North posted:

Muscle is straight up the most forgiving perk deck. Anarchist encourages you to be take a more active role like grinder however you're losing health if you don't manage incoming damage, after months of grinder and muscle being best in class it should really be better.

I prefer infiltrator for running and gunning in ICTV but maniac works well with builds that can grab hostage taker. Bloodthirst is especially great with LMGs or the flammenwerfer in conjunction with building up mania or CQC shooting.

The new biker deck is another spin on grinder and just as dependable in short bursts. Not only does it permit armour, your teammates can keep you alive while you fiddle with objectives or help people up. It was certainly entertaining watching my health and armour bar go haywire on drill duty during DW transport heists.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Anyone still using dodge build with Rogue? Still very much DW-viable with maximum dodge being 55 (+10 when sprinting) and the ability to output huge amounts of damage thanks to critical hits. People talk about dodge being nerfed, but the only thing i've seen that makes a difference - and not very much of one, at that - is the removal of additional dodge when crouching.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Grapplejack posted:

Achievement Ideas:
Conservation of Historical Artifacts - In a loud Diamond Heist, don't break or damage any artifacts.
Death V6x - Drive the Bikes to the end of the heist without hitting anything in Biker Heist.

They should actually be completable.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Why do all the vehicles handle like the forklift but with varying speeds anyway? Wasn't this game build on a racing game engine or something?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Had a ton of fun with goons last night, went from 9-100 and my first Infamy back up to 60! Would not have had enough offshore cash to Infamy without that hour-and-a-half meth binge.

I know they re-jiggered all the exp but I did notice the gap between Overkill and DW rewards didn't seem as big as the one between Very Hard and Overkill. Is it now the general case that Overkill is where most people spend their time and DW is mainly for bragging rights/achievements and if you want that little bit of extra exp/cash?

Game was a lot more fun than I remember it being, not sure if that's because of concrete changes or just because I've not played in so long everything just feels changed.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Overkill has pretty much always been the baseline difficulty for the average player, especially once they have their basic build and weapons sorted out. The above average players tend to stick to DW because Overkill is just too easy after a certain point.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I just watched The Last Heist, and while it was an awful movie I realised Henry Rollins would make a good heister. He's done heaps of voice work before, and definitely has a look that would go well with the game. He's about the right level of celebrity, as well, and he's up for pretty much anything in the way of work.

I'd like to see him complete with Black Flag tattoos, etc. Even better, I'd like him to play an ex punk band frontman turned writer, turned poet, turned stand up comedian, turned down-on-his-luck bank robber. He'd probably get a kick out of that, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'd buy Henry Rollins' communist punk singer heister, definitely.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 20, 2016

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

John Murdoch posted:

The above average players tend to stick to DW because Overkill is just too easy after a certain point.
I get that and a challenge is always cool with a good group, but I'm not gonna lie sometimes it's still just nice to roll in somewhere and win.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Well if Henry Rollins becomes a heister then it's clear how he needs to play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

That's shockingly good for a mask roulette.