Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Here is how you quickly kill malformation piety: you dont.

Pretty much this. I ended up using a spell totem + frost wall + faster casting so I didn't have to deal with aiming and recasting, but she's a shitshow regardless as KB/Obliterate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

Not what I have heard. Read that red maps are now the best option and yellow tier maps are garbage. Hence why hardcore took so long compared to standard.

"How i made lvl 100" by the 1st to lvl 100 in PHC:

Which is pretty clearly chaining canyon, gorge, plateau for as long as you can every day.

Hardcore also took longer this time around cause some pushers didnt give a rats rear end about prophecy, because the fastest way to level in prophecy is to completly ignore prophecy, and they didnt want to run a standard league.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 22, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
funny how a build changes perspective, I love fighting malformation boss, but I loving hate clearing it

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

You pay 2 bucks and get a currency stash tab. Don't be a cheap gently caress.

Unless they go straight from the ground to my stash that doesn't really address my issue of full inventory out in the field...

Also I got a couple +rarity/drop-rate areas from prophecy stuff apparently and pulled a gazillion rares so now I'm basically out of scrolls, is paying an orb or two for more scrolls worth the better return on IDed rares with vendors compared to non-IDed ones? Or should I just stash particularly interesting looking ones and give no fucks about ID for the rest until I find more scrolls?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Real Foogla posted:

funny how a build changes perspective, I love fighting malformation boss, but I loving hate clearing it

Well my RF marauder, much like my BladeVortexer last league, did her with one hand in my pants.
My KBer struggles to get the damage in on her, im playing against time until i misclick and the beam gets me, so i dont do her.
I clear every screen with a single doubleclick, but solo bosses *in free space* are a pain.

To avoid all this, go poisonquake duelist, kill everything all the time the same way.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I think starting with the 1week flashback, the xp gain nerf kicked in at 85, so you maybe really havent experienced it.
Also, chaining blue T9s is faster than running deadly T15s, xp-wise.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

"How i made lvl 100" by the 1st to lvl 100 in PHC:

Which is pretty clearly chaining canyon, gorge, plateau for as long as you can every day.

Hardcore also took longer this time around cause some pushers didnt give a rats rear end about prophecy, because the fastest way to level in prophecy is to completly ignore prophecy, and they didnt want to run a standard league.

Your screenshot doesn't refute my claim. Safe =! faster. The fact standard won means he was probably pushing red maps. Unlike hardcore hence faster. Zizran and Etup actually died in red maps iirc. And they were winning at the time.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

Your screenshot doesn't refute my claim. Safe =! faster. The fact standard won means he was probably pushing red maps. Unlike hardcore hence faster. Zizran and Etup actually died in red maps iirc. And they were winning at the time.

They were winning until they died, which is coincidentally why they didnt actually win.
The guy who chaine T8-10 did.

You can blaze through blue gorges blindfolded while drunk not giving a poo poo.
When pushing 100, you are basically immortal on those maps while content dies *WAY* faster than in reds.
Chances of you having to slow down for a second to avoid dying are practically zilch.

Standard won because they give even less of a poo poo and didnt spend as much time gearing up and most likely specced more into offense.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Insurrectionist posted:

Unless they go straight from the ground to my stash that doesn't really address my issue of full inventory out in the field...

Also I got a couple +rarity/drop-rate areas from prophecy stuff apparently and pulled a gazillion rares so now I'm basically out of scrolls, is paying an orb or two for more scrolls worth the better return on IDed rares with vendors compared to non-IDed ones? Or should I just stash particularly interesting looking ones and give no fucks about ID for the rest until I find more scrolls?

When you get to the point where rares rain on you only ID the base types you care about. You get more currency clearing than you do for vendoring at that rate. You can also focus on doing the rare set recipe for currency.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
Mark just confirmed on the mechanics thread that Scaeva crit being local is a bug and has already been internally fixed, and is ready for deployment in an upcoming patch. RIP Scaeva.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Voxx posted:

When you get to the point where rares rain on you only ID the base types you care about. You get more currency clearing than you do for vendoring at that rate. You can also focus on doing the rare set recipe for currency.

Thanks for the tip. I ended up getting a rain of scrolls about 10 - 15 minutes later too which mostly solved my problem.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Katasi posted:

Mark just confirmed on the mechanics thread that Scaeva crit being local is a bug and has already been internally fixed, and is ready for deployment in an upcoming patch. RIP Scaeva.
:rip:

Was considering a Scaeva Reaver, but so much for that.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Katasi posted:

motherFUCK rip several c worth of sceavas x(

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RE: Maps. Chaining T15's is faster than chaining yellow maps, but you have a much higher chance of ending up dead. The reason HC took so much longer than SC to hit 100 is because the usual suspects either died or quit, or both.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

gonadic io posted:

What juggernaut keeps the same set of charges up for more than a second anyway?

Everyone who isn't Discharge?

Insurrectionist posted:

How do you handle currencies and inventory space? Keep a stack of the basic stuff + their scraps and stash anything remotely rare to help free space I guess? It feels a bit unwieldy to have all this stuff taking up slots.

I carry nothing but wisdom/portal scrolls and silver coins, most of the time. I've been lazy and not rolling strongboxes at all. If I did, the most I would add is a few each of trans/alt/aug, so not much would be taken up. Everything else just goes in the stash when I hit town.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Any other obliterators, I need your advice. I can't work out how to kill Malformation Piety. I fire raw KBs at her, it does nothing. I stack some frost walls, and then I can't dodge her spinning laser. And ever since 2.3, her deployed ball lightnings drop my framerate to a crawl. Is this just a lost cause?

Keep a level 20 bladefall (you can get them cheap corrupted) and a remote mine, minefield, and trap and mine damage gems around in your inventory. Swap it in for KB/added chaos/Pierce/GMP, leaving in poison whenever you need to fight a tough boss. Stick down your mines, pop up a wither totem and most bosses will fall shortly.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1689256

There will be a race sometime during prophecy.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Insurrectionist posted:

How do you handle currencies and inventory space? Keep a stack of the basic stuff + their scraps and stash anything remotely rare to help free space I guess? It feels a bit unwieldy to have all this stuff taking up slots.

First of all, I stash everything that isn't portal and ID scrolls. You can buy stuff from vendors with the currency in stash instead of inventory. As for picking up a baillion rares...are you running an item filter?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm 85 now on my EQ barb and probably gonna roll up a new dude tonight since I'm off the next two days. What's a fun build that isn't expensive as poo poo, but doesnt need to be a completely budget build. I don't mind the play style, but if I was to lean one way I'd say ranged/ caster.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zotix posted:

I'm 85 now on my EQ barb and probably gonna roll up a new dude tonight since I'm off the next two days. What's a fun build that isn't expensive as poo poo, but doesnt need to be a completely budget build. I don't mind the play style, but if I was to lean one way I'd say ranged/ caster.

Lionsglare bow COC build. The only expensive part is the jewel for like 30c - 1ex.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1622354/page/1

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Thanks for the tip. I ended up getting a rain of scrolls about 10 - 15 minutes later too which mostly solved my problem.

You can buy like 160 wisdom scrolls for 1 chaos- that is way way way better than picking up scrolls individually.

I do some combination of that, plus vendoring transmute orbs for 4 scrolls each.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Valle posted:

First of all, I stash everything that isn't portal and ID scrolls. You can buy stuff from vendors with the currency in stash instead of inventory. As for picking up a baillion rares...are you running an item filter?

Yeah I picked up one, obviously I'm still low level and progressing though so I do grab every rare and even the occasional magic item. Regular/magic items without notable links are hidden by default.

I guess I'll just toss orbs and poo poo in stash from now on. Should free things up.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Lionsglare bow COC build. The only expensive part is the jewel for like 30c - 1ex.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1622354/page/1

You can run that without the jewel, too. You lose a little spell crit but you can just go grab king of the hill and the other bow crit wheel down in the lower right corner.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

ImsaKidd posted:

You can buy like 160 wisdom scrolls for 1 chaos- that is way way way better than picking up scrolls individually.

I'm dumb and/or lazy, but how would I make that conversion? Continuously trade down via vendors?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

RossCo posted:

I'm dumb and/or lazy, but how would I make that conversion? Continuously trade down via vendors?

Trade for them

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

RossCo posted:

http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Prophecy&online=x&want=17&have=4

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

theshim posted:

:rip:

Was considering a Scaeva Reaver, but so much for that.

I don't think he confirmed that Scaeva's crit being local is a bug, so much as he said that it's applying multiplicatively instead of additively.
Seems like it's currently working out to 5% base crit -> 25% Increased Critical Strike Chance Mod -> 6.25% base crit -> 80% Increased Critical Strike Chance in Main Hand Mod -> 11.25% base crit
When it should be...
5% base crit -> 25% Increased Critical Strike Chance Mod + 80% Increased Critical Strike Chance in Main Hand Mod -> 10.25% base crit

Edit: I was wondering why I was already crit capped despite not wearing my crit jewelry yet.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
I finally ran into Abaxoth in a Necropolis Beyond map. How exactly are you supposed to kill this guy? The flameblasts start showing up when you're two full screens away and there's no way to stay anywhere near him to DPS without getting hit. I tried using 5x Sulphur Flask and got up to about 2000 ES/second regen but that barely handles the flameblast damage and then he starts teleporting on top of you and hitting for huge amounts in melee that I can't see any way to dodge either.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

You can run that without the jewel, too. You lose a little spell crit but you can just go grab king of the hill and the other bow crit wheel down in the lower right corner.

You can but it's not ideal and you should focus on getting the jewel because those crit nodes don't buff all the skills you're using like the jewel. And the knock back from critting is super good.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Tykero posted:

I don't think he confirmed that Scaeva's crit being local is a bug, so much as he said that it's applying multiplicatively instead of additively.
Seems like it's currently working out to 5% base crit -> 25% Increased Critical Strike Chance Mod -> 6.25% base crit -> 80% Increased Critical Strike Chance in Main Hand Mod -> 11.25% base crit
When it should be...
5% base crit -> 25% Increased Critical Strike Chance Mod + 80% Increased Critical Strike Chance in Main Hand Mod -> 10.25% base crit

I can see why you would take it that way (and the math you gave for the first part is absolutely accurate for how it's working right now), but he was answering a question in reference to a previous statement that he made saying that all conditional modifiers (things that only apply in certain situations, like only when in main hand) should apply globally and not locally, which is why I took the statement to mean that the crit will not apply locally. In fact, I think according to his previous statement, it would be impossible to apply locally, but I just tested, and the current incarnation of scaeva does not apply the multiplier globally, so you might be right.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

You can but it's not ideal and you should focus on getting the jewel because those crit nodes don't buff all the skills you're using like the jewel. And the knock back from critting is super good.

King of the hill is also knockback on crit. It's a better play on quill builds since you pick up like 80 dex on the way but the crit rate difference isn't as much as you'd think, especially since you need to have regular non-crits to maintain power charges as an assassin.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Xequecal posted:

I finally ran into Abaxoth in a Necropolis Beyond map. How exactly are you supposed to kill this guy? The flameblasts start showing up when you're two full screens away and there's no way to stay anywhere near him to DPS without getting hit. I tried using 5x Sulphur Flask and got up to about 2000 ES/second regen but that barely handles the flameblast damage and then he starts teleporting on top of you and hitting for huge amounts in melee that I can't see any way to dodge either.

He's pretty tough but there are a few seconds before the flameblasts detonate that you can get a few hits in, then use your movement skill to get out of them. It'll take a couple of minutes of running and gunning to whittle him down, hope you have decent life recovery/regen, it's also worth carrying topaz and ruby flasks for this fight.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdLVIJziEFw
This guy knows what's up and how to not get damaged too much by Abaxoth.

Budgie fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 22, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Budgie posted:

He's pretty tough but there are a few seconds before the flameblasts detonate that you can get a few hits in, then use your movement skill to get out of them. It'll take a couple of minutes of running and gunning to whittle him down, hope you have decent life recovery/regen, it's also worth carrying topaz and ruby flasks for this fight.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdLVIJziEFw
This guy knows what's up and how to not get damaged too much by Abaxoth.

It looks like it's a lot easier on an outdoor map, in Necropolis it's hard to kite like that without eventually running into a dead end.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Katasi posted:

I can see why you would take it that way (and the math you gave for the first part is absolutely accurate for how it's working right now), but he was answering a question in reference to a previous statement that he made saying that all conditional modifiers (things that only apply in certain situations, like only when in main hand) should apply globally and not locally, which is why I took the statement to mean that the crit will not apply locally. In fact, I think according to his previous statement, it would be impossible to apply locally, but I just tested, and the current incarnation of scaeva does not apply the multiplier globally, so you might be right.

I think it's important to note that Scaeva's mods aren't "conditional" in PoE's usual sense -- that is, it's not something that has to be checked constantly externally from the item itself. The conditional modifier they mentioned -- Daresso's Passion's "60 to 80% Increased Damage while you have no Frenzy Charges" -- is "conditional" because Frenzy Charges are not a property of the weapon itself, and therefore the mod must be global in their current scheme.

The hand a weapon is wielded in is a local property referring to the weapon and does not require a constant check external to the weapon, therefore the mod can be (and in fact is, currently) local.

I expect the only change we'll see is a correction to the calculation of the weapon's base crit. As it stands this will take me from ~101% crit chance to 93.5% crit chance, so I'll still be overcapped with Assassin's Mark active.

Tykero fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 22, 2016

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Wow. I was underestimating what people will do for a chaos orb!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

RossCo posted:

Wow. I was underestimating what people will do for a chaos orb!

If you're speed clearing maps and IDing a lot of potentially good rares and good crafting bases, it's a lot easier to just spend one chaos on several hours' worth of scrolls than picking them up yourself.

edit: I'm dumb and misunderstood what you meant.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Xequecal posted:

i got him randomly last league on my flame totem guy and he was actually really easy with that because i was able to just keep dropping totems and running circles around him. took a little while since my totems kept getting killed but he didnt kill me in my tshirt

it was an outdoor map with lots of space to run though

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
just for the record, and it does sound like a broken record: jebquake just stands and hammers him while tanking everything he throws your way

another thing I just found out: excavations are super cheap, because pubbies hate the p-linked bosses (you can guess what jebquake does)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
TBF, gently caress P-Link

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Katasi posted:

Except that isn't what he said before, the user asking the question was wrong.

He said that conditional effects that rely on external factors are global.

Which hand a weapon is in is not external to that weapon.

Tykero posted:

I think it's important to note that Scaeva's mods aren't "conditional" in PoE's usual sense -- that is, it's not something that has to be checked constantly externally from the item itself. The conditional modifier they mentioned -- Daresso's Passion's "60 to 80% Increased Damage while you have no Frenzy Charges" -- is "conditional" because Frenzy Charges are not a property of the weapon itself, and therefore the mod must be global in their current scheme.

The hand a weapon is wielded in is a local property referring to the weapon and does not require a constant check external to the weapon, therefore the mod can be (and in fact is, currently) local.

I expect the only change we'll see is a correction to the calculation of the weapon's base crit. As it stands this will take me from ~101% crit chance to 93.5% crit chance, so I'll still be overcapped with Assassin's Mark active.

This is an accurate assessment, IMO.

e: another example: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dyadus

The added elemental damage is local; if it were global, you could equip two of those and get 2x the damage on both axes, but instead you just get one damage type in the main hand, and one damage type in the offhand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

whypick1 posted:

TBF, gently caress P-Link

truth

• Locked thread