Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Clocks posted:

Guild drama :allears:

Nah, nothing interesting. People were getting better at node wars and figuring things out, and people agreed on a plan to move forward when node wars come back. Morale was probably at the highest since joining and people were generally content.

Then apparently in the morning, some of the older officers came by to talk to Cynical gleader and convinced him to ditch and join one of the sperg top guilds and he decided to kick everyone so he can get the 15mil daily pay-out to himself before joining most likely Black. He just needed an excuse as to why they were disbanding that deflected blame off him so he blames Xzo and Bo lol.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Yeah, it wasn't really drama. We were doing better and everything had been on an upswing. The cynical member's perception of our abilities was slowly coming into line with our actual capabilities. We were making plans to hit tier 2 nodes in the future, in addition to looking at an alliance that would let us have fun in tier 3 fights and castle wars (the results of talking to them, including Garken, about various things). Despite cynical members thinking the best idea would be to backstab the other member of their very first deal.

Then Garken disbanded the guild out of nowhere.

Only Slightly Bent fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 25, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Well, I still consider it drama when a guild basically disbands out of nowhere (even if it's just because of a crazy GM or something). Frankly I was surprised to hear the news since thurs node wars didn't seem that bad so it seemed like a total overreaction to disband afterwards. Luciform was pretty happy at the idea of another ally and would've stuck it out with Cynical but it is what it is.

I wouldn't want to be a GM either but I think kicking the entire guild because you want to leave (and maybe get some extra cash) is pretty petty if that's actually what happened. Oh well.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Thurs was actually a really good event for us. We just completely rolled right over disposible heroes, and people didn't have some sort of delusion that'd we beat luciform 1v1 (except the people that wanted to backstab luciform when you were fighting night-whoever). Afterwards when we were talking people seemed in good spirits and Garken had been talking about aiming at tier 2 nodes when node wars come back.

That's why it was slightly unexpected when everyone got kicked the next day. The shallow excuses that were made has me convinced Garken just up and decided to collect the rest of the tier 3 node payments for himself, and then to join an elite pee vee pee guild. Maybe the fine, upstanding gentlemen at <Flex> that were bragging to us about how they made people call off work for node wars.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Xzov posted:

Despite cynical members thinking the best idea would be to backstab the other member of their very first deal.

The potential to backstab us certainly existed for future engagements where we might have relied on assistance, but for them to think that there was any potential to double-cross us in the Thursday node just makes me scratch my head. Like what did they think was going to happen, and what did they think the payoff was going to be?

I was really looking forward to being allied with the goons and working together in sieges :(

If I can offer any help in your search for a new landing spot let me know. I can probably get info on anywhere you might be interested in.

Also for anyone still interested in tempjoining for the siege tonight, hit me up. I'll figure out how many spots we have and can invite once the timers are up.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Agreeable Badger posted:

Also for anyone still interested in tempjoining for the siege tonight, hit me up. I'll figure out how many spots we have and can invite once the timers are up.

I can't find your channel, so I joined your TS as "Goblin I can't find you".

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I have an itch for a new MMO, does anyone have a guest pass so I could give this a shot?

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Clocks posted:

Well, I still consider it drama when a guild basically disbands out of nowhere (even if it's just because of a crazy GM or something). Frankly I was surprised to hear the news since thurs node wars didn't seem that bad so it seemed like a total overreaction to disband afterwards. Luciform was pretty happy at the idea of another ally and would've stuck it out with Cynical but it is what it is.

I wouldn't want to be a GM either but I think kicking the entire guild because you want to leave (and maybe get some extra cash) is pretty petty if that's actually what happened. Oh well.

I was the only goon officer, and our guild meetings would consist of me telling them to NOT backstab luciform, and mentioning that you would actually be good allies.

They wanted to ally flex, but flex wouldnt do poo poo for Cynical, we would just be a bootlicker guild at best. With how hated luciform is(still dont know why), I figured we would actually work together. Not to mention that the node wars we took part in with you was fun. The other officers were convinced we could take Luciform if we just back stabbed them, and I tried to explain that with our 22 people, we didnt stand a chance and it'd be better to just work with you.

In the end they mostly ended up in Black and Flex, and I see a few old cynical people in Luciform. I think Luciform dodged a bullet with Cynical disbanding tbh, because the other officers probably would've vetoed me and pushed for backstabbing luciform to suck off flex or black.

Also I'm pretty much convinced that it was just a knee jerk reaction to getting an offer from his old friends in Black, seeing the money, and not giving a poo poo. The majority of officers had no idea that a guild disband was even on the table.

On a side note, I'm actually upset how much i learned about the server politics in two days as officer, life was so much easier when I didnt even know other guilds existed other than to war.

Placebo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 26, 2016

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
Black and Flex fight in Seren 1 is getting good if anyone wants to go watch it.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Agreeable Badger posted:

Black and Flex fight in Seren 1 is getting good if anyone wants to go watch it.

RIP Flex.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Xzov posted:

So, ex-goontang that joined cynical. We seem to have chosen poorly, because cynical just disbanded.

That's why you're not in a guild now.

hahaha

wtf?

Did the officers of Cynical join that other guild that smashed us?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All these failed guilds. Hmm, trying to think what the common factor was.

Nah, I can't think of anything.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Best part about the whole Garken steals gfund thing is; he hosed up and kicked too many people and now he cant collect it lmao.

Now he is trying to pretend it was some devious quarter master that mysteriously kicked out officers and not him, the guild leader, because turns out other guilds don't want someone unstable enough to disband a functioning guild out of the blue.

A true mystery only Mulder and Sculley can solve.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Wassbix posted:

Best part about the whole Garken steals gfund thing is; he hosed up and kicked too many people and now he cant collect it lmao.

Now he is trying to pretend it was some devious quarter master that mysteriously kicked out officers and not him, the guild leader, because turns out other guilds don't want someone unstable enough to disband a functioning guild out of the blue.

A true mystery only Mulder and Sculley can solve.

I heard from a reliable source that there's a bug allowing quartermasters to kick officers.

And by reliable source, I mean I made it up.

Or did I?

The truth is out there!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Surprised no one is posting about "Black Desert mobile"
http://mmoculture.com/2016/06/black-desert-developer-confirms-mobile-version-is-in-the-works/

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

As all the other goon guilds have folded or have maybe 1 person left and Goontang has ~3 regular members remaining I'm not surprised at all.

Skeleton crew represent!

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Man, the last few level of Proffesional processing are a bit of a slog. Is processing the fabrics still the best way or is there something else I should be doing?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Valencia 1 release tomorrow!

Also, to all the Cynical refugees, Placebo has spoken with Trucidation and they are letting goons in. Mostly everyone moved there but I think few people were eyeing luciform as well.

Trucidation seems pretty relaxed and their only requirement was "show up for node wars, if you are online" they don't care if you do your own thing most of the time.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Wow with the node wars bugs I thought for sure they'd delay valencia again. Nice.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, I assumed they'd delay Valencia as well. Doesn't help that I think one of the CMs said just yesterday that they had no confirmation of whether Valencia was coming. Which, either PA did not let Daum know that they were planning on the Valencia patch tomorrow, or Daum didn't let their CMs know that a huge patch was coming up within the next couple of days. (Or they were instructed to not confirm it even though it was like 48h away.) Either way I think it's a bad look for these two companies.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
In a surprising turn of events, Daum and P.A. failed to communicate well. Witnesses stated that they were shocked, and that this was unprecedented.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Game server is back up but the forums are still down. :v:

Let me gaze into my crystal ball for patch notes:

"We changed some things but won't be specific about what"
[Insert cash shop update here]

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DancingShade posted:

Game server is back up but the forums are still down. :v:

Let me gaze into my crystal ball for patch notes:

"We changed some things but won't be specific about what"
[Insert cash shop update here]

They added Valencia and the desert.

I-H
Dec 24, 2009
I am not comfortable with the new cats:
https://fat.gfycat.com/TiredSmoggyAsiaticwildass.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5syO1-_e8&t=23s

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Who do we talk to to join the new guild?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Black Desert Online: Desert Now Implemented

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Is there any confirmed information about what affects a workers chance to be promoted?

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Asciana posted:

Is there any confirmed information about what affects a workers chance to be promoted?

Did you say your hail mary x 20 to rngesus?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
I did, and then realised that blowing all my alts energy on rerolling workers is a much better option. If I am doing absolutely no trading at all and never intend to, is there much point in having all my nodes connected to each other and just have them connected to the main cities instead?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Asciana posted:

I did, and then realised that blowing all my alts energy on rerolling workers is a much better option. If I am doing absolutely no trading at all and never intend to, is there much point in having all my nodes connected to each other and just have them connected to the main cities instead?

If you want to use the npc transport option to move items between cities, it costs triple if they aren't connected. If you rarely use this then you can just eat the extra fee when you need to. You can also use the transport button on the character select screen to move your alt to a city, I think it needs to be connected to do this as well.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
From what I've been reading the gear gap in PVP is now as astronomical as we expected.

If a person doesn't have enough upgrade whatsits saved up to get to +17 or +18 they get instantly exploded by people who did with their openers, so if you're just starting out then you're basically hosed and should just give up on the gear grind unless you want to hardcore grind for a few months.

Well it was fun while it lasted folks. Oh who am I even talking to? Most goons already quit long before this.

So what's the next MMO we jump on for a month or two before quitting en masse?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

B..b.bbut the differences were so small in paper and diminishing gains and and and

I guess the next pvp mmo to jump in is going to be crowfall.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

DancingShade posted:

From what I've been reading the gear gap in PVP is now as astronomical as we expected.

If a person doesn't have enough upgrade whatsits saved up to get to +17 or +18 they get instantly exploded by people who did with their openers, so if you're just starting out then you're basically hosed and should just give up on the gear grind unless you want to hardcore grind for a few months.

Well it was fun while it lasted folks. Oh who am I even talking to? Most goons already quit long before this.

So what's the next MMO we jump on for a month or two before quitting en masse?

Speak for yourself, I usually last only about a week before something shinier distracts my attention. :smuggo:

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
Getting duo everything isn't that hard, and even for people who didn't prepare much, it won't take them that long to achieve that goal. Tri's are hard but feasible, and the amount of people with even 2+ tri is pretty small. There's a gear disparity jump this patch for sure, but it's not insurmountable.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, right now everyone is at different stages of gearing again but it will plateau over time. Getting all duo shouldn't be too difficult (I don't have that yet myself lol) and tri is harder but can be accomplished with time, effort, and enough money. Tet/pen is for truly hardcore players I think; anyone who has tet now is either supremely lucky or supremely wealthy or both.

Also, if you're not super hardcore - whether in terms of gear, hours, mindset, whatever - then don't assume you'll be up against super geared people all the time. Most people are not that geared. There are plenty of nodes that people can contest even in not super big or super geared guilds.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
I think I duo'ed all my equipment without any fails. It was super easy, only took 2 weapon stones and 8 armor stones.

I just didn't realize when you fail to TRI you go back to PRI... I was trying to TRI my stuff and I never realized my poo poo went back to PRI when I failed, and it ate my 40+ failstacks like 3 times before I realized wtf was going on and wasted my stacks.

Patch hasnt even been out for more than 24 hours and people are expecting to have all TETS. The equipment that will get right now will hold you over for the next couple of months so whats the loving hurry.

But yeah I'm avoiding PVP for the time being.

I havent touched my offhand yet, I guess that will be my next project

ioneye fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 30, 2016

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I've apparently been wasting my energy by cooking instead of gathering.

Burned all 5 weapon stones I was able to make from the shards randomly obtained from farming, at 30 stacks, without getting PRI on my Liverto. At the same time I noticed a clan member roll a TRI on their longbow.

loving layered RNG, it's cancerous.

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal

sushibandit posted:

Burned all 5 weapon stones I was able to make from the shards randomly obtained from farming, at 30 stacks, without getting PRI on my Liverto. At the same time I noticed a clan member roll a TRI on their longbow.

Korean games are universally terrible.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

sushibandit posted:

How high did you get your cooking, because starting at Skilled 10, there's quests to give you some more hard/sharp shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

ioneye posted:

I think I duo'ed all my equipment without any fails. It was super easy, only took 2 weapon stones and 8 armor stones.

You got massively, MASSIVELY lucky. Took me all 21 stones I had to TRI my mainhand (6->PRI, 10->DUO, 5->TRI) and the rest of my gear was just as reluctant to upgrade.

A couple guildies had even worse luck...