Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

eeenmachine posted:

They are only additive, if you rebuild to 50 10 times you would have 10 tickets by the end.

Oh my god I just learned that Tiny Tower is back thank you so much ; ; A few minutes into this and I'm loving the new features and remastering (and that it works without the slow-rear end mobage servers)!

Is there a way to get any purchases back from the Mobage days? No big deal if there's not but I figured I'd ask :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Boten Anna posted:

Oh my god I just learned that Tiny Tower is back thank you so much ; ; A few minutes into this and I'm loving the new features and remastering (and that it works without the slow-rear end mobage servers)!

Is there a way to get any purchases back from the Mobage days? No big deal if there's not but I figured I'd ask :)

Unfortunately we have no record or access to their data. Post your friend code and I can figure something out though!

Boten Anna posted:

Unfortunately not :arghfist: but post your friend code and I can send you something.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Is the Tiny Tower goon list still floating around? I should go through and clear out some of the 30D+ people from my list

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Oryp posted:

Any of these particularly good? At a glance I was thinking about Ticket to Ride, Talisman, and Elder Signs, and/or Please, Don't Touch This.
Crowntakers is a blast. I can't figure out for the life of me how to use runes though.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011

coyo7e posted:

Crowntakers is a blast. I can't figure out for the life of me how to use runes though.

Upgrade your equipment at a blacksmith, drag and drop runes from inventory. Weapon/Armor start with 0 slots and get 1 and 2 with the next upgrades, I haven't gotten further than that. Rings have 1 slot from the beginning.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

eeenmachine posted:

Unfortunately we have no record or access to their data. Post your friend code and I can figure something out though!

Unfortunately not :arghfist: but post your friend code and I can send you something.
Doublequoted, I can tell what sort of day at work you're having :ohdear:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

eeenmachine posted:

OOh thank you, it's 11MVH :)

I'm working on getting my friends playing, I know quite a few people who loved it and I've already had a few people excited that it's back!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

eeenmachine posted:

There are some complaints about data usage on Reddit you guys might want to respond to. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/comments/4qbsrf/tiny_tower_network_usage_wtf/

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

eeenmachine posted:

I got the thing, you are the best :)

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sky Force Reloaded goons, sorry about the spreadsheet gently caress up, I thought you could add people through Play Games these days since it has a "suggested" tab showing people but apparently that entire screen is literally pointless (why would you suggest that I look at people and not let me play with them :bang:). You still have to use G+ to add people. If you care about it spamming up your G+ feed just make a new circle and dump all the goons there and then disable it from showing in your main stream.

Please go to the spreadsheet and add your G+ profile link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cXbuKyiybt06FlR3y8xWO5hKGBIrXAlYdg8HsGm9C6g/edit?usp=sharing

And make sure you are logged in to Play Games within the game itself, otherwise you won't show up!

I'm currently back down to one person again (for some reason Trastion disappeared from my high score table in game) and I'd like to play the tournaments.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 29, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Critically acclaimed FMV game Her Story is now out for Android. I believe it is also on sale.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rapner posted:

There are some complaints about data usage on Reddit you guys might want to respond to. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/comments/4qbsrf/tiny_tower_network_usage_wtf/
Yeah, it pulls down a ton even without pressing the video button, so I don't check it on my phone anymore and just leave it on the tablet :(

Something like 15 MB every time I launch it before I even do anything, which is not unreasonable on the surface but adds up fast with dumb cell data caps (lol 2gb)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Squeenix's made for mobile JRPG Final Fantasy Brave Exvius should be out for players worldwide right now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mrkillboy posted:

Squeenix's made for mobile JRPG Final Fantasy Brave Exvius should be out for players worldwide right now.

Thanks for the heads up!

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Rapner posted:

They came to the right conclusions on their own but added my own comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/comments/4qbsrf/comment/d4siiw1

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

eeenmachine posted:

They came to the right conclusions on their own but added my own comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/comments/4qbsrf/comment/d4siiw1
The only problem with disabling the Bux offers is then when I get home and play on my tablet I gotta remember to put em back on

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

CrashCat posted:

The only problem with disabling the Bux offers is then when I get home and play on my tablet I gotta remember to put em back on

Yeah, I'm struggling to think of a more elegant solution? Aside from paying to remove ads I mean.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

eeenmachine posted:

Yeah, I'm struggling to think of a more elegant solution? Aside from paying to remove ads I mean.

Make an option to check for wifi before kicking off the download? Disable video downloads if not on wifi?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

rotaryfun posted:

Make an option to check for wifi before kicking off the download? Disable video downloads if not on wifi?

Unfortunately most ad networks don't give you that kind of granularity as to when to stop and start caching. Also the check of internet source at startup is the only time the ad networks are initialized. If you launched the game on wifi and then left the ad networks are going. If you launched the game on cell then came home the ad-networks would be un-initialized. I'm sure it is possible you could hack something together where you constantly check network type to START an ad network but they don't give you a way to turn them off once they are started. All the added complexity would almost certainly introduce bugs that would either falsely disable ads for people who wanted them or lead to crashes within the ad SDKs themselves. And even if you did pull that all off you would have to hide the entire thing in a checkbox in the game options which the majority of players would probably never know existed. If you were dealing with a single Ad provider the problem might be surmountable but unfortunately in the current mobile climate most developers have to mediate up to a half dozen different ad networks to make enough money since nobody wants to pay money for or in games anymore. This means 5 or 6 different Ad SDKs all with different features and interfaces. Now some, maybe 1/3 - 1/2 of networks do have a setting to disable ads when on cell data but it is configured server side not client side meaning you *could* get 1/3 to 1/2 of the ads not to show up on cell data but others would take their place. Also there are players that don't need to meter their cell data or don't play that much on cell and would still like the option to view ads at the bus stop each morning.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's all fascinating, but why not just make the ad option local instead of synced like the rest

I mean it wouldn't help other people who are playing in two places on one device, but it would solve my dumb problem at least

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Yeah that sucks. I've never messed with ad networks before so I'm ignorant to all that. Good luck with all that.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

CrashCat posted:

That's all fascinating, but why not just make the ad option local instead of synced like the rest

I mean it wouldn't help other people who are playing in two places on one device, but it would solve my dumb problem at least

Yeah, it would definitely help people who play across two devices where one is only used on cellular and the other only on wifi. But I'm not sure un-syncing that option for the other 99.5% of players would be smart.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

eeenmachine posted:

Yeah, it would definitely help people who play across two devices where one is only used on cellular and the other only on wifi. But I'm not sure un-syncing that option for the other 99.5% of players would be smart.
I understand that as a general design philosophy but I don't comprehend applying it here. What is the case in which you would want to remotely turn on or off the ads for another device at a different location? Wouldn't the person who is using each device always be the one who knows whether it's a good idea to use up data where they're standing? I don't understand the benefit of syncing that option.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Tunga posted:

Sky Force Reloaded goons, sorry about the spreadsheet gently caress up, I thought you could add people through Play Games these days since it has a "suggested" tab showing people but apparently that entire screen is literally pointless (why would you suggest that I look at people and not let me play with them :bang:). You still have to use G+ to add people. If you care about it spamming up your G+ feed just make a new circle and dump all the goons there and then disable it from showing in your main stream.

Please go to the spreadsheet and add your G+ profile link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cXbuKyiybt06FlR3y8xWO5hKGBIrXAlYdg8HsGm9C6g/edit?usp=sharing

And make sure you are logged in to Play Games within the game itself, otherwise you won't show up!

I'm currently back down to one person again (for some reason Trastion disappeared from my high score table in game) and I'd like to play the tournaments.

I added my link (i think its right) to the spreadsheet.

Also I still see you listed on my friends board but I think something is messed up with it as I am now down to 4 friends and I was at 5 last time I looked. Not sure who is missing that was there before though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Goon Thread.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

CrashCat posted:

I understand that as a general design philosophy but I don't comprehend applying it here. What is the case in which you would want to remotely turn on or off the ads for another device at a different location? Wouldn't the person who is using each device always be the one who knows whether it's a good idea to use up data where they're standing? I don't understand the benefit of syncing that option.

The syncing is used much more often when restoring an existing game on a new device than people playing across multiple devices at the same time. If we had every option restored the way it was on your old device when you load your game on a new device except for the Ads, people would be upset that they disabled ads and they started showing up again.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

eeenmachine posted:

The syncing is used much more often when restoring an existing game on a new device than people playing across multiple devices at the same time. If we had every option restored the way it was on your old device when you load your game on a new device except for the Ads, people would be upset that they disabled ads and they started showing up again.
Ah yeah, that makes a lot more sense actually. Thanks for taking the time to explain it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I was skeptical about the Google Opinion Rewards but getting a quarter for confirming I had a good time at a restaraunt is awesome.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Agoat posted:

I was skeptical about the Google Opinion Rewards but getting a quarter for confirming I had a good time at a restaraunt is awesome.

Yeah, it's like one of those things that sounds too good to be true.

Anywhere else, surveys are long annoying shits that aren't worth the time.

Google surveys are rad.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of Neo Geo golf game Neo Turf Masters is out on the Play Store.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Yeah, it's like one of those things that sounds too good to be true.

Anywhere else, surveys are long annoying shits that aren't worth the time.

Google surveys are rad.

I usually expect at most a nickel from these things but getting $0.45 for two questions is killer.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Someone mentioned it earlier when I asked about Diablolike games but Titan quest is launching on Android July 7th. Costs 7.99 on ios so I'm assuming it will be the same for Android.

Just mentioning it here in case anyone else is saving up their survey dollars for it like I am

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So I picked up Crowntakers after seeing it was on sale for like 99 cents and figured I'd do a little writeup on it. Side note: it's also available on Steam, and has a pretty good guide there if you need tips or to figure out if a mushroom is worth eating.

Basically it's another mashup of roguelike tropes which have become popularized in the last few years, and it shares the strongest similarities probably with FTL and Darkest Dungeon. Combat is on a hex-based map and all characters get two action points per turn (every kill blow gives a bonus AP). There are a half-dozen or so stages and each has themed enemies you can prepare for (barbarians for instance have really high armor and regenerate both it and their health, so a badly balanced or geared team may struggle) yourself for after you know what to expect.

There's a nice selection of recruits (you can hire a recruit at the inn in the first room of each new stage,) including a boomerang thrower who can hit every enemy on a map in one attack if you set it up right, a bomb thrower who's kinda hard to use, a paladin that can pull enemies to him, a thief that can turn invis, maybe 12 in total? Each has 3 different sets of abilities although you start with just 1 and unlock the other two.

The DLC is an extra/alternate map which goes through an undead area and adds a vampire mercenary to the recruitables.. There are some bugs with the DLC though - it adds a "necropolis merchant" to every inn, except the merchant never has anything to sell.. Also the Inn in the necropolis stage doesn't have a "hire mercenary" option for some reason, so if you go through there after the first time when you unlock the vampire lady, you're kind of handicapping yourself slightly because you'll be 1 toon short for a little while (there are more stages than recruitable slots though, so you can dismiss and add new guys).

Combat's not incredibly hard and it's not too difficult to go through a lot of large battle and take hardly a scratch, which is good because ultimately it's a resource management game and you will probably run out of healing items and stuff rapidly.

Easy mode has persistent character leveling, Normal mode starts everyone at 1 every time. Easy mode is laughably easy once you've got one or two guys to level 10, but it's a lot nicer to gun for some of the mercenary unlock missions in easy mode where you can afford to make a gimmick build just to reach the "get to 50% dodge on this mercenary" req or whatever.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 30, 2016

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

mrkillboy posted:

Critically acclaimed FMV game Her Story is now out for Android. I believe it is also on sale.

I'd like to vouch for this one. Bring a physical notepad. I spent two good evenings unraveling the mystery behind this one.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Has anyone got a trip report for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?

Baron von der Loon posted:

I'd like to vouch for this one. Bring a physical notepad. I spent two good evenings unraveling the mystery behind this one.

I've got 5.99 in funbux to burn, I'm picking this up.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Montalvo posted:

Has anyone got a trip report for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?

I've got 5.99 in funbux to burn, I'm picking this up.

The SA thread for it was already linked above, but if you like the collect them all games set in Final Fantasy with actual game play, it's a solid pick up. Very easy to get by without paying a dime, feels right for a FF game, and they seem to give away tons of stuff.

If nothing else try it out now because until the 17th you can get tons of free stuff and 11 character rolls (as opposed to the normal 1) so you get a huge head start. Or can give yourself a big advantage if you have the kind of autism that demands you reroll gatcha games until you get ~the best~

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Hey Nimblebitters, can you make it so the celebrity VIP in Tiny Tower always turns your highest ranked bit into a dream jobber? Right now you can avoid the randomization by just firing everyone except the one you want to make into a dream jobber and then hiring the other two back, might as well make it easier.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

BobTheJanitor posted:

Hey Nimblebitters, can you make it so the celebrity VIP in Tiny Tower always turns your highest ranked bit into a dream jobber? Right now you can avoid the randomization by just firing everyone except the one you want to make into a dream jobber and then hiring the other two back, might as well make it easier.

It is already so powerful I don't mind making people work a bit to get a particular result. Similar to the Big Spender VIP.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Is the grim fandango port good? Any other good ports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Anyone got a decent new skinner box time sink? I just uninstalled Clash Royale and gently caress me if I'm gonna go back to Tiny Tower.