Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

zoux posted:

Elections have consequences

Please just explain it to me like I am a little baby this is gonna keep me up all night here :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

MadJackal posted:

Ok, I know this is hipster as a hair knot on top of a pudgy dude wearing jorts, but I appreciate the lovely video quality of this video.

Also, I love Brooklyn unironically and the Korean inspired Bunsmith on Franklyn Ave is seriously some of the best weird food I've ever had. Spam and Cookie Butter Bun, eat it, live it.

tell us more

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
As of this point: donald trump becoming president and donald trump not being the republican nominee are roughly as likely.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Spam and Cookie Butter tastes like a savory, sweet cinnamon cookie made of mashed lean pork. I am not lying when I say to you that it haunts me with it's tastiness. And I'm not some Spam craving pervert, a non-believer who was visiting my wife and I tried it and almost had an orgasm in public because it was that good.

Also get the Pork Jowl Bun, it is delicious.

Also Domo Taco up the road has mind blowing Kimchi Falafel Tacos and gives you a free beer for checking in on Yelp.

gently caress me I need to head back to Brooklyn. gently caress your bodegas, gentrification makes my dick hard..

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
also I'm laughing my head off at Robert Morrow.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Schnorkles posted:

also I'm laughing my head off at Robert Morrow.

Our greatest American

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/robmorroliberty/status/748339407313199105

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Marzzle posted:

I am not tuned into Texas gop politics to know why Robert morrow is always posting anime and actual titties on his Twitter. Like, I get he is trolling the Internet or something but is the Travis county gop completely powerless? Is he trying to make them look bad or is he harvesting sweet /pol/ cred by being the living embodiment of 4chan?

He likes big titties and calling the Clintons, Bushes, and Trump pedophile rapists while wearing a jester hat, and frankly, I can respect that a lot more than the people who are going to yell the word racist every time Trump opens his mouth from now until the heat death of the universe.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jesus what a broken fuckin record

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey man SAY SOME NEW poo poo

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He likes big titties and calling the Clintons, Bushes, and Trump pedophile rapists while wearing a jester hat, and frankly, I can respect that a lot more than the people who are going to yell the word racist every time Trump opens his mouth from now until the heat death of the universe.

I'm perfectly happy to also scream sexist and stupid about everything he does. Also as much as trumpets want it to be I don't think November will be the heat death of the universe

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Marzzle posted:

Please just explain it to me like I am a little baby this is gonna keep me up all night here :(

He won the election for County chairman of the Travis County GOP either because they really want him to push his theories about the Clintons, Bushes, and the Johnson, or because his name was first on the ballot.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

sullat posted:

He won the election for County chairman of the Travis County GOP either because they really want him to push his theories about the Clintons, Bushes, and the Johnson, or because his name was first on the ballot.

yeah and his advice to other people wanting to win elections is to get their name first on the ballot, which is only decided by chance

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Isis didn't even become Isis until Kerry took over.

Edit: always forget how big this thread is

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'd love to plot out the history of the thread, from start to finish. The different camps, looking at the time individual posters are active. Come up with some plots.

But oh look I have a martini!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

i say it in an indoor voice thank you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

I'd love to plot out the history of the thread, from start to finish. The different camps, looking at the time individual posters are active. Come up with some plots.

But oh look I have a martini!

something is off about the smell of my farts 2nite

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Bill Clinton meets privately with Loretta Lynch. Can't make this poo poo up.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

something is off about the smell of my farts 2nite crew

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm 2farty 2nitecrew

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Someone av this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

forgive us o morrow! In you beats the heart of a nation!!!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

L-Boned posted:

Bill Clinton meets privately with Loretta Lynch. Can't make this poo poo up.

idgi

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al! posted:

forgive us o morrow! In you beats the heart of a nation!!!

But not in like a commie way

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

try google

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/loretta-lynch-bill-clinton-meet-privately-in-phoenix

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I saw Allen West throwing a fit about this. Almost expected him to demand Obama, Hillary, Lynch and Bill to all be impeached.

Py-O-My
Jan 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/jakeda/status/748351146834595840

why does trump do this, copying tweets instead of retweeting them?

https://twitter.com/Gengm7/status/748330308244627456

to make it fit in 140 characters he just deleted part of one of the usernames so now some random dude gets spammed endlessly

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
At this point I just want taut to go to a good therapist and get some help

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Anyone know the average size of a campaign staff for a Senate election? Surely they must approach 73 people.

The last Senate campaign I worked had ~150 people in Field (door-knockers and volunteer coordinators) alone in a small state top-line race in a non-presidential year. Field staff works from roughly 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on most days. You spend the morning in office, doing paperwork, cutting turf (making walkable maps of houses to hit) and putting out fires with down-ticket candidates who will spend the entire election focused on parades and lawn signs. You knock doors from 3 p.m. until dinner, then you make phone calls from dinner 7-9. From nine to ten, you are tabulating all the data you gathered and kicking it up to Regional. At 11 p.m., there's a conference call where you're told how poo poo you are and how America itself will fall because you're a lazy piece of poo poo. You find out that Applebees is the only place you can get both food and booze after 11:30 p.m. You knock doors all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Knocking sucks. You approach people at the threshold of their sanctuary from the world and ask them intimate questions about a touchy subject. You'll get screamed at, chased by dogs, threatened, look down the barrel of a gun and will meet at least one person who has no qualms about answering the door naked (Willingness to answer the door naked is inversely proportional to traditional notions of attractiveness). Sweet old people will invite you in and keep you forever. They may or may not know why you're there.

Calling sucks. You are the telemarketer that you hate. You do have some idea what time it is. You are sorry that they asked to be taken off the list. You'll make sure you get it right next time. You don't have a predictive dialer, so 70% of your time is ringing phones. Occasionally you'll get so bored that you start including additional issues into your surveys. "Which one of these issues matters to you the most: jobs and the economy, national security, environment issues, jet-packs, tax policy or guns?" People feel much more free to say vile poo poo over the phone.

A field campaign is broken into three phases:

I. Identification - Figure out who is already voting for you and why they're voting for you. You get lists of previous voters that nobody has touched for 2-4 years (if you're lucky). They need to be knocked and updated so you can figure out who moved, who died, etc. You recruit volunteers, identify new voters, help them get registered, and place everyone in the universe (Strong Supporters - Weak Supporters - Undecided - Weak Opposition - gently caress You). No-one wants to talk to you on the phone. The weather is cold and gross.

II. Persuasion - All that data you crunched is applied with specific campaigns at specific groups of voters. You and your volunteers are canvassing specific groups within the universe with specific messaging (I.E. you knock every Weak Supporter who identified "Guns" as their big issue with on point literature and messaging). You are organizing your volunteers into groups and teaching them to do your job. If your state allows early voting by absentee ballot, you push hard to lock in votes now. The best pitch you have is promising to leave people alone once they vote. At a mandatory staff 6:30 a.m. staff training another organizer drops a napkin on your table that's been hastily scrawled with "Union Now." Regional hears about this and treats it like an Ebola outbreak. The note's author is fired after returning from a late night meeting at a Union Hall. Knocking doors is hot and gross. No one wants to talk to you on the phone.

III. GOTV - Knocking doors is cold and gross again. No one wants to talk to you on the phone, but you no longer care. You know with 90% confidence how every registered voter in your area is going to vote and you have names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone you think is going to vote for you. You have poll watchers trained to check names of voters against your list of supporters and hunter-killer teams of little old ladies standing by to police up stragglers. You know everyone in the community and they know you. Two days before the election you knock the Republican Central Committee Chair's door and listen as he rants about how lovely your campaign is if they think a Democrat lives here. When he hits a natural pause, you ask if his wife is available and relish in the sound the door makes when it slams in your face. Your candidate loses by 20 points, the Applebees waitress you've been sleeping with dumps you, and everyone gets fired the day after the election.

The point is that no amount of money will buy you a pop-up ground game because it is built on thousands of hours of mind-numbing agony and drudgery. It is already too late for Trump to do it right and the consequences of doing it wrong will not be apparent until election night.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 30, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rubber Tucky posted:

At this point I just want taut to go to a good therapist and get some help

Taut won't if Thunderbro won't, and Thunderbro certainly won't if Toadvine won't.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The fix is in

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
MEANWHILE, AT THE COUNCIL OF GLOBAL.....ISM

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Py-O-My posted:

https://twitter.com/jakeda/status/748351146834595840

why does trump do this, copying tweets instead of retweeting them?

https://twitter.com/Gengm7/status/748330308244627456

to make it fit in 140 characters he just deleted part of one of the usernames so now some random dude gets spammed endlessly

That is insanely funny

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Robert Morrow needs to run as a congressman someday PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

*sad trumpet plays as I back away dejectedly*

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
It is a cool summer evening in the godswood of Trump Tower. The Donald rubs Narrative's nose and feeds the loyal beast carrots as he brushes out the luxurious mane. The setting sun shines through the golden leaves of the heart-tree, setting the godswood afire. Ser Christie approaches.

"Donald," he says, "we've had a raven from London. Britain is leaving the European Union."

The Donald pauses, then slowly resumes brushing. "That's big. I predicted that, remember? Just, you know, that is big, for the British people." He pauses again, staring off into nothing. "I am so proud and so happy for the people of, of the U.K, as they call it, they've taken their country back," addressing an imagined audience, "they want borders, they want to be...a nation again." Narrative softly whickered and pawed the loamy turf. Donald set aside the brush and drew the Sword of Chaing from its scabbard, and began to oil it with a cloth.

"Hillary had declared for the Remain faction," Ser Christie prompted.

"She did," Donald said. "You know, Chris, I've been thinking about making some changes."

Ser Christie furrowed his brow. "What sort of changes, Don?"

"Oh, you know...maybe adding a pond to this garden thing. This place. I mean, it's great, a fantastic, just really good place. Maybe like, a koi pond?"

"That's a great idea, Don--"

"I just want, I don't know, some Zen-- I was reading this book, this book a guy I know, great guy, and he had a koi pond and, ohhhhh, let me tell you folks. Let me-- he was so relaxed, so Zen, doesn't everybody want that? I mean come on! Who doesn't want that?! the Zen!! And the goldfish, they can do that, I will tell you."

Ser Christie shifted his feet. "I can arrange th--"

"BIG goldfish Chris. So big. The biggest. And they just swoop around in the, the koi pond. Just like, swwooooooom " The Donald said, gesturing. Abruptly he set aside the Sword of Chaing and donned his greathelm, the glorious steel cap with MAGA emblazoned in red, white, and blue gems. "I need to hold a rally."

Ser Christie's nostrils flared as he smelled the scents of roast chicken wafting up from the kitchens. The Donald was standing erect, gesturing vigorously, mouthing words as Narrative watched quietly, chewing his cud. Christie turned on his heel and left.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Rocks posted:

Robert Morrow needs to run as a congressman someday PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!!!

He would end up representing some part of Austin. No thanks.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/748372778995318784

https://twitter.com/reedfrich/status/748373645483999232

Whois lookup for rapid response television finds it was registered by the principal of take 2 direct LLC of Irvine, CA.

Take 2 Direct was one of the outfits pushing birther poo poo as late as 2012 - http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/10/19/1036141/pacs-turning-obama-hate-into-cash/

Just :laffo: at the sheer amateur shoestring retarded macgyver nature of it all.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Subterfrugal posted:

The point is that no amount of money will buy you a pop-up ground game because it is built on thousands of hours of mind-numbing agony and drudgery. It is already too late for Trump to do it right and the consequences of doing it wrong will not be apparent until election night.

I loved this post, ty for writing it.

• Locked thread