Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

That hair makes me want to play simcity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

hiddenriverninja posted:

If only they changed Ryu as much as Ibuki or Juri.

Do you mean design wise? Because gameplay wise he's pretty different.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Man I was super excited for Juri and now I am not very excited for her anymore :sigh: Hopefully she's not as bad as she looks in the video that's been posted (or hopefully she gets some changes before her final release); storing fireballs was one of the most interesting parts of her gameplay and it's lousy that they dropped that.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Coca Koala posted:

Man I was super excited for Juri and now I am not very excited for her anymore :sigh: Hopefully she's not as bad as she looks in the video that's been posted (or hopefully she gets some changes before her final release); storing fireballs was one of the most interesting parts of her gameplay and it's lousy that they dropped that.

She still stores fireballs; there's even a little bar next to her EX meter that shows fireballs you stored.

EDIT: Here's a stream going over Juri if you wanna watch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

nickmeister posted:

All I really care about is the core game versus other humans, and my internet connection is pretty good, so whatever.

Same but I still don't want to download another 8 goddamn gigs. I'll wait until someone confirms matchmaking is better and/or the EVO population bump.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Okay, the rest of this story mode sucking can be forgiven thanks to the tactical Zangief air drop as he screams "MUSCLEEEEE!"

Like holy poo poo, I laughed way too hard at that.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

bhsman posted:

Apparently "Peter" is voiced by Peter Rosas, AKA Combofiend.

:eyepop:

I like the thing that happens during the credits (besides the game ending)

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

bhsman posted:

She still stores fireballs; there's even a little bar next to her EX meter that shows fireballs you stored.

EDIT: Here's a stream going over Juri if you wanna watch.

I caught the tail end of the stream, thanks for the link! Glad to hear that I was wrong about the fireball storing.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Coca Koala posted:

I caught the tail end of the stream, thanks for the link! Glad to hear that I was wrong about the fireball storing.

No worries :buddy:

EDIT: Apparently V-Trigger gives you limitless stored FBs and gatlings but each use eats up your bar, and Juri needs 3 bars of V-Gauge

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Huh, SRK twitter says ESPN2 is gonna put SFV EVO on tv.

That'd be loving rad.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats Capcom you killed Evo.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

nickmeister posted:

Do you mean design wise? Because gameplay wise he's pretty different.

On a basic gameplay level, I can pick Ryu and know that he has the same specials, that cr. mk cancels into fireball, things like that. I used to be pretty good at with vortex in SFIV but this Ibuki's moveset is vastly different from that incarnation and it's taking me a while to figure out a gameplay style that works for me.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

this is terrible for everyone lol

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do you think they would they have their own commentators or are they gonna put skisonic on television + doom fighting games

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
ESPN2 has covered Dota previously. It was a little funny watching sports nerds online rage super hard about how Video Games Aren't loving Sports What Is This Geeky Bullshit On My TV but other than that it didn't really affect anything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody in ESPN got Woshige can't count on Sportscenter so maybe there's a fan pushing internally for this stuff

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Somebody in ESPN got Woshige can't count on Sportscenter so maybe there's a fan pushing internally for this stuff

According to Mr. Wizard's twitter it's something the Evo guys have been working on for 2 years.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
So has this changed anyones opinion on sf5, or is this excitement over new shiny poo poo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
esports is already sports as hell so you dont really need to adapt anything, its already soulless boring and evil

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
gently caress Mr Wizard

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

dangerdoom volvo posted:

gently caress Mr Wizard

Gently caress Mr. Wizard :kimchi:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

esports is already sports as hell so you dont really need to adapt anything, its already soulless boring and evil

Ever since they announced the move of grand finals to a nearby performance hall I've kind of given up on the future of Evo, this is icing on the cake really

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

To be real, nothing in evo was ever really watching besides the top 8 or top 4 of most games besides smash where the grandfinals alone take long enough that you'll probably be tired of seeing it if you're not a fan.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SectumSempra posted:

To be real, nothing in evo was ever really watching besides the top 8 or top 4 of most games besides smash where the grandfinals alone take long enough that you'll probably be tired of seeing it if you're not a fan.

Uh actually competitive Catherine is dope.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SectumSempra posted:

I can't really agree when USF4 Pools alone gave us stuff like Valle vs. Bonchan and Nuckledu vs Fuudo just last year. :black101:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Uh actually competitive Catherine is dope.

So are you saying its better to watch all of catherine or the end of it?

(I've never watched and don't think i will)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

bhsman posted:

I can't really agree when USF4 Pools alone gave us stuff like Valle vs. Bonchan and Nuckledu vs Fuudo just last year. :black101:

Do they have setups yet where you can pick which pools to watch?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SectumSempra posted:

Catherine has a real interesting premise story-wise that instead ends up being really lame.

EDIT: It's a really good game, but little bits about Cartherine's origins just felt like a letdown.

SectumSempra posted:

Do they have setups yet where you can pick which pools to watch?

I want to say no; generally I think they pick fights in advance that have big names and just put them on stream.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 1, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its time to take evo down fellas, zero dark thirty

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Really wish there was a way to see the timing of moves because the super just won't come out during Balrog's 7th trial.
Of course now it did just after I posted this but I can't tell what I did different.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
BTW, the person whose Juri stream I linked to earlier put up a bunch of notes on her for anyone who's interested.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Wish prima guide updated want to read frame data at work.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SectumSempra posted:

If you're gonna give me a choice I'd rather watch the start and low tier Catherine players to be honest rather than the best because things can go hilariously wrong.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nickmeister posted:

All I really care about is the core game versus other humans, and my internet connection is pretty good, so whatever.

you have no way of knowing whether or not its making GBS threads out on the other guy

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

you have no way of knowing whether or not its making GBS threads out on the other guy

You could play with friends and ask them?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Evo was kind of dumb last year because they went from 2000 entrants to like top 8 in a day so you missed a ton of matches

I have no idea how they're going to handle 5000 people

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Ever since they announced the move of grand finals to a nearby performance hall I've kind of given up on the future of Evo, this is icing on the cake really

I literally can't conceive of a way that either of these are bad things.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Brosnan posted:

ESPN2 has covered Dota previously. It was a little funny watching sports nerds online rage super hard about how Video Games Aren't loving Sports What Is This Geeky Bullshit On My TV but other than that it didn't really affect anything.

I watched some pro CS:GO tournament on TBS a few weeks ago. I haven't even been into CS for a long rear end time, but I couldn't look away.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jmcrofts posted:

I literally can't conceive of a way that either of these are bad things.

The arena is gonna be half empty all day, is on the other side of town, and lol @evo being put on a dying channel on a dying format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Will guilty gear be on espn or just bad games