Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Cage Kicker posted:

It is very telling to be complaining of horrible bad teammates in a game that has MMR

It's something that gets old quickly, but when you go in to spend 90 minutes in ranked to have two games where a person leaves (even when you're winnng?) and a third game of you watching people literally stare at a wall and wait to die; it gets a little frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Countblanc posted:

GosuGamers' weekly NA tournament is starting in 20-30 minutes. The rules are actually a bit different this week, notably:

- Double elimination, though losers bracket is all KotH presumably for expediency
- No hero limits (previously 1-hero limit)
- All maps are legal (don't expect to see much 2cp though)

Also my team is playing in it!! wish me luck

e: stream https://www.twitch.tv/gosugamers

drat, Gl! Is it a team of goons?

Countblanc posted:

we're 2-0 right now so fingers crossed! please give your energy to oxx[]:::Knights of Goku:::>

Awesome. I just heard them say something about 'team goku' and I wonder if that was referring to you.

E: lol yup, they are talking about you guys and your SSJ icon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's a goon team yeah

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I finally got ranked, and Its official, I suck....

Just did a competetive map, there was no one on comms and no one did anything to complete the task, we all died to a single spamzo on a rooftop in dorado and no one even noticed him but me - and no one responded to voice calls to take him out.

This is worse than quickplay...

but hey, i got POTM as mercy

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 3, 2016

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Those of you that have been playing since Tuesday, do you feel like you're in more balanced games as the week has progressed?

Less balanced to be honest.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Those of you that have been playing since Tuesday, do you feel like you're in more balanced games as the week has progressed?

Not in the slightest. Our rank has gone down but we're still playing against the same 65-70+ premades. The same people on top of that.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

TheresaJayne posted:

I finally got ranked, and Its official, I suck....

Just did a competetive map, there was no one on comms and no one did anything to complete the task, we all died to a single spamzo on a rooftop in dorado and no one even noticed him but me - and no one responded to voice calls to take him out.

This is worse than quickplay...

but hey, i got POTM as mercy

We are both terrible, let me know if you ever want to play with someone at your same rank.

:negative:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

PoTM with under 4 mins played time is OP.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Chances are the Reinhardt's assuming you lot are actually following him, because even in third-person view Reinhardt can't see poo poo behind him.

Been there, done that, trying to learn not to.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So, I'd love to give Overwatch a try, but my laptop isn't to great. Though I just need a new graphics card to meet the minimum requirement. Does anyone have an idea of if it'll run alright at minimum, or will it run like rear end and make the game not worth it? I'm a little wary about spending $40 on it if I have to drop a few hundred bucks on a top of the line graphics card, I just need something better than the stock card I have now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Elblanco posted:

So, I'd love to give Overwatch a try, but my laptop isn't to great. Though I just need a new graphics card to meet the minimum requirement. Does anyone have an idea of if it'll run alright at minimum, or will it run like rear end and make the game not worth it? I'm a little wary about spending $40 on it if I have to drop a few hundred bucks on a top of the line graphics card, I just need something better than the stock card I have now.

What are your computer specs? My lappy has a 610M video card and runs playable at low settings.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

DrSeRRoD posted:

PoTM with under 4 mins played time is OP.

I think it must be broken its saying Mercy Total 1 minute....

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Just had a competitive match on KotH where we came back from 0-2 to win 3-2, that was pretty tense. I've never been so aware how slow Zaraya's ult charges. The Tracer wanted to combo hers with mine and it took really long to charge compared to Tracers

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Demicol posted:

Just had a competitive match on KotH where we came back from 0-2 to win 3-2, that was pretty tense. I've never been so aware how slow Zaraya's ult charges. The Tracer wanted to combo hers with mine and it took really long to charge compared to Tracers

it charges when the shields are hit, so put your shields on someone who is being shot and it will charge in no time

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Plus halfway good Tracers can naturally charge their ults super fast because they can dish out tons of damage in short order, sort of like how a Hanzo who's good at spamming headshots can pop his off every minute or so.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ddraig posted:

No, it's purely visual. Basically the bubble ability just makes all damage done to that person for its duration be transferred to Zarya's gun.

Doesn't matter if you hit them in the big toe or the head or even if you miss the bubble altogether and hit them directly, it will count.

Really? I could have sworn that I've shot the bubble itself before and it soaked the shot, even if the shot would have normally missed the bubbled target.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

What are your computer specs? My lappy has a 610M video card and runs playable at low settings.

I just have something called an Intel HD graphics 4000. It runs wow on fair setting just fine though.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Elblanco posted:

I just have something called an Intel HD graphics 4000. It runs wow on fair setting just fine though.

A toaster can run WoW at decent settings.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Elblanco posted:

You're below the min spec of a HD 4400, it might sorta work but it sure wont be pretty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMsrgW9QXs&t=90s :eyepop:

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Mechanism Eight posted:

You're below the min spec of a HD 4400, it might sorta work but it sure wont be pretty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMsrgW9QXs&t=90s :eyepop:

Thank you! I play most games at min settings out of habit anyway, it just means I can save for a better card instead of settling for a lower end card.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Today I have gotten a Soldier: 76 skin and highlight intro, a Reaper skin and Winston's Undersea skin. I do not play any of them regularly and have never gotten a Soldier POTG. On the bright side I've enjoyed the little I've played of Winston so I guess I'm branching out from Roadhog.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Soldier: 76 is good primarily because nothing hard counters him and one of him can be effective in pretty much any situation on any map. Also he shits out damage fairly quick at a consistent rate that he can keep up for the entire match as long as he has a target with a hitscan weapon.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Elblanco posted:

Thank you! I play most games at min settings out of habit anyway, it just means I can save for a better card instead of settling for a lower end card.
Without drifting too far off-topic into SH/SC-chat as long as the rest of your spec is up-to-scratch a basic Geforce 750ti for around $120/£100/€120 will happily run Overwatch at better-than-console settings, 60fps :)

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

and have never gotten a Soldier POTG

This doesn't seem like it should be that hard--if you come in from the side with his ult mid-engagement it's pretty easy to just completely end the entire other team.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I do not play any of them regularly and have never gotten a Soldier POTG.

If you can flank some squishes with the aim it you have a good chance.

I dunno if people were just much noober in the beta, or if they nerfed it somehow, but I was constantly getting 76 potgs and killing really fast back then and seemed like after release I've generally maybe been able to take out 1-2 with it tops. But I occasionally get a 3 kill streak of people on a payload and got potg a few times since then.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Soldier is basically the best character in the game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm just bad at Soldier

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Wheeee posted:

I think you mean Mei.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Elblanco posted:

I play with an Intel Iris (the ones the basic 13 mac retinas have) which is a step above the 4000 and with everything on low and 720p it works. It's not pretty as someone said above but it's very playable.

Wheeee posted:

Golem II posted:

I think you mean Mei.

Both of you misspelt Zarya. :colbert:

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Mercy has an unused button, right? It'd be cool if they set Beam Toggle to one of her ability buttons and let you mouse click 2 for her pistol fire while you're healing. Lots of action shots have her wielding both her weapons at the same time anyway, and it'd be more fun. I think that'd make her more attractive to play as for a lot of people, and would make it easier to contribute to your team if you're a good-aim-haver who is stuck on healing duty.

I just think it's kind of lame that Lucio can heal and attack at the same time but Mercy can't.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Shame on you if you've never beat some fool over the head with Mercy's stick while healing/damage boosting.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Goon In-house starting: https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cephas posted:

Mercy has an unused button, right? It'd be cool if they set Beam Toggle to one of her ability buttons and let you mouse click 2 for her pistol fire while you're healing. Lots of action shots have her wielding both her weapons at the same time anyway, and it'd be more fun. I think that'd make her more attractive to play as for a lot of people, and would make it easier to contribute to your team if you're a good-aim-haver who is stuck on healing duty.

I just think it's kind of lame that Lucio can heal and attack at the same time but Mercy can't.

I have nothing but vague supposition to go on but I have a feeling that if Mercy could simultaneously shoot and heal that she would become too good. Yeah, Lucio can shoot while he heals but his gun sucks, it fires slow-moving and awkward projectiles and even if you land all your shots it does some of the worst DPS per weapon in the game, so basically 90% of your shooting with Lucio is just spamming wildly and hoping people run into your blasts while you look for opportunities to knock people off cliffs. Mercy's gun, meanwhile, is fast-firing, accurate, and does 100 DPS before headshots.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

gmq posted:

Both of you misspelt Zarya. :colbert:

You meant Reaper and I won't hear different.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The best character in the game is Junkrat you loving imbeciles

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I noticed that hanzo was my least used character in quick play by a landslide, so today I have decided to be That Guy™ who only picks hanzo no matter what until he is my most used hero

I'm garbage at hanzo so I feel that I am living up to the average bow man. scatter arrow is weirdly inconsistent sometimes but it's hilarious to oneshot someone with it

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I lost two matches after the placement matches for competitive but I've won every one since then.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

I noticed that hanzo was my least used character in quick play by a landslide, so today I have decided to be That Guy™ who only picks hanzo no matter what until he is my most used hero

I'm garbage at hanzo so I feel that I am living up to the average bow man. scatter arrow is weirdly inconsistent sometimes but it's hilarious to oneshot someone with it

Apparently the best way to Scatter Arrow is to treat it like a splash rocket in other FPS games and aim at someone's feat, whereupon every splinter hits their body at once.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Macaluso posted:

The best character in the game is Junkrat you loving imbeciles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm proud that I only have <5 minutes on both Widow and Hanzo and that's only because we had a game with two career Hanzos instapicks and then each of them arguing that the other Hanzo should switch, so us rest of the team all went Hanzo as well.

6 hanzos went about as well as you'd expect with no one really trying for an objective.