Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

While some games have glitches that depend on frame perfect inputs, other games have glitches that depend on the FPS which is probably why they're playing with potato settings.

I think Dishonored has a major glitch that requires like 170+ FPS to work properly.

yea im pretty sure talos principle also has some ultra high FPS only tricks too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Eonwe posted:

that cutscene skip is sweet tho

Man the game is really angry about him doing it, since it constantly trying to pull him back to it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

HoneyBoy posted:

Bioshock Infinite story is really cool if you've never read a book before in your life

Or if you don't see anything uncomfortable of trying to go for "a truth is in the middle" narrative when the two opposing factions are rich racist assholes and loving slaves.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Internet Kraken posted:

The gameplay was okay but yeah the story is hot garbage. The world design gets weighed down by the incredibly cringey plot.

Infinite made me realise Ken Levine is the M.Night Shyamalan of games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
speaking of which, its a god drat travesty that there isnt a talos principle run this year

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I mean come the gently caress on at least play with high-quality textures, the difference in framerate should be negligible.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Internet Kraken posted:

The gameplay was okay but yeah the story is hot garbage. The world design gets weighed down by the incredibly cringey plot.

It goes a bit too much up its own rear end at the end but I really liked all the alternate reality stuff with Elizabeth opening portals and Elizabeth herself was a good NPC. And the gameplay itself I thought was good.

It totally lacked the character of Rapture though, and it just didn't have anything anywhere near as good as Would You Kindly

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The multiplayer in Bioshock 2 was fun.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
Also my favorite part of the game is the Sander Cohen segment which I am pretty sure this run just completely skips.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm angry that you guys made me remember Bioshock Infinite.

But I'm glad we can all agree how awful it is.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Internet Kraken posted:

Or if you don't see anything uncomfortable of trying to go for "a truth is in the middle" narrative when the two opposing factions are rich racist assholes and loving slaves.

Remember when 2K did that 'who's side are you on' thing on Twitter?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sir Tonk posted:

The multiplayer in Bioshock 2 was fun.

This is a fact.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
"Such is your morality of sacrifice and such are the twin ideals it offers: to refashion the life of your body in the image of a human stockyard, and the life of your spirit in the image of a dump.

Lol what a garbage idiot

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Macaluso posted:

it just didn't have anything anywhere near as good as Would You Kindly

Say what you will about Bioshock's story, this reveal was great.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game was great because i had alt right friends who didnt get that this game was a criticism of libertarian philosophy rather than an endorsement

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pakled posted:

I mean come the gently caress on at least play with high-quality textures, the difference in framerate should be negligible.
depends on how lovely the computer is (see: ESA 2014(?) run of Hard Reset)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao, those low quality flames

n64 had better flames

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Eonwe posted:

this game was great because i had alt right friends who didnt get that this game was a criticism of libertarian philosophy rather than an endorsement

Ha. You would have to be pretty dumb to miss that lesson. But alt right friends.........

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Eonwe posted:

n64 had better flames

was just about to say these look like N64 textures.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

Eonwe posted:

alt right friends

Eonwe posted:

alt right

Eonwe posted:

friends

:confused:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Well, this run brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'cutscene skipping'.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I stepped out to watch the neighborhood partake in fireworks. The streets are full of smoke now lol.

How is the run? It looks like it has the craziest, rubberbandiest bhopping ever.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Eonwe posted:

n64 had better flames

Still better flames then Mighty No 9.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

this was the thing that made me stop playing

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just realized why, despite being technically impressed with the skill of it, I have a mildly negative view of speedrunning: it turns every game into a Blizzard endgame where all the fun of the game is boiled away for optimal play frames.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

oh suicide strats :allears: one of the reasons I am looking forward to System Shock later this week

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Max Wilco posted:

Well, this run brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'cutscene skipping'.

"So there's a cutscene here."

*SHAZAM!*

"And that's the end of the level, ignore the boss, he's still talking for some reason."

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there a reason he's running the game on garbage settings or no?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Can't wait for that Skyrim run

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

when you grow up in a town of less than a thousand and a graduating class of 50, you hang out with whoever is the least insane

i could hang out with people who were at least socially left, or I could hang out with baptists

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CJ posted:

Is there a reason he's running the game on garbage settings or no?

he specifically mentioned high FPS in his interview, so presumably there are tricks that are either easier or only possible with high FPS

Pakled posted:

Can't wait for that Skyrim run

lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Stream is melting

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Erata posted:

I stepped out to watch the neighborhood partake in fireworks. The streets are full of smoke now lol.

How is the run? It looks like it has the craziest, rubberbandiest bhopping ever.

The bhopping is actually what he has to do to skip certain cutscenes because the game keeps trying to drag him back to them :v:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Eonwe posted:

n64 had better flames

Rirse posted:

Still better flames then Mighty No 9.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Eonwe posted:

when you grow up in a town of less than a thousand and a graduating class of 50, you hang out with whoever is the least insane

i could hang out with people who were at least socially left, or I could hang out with baptists

The baptists might wash your feet though which is pretty pro.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

real cool artifacting on stream now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bioshock on easy and super low settings is kind of boring to watch, tbh

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Harlock posted:

Stream is melting

Spliced too many plasmids, it had a good life

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

"So there's a cutscene here."

*SHAZAM!*

"And that's the end of the level, ignore the boss, he's still talking for some reason."

It takes a lot of skill the keep monologing when you're a corpse.

mandatory lesbian posted:

this was the thing that made me stop playing

I kept playing because I was mocking it with my brother and wanted to see how much worse it could get. I think around the part where Booker says "Comstock and Fitzroy are two sides of the same coin" or something I had to stop playing for the day. How they thought the two characters were anywhere close to each other on the moral level is baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Boo this man

• Locked thread