Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Wow. 20min shorter without loading screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

20 minutes shorter without the load screens. ET for the run is 70 minutes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Literally a third of this game is loading screens.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Still my favorite moment to come out of this game:
https://youtu.be/6XkbboNIZuU?t=851

:perfect:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Early 3D large scale platformers were broken as poo poo, but 20 whole minutes of loading? Jesus

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
been kinda busy today, but I don't mind missing the sonic games

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Ha, just 20 minutes? I played the PS3 version, it'd probably be like 40 on that version.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dr. Eggman's Radical Train

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

been kinda busy today, but I don't mind missing the sonic games

you don't want to miss Sonic '06 friend

the rest are awful

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Well at least Radical Train is a good song.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That was about as fast I'd expect from a Sonic game.

And we europeans had the 50 hz PAL Megadrive version...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"Reloads every asset used every single time."

:stare:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

Early 3D large scale platformers were broken as poo poo, but 20 whole minutes of loading? Jesus

How is this an "early" 3D large scale platformer, it's a 360/PS3 game

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Your Computer posted:

you don't want to miss Sonic '06 friend

the rest are awful

I guess I need to find other great runs to watch. I don't know what I've missed so far, though? I've been keeping a list of my favourites so far, maybe somebody else could provide me with their list? I know I saw Minrad was keeping track

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Check those limp orange legs

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Sonic turned to stone again wtf.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Burginator posted:

I guess I need to find other great runs to watch. I don't know what I've missed so far, though? I've been keeping a list of my favourites so far, maybe somebody else could provide me with their list? I know I saw Minrad was keeping track

If you like Sonic I'm sure the runs are okay.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Erata posted:

is it when he takes damage? it might just be the flickering looking weird on your monitor

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Your Computer posted:

If you like Sonic I'm sure the runs are okay.

This is the only sonic game I've ever much like watching. I saw Freedom Planet the other day and I feel like I don't need to keep watching Sonic

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I just noticed that the OoT run on Fri night is glitchless and nearly 4 hours long. Yikes.

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

Erata posted:

Yeah, he turns gray when flickering. Is that a hardware issue or something? I never noticed that before.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Burginator posted:

My must - watch - list so far in the event:

- Tropical Freeze - race
- Jedi Academy (and KOTOR if you like KOTOR)
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
- romscout's blindfold SoTN
- Momodora (half-coordinated rules)

Silent Hill 3 and Resident Evil 2 by Bawkasoup were very chill and fun.

I still have to VOD Link's awakening which many people have said was good as well.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

My stream froze when they were explaining what No MSG meant, can someone fill me in? I assume it doesn't mean they're avoiding Chinese food :v:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Brother Entropy posted:

is it when he takes damage? it might just be the flickering looking weird on your monitor

Icetongue posted:

Yeah, he turns gray when flickering. Is that a hardware issue or something? I never noticed that before.

Sonic 06 finds new and inventive ways to be weird and buggy I guess!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

NuclearPotato posted:

My stream froze when they were explaining what No MSG meant, can someone fill me in? I assume it doesn't mean they're avoiding Chinese food :v:

MSG = Mission Select Glitch = Credits Warp

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azazell0 posted:

- Tropical Freeze - race

I still have to VOD Link's awakening which many people have said was good as well.

Link's Awakening was great and also add Donkey Kong 64 to that list.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

NuclearPotato posted:

It's possible to glitch yourself straight to the end credits if you know how.

This guy is actually playing through the game, for some measure of playing.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Azazell0 posted:

- Tropical Freeze - race

I've never played a silent hill game, or watched a run, so I'll probably give that and RE2 a go. The rest of what you've got there (And link's awakening) I've watched and quite enjoyed.

My other 'must watch' ones are DK64, as somebody said aboved, DUSTFORCE, and Dishonored (I really love this speed run for some reason)

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Don't forget the Demon's Crest run, that was a perfect late night run

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

Don't forget the Demon's Crest run, that was a perfect late night run

Dude

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I feel like there is something wrong with these people grinding ILs on "Who's the Captain" and "Trial of Love".

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

"I don't know why you're even clapping for :psyduck:"

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Icetongue posted:

It's probably just an artifact of the 30 Hz flicker combined with the twitch stream/encoding.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

kender posted:

Whomever is in charge of getting the VODs up as quick as they are, thank you. I haven't had the time to sit and watch the ones I want to see when they air, so this has been really cool seeing them on the official site and not bootlegged by someone else.

I made a script to upload each run to YouTube when there's a new recording (we have a local box that has one job, and that's to record the cloned stream at a nice high bitrate, far higher than it goes out to twitch) but then Brossentia is in charge of actually labeling the things. :)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I keep getting confused who's talking because the deep voice guy is not the runner.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

UraniumAnchor posted:

I made a script to upload each run to YouTube when there's a new recording (we have a local box that has one job, and that's to record the cloned stream at a nice high bitrate, far higher than it goes out to twitch) but then Brossentia is in charge of actually labeling the things. :)

HEY BROSSENTIA

WHAT

YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB WITH THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS

THANKS

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Burginator posted:

I've never played a silent hill game, or watched a run, so I'll probably give that and RE2 a go. The rest of what you've got there (And link's awakening) I've watched and quite enjoyed.

My other 'must watch' ones are DK64, as somebody said aboved, DUSTFORCE, and Dishonored (I really love this speed run for some reason)

I've seen Zero Mission enough times so I'll probably catch up on Link's Awakening when Sonic 06 ends.

e: sorry for double post

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ahahaha yesss

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
uh

uh

ooooooh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
:getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin::getin: :getin:

• Locked thread