Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Capsaicin posted:

The review of UWF on BNV today might be the worst review I've ever heard them do. It's TERRIBLE raido, but it's still hilarious.

You should watch the UWF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

exploding mummy posted:

You should watch the UWF

I tried to watch one episode with my wife, it was a horrible idea

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The Owen Hart death Observer is up :smith:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Vertical Lime posted:

I read Martha Hart's book awhile ago and the picture she painted of Owen's final days and death were crushing.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

HELMSLEY

I've been a wrestling fan since 1965, which, amazingly, is not something I have to be ashamed of anymore. Over the years, I've had wrestlers as both clients and as friends. I even got to live out my fantasy by actually working a match with the Iron Sheik.

It really doesn't matter what level of a mark I am to offer my opinion of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. He is, without question, the most overpushed wrestler in the WWF since Dino Bravo. No matter what he does in the ring, it's in slow motion. Whether in the ring or on the mic, he doesn't get over with the fans. His Michael Buffer take-off catch phrase did get over, but it was in spite of him, not because of him. The geniuses at Titan Towers changed his valets, his outfits, his finisher and his look and can do it until they're blue in the face, but it won't get him over. The desperate angle with the sledge hammer through the coffin on Rock will generate some short-term heat, but it will cool quickly. HHH on the mic reminds me of Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Man character near the end of his run, where no matter what he said, regardless of how good it was, fell on totally deaf eras. In the ring, he's a plodding zero. I don't believe he puts one rear end in the seats. Isn't it amazing that Marc Mero, who as Johnny B. Badd was very charismatic both on the mic and in the ring, is buried by the WWF magicians, while a loser like Helmsley is shoved down the fans' throats, let alone put in a top position? Even the almost as inept Mr. rear end brings more to the table. I predict Helmsley will once again fail miserably as a main eventer.

Name withheld by request

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dave shouldn't plant editorials as anonymous letters, that's hosed up

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
hosed up this dirt sheet mark would profit off the death of Owen Hart like this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

He's not wrong about the slow motion thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well based on the B&V talk-up alone I feel like I gotta watch this Broken Matt Hardy/BROTHER NERO match. What day is TNA actually on now?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Capsaicin posted:

The review of UWF on BNV today might be the worst review I've ever heard them do. It's TERRIBLE raido, but it's still hilarious.

It's amazing, I want to watch the show now but I'm afraid that would ruin it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Well based on the B&V talk-up alone I feel like I gotta watch this Broken Matt Hardy/BROTHER NERO match. What day is TNA actually on now?

Tuesday.

Eltoasto posted:

It's amazing, I want to watch the show now but I'm afraid that would ruin it.

I'm not sure you can any more, Bloody Bullet was the PPV for June.

Now it's July and we've gotten to HOOD KILLA

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Interesting that a guy like Alvarez is getting advance screeners for TNA stuff. TNAMecca assured me that him & Dave didn't have ANY connections!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Interesting that a guy like Alvarez is getting advance screeners for TNA stuff. TNAMecca assured me that him & Dave didn't have ANY connections!

Knowing Matt, it's entirely possible that since Alvarez had him on when he was a top babyface, he's staying in character by rewarding Alvarez's loyalty with an advance screening.

Until proven otherwise, I choose to believe this is exactly what happened.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Ricochet is on Stone Colds podcast. :allears: this is gonna be good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Neither Dave nor Bryan liked the opening segment of Raw, boo :(

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

it's an interesting but very sad read. i thought the quote that dave ended the article with was particularly powerful:

quote:

Dave Stubbs, a former WWF referee and current sports editor at the Montreal Gazette wrote this on 5/25:

"That the show continued proved what everyone already knew: the whole of this mighty machine is bigger than any one of its parts--dead or alive. A cornerstone employee, one of the WWF's most popular performers, is carried out of the arena dying, perhaps even deceased, and the show unconscionably goes on. It was a nauseating disrespect that this week's four show Canadian tour postponement cannot undo

In response to fans' lust for hardcore action, it's become a far more violent and dangerous career for its performers. The feeling among more than one athlete has been, What's it going to take to stop this, for someone to be killed? Those quiet voices, who play this wild game by the promoters' rules or find work elsewhere, will learn that it will take much more than that

For a few days, professional wrestling will mourn the untimely passing of a good man and a talented entertainer. And then it will again tear off its blouses to expose its brassieres, encourage delinquent behavior and draw blood with folding metal chairs and garbage pails. The insane stunts, like a few arena shows, will not be cancelled, only postponed

Owen Hart's premature demise was entirely preventable and regrettably, the business that was his life and his death will learn nothing from it. That is the greatest tragedy of all."

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cardboard Box posted:

it's an interesting but very sad read. i thought the quote that dave ended the article with was particularly powerful:

Dave Stubbs seems to think Owen died doing some violent or provocative thing in the ring?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

a big thing throughout the article is that a lot of people close to owen believe the stunt was just the product of the ratings war, an unnecessary risk that was just to get people talking

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm confused. How did Meltzer get worked?

WWE is using Wellness Policy as part of an angle.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

he didn't really get worked though. the wellness violation was real, and they're trying to use it to somehow get roman reigns over in an angle. that looks like exactly what meltzer said.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Cardboard Box posted:

he didn't really get worked though. the wellness violation was real, and they're trying to use it to somehow get roman reigns over in an angle. that looks like exactly what meltzer said.

Which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

"He's a rebel! He failed a drug test!"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

the policy violation is as real as WWE says it is. There's 0 transparency for these screenings and no mediation process for the affected person to challenge the rulings.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What Dave got worked by was some photoshop of a 24/7 special about Roman Reign's Redemption

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

CascadeBeta posted:

If he smashed a bong over triple HHHs head I would be more into rebel drug guy Roman

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

CascadeBeta posted:

I don't think that's the angle they intend to go with so much as 'he lost the title and got suspended, now watch him claw his way back to the top of the mountain!'

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Bryan didn't ask my Land of Giants question on Observer Radio. :mad:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

coconono posted:

the policy violation is as real as WWE says it is. There's 0 transparency for these screenings and no mediation process for the affected person to challenge the rulings.

i mean i think the idea that they would work a wellness violation to try to get him over is completely ridiculous, but thinking about it, wwe is a completely ridiculous company and also very desperate

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
More Pisscast please! There's only so many times I can listen to Karmine extol the virtues of Damien Sandow and how he'll be a mega star when he cashes in the MitB.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

i mean i think the idea that they would work a wellness violation to try to get him over is completely ridiculous, but thinking about it, wwe is a completely ridiculous company and also very desperate

But not desperate enough to flee the sinking ship that is Operation Make Roman The Guy.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I absolutely love the pisscast and desperately wish it was weekly. I would listen to raw audio of Skype calls during big shows.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

More Pisscast please! There's only so many times I can listen to Karmine extol the virtues of Damien Sandow and how he'll be a mega star when he cashes in the MitB.

The Pisscast is dead Jubs.

Bring back The Devcast

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bring back SNCJ. Bring back Euroresu. Bring back The Ten Count.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Where did the dudecast go?!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is the Bryan and Vinny commentary for Final Deletion for the regular version or the Director's Cut?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Capsaicin posted:

Is the Bryan and Vinny commentary for Final Deletion for the regular version or the Director's Cut?

Director's cut

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Capsaicin posted:

Someone already overlaid it with the march and put it on youtube or daily motion

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bring back Derailercast. Most stories about angry hillbillies and Dr Tom Prichard.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This is actually just all of the segments from the show edited together. Borash says there's even more footage that will be online exclusive

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

RaceyBucket posted:

Where did the dudecast go?!

Blank left the show to host the official Smash Burger podcast. Slapnuts is currently lost at sea. I'm currently accepting bookings for other Goon podcasts *cough cough*Captain Yesterday*cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

haha wow f4w actually flagged this for copyright thats incredible

• Locked thread