Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Oh sorry I've just received word that picking stages that don't lag is a Massive Problem for the stream audience, disregard the above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ryuga Death posted:

Training stage would be less of an issue if SF5 allowed you to turn on character themes in local vs matches. Have they patched that in yet?

haha

Yeah, the one reason why I'm actually "whatever, gently caress The Grid" is because I'm watching SFV more than I'm playing it and it's the same fuckin' loop for hours on end sometimes.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

btw real talk this is what I did with SFV and Xrd

I think I also did some player matches against like one person in each game but that was it.

This is what 95% of goons did with Xrd.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Like I would ever go online and have to share Elphelt with other people.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
She's actually less common online than you think, although given that there's like, a dozen people left who show up in PC online lobbies it's probably not a very representative body. Anecdotally, Sol/Leo/Millia/Sin are what I seem to get the most matchup practice against.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I heard there was gonna be a netcode patch for xrd revelator at some point, did that ever come out? I'd play the game online more, playing it at local meetups but not motivated to grind it with the so-so netcode it had at launch. Kept getting dropped/disconnected from player matches.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I think the key issue people have with playing the grid all the time is just that the sf4/5 versions of that stage are lame as hell from an asthetic standpoint.

If they were more like the grid featured in hit ps1 fighting game Evil Zone, it would be way more esports. Just listen to this dope music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj8wl48dlu8

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm coming to realize with people figuring out how to use characters online that arent out yet. You probably don't need to buy characters ever as you can probably just unlock them through some stupid bug or exploit and theres little to nothing capcom will be able to do about it.*

*at least on pc version

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

i know i did!!! in my defense i have to switch an hdmi cable to use my ps tho and the game is hard

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i know i did!!! in my defense i have to switch an hdmi cable sit in the living room to use my ps tho and the game is hard anime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only reason I haven't played Xrd in the last week ish is because I'm moving. You all have no excuse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like the phrasing on this last sentence "In addition to this, they also discussed the recently discovered glitch that gives Ibuki a few frames of invulnerability after landing from a whiffed air throw. They’ve stated that this is unintended and will be patched out in the near future. No date was given for when this fix will hit, but players have been urged to simply not use it."

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
maybe they should ban ibuki, that would really raise the esports legitimacy of evo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man I hope it's not patched before Evo. That would be awesome

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

In Training posted:

but players have been urged to simply not use it.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Anyone else run into this problem?

The game forces me to play in relay mode (3 dots) and every single match is now 100% unplayable for me. I've tried DMZ and I've tried my windows firewall, I'm out of ideas for what could be blocking things right now.

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Anyone else run into this problem?

The game forces me to play in relay mode (3 dots) and every single match is now 100% unplayable for me. I've tried DMZ and I've tried my windows firewall, I'm out of ideas for what could be blocking things right now.

I've only run into this while playing battle lounge with someone on the same connection as me. I don't think they made a fix for that so I don't know what to tell you. That sucks though.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

The problem is that the game worked perfectly fine beforehand and now most of my matches are completely hosed. I've even tried turning off windows firewall + router firewall + router DMZ all at once, but I still get relay. I'm really confused why this is happening.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

The problem is that the game worked perfectly fine beforehand and now most of my matches are completely hosed. I've even tried turning off windows firewall + router firewall + router DMZ all at once, but I still get relay. I'm really confused why this is happening.

Capcom is what happened. It was only a matter of time before they got to you.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

In Training posted:

players have been urged to simply not use it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The Ibuki air throw thing isn't really that big a deal and they should leave it in because this game is so boring that some silly obscure extremely situational broken poo poo is exactly what it needs.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Remember when they attempted to patch all that poo poo out or circumvent it in SF4 with Ultra and it made the game really loving boring.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
We at Capcom don't like a move, please just don't use it.
I mean, we're removing it later but for now just use anything else except the good thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nah, I'd rather play Ultra than AE 2012. Then again I played Rose so selfish reasons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The only reason I haven't played Xrd in the last week ish is because I'm moving. You all have no excuse

the sfv story ruined my desire to play fighters for a while

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Real hurthling! posted:

the sfv story ruined my desire to play fighters for a while

I have half a mind to make a Mr. Plinkett style review for that thing.
It's amazingly horrible in every single way. F.A.N.G is the only enjoyable thing in the whole 1.4 hour sham.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm definitely in no hurry to finish it, especially since they re-negged on giving everyone a characters worth of FM for finishing it. Or something else, either way they're a bunch of fuckers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Gorp posted:

I have half a mind to make a Mr. Plinkett style review for that thing.
It's amazingly horrible in every single way. F.A.N.G is the only enjoyable thing in the whole 1.4 hour sham.

One thing i was scratching my head over today was If its a prequel to a game with almost totally different characters why dont more of them die? Like necali is there to feed on warriors but never does. He just loses fights and melts away? Just a small part of the problem with the story but i can only nitpick because the bigger picture is so bad i cant look at it.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
wait you don't get any fight money after completing the story? I'm on the final act and it's been unbearable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zooted heh posted:

wait you don't get any fight money after completing the story? I'm on the final act and it's been unbearable.

You do but only if you dont skip. And even then its only 30k

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I'm reasonably sure you can skip, but you have to do the fights. It should say where you haven't got 100% completion.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Real hurthling! posted:

One thing i was scratching my head over today was If its a prequel to a game with almost totally different characters why dont more of them die? Like necali is there to feed on warriors but never does. He just loses fights and melts away? Just a small part of the problem with the story but i can only nitpick because the bigger picture is so bad i cant look at it.

1. The shadaloo base has a known location and looks like a big skull topographically, why not just shoot a missile at at. Karin used a satellite laser to kill bison in Alpha, and we have multiple people in the military. Just nuke the place.
2. Why don't we destroy the Dragonball McGuffins? We need them to shut the program down? Why bother having these loving things at all? If regardless of who gets them all 6 are meeting at the same location who cares?
3. There is a program that needs to be enacted for these orbs to fall, rather than to keep them in orbit. This can be canceled. Does the earth just have 5 super weapons floating over it now?
4. Dhalsim is not a mugger, he just wants that thing that you have in your possession. Give it to him. I'm not a mugger.
5. Juri picks up Cammy in Brazil on an off-road bike, and rides it across the ocean to Brittian where she crashes through a subway entrance, only to be caught by Claw who followed them on foot.
6. The password to the computer has a period at the end of it. You need to type the password followed by a period or it doesn't work. Jesus Christ.

There is so much more, every single scene that doesn't have F.A.N.G takes itself too seriously and is total rear end.
I can't believe this story mode in my fighting game.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jmcrofts posted:

Add me to that list

bought it because everyone in the thread said xrd a page or so

i was wrong

i was wrong to listen

if anyone that ever said xrd feels a little bad, I will feel a little better

in sf5 news, I read this thread, yet havent bothered to load the game since Mar 31, somethings just not bringing me back. Its that every player you meet plays identically; there's not really much room for doing anything but the one "best" combo. This isnt true all the time, obviously, but it feels that way.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im also a story mode cutscene skipper, so no interest in watching load times between easy as gently caress matches vs their terrible AI

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Madcosby posted:

in sf5 news, I read this thread, yet havent bothered to load the game since Mar 31, somethings just not bringing me back

I mean this thread is probably more negative about SF5 than anywhere else I've seen so that's not very surprising

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
do you not get fm for finishing the new storymode?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes, you do. I bought the beach stage off finishing the story twice

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean this thread is probably more negative about SF5 than anywhere else I've seen so that's not very surprising

I meanwhile still play this game on the reg and bought all the costume dlc. Shameful

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Goetta posted:

Yes, you do. I bought the beach stage off finishing the story twice

wait, you can farm the story mode for FM more than once? (not that anybody would)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

wait, you can farm the story mode for FM more than once? (not that anybody would)

You have to do all the fights again in hard mode. It was pretty not fun since the hard CPU has instant reaction speed to everything and I don't know many characters, so a lot of it for me was doing a bunch of matches with characters I didn't know trying to find whatever hole in the AI logic existed for that matchup. It would have been more fun at a slightly easier difficulty so that you can actually learn everyone a bit instead of just like sitting in a corner spamming a button that gets walked into endlessly.