Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Has Trump released the speaker list for the convention yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Christie's not even going to pretend to be governor anymore, trump needs a daily handjob guy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Can't Boot The Newt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rocks posted:

Has Trump released the speaker list for the convention yet

Nope.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Kasich would actually do very well head to head against Clinton, but the thing those polls don't take into account are the fact that Trump won and if they screw him out of the nomination, they lose the tea party completely, setting up this weird mish mosh where Johnson would get better than middling support and Trump becomes a wildcard where anything is possible, maybe even running as the libertarian candidate. Dems stay unified, Kasich maybe wins Ohio then wins the deep red states like Montana and West Virginia, Libertarian takes Utah and splits the vote enough to give Hillary Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Kansas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

pathetic little tramp posted:

Kasich would actually do very well head to head against Clinton, but the thing those polls don't take into account are the fact that Trump won and if they screw him out of the nomination, they lose the tea party completely, setting up this weird mish mosh where Johnson would get better than middling support and Trump becomes a wildcard where anything is possible, maybe even running as the libertarian candidate. Dems stay unified, Kasich maybe wins Ohio then wins the deep red states like Montana and West Virginia, Libertarian takes Utah and splits the vote enough to give Hillary Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Kansas

dont worry, bill kristol is completely delusional.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
can't dispute the newt

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Wait, wait, I'm hearing reports now that Trump is considering General Jack D. Ripper for his VP slot

Doubt it, he's stated that he believes in amnesty for the undocumented multiple times. Apparently the Catholic Mexicans are naturally inclined to oppose communism.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Rocks posted:

Has Trump released filled the speaker list for the convention yet
Fixed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Trump is going to name Newt, Pence, Flynn, and Christie as his combined VP.

They will rotate on a 15-minute basis except for Christie, who gets to be VP only on Sundays from 12:00 to 12:01 AM.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Deteriorata posted:

They will rotate on a 15-minute basis except for Christie, who gets to be VP only on Sundays from 12:00 to 12:01 AM.

He's not going to do this, but one interesting thing would be for him to propose a list of nominees and let the convention delegates decide.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atrocious Joe posted:

Doubt it, he's stated that he believes in amnesty for the undocumented multiple times. Apparently the Catholic Mexicans are naturally inclined to oppose communism.

well, in the sense that elements of the Mexican peasantry have a history of taking the socially conservative side in civil conflicts, there's some basis for that

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

*VAPES*

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

He's not going to do this, but one interesting thing would be for him to propose a list of nominees and let the convention delegates decide.

Don't let the cable networks hear about this idea, we won't hear the end of it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

I agree with almost all of this wtf.

jr i think your brain is starting to break down because all the jebness inside you

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/752207752852832256

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And you know who runs a world of the make believe? A KING! OBAMA THINKS HE'S ROYALTY!!

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Deteriorata posted:

Show me there in the rulebook it says you can't have more than one VP!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
For a guy who's days late on his convention speaker deadline, he sure has a lot of free time to do nothing on Twitter.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
Yikes, Mr Rogers would not approve of the Trump campaign. A truly damning indictment.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

holy poo poo. really.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Defiance posted:

Yikes, Mr Rogers would not approve of the Trump campaign. A truly damning indictment.

Mr. Rogers when asked about DJ Trump:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

holy poo poo. really.

Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/752211419634933760

Just release the convention speakers list, Don, I promise not to laugh.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MC Nietzche posted:

Mr. Rogers when asked about DJ Trump:

wow. he actualy did that. never saw him as someone who would do crude humor.(love mr.rodgers)

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Man if Paul Ryan actually gets primaried. How the gently caress are they ever going to find someone credible to replace him.

The Republican speaker position is going to end up like being a Kamikaze.

Before they walk into the chamber and pick up the gavel for the first time, they'll have to drink a bowl of sake and write a farewell Haiku.

Edit:

'Trump Supporters
Expectations Unreal
Career is over'

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 10, 2016

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tautologicus posted:

Preventing people on the federal no fly list from buying any weapon was the latest thing he proposed. And i thought he was going to stay away from the gay marriage debacle, although federal courts overruling state courts about gay marriage bans seems to be a violation of states rights, which trump has also expressed a number of opinions about (marijuana being another one)

out of curiosity, how did you feel about the Defense of Marriage Act?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

i'm getting dizzy...

etalian posted:

Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Deptfordx posted:

Man if Paul Ryan actually gets primaried. How the gently caress are they ever going to find someone credible to replace him.

The Republican speaker position is going to end up like being a Kamikaze.

Before they walk into the chamber and pick up the gavel for the first time, they'll have to drink a bowl of sake and write a farewell Haiku.

Maybe they'll make one of the Koch brothers speaker, they can elect a private citizen to that position right? Or do they need to be in congress?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

Isn't that a House of Cards episode?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It would be pretty cool if Newt got humiliated by a second Clinton.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Slate Action posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/752211419634933760

Just release the convention speakers list, Don, I promise not to laugh.

It better be the Long Form speakers list. :colbert:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
If I say "it is Wednesday" the dishonest media will post "trump states what day of the week it is" when in reality I was answering my own internal question, which was "what was the name of the daughter in the Addams family?"

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PleasingFungus posted:

out of curiosity, how did you feel about the Defense of Marriage Act?

Did? I was 11. My opinions are complicated and at this point contradictory, but at the end of the day I believe that marriage is primarily about family. There are outliers but family and children is the reason people ought to be compelled to get married. Personally I am against gay couples intentionally going out and adopting or looking for sperm donors because one of the parents can not be the genetic parent and I think parents being the genetic parents of their children is important, although of course there are always outliers, but they should not be encouraged. Special cases should remain special cases, yet everyone should be accepting of them on a case by case basis. I don't support widespread adoption, sperm donation, egg donation, or any other general confusions introduced into parenting and childbirth. Lineages including behavior, emotional patterns, inclinations and so on are passed down from parent to child and that continuity is important for many reasons, to do otherwise introduces chaos and confusion into human societies.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wow. he actualy did that. never saw him as someone who would do crude humor.(love mr.rodgers)

He was doing a counting on fingers game and the double middle fingers was the next logical step. He realizes what's happening and cracks up as he looks at the camera but keeps going.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
I was kind of with you on the mental health debate, at least I understood what you were driving at, but being opposed to adoption is pretty hosed up? I mean, how can you not support widespread adoption? The kids would just end up abandoned and stuck in a lovely government-run system.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deptfordx posted:

'Trump Supporters
Expectations Unreal
Career is over'

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Tautologicus posted:

Did? I was 11. My opinions are complicated and at this point contradictory, but at the end of the day I believe that marriage is primarily about family. There are outliers but family and children is the reason people ought to be compelled to get married. Personally I am against gay couples intentionally going out and adopting or looking for sperm donors because one of the parents can not be the genetic parent and I think parents being the genetic parents of their children is important, although of course there are always outliers, but they should not be encouraged. Special cases should remain special cases, yet everyone should be accepting of them on a case by case basis. I don't support widespread adoption, sperm donation, egg donation, or any other general confusions introduced into parenting and childbirth. Lineages including behavior, emotional patterns, inclinations and so on are passed down from parent to child and that continuity is important for many reasons, to do otherwise introduces chaos and confusion into human societies.

This is possibly the most regressive post I've seen on here.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Defiance posted:

I was kind of with you on the mental health debate, at least I understood what you were driving at, but being opposed to adoption is pretty hosed up? I mean, how can you not support widespread adoption? The kids would just end up abandoned and stuck in a lovely government-run system.

i'm not opposed to adoption in the sense of banning it, im opposed to widespread adoption as kind of "we must do this" idea. a good friend of mine, now kind of in the past but a lot of things feel in the past now, he was adopted from a south american country and ive just seen his identity issues growing up from his mid teens to now, 15 years, issues ive never seen in anyone who knew their parents. was a street kid in his home country but at least that was his home country. i dunno, not therefore everyone has crippling identity issues, but the point is the general rule i think is that genetic parents ought to be far preferable to the alternatives.

there's things like primitive villages raising kids between the community, and israeli kibbutzes and so on, and those are tight knit groups and it comes out to the same thing. but i think grabbing a kid from a thousand miles away and sticking them in another cultuer with new parents, with all fo their behavior encoded from their actual parents in their dna, they dont know where any fo their issues come from, they have no continuity. i can't be for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Honestly though I think this is the first legitimately smart choice presented. To a lot of people, McChrystal is a reliable witness to Obama and Clinton's failing on security and foreign policy. He provides a sense of authority to Trump's bullshit.

There's tons of people who fit this description. Most would not be willing to be associated with Trump.

• Locked thread