Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Malachite_Dragon posted:

No gently caress you I want to live

Look at this pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

maffew buildings posted:

Look at this pussy

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Malachite_Dragon posted:

No gently caress you I want to live

gently caress those virgin quitters

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Fortunately the :downsbravo:APOCOLYPSE:downsbravo:-jerk is pretty easy to tune out.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

making dumb political statements in uniform, not just for white people anymore.

So what's going to happen to this person? Kicked out? Stern talking too?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Goddamn I surrender to your amazing use of eyeliner.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Not happy just making political statements in uniform? Better gently caress around with a gun too.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Nicetalga4Meltdown posted:

Fortunately the :downsbravo:APOCOLYPSE:downsbravo:-jerk is pretty easy to tune out.

If you think I'm joking about praying for the nuclear holocaust your very wrong.

Very.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

If you think I'm joking about praying for the nuclear holocaust your very wrong.

Very.

Fallout is not going to be as fun in real life dude.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I figure there's gonna be a lot more violent deformed mutant sodomy.

Basically mad max I guess but no one gets to play max.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Patrick Spens posted:

If the person talking to her is white, it'll just be another talking to from The Man, which she'll ignore.

If it's a brother, he'll say he understands but to cut that poo poo out while in uniform.

If it's a LGBTQIA, then she first gets the talk from above, depending on race, then a rant about how it's not boys and girls that are allowed to get married anymore and it's inappropriate to assume the gender of the one being shot and who will be the surviving parent.

I'm guessing stern talking to and possibly minor paperwork.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
She should get masted and lose rank.

She will probably get an LoR.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

Fallout is not going to be as fun in real life dude.

Who says we want to survive the exchange?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

those are two different people

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

those are two different people

Yeah, the Wook is probably gonna get NJP'd the Soldier is probably gonna get asked why they have a fire arm in base housing that hasn't been registered with the post. Because 90% of lower enlisted with hand guns never think to check regs on actually keeping them in housing

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

chemosh6969 posted:

If the person talking to her is white, it'll just be another talking to from The Man, which she'll ignore.

If it's a brother, he'll say he understands but to cut that poo poo out while in uniform.

If it's a LGBTQIA, then she first gets the talk from above, depending on race, then a rant about how it's not boys and girls that are allowed to get married anymore and it's inappropriate to assume the gender of the one being shot and who will be the surviving parent.

I'm guessing stern talking to and possibly minor paperwork.

What the gently caress does LGBTQIA stand for?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgender
Genderqueer
Intersex
Asexual

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

why does asexual need to be a part of it, realtalk

like can i join the naacp because of my lack of blackness

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I believe it's because it's a lack of any sexual identity or preference, therefore it wouldn't fall into any category of the LGBTQIA BBQ/TIA acronym.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

like can i join the naacp because of my lack of blackness

It's not easy being ace

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Same except 'genderqueer' and 'intersex'. I don't know what they are but they both sound like "What I consider my gender to be and the genders of people whom I gently caress differ from the conventional way it's done". :toot: Go for it, do your thing. I'm just picturing a parent screaming at a sobbing teenager "NO you can't date her, you KNOW we're intersexual and they're genderqueer AND THAT'S FINAL"

If someone knows the difference and wants to explain it to a goddamn caveman then :allears: otherwise please more military people doing really dumb poo poo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

hogmartin posted:

Same except 'genderqueer' and 'intersex'. I don't know what they are but they both sound like "What I consider my gender to be and the genders of people whom I gently caress differ from the conventional way it's done". :toot: Go for it, do your thing. I'm just picturing a parent screaming at a sobbing teenager "NO you can't date her, you KNOW we're intersexual and they're genderqueer AND THAT'S FINAL"

If someone knows the difference and wants to explain it to a goddamn caveman then :allears: otherwise please more military people doing really dumb poo poo.

LGBT makes sense, but the rest is literally just kids wanting to be special fairy princesses and/or what happens when autism gets in your sexual spectrum

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

hogmartin posted:

Intersex is not a preference thing, it's literally someone born with ambiguous genitals/are some combination of chromosomes other than XX/XY. Genderqueer is a catchall for the various flavors of non-binary identity, including stuff like the various third-genders in Native American tradition.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
It's the gender / orientation equality version of this: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/10/halfway-heroes-near-veterans-seek-recognition-for-almost-serving-in-military/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hogmartin posted:

"Genderqueer" is a term for someone who doesn't really feel male or female, like a trans person who feels equally apart from both of the established genders.

An intersex person is actually a medical thing, what a lot of people call a hermaphrodite. They end up with genitalia and reproductive systems that don't firmly fall under male or female. They suffer a lot of problems in society, one of which is surgeons and/or parents deciding that the baby that came out with ambiguous genitals needs some surgical work to "fix" them.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Oh, thanks, that clears that up. It never occurred to me that there would be a category for people who are actually biologically ambiguous.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, the Wook is probably gonna get NJP'd the Soldier is probably gonna get asked why they have a fire arm in base housing that hasn't been registered with the post. Because 90% of lower enlisted with hand guns never think to check regs on actually keeping them in housing

I forgot I was military in a different age and also Air Force. We just got hung up on drinking and adultery.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Booblord Zagats posted:

LGBT makes sense, but the rest is literally just kids wanting to be special fairy princesses and/or what happens when autism gets in your sexual spectrum

In the list I found, A was for ally, where you're not one of them but you support them. In the ally training we had to go through, the instructor listed whatever list of letters was the most common at that time but she also said that it's always changing and different groups might not include some people. Like you can have some gay rights groups that are completely loving against bisexuals because you have to either be a lesbian or a gay guy.

When I was working at a college, I was working on a scholarship application and our director wanted me to find every single gender that anyone could ever self-identify with. Once I had my list up to a few dozen, and still being able to find more, I was able to talk her into just doing male/female/decline to answer. We didn't have any scholarships that asked for anything other than male/female, so I figure we could add in more if we had any new ones that started asking for other stuff.

She also wanted the application to be tested in every version of every browser in existence. I wasn't sad when she finally retired.

chemosh6969 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 11, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hogmartin posted:

Oh, thanks, that clears that up. It never occurred to me that there would be a category for people who are actually biologically ambiguous.

There's not a lot of conversation about it. For the longest time, babies born with ambiguous or strange genitals would have surgery done on them as a matter of course to make them more normal. Sometimes this surgery didn't work right and they ended up mutilated.

chemosh6969 posted:

In the list I found, A was for ally, where you're not one of them but you support them. In the ally training we had to go through, the instructor listed whatever list of letters was the most common at that time but she also said that it's always changing and different groups might not include some people. Like you can have some gay rights groups that are completely loving against bisexuals because you have to either be a lesbian or a gay guy.

We're in a pretty radical time in terms of gender theory, since we've only just hit the time when first-world countries are starting to question the old theories on gender and sexuality and (more importantly) stop viewing everything other than straight and cisgender as an abomination unto God. Bisexuals (which I kinda am?) get shat on a lot even by gay people for "not picking a side" or being a "traitor" for having a heterosexual relationship, and some even think bisexuals don't exist at all and they just haven't decided on their sexuality yet.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Bisexuals (which I kinda am?) get shat on a lot even by gay people for "not picking a side" or being a "traitor" for having a heterosexual relationship, and some even think bisexuals don't exist at all and they just haven't decided on their sexuality yet.

Yeah, I only tangentially get involved in this sort of thing (and try to tread softly when I do), but there does seem to be a lot of back-biting about who's legitimate or what.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

chitoryu12 posted:

An intersex person is actually a medical thing, what a lot of people call a hermaphrodite. They end up with genitalia and reproductive systems that don't firmly fall under male or female. They suffer a lot of problems in society, one of which is surgeons and/or parents deciding that the baby that came out with ambiguous genitals needs some surgical work to "fix" them.

Not ashamed to admit I didn't know about much about intersex, as a concept past "it's gots both doodads!", until that article on Cracked.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If whoever you're talking to keeps adding letters after the T that's your clue to ignore them.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Casimir Radon posted:

If whoever you're talking to keeps adding letters after the T that's your clue to ignore them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Ugh, just gently caress who you want unless they don't want to in which case don't.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's basically my go to behaviour when people begin to try and force whatever brand of their bullshit is on me. Ignore them, get up and walk away when they are in the middle of a diatribe, play with my phone, read a book.

Don't give them what they want, which is attention.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It must really suck for LGBT people when random other groups try hitching their trailer to their cause. I've seen all sorts of internet randos try to legitimize their cause by hopping on, furries are the worst, but asexuals are pretty bad about it too. Most asexuals are just dorks that can't get women to touch their dicks so they decide it's because they CHOOSE not to have women touch their dicks, and then there are the actual people with legitimately no sexual drive for various medical reasons just kind of lost in a sea of obnoxious nerds complaining about Those Sexuals having sex with each other all the time like the real world is like some National Lampoon direct to DVD movie.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Internet Wizard posted:

It must really suck for LGBT people when random other groups try hitching their trailer to their cause. I've seen all sorts of internet randos try to legitimize their cause by hopping on, furries are the worst, but asexuals are pretty bad about it too. Most asexuals are just dorks that can't get women to touch their dicks so they decide it's because they CHOOSE not to have women touch their dicks, and then there are the actual people with legitimately no sexual drive for various medical reasons just kind of lost in a sea of obnoxious nerds complaining about Those Sexuals having sex with each other all the time like the real world is like some National Lampoon direct to DVD movie.

I have a friend who is female and asexual. C'mon now.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

CommieGIR posted:

Is she fat and ugly?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CommieGIR posted:

That's just what she's telling you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

CommieGIR posted:

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's just what she's telling you.

Bum the Sad posted:

Is she fat and ugly?