Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
Just switched from the old 3GB plan to the new 2GB, and my employer discount did apply to the $35 plan. Knocked around $10 off my monthly bill, and that'll probably be good enough until my wife's Sprint contract is done and we get her a new phone on my plan. Rollover data might be handy, I skipped the $5 data overage add-on. I always just bump my plan on the fly if I'm going over, so I'm not worried about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
It's going to be interesting to see how usable 128kbps is. I have Opera installed on my phone and it has a bandwidth saving mode that can cut the amount of data loaded for a web page down 90% but at the cost of operability on many web sites. Still not bad if I just want to look something up quick or check the news.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I'm holding onto my More Everything 15GB plan for 81 a month (with my work discount) for as long as possible. I'm happy I snagged that deal when it was there.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Do you think they'll still offer a promotional gig for a year via the loyalty department? Just dropped from M --> S starting next billing cycle. Yay $7.90 savings - tax! Also, my 21% Honda of America discount applies to the data bucket too.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Wickerman posted:

Do you think they'll still offer a promotional gig for a year via the loyalty department? Just dropped from M --> S starting next billing cycle. Yay $7.90 savings - tax! Also, my 21% Honda of America discount applies to the data bucket too.

No way to know besides asking. Jury is out on if they will have retention offers for the new plans, we will just see as time goes by.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Biodome posted:

Duckman, question. I'm on a more everything 10GB plan with a bonus 10GB promotion that expires this cycle, so in a few days. I'd like to switch to the new XL plan but if I switch right now I'll lose my bonus data. Is there a way to post date the change or set it to change right when my cycle ends?

Thank you.

Future date it. It'll say it's getting removed but it won't get removed until your plan cycles in that few days.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 7, 2016

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Oh great and powerful Duckman, if you could sanity check this math for me, I'd be grateful :worship:

Contract end date 8/15/2016
Currently on More Everything 3GB + 2GB Promo data ->$60/month
19% discount for being a local government employee -> -$11.90 on above
2 lines, smartphones (1 Android, 1 iPhone), Asurion active on both phones -> $51.00 x 2 = $102

With tax/fees/etc. my monthly bill averages around $167 a month.

I'm trying reduce my bill if possible, so what I was contemplating was going to the new 2GB plan. I checked the last 6 months of data usage, and we've used 4.419 gigs between both phones, with an average monthly use of 0.737 gigs and a max high of 1.047 gigs. Also, I would like to get a LG G5 if possible, I'm fine with another 2 year contract or Edge or whatever but my mom (who has the iPhone) doesn't want a new phone. So the per line charge on hers should go down $20 ? And also cancelling the Asurion on both lines would be another $22 a month. If I did the math right, I should be able to lower my bill by $67 a month.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MREBoy posted:

Oh great and powerful Duckman, if you could sanity check this math for me, I'd be grateful :worship:

Contract end date 8/15/2016
Currently on More Everything 3GB + 2GB Promo data ->$60/month
19% discount for being a local government employee -> -$11.90 on above
2 lines, smartphones (1 Android, 1 iPhone), Asurion active on both phones -> $51.00 x 2 = $102

With tax/fees/etc. my monthly bill averages around $167 a month.

I'm trying reduce my bill if possible, so what I was contemplating was going to the new 2GB plan. I checked the last 6 months of data usage, and we've used 4.419 gigs between both phones, with an average monthly use of 0.737 gigs and a max high of 1.047 gigs. Also, I would like to get a LG G5 if possible, I'm fine with another 2 year contract or Edge or whatever but my mom (who has the iPhone) doesn't want a new phone. So the per line charge on hers should go down $20 ? And also cancelling the Asurion on both lines would be another $22 a month. If I did the math right, I should be able to lower my bill by $67 a month.

Yeah, you def need to change plans.

Current plan:
$60 for 3GB
$40 + 11
$40 + 11

New plan:
$35 for 2GB
$20 + whatever the G5 is monthly
$20

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, you def need to change plans.

That's what I figured, thanks for confirming :tipshat: . I was looking online, and the per month on a G5 is apparently $26, and a V10 is $28. What sort of differences are there between them besides the V10 being 64GB stock, physically bigger and having a weaker battery, and the G5 being able to use add on modules apparently ?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Yo Duckman I am about in mid-cycle on my old contract. For the most seamless experience and minimal billing weirdness should I:

- Change plans just before my current cycle ends
- Change plans just after my current cycle ends and a new month starts
- none of the above

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MREBoy posted:

That's what I figured, thanks for confirming :tipshat: . I was looking online, and the per month on a G5 is apparently $26, and a V10 is $28. What sort of differences are there between them besides the V10 being 64GB stock, physically bigger and having a weaker battery, and the G5 being able to use add on modules apparently ?

Personally I would say neither, I don't like LG phones. The G5 is newer and it got not great reviews.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/lg-g5-review-an-interesting-idea-shoddily-executed/

Which always happens with LG, they seem to just have something wrong, and their support sucks. No lie, I never sell LG, so I don't even know what the V10 specs are.

If you want android get the Samsung S7 or the Google Nexus 6P. The Turbo 2 will get replaced in the next few months, so I wouldn't recommend Motorola until their new phones come out. Oh, and apparently the HTC 10 got good reviews, but that's another company with questionable long term support.

Three-Phase posted:

Yo Duckman I am about in mid-cycle on my old contract. For the most seamless experience and minimal billing weirdness should I:

- Change plans just before my current cycle ends
- Change plans just after my current cycle ends and a new month starts
- none of the above

Depends on where you are going. Verizon doesn't do mid month changes (unless the system messes up) so you can either back date or forward date. No need to wait since it's the same at whatever point in the month.

If you are going to a cheaper monthly plan, def backdate. It'll backdate the savings and you'll get s little money back. If you are going to a higher plan, then that's just your choice. If you are over data, backdate so you don't get am overage. Just keep in mind if you backdate a higher plan, you'll get that bit more next month.

Example: everyone pays in advance. So if you plan is $100, you already paid $100 last month for this current cycle. If you decide you want more data for this cycle you backdate it. So if you go to the $110 plan, next month you will see the normal $110 plan that you switched to for the month in advance, plus the difference of the plan for the month you paid for, in this case $110 charged, $100 credited, so it's $10 higher. If you went to a $90 plan, it would be $10 lower.

So I backdated to go to the new plan (that was higher) because we are close to our data. Some people future date. Just a choice.

Edit: I looked back and you're on the Loyalty plan. Call care and they'll switch the plan for you, but sometimes the loyalty plans only let you future date. Just FYI. But either way, just call now and get it set is what I would do.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 8, 2016

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Gotcha. Can I stop in or schedule an appointment at a Verizon store (one of the official ones) to do this as well? I've had good luck doing that in the past.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Three-Phase posted:

Gotcha. Can I stop in or schedule an appointment at a Verizon store (one of the official ones) to do this as well? I've had good luck doing that in the past.

Yeah just stop a Corp store and you'll be fine.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!

Duckman2008 posted:

Example: everyone pays in advance. So if you plan is $100, you already paid $100 last month for this current cycle. If you decide you want more data for this cycle you backdate it. So if you go to the $110 plan, next month you will see the normal $110 plan that you switched to for the month in advance, plus the difference of the plan for the month you paid for, in this case $110 charged, $100 credited, so it's $10 higher. If you went to a $90 plan, it would be $10 lower.

If you do this because of a one-month overage, you can backdate the higher plan, then go back a day or two later and future date a change back to your normal plan. You'll only get billed for the actual single-month "upgrade" this way. That's how I handled my switch in May for a weeklong trip.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PitViper posted:

If you do this because of a one-month overage, you can backdate the higher plan, then go back a day or two later and future date a change back to your normal plan. You'll only get billed for the actual single-month "upgrade" this way. That's how I handled my switch in May for a weeklong trip.

Correct. Keep in mind if you have what is now the old TShirt plans, like $80 for 12, once you switch you can't go back though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Does Verizon place a limit on the number of plan changes a year?

With rollover data, it seems you could save some money if you use between 8-12gb data a month by changing plan every month.

Assume 12gb usage.

Month 1: XL Plan (16gb)
Month 2: L Plan (8gb) + 4gb rollover from previous month

Wash, rinse, repeat.

$20 extra every other month sure beats the hell out of overages or constantly having more data than you need. Only catches I could see is if they prevent you from changing plans that often or if they cancel out the previous month's rollover data when you change plans the next month.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Does Verizon have any plans for changes to their abominable Homefusion service caps?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Does Verizon place a limit on the number of plan changes a year?

With rollover data, it seems you could save some money if you use between 8-12gb data a month by changing plan every month.

Assume 12gb usage.

Month 1: XL Plan (16gb)
Month 2: L Plan (8gb) + 4gb rollover from previous month

Wash, rinse, repeat.

$20 extra every other month sure beats the hell out of overages or constantly having more data than you need. Only catches I could see is if they prevent you from changing plans that often or if they cancel out the previous month's rollover data when you change plans the next month.

Carry over is very new, but if Verizon is like ATT, you lose your rollover if you change plans. You can change plans as much as you like, but you might not keep rollover.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Does Verizon have any plans for changes to their abominable Homefusion service caps?

Edit: ok, home internet through LTE. No, not at any time in the near future. Unlimited home internet through wireless is every czrrier's dream (both Verizon and ATT talk about it a lot), but you probably won't see it until whatever 5G is hits. Not enough speed and capacity yet.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jul 9, 2016

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

I'm being forced to switch back to Verizon due to relocating to the cellular-forsaken land of SW Wisconsin. I had a couple small questions about getting going:

1) OK, so are contracts just not a thing anymore? Is there a difference between pre-paid and post-paid anymore besides the plan specifics and when you pay?

2) I'm trying to have this plan start as soon as I can to the end of my Cricket cycle. If you order online when does your post-paid plan start? Is it not until you activate with the SIM? I was hoping to order it now and then just turn it on with activation in a few days.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HondaCivet posted:

I'm being forced to switch back to Verizon due to relocating to the cellular-forsaken land of SW Wisconsin. I had a couple small questions about getting going:

1) OK, so are contracts just not a thing anymore? Is there a difference between pre-paid and post-paid anymore besides the plan specifics and when you pay?

2) I'm trying to have this plan start as soon as I can to the end of my Cricket cycle. If you order online when does your post-paid plan start? Is it not until you activate with the SIM? I was hoping to order it now and then just turn it on with activation in a few days.

Contracts are still technically there, but they'll pretty much always be more expensive so no point.

Post paid vs prepaid: as you mentioned, different pay cycles. Post paid you can pay the phone in month,y installments. Post paid gets carry over data. If you only need 2 or 5GB prepaid is a little cheaper if you are willing to buy the phone outright.

Post paid waits until you activate it. Both online and in store can do that, although whether in store reps know that I couldn't tell you. So if you order phone, it doesn't activate until you turn said phone on (but as soon as it turns on it might switch and start charging you).

I think the $100 new line credit is still running on postpaid, so if you switch to postpaid Verizon you'll get $100.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Duckman2008 posted:

Unlimited home internet through wireless is every user's dream (that would kill the cellular, landline, and cable company's dollars-for-megabytes golden geese) but you probably won't see it until there's a new gamma product that completely destroys the status quo.

I made a few small corrections.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 10, 2016

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Duckman2008 posted:

Contracts are still technically there, but they'll pretty much always be more expensive so no point.

Post paid vs prepaid: as you mentioned, different pay cycles. Post paid you can pay the phone in month,y installments. Post paid gets carry over data. If you only need 2 or 5GB prepaid is a little cheaper if you are willing to buy the phone outright.

Post paid waits until you activate it. Both online and in store can do that, although whether in store reps know that I couldn't tell you. So if you order phone, it doesn't activate until you turn said phone on (but as soon as it turns on it might switch and start charging you).

I think the $100 new line credit is still running on postpaid, so if you switch to postpaid Verizon you'll get $100.

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I'm bringing my own unlocked Verizon-compatible phone (Moto X Pure Edition). So if they send me a SIM my plan won't start until I put it in my phone and activate?

How do you get the $100? I don't see it mentioned on their page or anything. Is it just automatic?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HondaCivet posted:

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I'm bringing my own unlocked Verizon-compatible phone (Moto X Pure Edition). So if they send me a SIM my plan won't start until I put it in my phone and activate?

How do you get the $100? I don't see it mentioned on their page or anything. Is it just automatic?

Sorry, the $100 promo ended a day or two ago, I didn't realize that it was over :(

SIM shouldn't activate until you pop it in phone or call the activation number in the box.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ok so, my 1.3 year old droid turbo appears to have a LCD leak (http://i.imgur.com/mZZEOfR.jpg) making it completely useless. With that in mind, I can either go back to my old galaxy note 2 that's slow as hell, or upgrade.

Right now I'm on a 3 line plan w/ my wife and mom, and our data fluctuates wildly. We're on the 6gb plan that got upgraded to 10gb for free, and I used to hit 10gb all the time but haven't lately, but I'd like to stay on that plan.

As to my phone - I signed a 2 year contract when I got the turbo at best buy. Where can I see what it costs to break/buy out the contract on the website? If it's reasonably cheap I could just get a new phone on their new installment plans instead of waiting.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 12, 2016

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

It would be a shame of that screen broke since you know they would have to replace it for free...

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DangerZoneDelux posted:

It would be a shame of that screen broke since you know they would have to replace it for free...

Nope, I'm the lucky guy who's excluded from that program. Verizon was out of stock when I went to buy it, best buy only had the one color, and wouldn't you know, that screen replacement program doesn't cover ballistic nylon blue from best buy (what I have). Fantastic.

Since I bought it at BB is there any way to see the remaining buyout on the contract? I need to get a sim card today and go to a verizon store, should I just be heading to BB instead?

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 12, 2016

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

Nope, I'm the lucky guy who's excluded from that program. Verizon was out of stock when I went to buy it, best buy only had the one color, and wouldn't you know, that screen replacement program doesn't cover ballistic nylon blue from best buy (what I have). Fantastic.

Since I bought it at BB is there any way to see the remaining buyout on the contract? I need to get a sim card today and go to a verizon store, should I just be heading to BB instead?

Verizon doesn't do buy outs of two year contracts. You can't pay a cash amount to buy it out.

You can go to a store and see if there are early upgrade options. That being said, most early upgrade options are with phone trade in, and I'd def be hesitant to say they'll do a phone trade if the phone you have is defective.

Sometimes managers will offer an early upgrade to payment plan with adding a line, but that's both subjective to them and to whether you're willing to do that.

Alternatively, a Nexus 5x is $220 from Fi, and you can then cancel Fi service?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Made the switch to XXL today (previously 20GB). Ended up saving $25/month because XXL doesn't charge extra for "Enterprise Data rapeAccess".

So +4GB, +CarryOver Data, +Safety Mode (for when my FIL's Yahoo! Mail shits the bed again), +Canada/Mexico usage (I work less than a mile from Windsor), -$15 for data, -$10 overall.

We don't use the Verizon Cloud stuff, so the 5GB vs 15GB didn't do anything.

Also backdated, so my next bill will be less.

Congratulations, Verizon, you did something not entirely lovely for your customers for once. Keep it up.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Duckman2008 posted:

Verizon doesn't do buy outs of two year contracts. You can't pay a cash amount to buy it out.

You can go to a store and see if there are early upgrade options. That being said, most early upgrade options are with phone trade in, and I'd def be hesitant to say they'll do a phone trade if the phone you have is defective.

Sometimes managers will offer an early upgrade to payment plan with adding a line, but that's both subjective to them and to whether you're willing to do that.

Alternatively, a Nexus 5x is $220 from Fi, and you can then cancel Fi service?

That makes very little sense.

So to break it down:
I signed a 2 year contract w/ best buy for verizon carrier in april of 2015, ending april 2017. This subsidized the purchase of my phone.
If I want to switch to another carrier, that's fine, but I'll pay the remainder of the pro-rated subsidy immediately.
If I want to switch to another plan on verizon (i.e. buy a phone from them on installment and use the bring your own device plan) I can't?
If I want to switch back to my old ancient phone..that's ok? Then I wait til next may and switch to the bring your own device plan?
If I want to buy a $150 amazon motorola 4g phone and activate it...that's ok? Then I wait til next may and switch to the bring your own device plan?

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Depending on how attached to that particular phone you are, used Turbos can be had on Swappa for 160-180. A replacement LCD from China is about 152 on eBay, and they aren't hard to install at all.

Do you want a new device, or do you just want a working phone similar/the same as what you have?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wickerman posted:

Depending on how attached to that particular phone you are, used Turbos can be had on Swappa for 160-180. A replacement LCD from China is about 152 on eBay, and they aren't hard to install at all.

Do you want a new device, or do you just want a working phone similar/the same as what you have?

Well, I went in to the store and they immediately offered to warranty exchange it without me asking. So I'm kind of rolling the dice here - maybe they loosened their policy? Otherwise I'll end up having a big fight with them in a few months after they receive my returned phone and suddenly decide not to cover it. I took a picture of the warranty return receipt just for safekeeping.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I was a little frustrated that trying to add an unlocked Nexus 5X (brand new) to my account was such a hassle. I went into the store to get a nano SIM because my phone only has a Micro SIM. The first lady denied me saying it wouldn't take the IMEI because it's different or something, and I was like "it says that it works fine on Verizon, and others were able to add the phone just fine?" and she again explains it doesn't populate in their system or something, and suggested maybe I call the verizon support number. I said, "okay, so could you explain to me what phone support would be able to do that you can't do?" and she just went to another guy and was like, ":sigh: can you explain to this guy why we can't add the phone" and another man came to talk to me. He goes, "Oh, well you didn't buy it from us so it's not supported" to which I said "Okay, so it's not supported, but google themselves says to just call verizon support and they'll be able to make it work, so what is the problem here?"

He uses his phone to swap the sim card in the nexus 5x with his iphone, and it works just fine. He then does something with his tools in a way that allows him to go through the process of adding the phone into my account anyways (though it shows up with a blank image) all while explaining that because it's an unsupported phone that upgrading my plan might not work, and while the phone has data and can make calls just fine, weird stuff might happen, it's a pain in the rear end, they may need a temp phone to switch my sim to a supported phone if I need to change my plan, etc. He was nice enough about it, and I understand where he's coming from, but seriously? I just wanted to activate my phone that absolutely supports the network. Why all the grumbling?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

That makes very little sense.

So to break it down:
I signed a 2 year contract w/ best buy for verizon carrier in april of 2015, ending april 2017. This subsidized the purchase of my phone.
If I want to switch to another carrier, that's fine, but I'll pay the remainder of the pro-rated subsidy immediately.
If I want to switch to another plan on verizon (i.e. buy a phone from them on installment and use the bring your own device plan) I can't?
If I want to switch back to my old ancient phone..that's ok? Then I wait til next may and switch to the bring your own device plan?
If I want to buy a $150 amazon motorola 4g phone and activate it...that's ok? Then I wait til next may and switch to the bring your own device plan?

It doesn't make sense, but 2 year contracts from carriers never had a buyout option. I would call care, sometimes they'll have a work around. I just know in store there isn't a way to buy out a phone.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just wanted to activate my phone that absolutely supports the network. Why all the grumbling?

Verizon employees make commission so the rep went to customer buying phone instead of fully helping you.

Not justifying the behavior, I would have taken the time. Honestly, it's not usually that difficult to activate a Nexus 5x, so not sure what was going on. But yeah, not all employees are equal I guess.

Edit: one thing to add: part of employee commissions are surveys. So in theory reps should be helping even with a non pay because if you give them a bad survey it's def a not good thing. Some people are just short sited.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 12, 2016

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Activating Duckman signal.

I'm a single goon currently on the non-carryover 3GB Verizon Plan. I never use that much because I'm on wi-fi a lot, but I like to have the data there for when I do go on day trips and stuff (I listen to music constantly). I was thinking of switching up to the new Verizon Plan until I saw the prepaid options; I can get just as much data, if not more, for less money over there and still get mobile hotspotting, which I thought didn't come on prepaid. My questions are:

1) I already have a Verizon sim for postpaid; is there a way on the website to just switch over to prepaid or do I have to go into a store? It seems a bit confusing.
2) Any truth to this article that you know of, because if so it makes prepaid even more of a definite for me: http://www.droid-life.com/2016/07/13/verizon-prepaid-will-get-throttled-data-next-week-no-safety-mode-required/

I've got a Nexus 5x FWIW.

edit: Whoops further research seems to indicate that VoLTE isn't available on prepaid, that's a deal killer.

Luchadork fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 14, 2016

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Luchadork posted:

Activating Duckman signal.

I'm a single goon currently on the non-carryover 3GB Verizon Plan. I never use that much because I'm on wi-fi a lot, but I like to have the data there for when I do go on day trips and stuff (I listen to music constantly). I was thinking of switching up to the new Verizon Plan until I saw the prepaid options; I can get just as much data, if not more, for less money over there and still get mobile hotspotting, which I thought didn't come on prepaid. My questions are:

1) I already have a Verizon sim for postpaid; is there a way on the website to just switch over to prepaid or do I have to go into a store? It seems a bit confusing.
2) Any truth to this article that you know of, because if so it makes prepaid even more of a definite for me: http://www.droid-life.com/2016/07/13/verizon-prepaid-will-get-throttled-data-next-week-no-safety-mode-required/

I've got a Nexus 5x FWIW.

edit: Whoops further research seems to indicate that VoLTE isn't available on prepaid, that's a deal killer.

No idea about safety mode for prepaid.

If you do want to switch over, def call care. Store's aren't really setup to do a transfer like that and unless you are getting a new number most reps likely won't help with that one either. So def just dial 611 if you want to transfer.

And yeah, VOLTE isn't on prepaid last I checked, so that would be a risk on your part. You can always move back to postpaid if you want to.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm missing a step somehow on activating my phone and don't know what to do.

Two days ago: took droid turbo to verizon, they shipped me a replacement turbo and put a sim card in my old note 2 and activated that one.
Today: got new droid turbo . took sim from old one, popped it into new one. Phone tells me i'm using my old number. Ithink great. except it won't work. What do i need to do here. I don't want to have to make another trip to verizon

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

I'm missing a step somehow on activating my phone and don't know what to do.

Two days ago: took droid turbo to verizon, they shipped me a replacement turbo and put a sim card in my old note 2 and activated that one.
Today: got new droid turbo . took sim from old one, popped it into new one. Phone tells me i'm using my old number. Ithink great. except it won't work. What do i need to do here. I don't want to have to make another trip to verizon

Honestly sounds like a glitch, so if care can't re activate it over the phone you may have to go in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

What do i need to do here. I don't want to have to make another trip to verizon

I'd try updating prl/profile?

• Locked thread