Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is the AA12 strong enough now with just 000 and shotgun skills? I love it but I haven't tried it without giving up the warm and fuzzy security blanket of berserker and wondered what you thought.

I think it has, like before, ammo issues as it's pickup is not as good as that of the other shotguns. Might be me talking out of my rear end, haven't used that thing forever but last night my buddy was hitting the ammo sacks like there was no Day 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ClonedPickle posted:

How is fighting shitposting with more shitposting "using powers for good?" It's just more chaff to scroll through.

Don't listen to this herbert, theorycrafting new map variants is actually fun and entertaining, as well as being peripherally related to the game somehow. There should be more nighttime versions of maps/map events that make flashlight mods handy, at least.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

McSpanky posted:

There should be more nighttime versions of maps/map events that make flashlight mods handy, at least.

No.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I just don't think the accuracy boost helps that much when I already go for low accuracy/high stability with my machineguns. Plus, in that specific 'do everything' build I also use shotguns, where I don't want extra accuracy since that skill applies to all guns.

You know I'm the polar opposite when it comes to modding for accuracy. I was just poking fun though.

Kikas posted:

I think it has, like before, ammo issues as it's pickup is not as good as that of the other shotguns. Might be me talking out of my rear end, haven't used that thing forever but last night my buddy was hitting the ammo sacks like there was no Day 2.

Sounds about right. The pickup rate on it isn't absolutely terrible, but you can't just TerryCrews.mp4 with it all the time and expect to come out ammo neutral.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

McSpanky posted:

Don't listen to this herbert, theorycrafting new map variants is actually fun and entertaining, as well as being peripherally related to the game somehow. There should be more nighttime versions of maps/map events that make flashlight mods handy, at least.

Dying Light heist when

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Dying Light heist when

Lab Rats
Ideas (alpha):
The order of the nine ingredients is fully randomized.
The Muriatic Acid zipline is removed.
All dozers replaced with Headless Titandozers.
Full cook (7 batches) required.
Timer Safe required.
The spider breathes fire about 5 seconds after its arrival, filling the area it covers with a molotov effect.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

Lab Rats
Ideas (alpha):

You are a monster.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

ClonedPickle posted:

How is fighting shitposting with more shitposting "using powers for good?" It's just more chaff to scroll through.

Because he's gonna post Death Vox anyway, might as well use it to try and derail a flurry of shitposts.

Discendo Vox posted:

Lab Rats
Ideas (alpha):
Timer Safe required.
The spider breathes fire about 5 seconds after its arrival, filling the area it covers with a molotov effect.

These are almost all actually good ideas, the zipline removal aside. The spider, at the very least, needs some serious up-scaling because it's a drat shame that it's as impotent as it is.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

Lab Rats
Ideas (alpha):
Timer Safe required.

All bags must be thrown into the skill shot flask.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok but just hear me out, it'd be great for a halloween heist

you'd have to survive in the slums of Harran during the night, when all the cops mutate into horrifying beings - Cloakers are volatiles, bulldozers are demolishers, tasers are toads, and shields are gas tanks

Bonus points if they somehow include a difficulty unique to that heist where a fifth player controls Wolf as a night hunter

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

A machine gun build doesn't take much more than everything in Oppressor sans Heavy Impact, pretty much everything else is up to you. For the perk deck, assuming you're not going for some crazy hybrid dodge thing, I'd go with Muscle for the panic chance (on top of being a good pick in general) plus ICTV. The only real variation beyond that is adding silencer perks for even more DMG/ACC/STB (though keep in mind silent guns don't proc Muscle's panic effect). If you really want you can also sneak in a few extra skills from Sharpshooter since not all of them are locked to single fire guns.

Which gun(s) to use is a bit up in the air. The Buzzsaw is generally considered the best LMG with the KSP a close second (not to be confused with the freebie one), but there's merits to both the RPK and Brenner.

This is all pretty accurate. Take and ace basically all of Oppressor (skip Heavy Impact if you're taking Shock and Awe, which you should if you're going ICTV), get Fully Loaded if you can, and you're golden. Buzzsaw if you're going to bipod, KSP if you're going to run and gun, RPK if you're afraid of long reloads and just want an oversized AR.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'd like to see something more done with the basement of Diamond Heist. Maybe throw some loot or one of the hack power boxes down there.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
So as a goon who preordered this game and only played/updated it since the white christmas heist with drunken fun in the woods since I have been graced with the holy gift known as windows 10 what's the main poo poo i should know about other than "shoot cops and hold the action button many times"? Do I ~need~ to buy some dlc? why is the hk g36 rifle shittier than i remember?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

EorayMel posted:

Do I ~need~ to buy some dlc?
no

the only 3 that come highly recommended are the barbeque pack for the grenade and flamethrower being awesome, the wolf pack because the china lake grenade launcher is amazing, and the overkill pack because the rocket launcher erases bulldozers (and everything else).

if you do not care about these weapons you do not need them to be effective.

everything else is to your own taste.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Gage mod courier pack is also very useful, given the absolutely ridiculous number of weapon mods out there and the interminable wait to get even basic functional ones.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shooting Blanks posted:

Gage mod courier pack is also very useful, given the absolutely ridiculous number of weapon mods out there and the interminable wait to get even basic functional ones.
Agree with this 100%. I was gettin pretty salty about my limited options for good guns until I got the Gage DLC and goonmod going.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Even without goonmod, the mods that you can get from the courier pack are super-useful.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
DV Lab Rats thoughts:
I think the ingredients for the 7th batch of meth will be inside the cloaker safe. There's not really much else I can do with lootbags because of the map layout.
The better zipline will spawn.
The flare will be in the same place, but the escape chopper will come somewhere on the lower level.
The pills you use to start each cook will be placed further from the zipline you use them on- maybe somewhere near the witch location.

Plan Z posted:

I'd like to see something more done with the basement of Diamond Heist. Maybe throw some loot or one of the hack power boxes down there.

Yeah, the layout and flow of Diamond Heist is all kinds of screwed up, I haven't been able to make much progress there. Huge swaths of the map go almost completely unused, to no positive effect.

:eng101: Did You Know? Originally, the basement floor of Diamond Heist was as large and complex as the rest of the museum! If things went loud and the diamond retracted into the floor, you would have to traverse the basement storage area to reach the diamond in some sort of holding mechanism. Very little information about how this part of the heist was going to work is known.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Coolguye posted:

everything else is to your own taste.

I'd recommend the Gage Shotgun pack if you have absolutely ANY interest in using shotguns - the special ammo types alone make it worthwhile.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I kinda wish they'd do something like "The Custom update" or w/e and they'd give us a few more matte and wood materials for masks and some new color combinations.
Or hell, change it so instead of the current combos you get paint chips like in gran turismo and you can apply two of them to a color set, that'd be rad.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, custom paint jobs would work wonders on masks, I wonder why they haven't added any more colors in at all though

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

This thread is making me wish payday2 had friendly fire.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

chairface posted:

It does.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

chairface posted:

RPG and molotovs

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I gotta bring an RPG more.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I managed to down my entire team with the RPG when I was trying to clear out the sewers at the end of Birth of Sky with it. We managed to recover, but it was still a really big "Whoops!" moment.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

So reading how the skin system for Payday 2 works... confuses the loving poo poo out of me. Has anyone been able to figure this poo poo out?

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

So reading how the skin system for Payday 2 works... confuses the loving poo poo out of me. Has anyone been able to figure this poo poo out?

What do you not understand?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Reith posted:

What do you not understand?

I'm just used to UV maps and stuff. I've read the tutorial site several times now and I think I got it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Skunkrocker posted:

I'm just used to UV maps and stuff. I've read the tutorial site several times now and I think I got it.

So it's strictly the technical stuff, not the administrative nonsense we've been arguing about for the last few days?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Shooting Blanks posted:

So it's strictly the technical stuff, not the administrative nonsense we've been arguing about for the last few days?

Ban thread, gas blanks.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

bbcisdabomb posted:

So, I tried anarchist/frenzy and it really is stupid good. I should use this crutch to springboard myself into DW heists. I wonder if I still have Mumble installed, playing with goons has got to be better than pubbing.

The truth. I tried it out on the Biker Heist and without Nerves of Steel, I was merrily slow-reviving someone in the middle of a pile of cops with two snipers and a black bulldozer shooting me on top of the pile and literally wasn't taking any damage. The armour regen is so ridiculously fast. I don't even know what to spend my skills on, because once you've got all the frenzy and melee skills and an ICTV you can just sprint around with a katana as Jiro screaming garbled japanese and lopping heads off without even touching guns. It's like a PS1 era game with cheats, it's crazy.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

I thought that was obvious.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
So back on track hopefully.

Any explanation on the whole crit system? I know it's a thing with the low concealment "low blow" feature but my low conceal weapons deal a minimum of 90 damage anyways. Is there much of a point or just stick the points somewhere else?

(Side note Blanks, made a dodge hybrid build based off of your own, but I keep rotating the weapons trying to find a good match. Currently between the M308 / RPG (or flame thrower / CR805) or Shotguns Raven / Judge)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
My understanding is that crits consist of a roll for each hit, and if it falls within your crit chance range it applies the headshot multiplier, again if you hit them in the head. It's mostly useful for occasionally reducing the number of shots for specials and the like, in a 'well if you're running Sneaky Bastard Basic you might as well get Low Blow Basic too since you've probably got silencer skills' kind of way, but it's less integral than the bonus dodge chance.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Skunkrocker posted:

I thought that was obvious.

Next time I'll just make an assumption and run with it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Crits are great for many reasons, among them the fact that you can crit on a headshot and the multipliers stack and it's a fairly easy way to boost explosive damage. An explosive bow or a HE shotgun get really funny with crits.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

Crits are great for many reasons, among them the fact that you can crit on a headshot and the multipliers stack and it's a fairly easy way to boost explosive damage. An explosive bow or a HE shotgun get really funny with crits.

Yeah, they're really most useful with HE and high RoF guns. The latter turn into Dozer hoses if you get slightly lucky with rolls, and it's pretty great to just run up to one and just unload a full clip into his face knowing it'll almost certainly kill him.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Also: crits work with the flamethrower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, they're really most useful with HE and high RoF guns. The latter turn into Dozer hoses if you get slightly lucky with rolls, and it's pretty great to just run up to one and just unload a full clip into his face knowing it'll almost certainly kill him.

My biggest issue is that unless I'm going against dozers or turrets, it's a major point sink. I have enough into silenced at the moment to take the concealment bonus for silenced weapons but points are tight on this build, what with running Iron Man basic, artful dodger, shout AND sneaky.