Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

You can also play CvS2 at an arcade

I don't live near arcades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

I don't live near arcades

I don't think I live near one that has a CvS2 cabinet anymore either

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

nickmeister posted:

That sounds like a lot of work, honestly. I can't pick and choose when I play. I'd like to play some obscure NEOGEO game from 1994 on an obscure online emulator client, but I don't have the time to set up matches like that. I guess I'm just glad I've got a good internet connection and I enjoy SFV.

nickmeister posted:

lolololol yeah right. well I'll take a look if I want to play some random from Central Africa or whatever.

you have such a dumpy attitude, so i dont even know if its worth telling you really how easy it is to set up fightcade, but it takes literal minutes. avoid brazillian flags and pings over 160~170 if you want matches better than the garbage sfv netcode

these is never a shortage of players because of just how easy it is to set up and the fact that it is free. judging from your posts I wouldn't be surprised if you had no friends to play with tho

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My only arcade didn't re-open after hurricane katrina.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

My regional arcade closed after a random flooding. I knew this one TO who ran a tournament series in his basement but had to stop when that flooded too. I heard the reason was some player took a fat poo poo in the toilet but it boggles my mind how an entire basement could get flooded as a result

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So where is this new DLC package on Steam? I can only seem to buy the stage and two of the pro tour costumes piecemeal on the in game store.

edit: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...go-sale-future/ oh okay. I'm just gonna ignore these MK X flashbacks I'm having here

man nurse fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 16, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man nurse posted:

So where is this new DLC package on Steam? I can only seem to buy the stage and two of the pro tour costumes piecemeal on the in game store.

edit: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...go-sale-future/ oh okay. I'm just gonna ignore these MK X flashbacks I'm having here

your fault for playing on non tournament hardware.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

your fault for playing on non tournament hardware.

It looks and plays like gangbusters on PC. Couch and online play are all I care about, I'm no tourney fighter. Figured I'd be safe this time around since the title is cross play, they'd have to keep the two versions in parity.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man nurse posted:

It looks and plays like gangbusters on PC. Couch and online play are all I care about, I'm no tourney fighter. Figured I'd be safe this time around since the title is cross play, they'd have to keep the two versions in parity.

i'm joking

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV really does get worse by the second, huh?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Jack Trades posted:

SFV really does get worse by the second, huh?

Eh, it's not really worse because I don't think anyone is too surprised about dumb new costumes or stages. It's just kinda wallowing.

Edit: poo poo, didn't realize the colors would be exclusive, just thought the bundle was. Disregard the above, poo poo's dumb as hell.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
And here I am on PS4 only wanting the color and the stage. gently caress me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV has been my biggest pre-order disappointment since Dark Souls 2.
That'll teach me not to pre-order.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jack Trades posted:

SFV has been my biggest pre-order disappointment since Dark Souls 2.
That'll teach me not to pre-order.

Since Spore for me.

This tops Spore. I think I have spent more time and had more fun playing spore. And I didn't have much fun with it.

That said Tekken 7 FR and Revo are so good. At least if those come to PC I'll be a happy clam.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I think ryu lk is a problem against all the cast really, but I think his cr.hp is good because it follows up with ex-knee or non-ex knee if it's in the corner, or maybe if it's really close.

His cross-chop can make people think twice about mindlessly pressing lights to anti-air.

The only character I will complain about in this game when it comes to obnoxious jump-ins is cammy. gently caress those divekicks, whatever they're called.

Her divekicks are actually not very good

Obnoxious jumpins goes to Ken man, air MK tatsu hurtbox is in his head

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

R. Mika's constant enthusiasm is so infectious :3:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
So thus far they had people pay 60 bucks for an unfinished game

-got pissed off at people accessing their insecure servers to get Colors the didn't put on sale after constantly being told it was a it was a lovely idea by the community

-Fell behind on a random schedule one portion of their own team developed

-(rumor) Had one man develop netcod

-didn't develop a cash shop for 5 months, then made people pay to get content back mainly because they cheaped out and didn't add anything to the season pass

-Created a dlc with costumes for 3 characters and 1 stage and charged 25 bucks, while complaining about pc players who unlocked colors, instead of you know. packaging those color unlocks in along with future ones to make it more enticing considering they cost 0 to develop (colors not the costumes themselves)

-Have acknowledged a constant level of frame delay but then claimed it intentional

- have STILL not gotten rid of people ability to rage quit without consequence

- charging outrageous prices for the costumes piece meal (sf4 costumes were sold in packs cheaper than an individual costume here and had a 35 costume pack for roughly 20 bucks) (they didn't even develop all the costumes for all characters this time around, and kept using things that could clip, and continually just let them clip)

- Charging for stages after not having finished any of the ones they promised (stage interactables)

-This game already has enough dlc to cost more than everything dlc wise available for all versions of sf4, and the first season isn't over

-rushed the game out to meet pro tour and evo, and still had to add characters people wanted in game on a month by month (or 2) basis

- Spent the beta period insisting it was for netcode when there were less changes made to netcode then there were to characters themselves

This game is lining up to follow the path of lik sf x tk level making GBS threads the bed, yet the community refuses to let it even sort of die.
Capcom is literally coasting on the sony pot bonus money and is still asking for more if no one noticed.

They literally created dlc to try to target the average consumer (notice this wasn't a sub bonus for subscribing to capcom pro tour channel, which would have made so much drat sense for a niche target, its a straight up 25 dollar dlc with poor content value, all on the premise of " hey guys MOST of it is helping the tournament" ) on a one time event, to show off a tournament, that a minority of the people buying know/ care about/ will participate in. Even with the sales of this game, its still the minority.

it's really interesting to watch. Though I'm sad my 60 dollars helped fuel this.

Maybe I'm being dramatic, but this all points to a poo poo show.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 16, 2016

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
i hope capcom never makes a new darkstalkers. it will probably be even worse than SFV. let's play vsav tho

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MohShuvuu posted:

i hope capcom never makes a new darkstalkers. it will probably be even worse than SFV. let's play vsav tho

Well that was guaranteed because it would be a Darkstalkers game.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

So thus far they had people pay 60 bucks for an unfinished game

-got pissed off at people accessing their insecure servers to get Colors the didn't put on sale after constantly being told it was a it was a lovely idea by the community

-Fell behind on a random schedule one portion of their own team developed

-(rumor) Had one man develop netcod

-didn't develop a cash shop for 5 months, then made people pay to get content back mainly because they cheaped out and didn't add anything to the season pass

-Created a dlc with costumes for 3 characters and 1 stage and charged 25 bucks, while complaining about pc players who unlocked colors, instead of you know. packaging those color unlocks in along with future ones to make it more enticing considering they cost 0 to develop (colors not the costumes themselves)

-Have acknowledged a constant level of frame delay but then claimed it intentional

- have STILL not gotten rid of people ability to rage quit without consequence

- charging outrageous prices for the costumes piece meal (sf4 costumes were sold in packs cheaper than an individual costume here and had a 35 costume pack for roughly 20 bucks) (they didn't even develop all the costumes for all characters this time around, and kept using things that could clip, and continually just let them clip)

- Charging for stages after not having finished any of the ones they promised (stage interactables)

-This game already has enough dlc to cost more than everything dlc wise available for all versions of sf4, and the first season isn't over

-rushed the game out to meet pro tour and evo, and still had to add characters people wanted in game on a month by month (or 2) basis

- Spent the beta period insisting it was for netcode when there were less changes made to netcode then there were to characters themselves

This game is lining up to follow the path of lik sf x tk level making GBS threads the bed, yet the community refuses to let it even sort of die.
Capcom is literally coasting on the sony pot bonus money and is still asking for more if no one noticed.

They literally created dlc to try to target the average consumer (notice this wasn't a sub bonus for subscribing to capcom pro tour channel, which would have made so much drat sense for a niche target, its a straight up 25 dollar dlc with poor content value, all on the premise of " hey guys MOST of it is helping the tournament" ) on a one time event, to show off a tournament, that a minority of the people buying know/ care about/ will participate in. Even with the sales of this game, its still the minority.

it's really interesting to watch. Though I'm sad my 60 dollars helped fuel this.

Maybe I'm being dramatic, but this all points to a poo poo show.

:shrug:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

Well if this is how they treat pretty much what some would go as far as to call the leading title among fighting games, it doesn't bode well for a niche fighter, that they rereleased in hopes of somehow getting development money and interest gauging off of just rereleasing 20 year old games without much advertising or incentive to buy when the main people playing it played it for free already

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
In other capcom news, Monster Hunter Generations came out and it's really loving good.

And it launched with a load of free dlc!

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 16, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
why are we upholding mediocrity when we have guilty gear, tekken, and kof

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Well that was guaranteed because it would be a Darkstalkers game.

it was the best guilty gear alternative before guilty gear existed :colbert:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
vampire savior does not play anything like guilty gear at all so

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I mean if you don't like your money, or play on pc, one those are more likely to be third costume

The stupid poo poo only makes me sad because i really wanted to like sf5.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 16, 2016

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Happily eating poo poo online in the new Cammy costume

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I really hate that rashid costume lol

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Firstborn posted:

My only arcade didn't re-open after hurricane katrina.

Fun arcade :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SectumSempra posted:

I mean if you don't like your money, or play on pc, one those are more likely to be third costume

The stupid poo poo only makes me sad because i really wanted to like sf5.

Seeing this now I bet that mystery costume could be Ryu right there and not Akuma like everyone is saying now

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Love to see the contrast between people watching and playing SFV during EVO and enjoying it while people here still gripe about it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
There's a reason 90% of posts in the EVO thread are about games other than SF5 even though its the only game that's literally on 100% of the time.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's a reason 90% of posts in the EVO thread are about games other than SF5 even though its the only game that's literally on 100% of the time.

Because there are other games? :v: It's actually interesting to see people turn in who don't usually post in the usual threads and ask about Akuma being in Tekken, like with playoff football posters in TFF.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

bhsman posted:

Love to see the contrast between people watching and playing SFV during EVO and enjoying it while people here still gripe about it.
Oddly, yes people can have differing opinions.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SectumSempra posted:

They can, including an unjustifiably high regard for them (that isn't necessarily directed at you, FWIW).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

Definitely.
There are opinions that say that SFV is a trash game and then there are wrong opinions.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

I don't get why you make posts like this. They aren't funny and just seem to stir up poo poo.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Booyah- posted:

I don't get why you make posts like this. They aren't funny and just seem to stir up poo poo.

Answered your own question there.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's an EVO thread? what the hell am i still doing in this poo poo hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Booyah- posted:

Sometimes I forget your advice. :(