Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Drastic Actions posted:

I've got a Markov Chain bot of some of the posters in this thread running right now on twitter. Really tempted to add that hashtag now, just to see what happens.

https://twitter.com/realamericanSA/status/754782761722998785

Do it, but do apply a swear filter- it may diminish the spirit of the account, but it increases the likelihood it will get displayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ugh.

also lmao the state AG he loving bribed to not take the trump u case is speaking at the rnc.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
like, this took 5 seconds to look up but he gets to skate on hindsight bias because he's never had to actually make a political decision.

it's loving retarded and we all deserve this fate i guess, for being huge idiot retards who fell for it.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
woah

is page 6471 the first without any tweets in posts OR replies since embedding was turned on?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "I think I am actually humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand."

"I'm just so, so humble. I have people come up to me and tell me they can't believe how humble I am. Just the most humble."

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

shiksa posted:

like, this took 5 seconds to look up but he gets to skate on hindsight bias because he's never had to actually make a political decision.

it's loving retarded and we all deserve this fate i guess, for being huge idiot retards who fell for it.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/754818540578992133

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

lol "got it" great loving journalism lesley

I mean- she got the answer out of him. What more is there to say there?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

i bet he's kicking himself for missing the chance to vote for romney before the republicans gave up on voting for acela-corridor-approved candidates - we'll see what happens next time, i guess, but 'affluent cultural self-identified liberal who is actually racist' is a demographic that republicans are really loving up the outreach on, i feel

anyway ann coulter is screaming PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE again

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/754756438921252864

so sad

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Duck Dynasty speaker is gonna call for death to LGBT on monday. Predictable, sad

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Pence really is perfect for Trump because the two of them can sit there spitting out non-answers or immediately contradicting themselves without breaking stride. As long as you do it confidently it doesn't matter.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

perhaps the most magnificent play of the trump campaign is getting his supporters to ignore the strong praise he's given Hillary for years.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mandatory lesbian posted:

donald trump cant be parodied bc hes already the perfect caricature of himself

This is almost worryingly accurate.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

He'll get away with this because it's not on video. The only lies that stick to him are ones that can be played back instantaneously while he's answering the question, a la one of the debates. Otherwise he denies anything and everything he's said previously.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm freaked out about the comparative placement they're giving noted Ryan Zinke (R-MT at large). If he doesn't get knocked off this cycle by the Indian Vote, we'll be seeing more of him.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Drastic Actions posted:

I did it myself. I run mitmproxy and look at the responses.

Also that app doesn't have a third-party library/legal page. Which makes me wonder if

A. They didn't use any third party libraries in their app.
B. None of the libraries they used required them disclose it.
C. They don't give a gently caress about licenses.

It looks like they're using the Dropbox API to get a real link- not just hotlinking. That's probably OK with their TOS but they still might run into bandwidth issues. Presumably they did this because they knew they weren't going to have the schedule until the last second and need to be able to make frequent updates to accomodate Diva Donald.

Gen. Lynch's photo doesn't show up because they pasted his bio in instead of the URL to his picture. The images are hosted all over the place, on tumblr and S3 and various government servers. Pretty dumb but w/e.

I'm not going to disassemble the app but it's probably Cordova.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

quote:

Brock Mealer, Motivational Speaker
Brock Mealer is a walking miracle. After suffering a spinal cord injury on Christmas Eve of 2007, he was told he had a one percent chance he would ever walk again. Mealer’s story struck the hearts of millions of Americans. He sustained his injury in a car crash just five minutes away from his home. While his brother, an offensive lineman headed to the University of Michigan to play football, was able to free Brock from the wreckage, the two brothers lost their father, David, and Elliot’s girlfriend, Hollis Richer, in the crash. Today, Brock has conquered the odds and is able to walk again. He now shares his story with many, inspiring those he meets to join the one percent.
So basically they hired this guy to speak just so they can muddy the waters on the phrase "the one percent"?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Drastic Actions posted:

I've got a Markov Chain bot of some of the posters in this thread running right now on twitter. Really tempted to add that hashtag now, just to see what happens.

https://twitter.com/realamericanSA/status/754782761722998785

That has some weird "similar accounts," but they sort of feel right.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

Duck Dynasty speaker is gonna call for death to LGBT on monday. Predictable, sad

It's that guy's son who's speaking.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

anotherone posted:

It looks like they're using the Dropbox API to get a real link- not just hotlinking. That's probably OK with their TOS but they still might run into bandwidth issues. Presumably they did this because they knew they weren't going to have the schedule until the last second and need to be able to make frequent updates to accomodate Diva Donald.

Gen. Lynch's photo doesn't show up because they pasted his bio in instead of the URL to his picture. The images are hosted all over the place, on tumblr and S3 and various government servers. Pretty dumb but w/e.

I'm not going to disassemble the app but it's probably Cordova.

Yeah, it's using the dropbox API to get a file from Dropbox. This gets JSON from their API which returns a link to the file on dropbox itself.

Also you may notice in that link is a client_id and client_secret. They were smart enough to disable authentication with those keys. So close to having Bernie Sanders on their speakers list :(.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

So Manafort got a Russian hacker group he knew to make the RNC app? What are the chances that it's stealing everyone's financial data?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Atrocious Joe posted:

So Manafort got a Russian hacker group he knew to make the RNC app? What are the chances that it's stealing everyone's financial data?

Honestly, I'm shocked at how little analytics are being used in that app. I would figure they would have it everywhere so they could track people and what they're looking for, but nope!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Subterfrugal posted:

I'm freaked out about the comparative placement they're giving noted Ryan Zinke (R-MT at large). If he doesn't get knocked off this cycle by the Indian Vote, we'll be seeing more of him.

Montana, right? Could be a problem, the two people who voted against him might get shouted down by the three who voted for.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Grey Fox posted:

So basically they hired this guy to speak just so they can muddy the waters on the phrase "the one percent"?

I know Brock, the 1% thing is that he had a 1% chance of walking again after the accident, and he is walking today.

Brock was hired to speak because his aunt is an Ohio delegate. Literally just a call to the delegates to see if anyone knew any inspirational younger people that would speak.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Or they thought they were getting the young male Brock who raped that girl

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Patter Song posted:

If you could time travel to early February and talk to Chris Christie:

A. Would you tell him the truth, that if he destroys Marco Rubio at the debate he's going to end up the personal slave of Donald Trump and a national laughingstock and won't even get a Convention speech out of the deal?
Or:
B. Just let him do what he did and not change anything?

C. Tell him that if he destroys Marco Rubio at the debate, he will get to be Trump's Vice President.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Or Lesnar.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Here's a poll from CNN I don't think we've seen here

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/07/17/rel8a.-.2016.pdf

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it starts

https://twitter.com/CLEpolice/status/754825315805913088

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Patter Song posted:

If you could time travel to early February and talk to Chris Christie:

A. Would you tell him the truth, that if he destroys Marco Rubio at the debate he's going to end up the personal slave of Donald Trump and a national laughingstock and won't even get a Convention speech out of the deal?
Or:
B. Just let him do what he did and not change anything?

Probaly B. also I am surprised he didnt get a speech but carson did, carson cant do a speech for poo poo. also lol that carson Bio is just sad.

so what are bets.

a. nothing happens except some protests.
b. violent protests
c. super violent protests with weapons and guns and a riot.
d. a hosed up shooting spree.
E. trump gets killed on stage by glenn beck or some other nut.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dapper_Swindler posted:

b. violent protests

I'm betting "a". They've got the place locked down tight enough to funnel the protests wherever they want and keep people separated.

Remember that the '68 DNC protests were started by an FBI agent provocateur. They've got not reason to stir poo poo this year.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
Can someone post the latest official RNC speaking schedule?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Having seen the police presence that they used to lock down the Twin Cities back in 2008, I have a hard time believing that any protest could escalate to a riot without the cops landing on it with both feet.

The FBI also sends agents into the host city months in advance to sniff out radicals planning poo poo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wow, how many people were killed

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Jeb will have his revenge. No one insults his daddy.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Probaly B. also I am surprised he didnt get a speech but carson did, carson cant do a speech for poo poo. also lol that carson Bio is just sad.

so what are bets.

b. violent protests

Bill Kristol shouts "sic semper tyranosaurus" as he shoots spider man web blaster silly string at Trump.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so what are bets.

b. violent protests

On some dark level I find myself hoping for F: Cleveland gets burned to the ground, but realistically I expect a mere B. Piling lots of people with various levels of weapons into the city leads to a result that the Cleveland PD is not entrey surprised by, given their request for John Kasich to illegally terminate open carry.

(Actually the most black humor scenario is Kasich marching the Ohio National Guard into the convention and declaring himself the nominee, but that is not as realistic)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Plinkey posted:

No, he's on CBS or something now.

I read that Colbert is going to have John Oliver and Jon Stewart on his show during the conventions, so FYI for y'all. Sounds like the only coverage that might be better than Vic Burger and Tim Heidecker's.

He knows that someone assassinating Trump is his best chance at still being in this thing.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Why would anyone protest? Trump won/is winning. There's not likely to be anything to come out of the convention that will blow anyone's minds, other than a hilarious trage-comedy of errors with all of these 'wonderful' speakers.

deathbysnusnu posted:

Bill Kristol shouts "sic semper tyranosaurus" as he shoots spider man web blaster silly string at Trump.

Sic semper tyrannosaurus is the funniest thing i've read on these forums in a hot minute

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-q2AcIZjDw

Video of the Jones/Rove confrontation

Zeroisanumber posted:

The FBI also sends agents into the host city months in advance to sniff out radicals planning poo poo.

Literally entraping harmless idiots in many situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

On some dark level I find myself hoping for F: Cleveland gets burned to the ground, but realistically I expect a mere B. Piling lots of people with various levels of weapons into the city leads to a result that the Cleveland PD is not entrey surprised by, given their request for John Kasich to illegally terminate open carry.

(Actually the most black humor scenario is Kasich marching the Ohio National Guard into the convention and declaring himself the nominee, but that is not as realistic)

its either going to A, B, D or E, in my opinion.

• Locked thread