Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Erath posted:

Um I grew up extremely hosed in the head religious and some one I knew had this game I'm pretty sure it's like doom only you feed animals on the ark hope this helps memory is foggy

Dude I know all about Super Noah's Ark 3D. I've played it and I still have it. I was asking about OTHER games by that company, and if you read the thread it was already answered too!

Aaronicon posted:

The Super Noah Ark 3D Whatever Who Gives A poo poo is on Steam because there's a dude doing a modern Wolfenstein 3D engine called ECWolf and if you make Wolf3D work, you get the Noah game for free as it's a very simple port. He reached an arrangement to sell it on Steam and split the profits with Wisdom Tree, with his half going to paying for future development of ECWolf to support other Wolf3D-engine games in the future. It's basically an on-the-nose fundraiser / donation system hosted on Steam.

I didn't know this though, that's cool. ECWolf is good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Friginator posted:

If your excuse for going to Japan begins with "With the Tokyo olympics upcoming...", you have kind of a lovely excuse to go to Japan.

Listen, we have to stop Tetsuo from releasing Akira, and it takes a bit of scratch to do that.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Gotta get those doujins before the IOC has them all burned.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Waffleman_ posted:

There's also El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, which takes the Bible and makes it anime.

The trailer became a pretty big meme in Japan, who made it more anime, as is their custom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6YFE67lCk

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Listen, we have to stop Tetsuo from releasing Akira, and it takes a bit of scratch to do that.

nah we cool

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

Guy Mann posted:

Biblical video games would be cool if they were actually true to the source material and not just about proselytizing and being family friendly. As is the only people who make anything remotely close are the Japanese perverts who make all freaky angel monsters Bayonetta kills.

The Dante's Inferno game was pretty cool, and about the best they could've done with mashing up things as incompatible as an action-adventure game and the Divine Comedy.

Byzantine has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Jul 22, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

There's also El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, which takes the Bible and makes it anime.

Holy poo poo I totally forgot about that game until right now. Gotta check it out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
An 'unconventional' family who don't believe in modern medicine or teaching their kids to read and write want to emigrate to Costa Rica and buy a big plot of land so they can live off the grid and be completely self sufficient. All they need is for complete strangers to donate £100,000 so they can achieve their dream!

https://www.fundmytravel.com/campaign/ng3EQl5kGR
(Video has photos of a salted placenta)

It might just be me but I wouldn't have thought "Please give us a shitload of money" counts as being self sufficient.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

If you don't eat the placenta while it's still warm you only grok half the normal amount of essence.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Some goons did a LP on it a little while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MhGLr2I6xw

Was that one of the games that required you to have a real licensed game that it had a slot on top to put a licensed game just to run it?

I remember that from angry video game nerd and it might have been the jesus games

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

stringball posted:

Was that one of the games that required you to have a real licensed game that it had a slot on top to put a licensed game just to run it?

Yes. Source: I’ve had the cartridge for years.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Volcott posted:

If you don't eat the placenta while it's still warm you only grok half the normal amount of essence.

So what's the ruling on vegan's eating their own placenta?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

MrMenshevik posted:

So what's the ruling on vegan's eating their own placenta?

They have to sign a waiver first.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

An 'unconventional' family who don't believe in modern medicine or teaching their kids to read and write want to emigrate to Costa Rica and buy a big plot of land so they can live off the grid and be completely self sufficient. All they need is for complete strangers to donate £100,000 so they can achieve their dream!

https://www.fundmytravel.com/campaign/ng3EQl5kGR
(Video has photos of a salted placenta)

It might just be me but I wouldn't have thought "Please give us a shitload of money" counts as being self sufficient.

The kid breastfeeding on the video thumbnail is waaay too big to still be doing that

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Non Serviam posted:

The kid breastfeeding on the video thumbnail is waaay too big to still be doing that

"he decides when to stop, not me"

Im guessing they homeschool too, those poor kids with idiot parents

and after reading it, of course they do. They would probably do a lot better in a less exotic place where you can still live off the grid like missouri

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 10:14 on Jul 23, 2016

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

"he decides when to stop, not me"

Im guessing they homeschool too, those poor kids with idiot parents

and after reading it, of course they do. They would probably do a lot better in a less exotic place where you can still live off the grid like missouri

Homeschooling is a mostly American thing, so who knows if they can get away with it. In many countries sending your kid to school is an obligation imposed on the parents for the benefit of the kid, and "we're mother nature's spirits" doesn't fly as an exception.

This bullshit is child abuse. They're openly saying they will not give medicines to their kids, and will not educate them.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Holy poo poo I totally forgot about that game until right now. Gotta check it out.

If the combat doesn't click with you fairly quickly you may want to restart it on easy, I played through the whole thing and by the end I regretted playing on normal. The same enemies just get more HP as the game goes on, so the fights just became more and more tedious. The music and visuals/design are really something though, definitely worth playing through for that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hopefully, someone's already contacted child protection. Now that those idiots openly admitted parental neglect and borderline child abuse, shouldn't be a problem to get the kids away from them.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Hopefully, someone's already contacted child protection. Now that those idiots openly admitted parental neglect and borderline child abuse, shouldn't be a problem to get the kids away from them.

They day breast milk with lemon is what they use for an infection. It's loving criminal.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Guy Mann posted:

Biblical video games would be cool if they were actually true to the source material and not just about proselytizing and being family friendly. As is the only people who make anything remotely close are the Japanese perverts who make all freaky angel monsters Bayonetta kills.

http://www.mdickie.com/prev_youtestament.htm

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

your own... personal.... jesus.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Tired of clothes with style that don't get the FBI to talk to you, then boy do I have the line for you

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1136028187/tango-two-actual-llc?ref=newest

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't understand why people Kickstart single t-shirt designs. Just get a Redbubble!

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

That's... That's a picture of a shirt ON a shirt isn't it?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I hope the recursive version is at least offered as a stretch goal (lol more like 5 backers woudl be a stretch) but I think that's supposed to show the back as well

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Risks and challenges:

That we don't get enough money

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

you can even use teespring if you're bizarrely enthusiastic about crowdfunding your shirt

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

What's up with that helmet? Isn't that a skinhead (anti-rascist ones) thing?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I'd guess its inspiration is that idiotic Molon Labe movement, given the other militaryish garbage (tango two actual).

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Wait, "fund my travel" is something people donate to? Are there people so baffled about what to do with their money that they would go to a site like this for ideas? Or is it like indiegogo where it's used to send money to family members? Is there any difference?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Elfface posted:

Let's be fair - goons, 3d printers and sex toys have a history together...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msfHwjgypH0

"YouTube posted:

This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing.

You didn't, did ya bub?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

laserghost posted:

What's up with that helmet? Isn't that a skinhead (anti-rascist ones) thing?

It might be that as well, but what it really is is a standard clip-art of an ancient Greek/Roman fancy helmet.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Did this "Modobag" get posted yet? Apologies if it did;

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/modobag-world-s-first-motorized-rideable-luggage#/

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Max Rider Weight - 260 lbs.

Such an oversight when the main customer for this bag is at least 300lbs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a big piece of luggage that can barely carry anything and you'll be stopped by security if you actually try to use it at an airport. Seems really useful.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Don't most airports big enough that you'd want a dumb suitcase scooter have their own shuttle trains and conveyor walkways and poo poo anyway?

Owlbear Camus has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Jul 24, 2016

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It doesn't say anything about how useful this thing is but the people using it look super bad, like taking a poo poo bad

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Croisquessein posted:

Wait, "fund my travel" is something people donate to? Are there people so baffled about what to do with their money that they would go to a site like this for ideas? Or is it like indiegogo where it's used to send money to family members? Is there any difference?

I don't think it's a thing people donate to (outside the friends/family thing mentioned), so much as people thinking, "Oh, this crowdfunding thing has a lot of money! I want to do ______ so they should give me money for that. What do I have to offer in return? Not much, but..."

Usually it's thinly disguised as "I'm going to do a photo series!" or "Help me make some travel videos!" or something like that. The photographers are rarely any good, the travel-video people rarely have any interesting viewpoints to explore, and most of the campaigns end with embarrassingly low pledges. Japan is its own special magnet for the morons, obviously, but I've seen France, India, and lots of US states show up.

Sometimes there are legitimate travel expenses associated with a real project, and quite a few of those have gotten funded, but most of the "no I'm not actually asking you to fund my vacation, but fund my vacation" projects are the fail-hard, "didn't hurt to ask" variety.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
That bag doesn't even seem that terrible, but $1000 puts it outside the reach of nearly the entire market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Xandu posted:

That bag doesn't even seem that terrible, but $1000 puts it outside the reach of nearly the entire market.

the 8.5kg weight is oppressive considering the weight limit for baggage is around 20kg and you don't usually have to do all that much walking around airports with your luggage anyway because you check that poo poo in when you walk roll in through the front doors

E: also if you have to get to a taxi and don't want to carry your luggage all that way you can chuck it into a trolley for about $0 and people won't look at you like you're brain damaged