Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

thespaceinvader posted:

Please do not engage with Pissflaps.

I'm surprised this isn't one of the main rules in the thread OPs yet

e: 317 AD: The earliest historically verified reference to tea is recorded, in China. The rich tea biscuit will not be invented for centuries, however, and so the suffering of humanity continues regardless.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Angepain posted:

I'm surprised this isn't one of the main rules in the thread OPs yet

Right after 'keep head buried in sand at all times'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

For a start it would be difficult for a dog to raise the money required to run for election

I feel that sitting outside holding a bowl in your mouth and wagging your tail would be a powerful fundraising strategy.

I agree, though, that pedigree dogs are at an unfair advantage thanks to networking, and mutts should really have more access to political power without having to sniff every butt in Westminster.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So do you guys have like a wiki of ukmt shitlords or something, because i have no idea how anyone would remember, or even find incriminating posts as quickly as you guys do

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tithin posted:

So do you guys have like a wiki of ukmt shitlords or something, because i have no idea how anyone would remember, or even find incriminating posts as quickly as you guys do

Rap sheets are usually a pretty good shortcut.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Secondly, a dog could not write a manifesto or engage with the process of policymaking

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
there's nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't be prime minister!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I would vote for a cat, the perfect leader for a strong independent britian

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
oh WintMP....

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/757165167725670400

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Angepain posted:

there's nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't be prime minister!

You've already had a pig, pace yourselves

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

MiddleOne posted:

You've already had a pig, pace yourselves

phrasing

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Namtab posted:

strong independent kitten

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Namtab posted:

Larry should really have ran for the leader of the Tories.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

thespaceinvader posted:

Yes, there is. There's also a certain irony in Corbyn's electoral performances to date being held as unelectable, despite the fact that he's passed every arbitrary electoral test his opponents have set for him, up to and including the EU referendum, and has yet to lose an election he has personally fought.

Unelectable, him.

So you acknowledge that the leader of Labour did not fight to remain in the EU but instead watched from the sidelines as Farage, Gove and Johnson destroyed the future of Britain?

Is that the leader you want?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Corbyn managed to put on his socks this morning .... yet Blairites call him unelectable.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Pissflaps posted:

Right after 'keep head buried in sand at all times'.

Get the gently caress out, you're an annoying twat and a net drain on this thread.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

So you acknowledge that the leader of Labour did not fight to remain in the EU but instead watched from the sidelines as Farage, Gove and Johnson destroyed the future of Britain?

?? But he didn't?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

GaussianCopula posted:

Is this some hip new version of strawman-ing where you don't try and hide it in a longer statement? It's refreshing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

GaussianCopula posted:

Take your straw man and go gently caress off.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
Or better, take Pissflaps and gently caress off.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vitamin P posted:

Is this some hip new version of strawman-ing where you don't try and hide it in a longer statement? It's refreshing.

It's GC, it's kinda his thing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Worth mentioning for Scotland that after the SNP got in they not only increased local authority builds but enacted the suspension of Right to Buy in pressured areas with high demand for council houses before stopping it completely.

1442 new council houses in 2015-16, woo. Get to 14,000 new builds and we'll start talking.

I'm not going to dip into witless pedantry by saying Right to Buy hasn't stopped yet because it ends in 7 days, but the SNP did set it up so they could sell as much of the old housing stock as possible before closing the scheme down. Discounts continued to increase and everyone had I think it was four years to take up the offer. The suspension of RTB was also a blatant sop - Scottish council tenants have secure tenancies; stopping them buying their homes did absolutely nothing to relieve demand.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Namtab posted:

Secondly, a dog could not write a manifesto or engage with the process of policymaking

It could, however, be trained to fill a red briefcase with steaming, stinking poo poo, so not altogether different from George Osborne.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

I mean, technically, a dog wouldn't have called a referendum on the EU. That would have required complex communication and political reasoning that a dog just isn't capable of, even a very clever dog.

A dog as prime minister would objectively have been better for the country than Cameron.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Possession of basically any political reasoning whatsoever would preclude calling a referendum on the EU though, surely?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

GaussianCopula posted:

gently caress off to Nuremberg and follow your leader

Killed By Death posted:

Possession of basically any political reasoning whatsoever would preclude calling a referendum on the EU though, surely?

Cameron and Osbourne both thought that they could wing it

that's their whole thing, they thought they were political geniuses and not failed history students

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

For the nation perhaps, not for Cameron.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I mean we're at a point we can safely establish that Cameron was a worse PM than Thatcher during their respective reigns, and that Osbourne was probably the worst chancellor ever (apart from GCs personal hero), thankfully they won't leave behind any real lasting ideology because they were too loving thick to even contemplate one

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/757181395781488640

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

this is just uncanny now

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

How is WintMP so perfect :allears:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jedit posted:

1442 new council houses in 2015-16, woo. Get to 14,000 new builds and we'll start talking.

I'm not going to dip into witless pedantry by saying Right to Buy hasn't stopped yet because it ends in 7 days, but the SNP did set it up so they could sell as much of the old housing stock as possible before closing the scheme down. Discounts continued to increase and everyone had I think it was four years to take up the offer. The suspension of RTB was also a blatant sop - Scottish council tenants have secure tenancies; stopping them buying their homes did absolutely nothing to relieve demand.

Your post led me to the official statistics for house building in Scotland, which show some interesting variations. While local authority house building specifically is higher than it has been since the late 80s, the overall number of new dwellings per year under the SNP is significantly lower than any period going back to the start of the data in 1980 (n.b. the SNP came to power in 2007, right before the financial crisis). This drop has occurred in both the private and social sectors, with housing association building - which still dwarfs local authority building - falling rapidly under the SNP.

Purely anecdotally this surprises me, since there appears to be (and have been) a lot of visible HA building in Glasgow over the last few years, especially New Gorbals and Scotstoun - it's worth noting the stats only go to Q4 2015, although I don't think it's all that credible that there's been an explosion of building in 2016 specifically. It also seems (again anecdotally) like there's been a huge amount of student accommodation going up in partick/along the kelvin in the last 4 or 5 years, but I don't know if that sort of thing contributes towards the above figures.

Niric fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 24, 2016

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

It was a pretty smart move politically, not unreasonable to say it pushed the Tories over the top into getting a majority.

The problem was that Cameron overestimated his own/his teams campaigning skill and underestimated how much the right-wing press helped his success. The one time he had to fight a campaign without them on side he lost. It's hubris really, except instead of his own downfall it's the country that's doomed.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Pissflaps stop sending me weird and creepy PMs about how you are so tough you won't even stop posting just because I told you to.

PS stop posting.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

blowfish posted:

Pissflaps stop sending me weird and creepy PMs about how you are so tough you won't even stop posting just because I told you to.

PS stop posting.

post it

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tess'flaps is light, Tess'flaps is love.

And Brexit is too, there haven't been so many UKMT posts since at least the last general election, if not the one before it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

blowfish posted:

PS stop posting.

You know the tradition is you just post the lovely PMs people send you.

Private Speech posted:

Tess'flaps is light, Tess'flaps is love.

And Brexit is too, there haven't been so many UKMT posts since at least the last general election, if not the one before it.

If things were good we wouldnt be in here complaining about it.
Maybe flaps would be screaming into the void of an empty UKMT. But we'll never know.

Things will never be that good.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Spangly A posted:

I mean we're at a point we can safely establish that Cameron was a worse PM than Thatcher during their respective reigns, and that Osbourne was probably the worst chancellor ever (apart from GCs personal hero), thankfully they won't leave behind any real lasting ideology because they were too loving thick to even contemplate one
Cameron is up there with Anthony Eden on the list of 20th century prime ministers.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

blowfish posted:

PS stop posting.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Zephro posted:

Cameron is up there with Anthony Eden on the list of 20th century prime ministers.

He'll be on the list of 21st century pms

• Locked thread