Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

"Hey hon! Sorry your shitter's a bloody painful nightmare! Is it cool if I rail someone else's poopchute since yours is broke?"

And who says romance is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

quote:

--edit: We still have other ways to have sex that we love. We have a lot of things to cherish. We were just wondering how to deal with this instead of throwing everything away. Most important for him is me being healthy.

It sounds like the most important thing for that guy is loving someone else's butt because he's basically pouting and steering things toward that since his girlfriends butt is broken.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

blarzgh posted:

im not sticking around to find out what happens to the pocket-quiche

Spoilers: It makes a comeback 3-4 days later.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Butted out of budding butthead boyfriend's buttsex by your own butt

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

couldn't he just get a side piece buttslut on the dl like a normal person?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just sat and read all the caterham stories and holy poo poo

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I read some of the caterham stories and found myself eating all of my (as a reforming fat I buy only healthy weekend foods) snacks at a terrifying rate. I stopped before I could choke on a carrot stick.

Beware fellow goons

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

empty sea posted:

I read some of the caterham stories and found myself eating all of my (as a reforming fat I buy only healthy weekend foods) snacks at a terrifying rate. I stopped before I could choke on a carrot stick.

Beware fellow goons

they're really, really obviously fake and the author is kind of insufferable but for some reason I read them all. Reminds me of when people would post all their totally cool and true stories of being a badass janitor/hotel clerk/whatever in GBS

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Profondo Rosso posted:

they're really, really obviously fake and the author is kind of insufferable but for some reason I read them all. Reminds me of when people would post all their totally cool and true stories of being a badass janitor/hotel clerk/whatever in GBS

I don't reddit. Is /r/fatpeoplestories for fiction, or for supposedly true stories? Those stories are obviously bullshit, but many people in the comments seem to be taking them totally seriously.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Centripetal Horse posted:

I don't reddit. Is /r/fatpeoplestories for fiction, or for supposedly true stories? Those stories are obviously bullshit, but many people in the comments seem to be taking them totally seriously.

the stories are all 1000% true b/c HAMBEASTS and LANDWHALES are human scum who would do anything as long as it was wrong and disgusting

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They're supposed to be true but people are discouraged to try to "verify" them or anything so it's just a collection of amusing stories that you're supposed to take at face value for amusement (or sadness).

Frog Act posted:

the stories are all 1000% true b/c HAMBEASTS and LANDWHALES are human scum who would do anything as long as it was wrong and disgusting

Not all hamplanets.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Jack Trades posted:

They're supposed to be true but people are discouraged to try to "verify" them or anything so it's just a collection of amusing stories that you're supposed to take at face value for amusement (or sadness).

Ah. It's like that.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Profondo Rosso posted:

I'm sure they're fake or at least incredibly embellished but I do know a girl (also in Australia) who has similar traits to Caterham. She's very big, overly sexual and always dresses inappropriately, terribly poor makeup skills, overinflated sense of self, etc. Most people don't put up with her for long enough to write a novella about her though.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The answer is "yes if she is into you and doing the same but also no because she's in a relationship" and "no if you're her friend and a Good Guy™".

Judging by the wording this guy is definitely the latter.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 1, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Don't doxx me I just want senpai to think about me.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khorne posted:

The answer is "yes if she is into you and doing the same" and "no if you're her friend and a Good Guy™".

Thanks for explaining it to me.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Thanks for explaining it to me.
I did a bad job explaining it okay??? The answer is almost always no even if she is fantasizing about you physically.

All he needs to do is reverse the situation. If he were in a committed relationship how would he feel about her saying that poo poo to him. I feel like idiots who write and think like that never do this simple thought exercise.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 1, 2016

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Ah. It's like that.

If you do a style comparison using any number of widgets between "Ginger" and Oliver you get like >95% style matching no matter what widget you use. But you don't even need to do that with CaterHam, the story goes way past the bounds of credulity.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hate Fibration posted:

If you do a style comparison using any number of widgets between "Ginger" and Oliver you get like >95% style matching no matter what widget you use.

I didn't get that kind of result when I just tried it.
What kind of tool are you using?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Hate Fibration posted:

If you do a style comparison using any number of widgets between "Ginger" and Oliver you get like >95% style matching no matter what widget you use. But you don't even need to do that with CaterHam, the story goes way past the bounds of credulity.

It's funny you mention that. I already ran a test like that. I was certain it was one writer, but I wanted to quantify it. I got a .88, which is "well above" what you would expect from two different writers. As you said, though, it's obvious fiction, anyway.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thread in which a redditor outs himself as an antisemitic white supremacist on the /r/rickandmorty subreddit. it's a beautiful slow motion meltdown where he tries to explain how Zionists controlling the media is a bad thing but he's totally not an antisemite

https://np.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/4vcwva/had_to_pause_while_watching_a_video_wait_a_minute/?st=irbegff1&sh=4810cac9

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frog Act posted:

thread in which a redditor outs himself as an antisemitic white supremacist on the /r/rickandmorty subreddit. it's a beautiful slow motion meltdown where he tries to explain how Zionists controlling the media is a bad thing but he's totally not an antisemite

https://np.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/4vcwva/had_to_pause_while_watching_a_video_wait_a_minute/?st=irbegff1&sh=4810cac9

That is one defensive Nazi

To actually see any drama I had to scroll past a whole bunch of Redditors typing Bojack Horseman lines into Reddit verbatim and trading upvotes though, because Reddit is awful

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Frog Act posted:

Oh, yeah. Some good stuff in there.

Someone points out that the poster is a Holocaust denier who posted in an AMA by a Holocaust survivor, and that he has been known to "blame" Jews when he dies in video games.

quote:

Puh-lease. I didn't blame them, I just used them as a cursed word that time. But no. You're right. Jews are great. They're the most lovely awesome people there is in the world, and they're simply the best. I love them so much. Especially Ricky Moranis. Oh, and Harrison Ford. And Natalie Portman! And Leonard Nimoy. How freaking great is Spock, huh? Although I always loved TNG a lot more, but Spock really made old Star Wars cool too. But yeah, if you actually call me on my BS and ask me to name Jews by name that I don't like, I can't really come up with a single name. Ask me to name ones I love, there's lots of names.

Numerous people ask, "Why is it that you're watching KKK videos?"

quote:

Did it ever occur to you that maybe I listen to a broad variety of material?

I think this still counts for /r/relationships, but is relationships are with ignorance (best friends) and reality (estranged.)

Edit:

loquacius posted:

That is one defensive Nazi

To actually see any drama I had to scroll past a whole bunch of Redditors typing Bojack Horseman lines into Reddit verbatim and trading upvotes though, because Reddit is awful

It's absolutely the loving worst. Reddit is practically unreadable, which is why 99% of the Reddit I see comes from threads like this.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Cuckoo posted:

This is real. I suffered for years with constant :nms: vagina issues and it turns out it was scented stuff. Cut it out and like magic, no more infections. Then it started dating another guy and the problems immediately came back - he was washing himself with scented stuff.

A lot of women with bad fish pussies are probably sensitive to scented products and using them anyway without realizing how bad it is because they aren't in any pain or are immune to their own funk.

thank u for bravely telling the internet about ur disgusting fetid vagina

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just sat and read all the caterham stories and holy poo poo

They probably seem like bullshit if you're from the US. If you're an Australian, and especially if you've ever been to Perth, you know that they are ALL TOO REAL

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

literally a fish posted:

They probably seem like bullshit if you're from the US. If you're an Australian, and especially if you've ever been to Perth, you know that they are ALL TOO REAL

Yeah, the more I read through it (nearly at the end of the Bali holiday) the more I can see how this could easily be based on a real person with not that much exaggeration. The personality traits the writer attributes to Caterham sound more and more like unmanaged bipolar or BPD and when you have a family member like that who refuses to confront their own illness eventually it can become easier to enable them or just be passive in the face of their insanity than to fight a constant losing war with them to try and change their behaviour.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Frog Act posted:

Snackrib posted:

Uhm, what constitutes a Holocaust? I'll have you know that prior to the Holocaust, the Jewish establishment organized and executed a mass genocide of Ukrainians that ranged in the millions, referred to as the Holodomor. After World War 2, the Allies murdered millions of Germans. If that's not a Holocaust, I don't know what is.
This guy has got to be into the neo-reactionary dark enlightenment stuff that says Marxism is a creation of the Jews from the Frankfurt School to destroy western society.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Im That One Guy posted:

This guy has got to be into the neo-reactionary dark enlightenment stuff that says Marxism is a creation of the Jews from the Frankfurt School to destroy western society.

Today I learned Josef Stalin was "the Jewish establishment"

The atheist son of Georgian Orthodox parents who ran a communist country and (among a bunch of other things of course) purged "Jewish nationalists" as American agents was apparently a well-liked Orthodox rebbe or something

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's funny you mention that. I already ran a test like that. I was certain it was one writer, but I wanted to quantify it. I got a .88, which is "well above" what you would expect from two different writers. As you said, though, it's obvious fiction, anyway.
the idea that there's a subreddit devoted to making up imaginary stories about non-existent fat people and their evil ways makes the whole thing exponentially funnier to me because everyone involved is insane and trying to make themselves feel sane by writing obesity fanfiction about people even more insane than them

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Anime is what happens when the Jews don't control the media.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Anime is what happens when the Jews don't control the media.

You remember the lost tribes of Israel? Guess where they all went :japan: The Japanese are just deep cover Jews, anime is how they control the media.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I love wedding drama so much

My [33M] brother in law [36M] manipulated the sickly priest at my wedding

quote:

Got married yesterday, beautiful ceremony, wonderful reception everyone had a good time. Two weeks before my wedding, the priest emailed my wife [31f]explaining that he is not feeling well (recovering from c-diff and a hernia operation) would like to enlist the help of another priest to help with the ceremony because he cannot stand on his feet for very long. We of course had no problem with this. During the ceremony, the other priest was not present, which was strange to my wife and I, however, the process went off without a hitch.

During the cocktail hour the priest approached my wife and apologized for "disrespecting her" and explaining "that if he knew that enlisting the help of another priest was distasteful he would have never asked". My wife was obviously confused by this and became rather upset. Turns out, my brother in law, an MD who is heavily involved in the church where we were married told the priest that two priests were distasteful and that my wife did not want them. This of course was a lie.

The rest of the night went great but in the morning I approached him about his behavior. I told him calmly that I did not appreciate him circumventing us, and explained that he owes my wife an apology. He did not speak with her at all. Later in the same day, I texted him "you owe your sister an apology".

An hour after the text was sent, my wife's mother [69f] called her screaming, that I shouldn't get involved and that she has no problem with her sons behavior. She also explained that she did not want the second priest because she did not want to pay him another $250. (We did not, the original priest said the second one would not charge us) My wife called her brother, furious, and demanded an apology, he did, but then proceeded to say that we "did not take the church service seriously because we were laughing and smiling during parts of it"

That's pretty much where the story ends, and I cannot help but think that my brother in law is an amazing hypocrite. Not only did he manipulate a sick mans behavior for virtually no reason, he also lied by omission to my wife and I and disrespected the same church that he chastised me for "not taking seriously". This man is a Medical Doctor, who is supposed to save people's lives, why didn't he have more empathy for the sick priest? I cannot think that he's a terrible person, I don't want to interact with people like that, but I'm stuck with this person for the rest of my life. Where should I go from here?

TL/DR my brother in law lied and told a sick priest that he had to do the work of two people.

Edit: additional information, BIL had 3 priests at his own wedding, including his FIL who is a church official in a congregation 4 hours away. Possible motivation here, he could have been trying to have his FIL help out with the service for some reason.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Gabriel Pope posted:

You remember the lost tribes of Israel? Guess where they all went :japan: The Japanese are just deep cover Jews, anime is how they control the media.

The Protocols of The Elders of Zeon.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

I'm sorry, they let redsolocup be their community manager? No wonder things are going to poo poo, Krug has always been an rear end hole.

When the frogs by me told me they were driving around high and decided to chase me down windy streets in the middle of no where, he was one of the loudest to say I was being a cry baby essentially. No rear end hole, being concerned one of them told me they smoke up while driving, then
having them follow me around side roads aggressively is a valid concern. You failed then and it looks like you're failing now.

A simple hey we hear you, we're trying is all it takes. You didn't do that 2-3 years ago and you're not doing it now.
Edit: minor text fixes.

check out this schizophrenic man being upset about something pokemon go related

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zakharov posted:

I love wedding drama so much

My [33M] brother in law [36M] manipulated the sickly priest at my wedding

if someone tells me that I smiled or laughed too much during my wedding ceremony I'd probably tell them to drink satan's jizz imo

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

if someone tells me that I smiled or laughed too much during my wedding ceremony I'd probably tell them to drink satan's jizz imo

The priest at my wedding started to go on too long, and I told him to, "wrap it up, padre"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao i found a hella funnny subreddit

quote:

Do any of my fellow INTJs copy the seemingly pointless social norms around them to get by at work? I do and I'm wondering if it's a common tactic among us.

After leaving my bubble of introverted intellectualism at university 7 years ago and joining the world of work, I found myself encountering social norms I had never previously come into contact with and therefore had no prior experience dealing with. For example, small talk in the kitchen, small talk before getting down to business in a meeting (so much small talk!) and schmoozing with the boss. For the first year or so I ignored this behaviour, but soon realised that in order to "get on" I had to partake too. So I watched everyone and copied. I faked it. And I still do. The only thing I have trouble with is sucking up to authority - I have no idea how to do this (any tips?!)

I took the MBPT on Friday and after finding out I was INTJ I read about it extensively. Finding out that not having an instictive understanding of these social niceties is normal for us was a real moment of realisation. Especially because I'm female so people expect me to be chatty and outwardly empathetic. I also often get told to not look so worried when going into meetings with superiors. I'm not worried. This is my face.

So as I've already said, I was wondering if anyone else had any examples of faking it until they made it? I also remember at university one of my friends always berating me for answering the phone with "hi...what do you want?" instead of exchanging social pleasantries first. I just wanted to get to the point! But now I realise that was seen as rude so I now always ask how people are when they call. Not that I really want to though.

Maybe there's a wider issue here about social norms benefitting certain personality types (the most common?) and why (because they're the most common?). But that's a question for another day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/intj

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Frog Act posted:

lmao i found a hella funnny subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/intj

I think that person might actually be an "r word", not just introverted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009