Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If Republicans are feeling a huge loss on the horizon will they turn it into a rout by abandoning Trump to save themselves?

I mean there has to be a point where Republicans want to win their local elections and have to say "okay, I know you are showing up to vote Hillary but please vote for me and not the D candidate I swear I'm not crazy like Trump".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
:lol:

https://twitter.com/dznyc/status/760224076078145536

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySlippers posted:

If Republicans are feeling a huge loss on the horizon will they turn it into a rout by abandoning Trump to save themselves?

I mean there has to be a point where Republicans want to win their local elections and have to say "okay, I know you are showing up to vote Hillary but please vote for me and not the D candidate I swear I'm not crazy like Trump".

They pulled the trigger at the RNC and passed the point of no return. Trump time all the time :radcat:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

Hahahaha Pro-Fracking Site for Millennials.

http://www.frackfeed.com/

*A Project of North Texans for Natural Gas*

I'm lost for words how bad this is

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

I need Clinton to walk away with like 370 EVs. Cmon Nate stop edging me

This is where I'm at. Anything short of a rout will be disappointing. I want to be able to rub Republican noses in their own filth come November.

Course that doesn't work on dogs, even, who seem to have more self awareness than Republican leadership.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

FuzzySlippers posted:

How do you convince someone to show up to vote, not vote for Trump and then vote for the Senator that endorsed him 6 months ago.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

This is where I'm at. Anything short of a rout will be disappointing. I want to be able to rub Republican noses in their own filth come November.

Course that doesn't work on dogs, even, who seem to have more self awareness than Republican leadership.

Also the bigger the rout the more difficult it will be for Trump to say the election was rigged.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

uPen posted:

How do you convince someone to show up to vote, not vote for Trump and then vote for the Senator that endorsed him 6 months ago.
Republicans don't have memory spans.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kilroy posted:

IIRC the Democrats only had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate for something like a month, which as you can imagine was required to pass anything of consequence.

Al Franken finally got seated July 7 2009 and Ted Kennedy died August 25 2009. That was the only period where they had a filibuster proof majority and Ted Kennedy was pretty much dying and not doing any legislating during that period anyway.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

Also the bigger the rout the more difficult it will be for Trump to say the election was rigged.

Or for Putin to rig it

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

This is a pretty big deal

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/01/politics/trump-vs-clinton-presidential-polls-election-2016/index.html

quote:

Further, a majority of Clinton's backers now say their vote is more to show support for her than to oppose Trump, a sharp shift since early May. Back then, 48% said their vote was one of support for the former secretary of state, 58% say so now. While Trump also improved his numbers on that metric, his voters are more evenly divided, with 47% saying they're backing him to show support and 50% saying it's more to oppose Clinton.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Agreed. Nate's out of his gourd if he thinks Gary Johnson's going to get 7.4% of the popular vote when he got less than 1% in 2012.

I said I was sorry dammit...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lol

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Everything being said now about Russia and the war in Iraq/Afghanistan certainly shows that.

In 2004 deaths in Iraq were Hillary's fault!!! I have a disability where I literally cannot remember who was president before the current one!!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Do it right :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MU7Ljz0EDE

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Call him Nate Colloidal Silver the way he's turning that map blue

:laffo:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Please do not suddenly start panicking when this bounce levels out. Please.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What is interesting about this latest poll is that it turned Florida and Ohio into light blue states on both the polls and polls plus model

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ImpAtom posted:

never

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ImpAtom posted:

No, I am gonna ride the election roller coaster until I threw up and you can't stop me

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Reminder that people in this thread who don't understand statistics thought Nate Silver had his finger on the scale for Trump and we explained in detail that exactly this would happen and why.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FactsAreUseless posted:

But it produced the best debate you'll ever see. One of the candidates was a pro-LGBT leather-wearing biker libertarian.

Governor Otter had the biggest poo poo-eating grin after the debate while his real opponent looked like he wanted to express his Second Amendment rights to the entire auditorium.

Kudos to whichever Otter staffer watched Alpha House. :v:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Don't tell me what to do :colbert:

This was brought to my attention

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BTW, I have tried to be coy about it but what is the origin of Arzy?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This isn't a bounce, it's a leveling back to the true level that we saw in June. True story.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Metapod posted:

I'm lost for words how bad this is

oh god the memes page

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There was poster named Arzy. He Arzy'd a lot. His name became the verb.

(It later turned out he was a complete gently caress-you-got-mine conservative who got deep into Obamarama IIRC?)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

(It later turned out he was a complete gently caress-you-got-mine conservative who got deep into Obamarama IIRC?)

Cheers, google made me think it had something to do with shooting a dog

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this might help

Edit: beaten :argh:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ImpAtom posted:

Or maybe he was a banker who in 2008 hadn't had his brain entirely eaten by financial sector brainslugs and was still a liberal scum idealist, one of the two, can't recall.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/760224732470009857

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

botany posted:

Reminder that people in this thread who don't understand statistics thought Nate Silver had his finger on the scale for Trump and we explained in detail that exactly this would happen and why.

Looking at the now-cast and "adjusted leader" columns for New Hampshire right now and yep, I definitely misunderstood Nate's methodology.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What is interesting about this latest poll is that it turned Florida and Ohio into light blue states on both the polls and polls plus model

Iowa flipped on at least one of them as well iirc.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

berserker posted:

Looking at the now-cast and "adjusted leader" columns for New Hampshire right now and yep, I definitely misunderstood Nate's methodology.
Same. Now-cast is still a bizarre thing to have so visible though.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Same as ever, on that front. Fox depends on them not being able to remember a week ago clearly.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
I'm on a tablet so I can't load half of cnn, but can someone check that CNN poll to see what the 18-34 tab was?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dirt posted:

Sexually harassed at work? Just go find a new job!

This election is insane.

Trump is so loving determined to lose women and minorities it's incredible. Jury's still out if he's as out of touch as the Romneys, though.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TheOneOutside posted:

I'm on a tablet so I can't load half of cnn, but can someone check that CNN poll to see what the 18-34 tab was?

N/A again :rolleyes:

That said, Clinton wins 18-34 so this could have been an even bigger lead

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BTW, what is the deal with New Hampshire going red this go around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Jury's still out if he's as out of touch as the Romneys, though.

Oh hey the jury is back and the verdict is "holy gently caress yes why is this even a question"

• Locked thread