Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I don't think that Jill Stein is an anti science hack. I think her base is antiscience and if she makes a firm statement in support of vaccines without any caveats about the FDA being corrupted, they'll turn on her.

Either way every leftist holding their nose at Crooked Hillary should be taking a really hard look at Stein's valiant effort to burn every remaining ounce of integrity she has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

One thing to keep in mind is that this mostly represents 538 falling back into line with other models.

538's model seems pretty aggressive about filling in gaps in state-level polls. For a while there, in many swing states, it was projecting a 4-point swing Trump-ward that doesn't really seem to be materializing. Other models have been steadier; they're less likely to predict major shifts during periods where state polls aren't available, and more likely to just treat the most recent average as the best available guess.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Moving that the thread subtitle be changed to "The Wrath of Khan"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I am amazed Donald Trump is keeping the feud with the Khans alive.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN10C2GO

Donald is just determined to dunk all over himself. Over and over. Forever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I actually can't believe Trump is doubling even further down on this Khan poo poo, holy gently caress. Like, I shouldn't be surprised, I know, but this is goddamn insane

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

DemeaninDemon posted:

She's also vehemently anti nuclear and that's another knock in my book.

Same for me but They always seem to ignore my statements on that, like they wont even dignify that with a response.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MrAristocrates posted:

God, I actually can't believe Trump is doubling even further down on this Khan poo poo, holy gently caress. Like, I shouldn't be surprised, I know, but this is goddamn insane
The impressive thing, which we won't know for a while, is if this is actually where he's gone too far.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Why does a Muslim terrorist supporter send his son to fight for America in Iraq for fucks sake.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why does a Muslim terrorist supporter send his son to fight for America in Iraq for fucks sake.

To help get Clinton elected. See, it's working!!!

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Taqiya. Always taqiya!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it's that thing where they take that part of the Koran that says 'look no poo poo God expects you to be honorable but if you're waging literal war for your very lives against those that would destroy you you need to live to spread the faith' and assume it means literally anything not-terrorist a Muslim does is actually just deep cover super stealth to lure you into a false sense of security

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

SLEEPER AGENT

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

It’s Official: There Is No Trap Donald Trump Won’t Fall For I've never heard of redstate.com before but the despair here is pretty funny.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I really hope Mr Khan gets on TV ASAP to deliver another scathing rebuke because Trump just accused him of literally supporting terrorists.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The decade long con. IE

Brony Car posted:

SLEEPER AGENT

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I want to believe this will continue. I don't have that kind of faith in America though. It's going to be a close election because we're all idiots and millions of people will forget this if Trump ever stops talking about the Khans for a few minutes.

That said, if Trump craters I hope to God that Hilary has the entire Khan (extended) family as guests of honor at her swearing in ceremony and her first SOTU address.

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/760258150926782464

Trump just guaranteed himself another day of media coverage over this Khan flap.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What Trump is actually saying is "Khan isn't mad at me for what I said, he's mad that OBAMA and CLINTON are wasting his son's sacrifice by allowing thousands of terrorists into the country. As one of of the good ones, Khan of course supports all of my policies."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

What Trump is actually saying is "Khan isn't mad at me for what I said, he's mad that OBAMA and CLINTON are wasting his son's sacrifice by allowing thousands of terrorists into the country. As one of of the good ones, Khan of course supports all of my policies."

Trump isn't even mad. He finds this misunderstanding funny, actually.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He's not saying Khan is mad that he's going to block Muslim immigration, he's saying Khan is mad because America isn't blocking Muslim immigration yet, like Khan wants. Read the statement more closely.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This just in: Donald Trump statement completely insane, but not in the way you think. Will it affect his chances? Who knows anymore!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Remember that republican Task force that released a post mortum in 2012? Remember how they were going to learn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRb5okQkt6g

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FuzzySlippers posted:

It’s Official: There Is No Trap Donald Trump Won’t Fall For I've never heard of redstate.com before but the despair here is pretty funny.

They're not wrong. It was a blatant trap and even the most bush league politician could have avoided it. Hopefully some folks who are decent people surrounded by the worst of people have a come-to-Jesus moment over it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Do Republicans really think that literally thousands of aspiring terrorists are pouring into this country? Like do they really believe that number, that scale? loving literal retarded people know that's absurd.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spiffster posted:

Remember that republican Task force that released a post mortum in 2012? Remember how they were going to learn?

One of the five lead authors of that formally quit the GOP this morning!

I'm probably completely misremembering this, but wasn't there almost immediate party pushback once that report was released, or did they at least pretend to take it seriously? I have a faint memory of reading that the general response from a lot of party members was to be mad about the idea of "pandering" to Hispanics.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Eifert Posting posted:

They're not wrong. It was a blatant trap and even the most bush league politician could have avoided it. Hopefully some folks who are decent people surrounded by the worst of people have a come-to-Jesus moment over it.

Give them credit for the metaphor though.

quote:

Trump's latest reaction, perhaps better thought of as an abreaction, is the latest in a long series of imbecile responses to minor and manageable provocations. To be clear, there is obviously nothing minor about losing a son in battle, but as a political matter the towel boy in the RNC pool would know enough to acknowledge and honor the sacrifice while refocusing the conversation on the real issue of radical Islam. The utter folly of trying to seal-club Gold Star parents would be self-evident to the towel.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

He's not saying Khan is mad that he's going to block Muslim immigration, he's saying Khan is mad because America isn't blocking Muslim immigration yet, like Khan wants. Read the statement more closely.

I don't think so, he stated that in the same way he criticized the judge. "We're going to build a wall, that's what he's actually mad about." vs "We're going to stop letting in Radical Islamic Terrorists TM, that's what he's actually mad about."

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Aerox posted:

One of the five lead authors of that formally quit the GOP this morning!

I'm probably completely misremembering this, but wasn't there almost immediate party pushback once that report was released, or did they at least pretend to take it seriously? I have a faint memory of reading that the general response from a lot of party members was to be mad about the idea of "pandering" to Hispanics.

There was if memory serves and they tried their best to push forward as the base recoiled even FURTHER right

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Even if that's the intention he said it in the worst way possible. And it's loving offensive that he means to put such vile words in Mr Khans mouth.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

This just in: Donald Trump statement completely insane, but not in the way you think. Will it affect his chances? Who knows anymore!

I don't see "What concerns this guy who said I'm incapable of empathy most is our lack of border security" as something Trump would say, because it's not an attack on someone who's attacking him. It's almost like a misguided attempt to diffuse, some kind of insane olive branch, which Trump would never ever do.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Apparently this was one of the big things Assange was talking about re: upcoming email leaks.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/07/29/paris-strikes-astonishing-partnership-secret-isis-sponsor-ties-hillary-clinton/

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Since this thread moves so fast (15 pages in one day) it's probably old news by now but apparently polls are showing Clinton as competitive in loving Georgia.

If Trump keeps up like this he will lose every state.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do Republicans really think that literally thousands of aspiring terrorists are pouring into this country? Like do they really believe that number, that scale? loving literal retarded people know that's absurd.

A lot of the saner ones do not, but there's a core constituency that believes all muslims are either already secret terrorists or one small step away from strapping on a suicide vest, so in their minds any muslim immigration = terrorist immigration.

They genuinely believe there's no such thing as a peaceful muslim. See:

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rev-graham-islam-not-religion-peace-it-violent-form-faith

http://freedomoutpost.com/still-think-islam-is-a-religion-of-peace-you-wont-after-seeing-this/

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/islam-is-the-most-violent-religion-in-the-world-but-lets-keep-calling-it-peaceful-anyway/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Nessus posted:

Moving that the thread subtitle be changed to "The Wrath of Khan"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Apparently this was one of the big things Assange was talking about re: upcoming email leaks.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/07/29/paris-strikes-astonishing-partnership-secret-isis-sponsor-ties-hillary-clinton/

Someone post Taylor Swifts "yeah ok" .gif.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I guarantee you guys that this is nowhere near peak Trump frenzy. There is so much more potential there! There are like 95 days left; things are going to get so much more bizarre

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
Well, it's the first day of a brand new month, and that means it's time for Trump to burn down his entire campaign again.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/760267388575113216

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really hope Mr Khan gets on TV ASAP to deliver another scathing rebuke because Trump just accused him of literally supporting terrorists.

Nah, Khan needs to stay out of it now. He did his job, and anything further is going to damage his ability to live as a private citizen.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Zerilan posted:

This can't possibly be what he was referencing, could it?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

potato of destiny posted:

Well, it's the first day of a brand new month, and that means it's time for Trump to burn down his entire campaign again.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/760267388575113216

I initially read this as 'Trump ate Brooklover first'. Which is honestly pretty plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nah, Khan needs to stay out of it now. He did his job, and anything further is going to damage his ability to live as a private citizen.

If Khan keeps up like this he'll run for Senate in 2018 and win.

• Locked thread