Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ImpAtom posted:

Multiple people are making (or seeming to make) the complete unironic argument that Donald Trump literally wants to molest his daughter, not just mocking his creepy words, that is why I even brought it up. It's gone from 'making fun of a stupid thing he said' to it feeling like people honestly believe it and that's how crappy rumors get perpetuated.

I don't think Trump literally wants to molest his daughter, I just think that the only way Trump understands how to deal with or contextualize women is as either sexual objects, ego-stroking adornments, or instruments of his will, and that this causes him to constantly engage public behavior which is absolutely indistinguishable from someone who wants to gently caress their own daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

DE Supreme Court just ruled that the state's death penalty is unconstitutional.

Meanwhile, Texas is preparing to execute an innocent man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh please like we don't execute an innocent guy every other time.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Funny that Microsoft just changed the gun emoji in windows from a toy space zapper to a more realistic one to fit more with all the other vendors.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

A Winner is Jew posted:

The gun is good. The penis is evil.

USPol September title already, hot drat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Latest ad buy nos are in:

If campaign fundamentals matter at all, Trump is doomed.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

#nothingmatters :smugdon:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol Hillary really thinks PA and VA are safe doesn't she.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Levon, Levon likes his money

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

emdash posted:

stdh.jpg (I'm not sure how I saw this, someone I follow RT'd it)

https://twitter.com/TrumpSoCal/status/760187974046720000

Liberals are the real species-ists.

Epic High Five posted:

Roger Stone calls for a peaceful bloodbath

"We aren't going to touch anybody, the blood will just be coming out of their whatever unprompted."

FilthyImp posted:

Ooh, insulting a baby. That's almost what I wanted. But insulting a baby doesn't get that sweet, sweet release of clickbait.

That baby was asking for it by being such a dick. That baby doesn't want to make America great again.

TheBigAristotle posted:

And now for the latest dispatch from the psychos at Breitbart, desperately trying to find a way to smear the father of a fallen soldier:

:siren:Panic Mode: Khizr Khan Deletes Law Firm Website that Specialized in Muslim Immigration:siren:

A man who is obviously being harassed and slandered online is removing his online presence? This is suspicious and shocking. I am suspicious and shocked.

Tim Kaine admits the baby was a Hillary plant.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dexo posted:

It doesn't matter, anyhow, since Trump has spent essentially no money in either

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
lol how many people do you reach with $15,000 in TV advertising

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Late but I'd put 100$ into a fund dedicated to be spent on infrastructure with no payout and I earn less than 30k before bonuses. I think a flat fund could raise decent money as a supplement.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 2, 2016

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

the good news if trump wins is it really disproves the influence of big money on our elections

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

Late but I'd put 100$ into a fund grunted to be spent on infrastructure with no payout and I earn less than 30k before bonuses. I think a flat fund could raise decent money as a supplement.

This isn't a new idea but it's one that almost exclusively comes from Democrats.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/760564275530207232
This is Christie's former aide btw

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dexo posted:

Kaine is incredibly popular in VA along with McAuliffe so she's kinda right to think that state is locked up.

PA has Pilly so it's safer than most would seem given how loving rural the rest of the state is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pakled posted:

lol how many people do you reach with $15,000 in TV advertising

Drunk college kids watching bad TV at like 3 in the morning.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dexo posted:

Who will assume it's just another Adult Swim avant-garde humor attempt anyway.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
PA is a lock, and I hate giving them credit for anything.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
USPOL August: "Get 'em out. Take their binkies."

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

WingsOfSteel posted:

USPOL August: "Get 'em out. Take their binkies."

But enough about republicans in congress.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hillary should pay Eric Andre a bunch of money to just follow Trump's campaign around in a van and shout things at him.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

Actually the Obama campaign made a big deal about buying calculated ad buys in those cheapest time slots (2am/2pm) and targeting the working class.

They purchased direct access to cable box demographics for Denver and other key cities so they could micro-target not just by demographic but by ad slot too.

This forgoes the usually campaign discount, but often because the slots are cheaper it doesn't matter.

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Prester Jane posted:

Honestly I lean heavily in the "Trump has hosed his daughter" camp, but not really because of what he has said (which as others have pointed out is not unusual for a Narcissist) but because of his body language and the way he touches her. Trump won't shake hands with anyone but reached for a handful of his daughters rear end at the RNC, to say nothing of all the photos with his daughter where he publicly is displaying faaaaaaaaar more physical intimacy than he has ever shown with any of his wives.

For a Narcissist like Trump he would feel no hesitation whatsoever if the urge struck him to molest his daughter. She is his property, a thing with which he can amuse himself from time to time. She exists (like everyone else in Trump's world) to give him pleasure on demand.

Look at the pictures he takes with her, and then look at the pictures he takes with his wives. His wives are ornaments to be displayed, (like trophies on a shelf) but his daughter is shown real physical affection.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I don't think Trump literally wants to molest his daughter, I just think that the only way Trump understands how to deal with or contextualize women is as either sexual objects, ego-stroking adornments, or instruments of his will, and that this causes him to constantly engage public behavior which is absolutely indistinguishable from someone who wants to gently caress their own daughter.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Prester Jane is right but I tend to think more what Old Kentucky Shark is describing.

What's the most offensive to me is that Trump thinks the only thing holding him back from being able to date his daughter is that she's his daughter. In his mind if she wasn't his daughter he could just have her if he wanted. It never occurs to him that she might not want him back. He's just so narcissistic that he assumes any and all women are his for the taking just like any other object.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Hillary should pay Eric Andre a bunch of money to just follow Trump's campaign around in a van and shout things at him.

Ah the George "Macaca" Allen ploy

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I have to wonder how much TV ads are going to impact this election. There was data in 2012 and 2008 that TV ads matter less and less and I think that 2016 will continue the trend. How many people out there were going to vote Trump, but then a TV ad changes their mind?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I have to wonder how much TV ads are going to impact this election. There was data in 2012 and 2008 that TV ads matter less and less and I think that 2016 will continue the trend. How many people out there were going to vote Trump, but then a TV ad changes their mind?

IIRC the data showed that at a certain level TV ads weren't effective due to saturation, and it wasn't effective for changing minds but either getting people out to vote for their preferred candidate or getting people to stay home for their preferred candidate.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

IIRC the data showed that at a certain level TV ads weren't effective due to saturation, and it wasn't effective for changing minds but either getting people out to vote for their preferred candidate or getting people to stay home for their preferred candidate.

To add to this, nobody's mind gets changed anymore (true independents are a myth), it's pretty much all down to turnout.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I don't think we're going to get any general lessons about presidential politics from this cycle except "don't let a conman hijack your party using racism and populism". All political reports about new campaign records or factoids are going to have (except 2016) appended after them for as long as the republic endures.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Joe Biden can officiate a wedding? Is that a power from being the VP or something else?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Joe Biden can officiate a wedding? Is that a power from being the VP or something else?

Anyone can officiate a wedding, it takes like $20 and 5 minutes to get an online certification.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lemming posted:

To add to this, nobody's mind gets changed anymore (true independents are a myth), it's pretty much all down to turnout.

On the other hand, I was listening to an interview with one voter who said her vote might honestly depend on if she saw the "In His Own Words" ad on Election Day. She believed in Trump but couldn't handle the sexism.

Ads are of marginal effect but elections are all about the margins.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mahoning posted:

We now have video evidence of the Trump baby incident, edited brilliantly into a Vine: https://vine.co/v/5AFAzwhubeZ

Trump is funny, that's one thing he's always had going for him.

I really hope people aren't trying to run with this like it's a gaffe. It's a joke. We have plenty (an incredible amount, the most ever) of stuff to go on, there's no need to try and distort meaningless stuff like this into a gotcha. Stay focused people!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zoux posted:

I have an idea lets not spend any money on advertising our cause that should work

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The thing is that a lot of people say that they're undecided or considering their options or whatever, but in reality fall back on whichever candidate they preferred to begin with.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yeah in my experience it's a way to seem intellectual or above the fray but every undecided I've ever met I could guess exactly who they would vote for and they never changed their mind in the face of evidence or argument from peers. Much less from TV ads.

All down to helping people get to the polls.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Found my wedding officiant.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'd marry someone at random if it meant Biden would officiate

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

A bunch of apolitical, traditional "vote reds" that I know are changing from Trump to Hillary because he's a vile human being.

There are most definitely a significant group of people that do not have their minds made up because both the candidates are disliked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

A bunch of apolitical, traditional "vote reds" that I know are changing from Trump to Hillary because he's a vile human being.

There are most definitely a significant group of people that do not have their minds made up because both the candidates are disliked.

Right but they probably solidified their choice once the candidates were set. The point is that they aren't going back and forth and this point, they've already made their decision (even if this time it's weird people are switching from voting R to voting D, but that's because Trump is such a uniquely loving horrible candidate).

• Locked thread