Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

what is ag group in this context, attorney general or agricultural

The latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

what is ag group in this context, attorney general or agricultural

Agricultural. Tea party fuckwits can't comprehend compromises like the ag bill+snap.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cythereal posted:

If Trump somehow ends up on TV with the likes of Oliver or Stewart, you know this is going to happen. "Agrabah vs Durotar, what are your views on this important but troubled international border?"

"Prince Ali - Fabulious He - Ali-Al-Bobwa is rumored to have committed genocide on the local sand people tribes. Yet we still value him as a key US favoring ally in our War on Terror. Mr. Trump, should we continue to maintain that relationship, even when this threatens to lose support from Emperor Ganishka of the Nation of Kush and Princess Yum-Yum of Golden City, also key allies in the Middle East against ISIS?"

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Does anyone know if the new guy is an establishment dude or just a varying shade of Tea Party crazy?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VitalSigns posted:

That's been their problem this whole time. Republican politicians had multiple chances to stop Trump by cooperating but that would mean putting aside their own egos and ambitions temporarily for the good of the party, the country, and their own long-term interests so nope they just mashed the "betray" button for 7 straight months, counting on someone else to fall on that grenade and leave them standing.

Remember when it was down to four and they were still squabbling over who took votes from who?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else had their right wing friends on facebook go radio silent? It's silent on FB and my time at work dicking around on LI has been strikingly devoid of infuriating political comments.

It seems that things have gotten so bad even American Republican doublethink can't cope.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

We don't know what the GOP floor is exactly, but it's probably somewhere between 30-40%.

Actually we do know the floor, it was experimentally derived by polling Cheney's favorability: 28%

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Crabtree posted:

"Prince Ali - Fabulious He - Ali-Al-Bobwa is rumored to have committed genocide on the local sand people tribes. Yet we still value him as a key US favoring ally in our War on Terror. Mr. Trump, should we continue to maintain that relationship, even when this threatens to lose support from Emperor Ganishka of the Nation of Kush and Princess Yum-Yum of Golden City, also key allies in the Middle East against ISIS?"

"Well I heard he's strong as ten regular men. You can't be safe with someone like that...look he's not safe ok? I've seen him. He's not a safe guy. Way too strong. And where's he from anyhow huh? Anyone ever see him before?"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Does anyone know if the new guy is an establishment dude or just a varying shade of Tea Party crazy?

He runs as a "not-a-politician" guy and thinks the solution to Kansas's problems is to double down on deregulation and castrating the EPA.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jazerus posted:

Once, Trump was happy to get one shot of attention per day. It played nicely with the news cycle so it seemed like an actual strategy. Now, his tolerance is rising and he can no longer pace his hits - every day is more controversial than the last, like a heroin addict accelerating to spending thousands of dollars per week and continuing to accelerate until they're entirely out of money.

I have to admit I thought Prester Jane's analysis of Trump was trying a little too hard to fit Trump into clinical narcissism. I have no doubt in her analysis after the last few days, though.

Does anyone have that handy? I was telling one of my friends about it and couldn't find the post and it says it far more eloquently and in-depth than I ever could.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Eifert Posting posted:

Has anyone else had their right wing friends on facebook go radio silent? It's silent on FB and my time at work dicking around on LI has been strikingly devoid of infuriating political comments.

It seems that things have gotten so bad even American Republican doublethink can't cope.

I mostly see concern trolling about Bernie, pro-libertarian stuff, and then some anti-gun control and BLM propaganda from right wing meme generators like "The Comical Conservative."

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles
If and when the GOP really does start splintering in a meaningful way, is there any kind of forecast on how many ex-Republicans are going to come over to the Democratic Party? I'm just wondering if one of the possible side effects of a very possible voter defection is going to be that the Democrats start getting pulled right.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Why am I getting strong deja vu from this?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
https://twitter.com/hillhulse/status/760668631923499008

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

HorseRenoir posted:

100% establishment

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jazerus posted:

Once, Trump was happy to get one shot of attention per day. It played nicely with the news cycle so it seemed like an actual strategy. Now, his tolerance is rising and he can no longer pace his hits - every day is more controversial than the last, like a heroin addict accelerating to spending thousands of dollars per week and continuing to accelerate until they're entirely out of money.

Trump Countdown to Election

Day 96
Trump claims BLM activists love his campaign. "These guys, you know these guys, there's lots and I mean lots of these guys who love me, know that I'm going to do great for them. So I tell them, Look. The FBI. The CIA. The NSA. They know who you are. They know what you do, who you talk to. I'm just looking out for them, just trying to help the little guy"

Day 95
Trump insults Malala Yousafzai, suggests she should wear a full-face covering. Later apology says "Just kidding! I mean it's not like I shot somebody right"

Day 94
Trump threatens to pull federal funding for LGBTQIA: "The women at these things. ugh. I'm telling you, ugh. I can tell you exactly what they need to straighten out, but we're going to have to look nationwide to find someone brave enough to take on that job. Maybe the Mexicans. I don't know, I don't know"

Day 93
Trump insults Hollywood. "I was at the movies this weekend. Well, you know, I have this... box... i think. I have this thing, and I can get the best, the very best, newest, movies in my house, on my plane. I like to watch, late at night, like to watch what everyone is watching. Very expensive this thing. And you know, have you looked at the kind of namby pamby "men" that are in these movies :Mr. Trump prances around the stage: Oh boo hoo my wife died, my kids died, boo hoo the girl won't look at me. It's pathetic, ridiculous, just so sad that this is what our boys have to look up to these days"

Day 92
Trump starts Twitter War with Kanye West, implying he could buy Kim Kardashian "Right out from under you"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 3, 2016

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Boehner having a list of everyone who made his life as Speaker hell and drinking a big glass of wine every time they lose their elections would be pretty sweet.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Necc0 posted:

In the alternate timeline he literally threw out the baby instead of figuratively

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Necc0 posted:

Because everything Trump says is in the same simplistic cadence.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Eifert Posting posted:

Usually they need at least a full 24 hours to get the spin correct and distributed from the Correct places and Trump is spewing poo poo faster than any of them can keep up with.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Eifert Posting posted:

Mine are all jumping on the Johnson train.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

axeil posted:

"Well I heard he's strong as ten regular men. You can't be safe with someone like that...look he's not safe ok? I've seen him. He's not a safe guy. Way too strong. And where's he from anyhow huh? Anyone ever see him before?"

"We've seen him personally drive back Al-Queda with the US army. He single handedly faced the galloping hordes, a hundred badguys with guns, bombs and swords. Who sent those terrorists back to our Lord, why, Prince Ali."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Who was it that posted that hilarious article jokingly claiming Trump was actually blackmailed into being a Russian plant and is actively trying to lose because he's a good, patriotic American? You should repost it, that was loving gold, especially in light of Manafort just straight up giving up on life.

It also sounds like a phenomenal pitch for a comedy movie. :allears:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
^^^
This summer. One Man. Asked to do the IMPOSSIBLE. Is in. the. fight. of. his. life.

The Manchurian Patriot
Rated R.

When's the Reddit/YouTube town hall, as I would ask this question:
"Mr. Trump. As President you would be facing unparalleled challenges to American sovereignty from rogue nations. How would you propose to deal with General KaTaffy's METAL GEAR initiative, and would you support sending troops into Outer Haven to rescue our POWs? Arigatou"

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/TrevorABranch/status/760604428307083264

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Radish posted:

Yeah I admit it's not a valid fear.

Drumpf insulted his wife and dad so I kinda want to give him a pass on that one.

Which reminds me, Cruz plagiarized Aaron Sorkin's The American President in his response ("she's way outta your league"). Plagiarism goes deep in the Republican party.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 3, 2016

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Always use flared based butt dildos.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ahahaha

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Crabtree posted:

"We've seen him personally drive back Al-Queda with the US army. He single handedly faced the galloping hordes, a hundred badguys with guns, bombs and swords. Who sent those terrorists back to our Lord, why, Prince Ali."

"I mean, have you all seen this guy? 75 golden camels! I'm rich. You know. Very rich, and I have way more than 75. At least a hundred. They're all really nice camels. The best camels. Plus the peacocks. Very nice color. Great color. The purple really shows. They look great. They're the best. That guy's zoo...it's not even second-class. Sad! And I mean get this. Get. This. He lets people in for free! For free? What 's he doing with that? I dunno, I dunno if we can trust a guy like that. That kind of guy. He's probably full of secrets."

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Crabtree posted:

"He's got the monkeys. Oh my god, he's got the monkeys. Environmentalists aren't talking about that. Wind killed his monkeys."

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The best part is the guy's twitter profile:
"Fisheries status, @bluewhalenews, R graphics, catch shares, #LeopoldLP. Worthington Endowed Professor of Fisheries Management"

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Eifert Posting posted:

Anecdotally can confirm, I just see the occasional hit piece on Hillary, but nothing pro-Trump atm.

Conservative talk radio was attacking Khizr Khan today though, so that was fun.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

moroboshi posted:

So Trump, who needs to win PA... Insults a city in PA?

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/760623911113490432

Manafort assigned Trump to watch the Biden debates to prepare for campaigning in Pennsylvania, but they were too boring so Trump watched the SNL versions instead.

"Scranton Pennsylvania is the worst place on earth! If you drive to the lowest circle of hell that's still 45 minutes outside of Scranton"

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

How has all of this happened in 24 loving hours

He mocked a baby, dissed a prime swing state, disparaged a deceased veteran's family AGAIN, and his campaign staff are playing Russian Roulette with ever-more chambers filled

24 hours

Someone needs to compile a chronological list of people and groups Trump has insulted during his campaign because I'm seriously losing track.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I haven't heard anybody support Trump on my feed of carefully cultivated conservative opinions since the Michelle speech at the DNC made it clear that their guy is a huge loser. Hit pieces on Clinton abound however. My favorite response is, "I absolutely stand behind Clinton and believe she is the best choice for this country, can you say the same about Trump?" which usually gets the ol' right wing panic pivot or total silence.

I need to lay off though because I can't have them blocking me.

fake edit - actually I have seen one person positively say Trump is their guy. He's the one who posts stuff like this a lot:

talking about the movie Hacksaw Ridge posted:

This looks good. I might even see it in theaters.
Too bad it is about some hippie peacenik human being who won't kill everything on the battlefield. At least it is directed by a known hater of (((certain people))), Mel "gotta gas 'em all" Gibson. (I'm assuming he directed Braveheart).

Surprising twist - I think he's only pro-Trump now because he's a profoundly angry and directionless man. He was a Cruz guy until he bailed. He is also the source of much of my non-SA Milo updates

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Anos posted:

Someone needs to compile a chronological list of people and groups Trump has insulted during his campaign because I'm seriously losing track.

Well, one thing is for sure: as of this moment, that list begins with Mexicans and ends with babies.

Has any candidate ever insulted babies, as a whole group?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

axeil posted:

"I mean, have you all seen this guy? 75 golden camels! I'm rich. You know. Very rich, and I have way more than 75. At least a hundred. They're all really nice camels. The best camels. Plus the peacocks. Very nice color. Great color. The purple really shows. They look great. They're the best. That guy's zoo...it's not even second-class. Sad! And I mean get this. Get. This. He lets people in for free! For free? What 's he doing with that? I dunno, I dunno if we can trust a guy like that. That kind of guy. He's probably full of secrets."

"We've also heard he is a very handsome young man. Apparently in a relationship with possibly both Ivanka and Tiffany Trump. Earlier this week, when asked for a quote they were "weak in the knee" as soon as we said his full name. Pictures of surfaced of the three of them in Agrabah Square, adjusting their veils to prepare for everyone to gawk, grovel and stare at their public belly dance for Prince Ali. Comments on this, Mr. Trump?"

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
The strongest trump supporter I know is a French Canadian... Yeah :psyduck:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spiffster posted:

Oh, so he posts in the Hillary thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Spiffster posted:

A Canadian Trump fan, do they post here?

• Locked thread