Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Goatman Sacks posted:

Are you loving kidding me?

A man who should have been hanged for treason and then revived so he could be hanged for sponsoring mass murder, who sold Iran 1000 guided anti-tank missiles, who funded nun-raping death squads... is lecturing us on Iran.

But he was totally justified! He had Saint Reagan's blessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lightning Knight posted:

I can't remember if it was on SA or somewhere else, but somebody said something to the effect of, no matter who you are or what political party you belong to, every American has that moment where they want to tear open their shirt to reveal a flag and chant USA like we just caught Osama again.

The Democratic Party has retaken patriotism from the Republicans, if only for one election. Don't deny us this moment. :colbert: :911:

Also patriotism in the US was much more about being an american in the sense that saying it's awesome being an american means everyone regardless of race or religion just gets together around a BBQ with beers and watches sports and poo poo, then W made it about never questioning authority/military and that might makes right.

W poisoned what US patriotism really is (and should be) in the same manner than the right wing has poisoned christianity over the last 30 years and that the DNC pushed back on what it had become was a nice change of pace.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Hahaha amazing

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also patriotism in the US was much more about being an american in the sense that saying it's awesome being an american means everyone regardless of race or religion just gets together around a BBQ with beers and watches sports and poo poo, then W made it about never questioning authority/military and that might makes right.

W poisoned what US patriotism really is (and should be) in the same manner than the right wing has poisoned christianity over the last 30 years and that the DNC pushed back on what it had become was a nice change of pace.

I'm very much enjoying the recent push to highlight the diversity of America in patriotic messages. It's seriously a great thing about the United States that we have, currently and historically, such a huge immigrant population and depictions of Americans that show more than whitebread suburban nuclear families are awesome.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

In case we forgot about it, Trump is apparently showing off his faux purple heart at his Jacksonville rally right now. He's so proud of it, he's always wanted one, and he's right that this way is easier

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess it isn't possible to die from hypocrisy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Guys help...my brain just exploded.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

In case we forgot about it, Trump is apparently showing off his faux purple heart at his Jacksonville rally right now. He's so proud of it, he's always wanted one, and he's right that this way is easier

"We haven't started yet"

oh donald

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760989972245549056

poo poo
that
didn't
loving
happen

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I like how he's immediately trying to collect grieving parents as political capital though.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm guessing you were in high school during W's presidency right?

I was at secondary school where I live (12-18) during that time, yeah. Why'd you ask?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Was gone all day

checked the updated polls

lol

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The emote you want is :happened:

I think we're kind of lucky Hillary is the nominee this year. She's the ideal Trump counter: a perpetually calm, level-headed person who can play the adult in the room and never sweats or budges an inch under intense pressure. Trump can scream at her all day long and she'll just smile calmly.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I appreciate Nixon's veto pen for protecting Missouri from the GOP legislature, which thinks Kansas is a role model, but he deserves this.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Crows Turn Off posted:

Ok, is this person qualified to draw these conclusions?

Prestor is an interesting character, Basically grew up in a religious fundamentalist cult, I believe also worked at cedar rapids.

Also was homeless in austin and gave a good thread about their homeless camp program. Turns out to be a schizophrenic, Thats really the qualification here, a "crazy" person explaining these conservative assholes. I didnt believe the predictions ether, but this melt down so soon after the convention is spot on.

I had a hard time with prestor's prediction of insight to violence or one of trumps followers picking up a secret message and killing someone.

And seeing how he keeps pissing off people at his rallies I think the odds of him getting a riot going are getting less and less

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cythereal posted:

The emote you want is :happened:

I think we're kind of lucky Hillary is the nominee this year. She's the ideal Trump counter: a perpetually calm, level-headed person who can play the adult in the room and never sweats or budges an inch under intense pressure. Trump can scream at her all day long and she'll just smile calmly.

The fact that she went in front of the Benghazi committee and looked /utterly bored/ speaks volumes to this.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

iospace posted:

The fact that she went in front of the Benghazi committee and looked /utterly bored/ speaks volumes to this.

Then again Trey Gowdy is about as intimidating as a turnip with perpetual sweat flop.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

more fun current Trump rally shenanigans from our pals at c-spam

quote:

"City of Lights. No longer France, folks."

quote:

"We're not shooting our police."

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Necc0 posted:

I think it's more a reaction from the Bush years and the Democrats have finally regained their confidence enough to proudly call themselves Americans.

Being from your country is a source of pride? Not meaning that as a joke, I just do not have any idea of why people would feel that way. I mean I always thought it was just, you know, something for people who wanted to appeal to the centre right.

Lightning Knight posted:

I can't remember if it was on SA or somewhere else, but somebody said something to the effect of, no matter who you are or what political party you belong to, every American has that moment where they want to tear open their shirt to reveal a flag and chant USA like we just caught Osama again.

Wow. I mean I cannot imagine that and with all the best will in the world that is really outside of anything I would consider usual. I mean sure, whatever floats your boat but that is really different.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Whats really funny is Trump had shut the gently caress up this week that Iran thing could have been a dagger

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Is The Hill a conservative news site?
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/290204-better-brush-up-on-the-25th-amendment-if-trump-wins

Do real people buy into electing a guy, and then immediately deposing him? How can you possibly think that is the better option than Hillary?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Epic High Five posted:

https://twitter.com/TammyforIL/status/760588228932108288

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
More on Trump imploding.

quote:

"The campaign's imploding; it's disintegrating," one Trump campaign staffer says. "Every time we do something positive, we cough up the ball."

But the candidate is similarly frustrated with senior levels of his operation, which some believe is causing him to rely heavily on his own gut instincts, raising the prospects of a high-wire controversy.

Trump was alarmed by a call he received last week from a senior adviser who is not campaign chairman Paul Manafort or Manafort assistant Rick Gates, according to an account provided to U.S. News. The caller lamented the campaign's lack of state-by-state organization and warned the nominee, "You're not going to win."

The candidate, not surprisingly, hit the roof. But the person who followed up with the adviser on the disturbing message wasn't Manafort or Gates, according to the source. It was Jared Kushner, the influential son-in-law who is married to Ivanka Trump and who is held in high regard by her father.

I cannot wait for the tell-all books about this mess.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sword of Chomsky posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/290204-better-brush-up-on-the-25th-amendment-if-trump-wins

Do real people buy into electing a guy, and then immediately deposing him? How can you possibly think that is the better option than Hillary?

H-Hillary Bad.

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/760991565548486658

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Sword of Chomsky posted:

The Hill is effectively a glorified tabloid.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

smg77 posted:

More on Trump imploding.

You and almost everyone else.

Except the Trump diehards.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

smg77 posted:

More on Trump imploding.

why aren't these staffers pulling the ripcord and bailing? must be hard walking without bones.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

why aren't these staffers pulling the ripcord and bailing? must be hard walking without bones.

To collect a paycheck for the next 3 months

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

smg77 posted:

More on Trump imploding.

Remember when we thought McCain bringing Palin into the public spotlight would be the most absurd politics would ever get?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rscott posted:

Given how notoriously cheap Trump is I won't be surprised if he doesn't pay them at all.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

rscott posted:

Given Trump's history, even that's not certain.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mr Hootington posted:

Book deals.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rscott posted:

as said above and most are probably risking permanent blackballing. there is no reward for riding the trump train.

Edit: ^^^^I'm sure the books will be good when released 20 years from now when trump dies and the lawsuits have been dropped.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

quote:

"Trump is Trump," observes John Noonan, a former national security aide to Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush who has sworn off voting for the GOP nominee this year. "You can pull somebody out of the insane asylum and staff him with the best people in the business, and he's still going to be in the parking lot screaming about the book of Revelations and there's nothing you can do about it. Hillary's the placekicker on the field. She's shanking every kick. And Trump's the guy pleasuring himself in the stands."

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/760993029620506625

Surely he wouldn't actually be dumb enough to be referring to something that's actually classified?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

colonel_korn posted:

Surely he wouldn't actually be dumb enough to be referring to something that's actually classified?

I believe this is what we call 'lethal does of Irony'.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

I'm getting deja vu about the "not talking about classified material" thing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

smg77 posted:

More on Trump imploding.

some good stuff here

quote:

This week alone, Trump has escalated a feud with the Muslim parents of a U.S. soldier who died serving in Iraq, declined to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan of Wisconsin and Sen. John McCain of Arizona in their respective primary bids, and even half-jokingly rebuked a mother and her crying baby at a rally. His actions, according to a Republican operative familiar with the campaign, have left some Trump aides privately "apoplectic" that a seemingly winnable contest against Hillary Clinton appears to be slipping irrevocably out of reach.

yes that's the problem, not that your candidate is a horrible human being or that he's wrong but that you won't beat Evil Hillary

quote:

The Republican operative familiar with the Trump operation tells U.S. News that Trump has increasingly been back in regular contact with his former campaign manager turned CNN commentator, Corey Lewandowski.

Lewandowski was ousted in June at the behest of Trump's children, who viewed him as lacking the sophisticated judgment needed to assist their wayward father. A major difference between the reigns of Lewandowski and Manafort is that Lewandowski traveled constantly with Trump, earning his trust and bending his ear. Manafort rarely hits the road and has followed a more typical template by holing up in an office with a phone to his ear and his fingers on a keyboard.

The Manafort model has its advantages, but it also has created a distance from Trump that has stalled decisions and left the candidate without a reliable rudder when things go awry.

"He's not satisfied with what he's getting," the Trump staffer says. "So he's basically gone rogue."

:lol: so Trump's blaming Manafort for his own failings and going completely off the leash, because of course Trump knows better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

smg77 posted:

More on Trump imploding.

So trump is actively being advised by lewandowski who is also being paid by CNN

• Locked thread