Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Gone Girl was a great movie.

\/\/\/ Current releases guys didn't, because of false rape accusations or something.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 12:42 on Aug 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Gone Girls was a great movie.

Well that can't be true since pretty much all of CD likes it.

content:

Anora posted:

They added Flames for optimus and took them away for Hot Rod? What the gently caress.

Smoke posted:

Looks like he's a Lamborghini, the flames will come naturally.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kingcom posted:

So I heard that tech analogy and I find it kinda misleading for whats going on. So the situation is that you have a old battlemech right, you didnt code its systems and the interface just uses Microsoft ME. Its a piece of poo poo interface and you dont have the source code for it and nobody you know has it AND the drivers have been deleted so you've had to take the driver software from a Hunchback and load it into the Hatchetman you have its close enough so hopefully it'll work out. Now you know that for some reason the driver just crashes and hard locks the mech if you move faster than 64kph and you cant rewrite the driver so the mech is just capped to that, oh well not a big deal. Also you have to hard lock the weapons grouping so that one of the medium lasers fires with the Autocannon otherwise the targetting system crashes for no reason. Okay so thats all a loving mess but you got some practice writing code and you built a exception handler for the movement to let you allow vertical movement without restriction meaning the jumpjets now work. However you found a whole new issue when the pilots started using it where swinging the axe if the engine temperature is too high just causes a bunch of the actuators to lock out. No idea why the Hunchback drivers would be rigged to do that unless it was maybe to prevent the hunchbacks shoulders from damaging the expensive AC20???? gently caress it who knows.

This is how 3025 works. You are all operating on a hosed up coding system, with nobody who built it around and being told to reconfigure everything beyond what it was meant to do and just loading on more functionality. Why does the atlas have a small laser in its head? Because otherwise the command console just hardlocks out thats why. Every engineer trying to hide this hosed up mess writes in the technical report that its for 'up close punch'. This is programmer code for 'Idk boss its hosed and I cant remove it'.

Back Hack posted:

Plus you have evil religious space AT&T (aka Comcast Comstar) killing anyone who even bothers to figure out how all that old tech works or trying to invent new stuff.

kingcom posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about this. If you manage to actually build your own code or fix any of the lovely drivers issues or undertake the herculian task of ripping out the garbage operating system that was installed for legal reasons in the first place, Microsoft Certification staff just shows up and murders you and blows up your lab.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nopantsjack posted:

This fuckin game.

I got this just the other day and holy poo poo someone basically made dwarf fortress with graphics and scifi accoutrements I never knew I needed. As soon as I saw I could freeze my stockpile and heat my bedrooms with the same cooler I was sold.

Some stories from my many games:

My first game ends with everyone dying of malaria and me sneaking a womans corpse out of her husbands bed so he doesn't have to wake up that way. He does wake up to some other corpses though. I haven't dug any graves so shes put out of the way in the dump, everyone is dying of malaria and I can't find the husband. I go looking for him and find him critically ill, lying next to his wife and "looking at the sunset". I am genuinely sad.

I make a team of psychopathic doctors who plan to set up an organ farm/tasteful armchair factory with a mating pair of domesticated grizzlies. Some mad max looking cannibal turns up to join us but gets incredibly depressed by how hardcore my kru is and after a raid ends up on the operating table and I start replacing bits of him, some needed and some not. My surgeon fails to remove his nose and ends up stabbing up his kidneys and spine instead, he goes into a berserker rage out of the anesthetic, flees the room and beelines for the nearest grizzly to die in stupid combat.

I set up a rich explorer as Donald Trump and give him a small loan of 10 thousand silver and a whole bunch of gold and a golden double bed. He is abrasive and dislikes women but is industrious. Things go south quickly, the gold I brought only builds a tiny room and I can't install his golden bed. Donald gets sick from sleeping in a half built house eating raw antelope and develops bad asthma.
The first colonist who joins is a (presumably) Mexican woman named Nunez who has the lazy trait. She is everything Trump hates and hilariously she claims his golden bed and relegates him to the wooden shack. Nunez refuses to do any work except cook so Trump is dragging himself out of bed and wheezing about building the rest of the colony (until I figure out how to force Nunez to be helpful).
Things get off the ground when Trump purchases a couple good slaves, some useless chick and a beautiful and deadly tribal warrior dude who trump refuses to lend his charge rifle to. Weeks of banter lead to Trump and Nunez falling in love sitcom style and Trump is overjoyed to be sleeping in his golden bed at last, a tasteful wedding ceremony is held next to the slaughtering table and a half finished pair of hemp trousers.
Trump's asthsma is getting worse though and Nunez is worried, she tries to harvest the lungs of a bandit prisoner but fails and his comrades come with incendiary mortars. Trump meanwhile is incapacitated, having gone insane at the death of his two huskies in the previous raid and also them automatically being made into food which he likely ate. The brave tribal warrior leads a charge to fend the bandits off but is cut down by a sniper and pistol crew defending the mortars. The whole of Trumptopia burns to the ground apart from the tiny golden room which houses incapacitated Trump. Unfortunately he wakes up, goes mad and gets shot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
CD is actually pretty good and funny, Bee Movie thread was an all time great one and deserved to be in the goldmine but was robbed.
TVIV is way worst because its filled with people who don't seem to understand what goes on in the TV shows they are watching and occasionally do crazy theorizing that is more dumb than silly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

What does any of that even mean

They're mocking the Avengers movie shot because they think it looks like posed toys.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

They're mocking the Avengers movie shot because they think it looks like posed toys.

Posing superheroes look like action figures. Water continues to be wet, cigarettes will still kill you, and your girlfriend keeps lying about your sexual performance. All this and whether or not a lit stove is hot, tonight on "no loving poo poo."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its just a bad looking shot, why are you going crazy about this.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

mind the walrus posted:

Posing superheroes look like action figures. Water continues to be wet, cigarettes will still kill you, and your girlfriend keeps lying about your sexual performance. All this and whether or not a lit stove is hot, tonight on "no loving poo poo."

:frogon:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PBS Newshour posted:

Its just a bad looking shot, why are you going crazy about this.

I'm having a joke. Why are you taking it so seriously?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mind the walrus posted:

I'm having a joke. Why are you taking it so seriously?

i don't think you are joking man you seem to have a lot on your mind with your sexual performance and its affecting your posting in subtle ways

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

PBS Newshour posted:

TVIV is way worst because its filled with people who don't seem to understand what goes on in the TV shows they are watching

i guess that explains why 90% of the posts are just verbatim quotes from something they just saw.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Attitude Indicator posted:

i guess that explains why 90% of the posts are just verbatim quotes from something they just saw.

Reading out loud helps you retain information.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

mind the walrus posted:

I'm having a joke.

Oh, poo poo! Remember the acronym!

F - It can't be funny
A - Be as big an asshole as possible
R - Jokes are no laughing matter--be really serious
T - You are just fine in bed, dear

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Your username just make this post funnier somehow.

Please repost that gif of TVIV posters reacting to Family Guy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alaois posted:

also a review of Godzilla about how godzilla is the main dudes dad and wants to gently caress him or w/e

At one point I actually really respected the Current Releases guys and trusted their opinions about movies, then I read this review and that all changed pretty fast

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PBS Newshour posted:

i don't think you are joking man you seem to have a lot on your mind with your sexual performance and its affecting your posting in subtle ways

I actually like TVIV when it's chill, and when it's not it's like watching pigs wrestle in poo poo. :shrug:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

They are an important group of posters. After all, if every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

PenguinKnight posted:

vv: then that one dude that said that because the kid in the Lego movie was touching his dad's stuff without permission, the kid was essentially raping his dad
hahahahahhaha wtf

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

loquacius posted:

At one point I actually really respected the Current Releases guys and trusted their opinions about movies, then I read this review and that all changed pretty fast

The Current Releases guys told me about lots of good and/or significant movies I would have never heard about otherwise

lfield
May 10, 2008
Did you know that the Star Wars prequels are actually the story of oppressed slave battle droids rising up against their masters?

CD is a special place.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lfield posted:

Did you know that the Star Wars prequels are actually the story of oppressed slave battle droids rising up against their masters?

CD is a special place.

my friend... i am sorry to say this, they are right.

prequels are still poo poo tho

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hackbunny posted:

The Current Releases guys told me about lots of good and/or significant movies I would have never heard about otherwise

Someone keeps smearing poo poo on the toilet wall at work to write addresses of nice small restaurants in the area. While the restaurants are actually good, I'd rather they stopped doing that still.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

sweeperbravo posted:

hahahahahhaha wtf

Someone please link this quote :catstare:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

PBS Newshour posted:

CD is actually pretty good and funny, Bee Movie thread was an all time great one and deserved to be in the goldmine but was robbed.
TVIV is way worst because its filled with people who don't seem to understand what goes on in the TV shows they are watching and occasionally do crazy theorizing that is more dumb than silly.

CD has pockets of great posts but it seems like everyone falls over each other trying to find the most obtuse possible interpretation of lovely mass market movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just that CD is the only forum we have for people who majored in one of the unemployable arts.

Like if we had an anthropology forum, or an art history forum, or a I guess anything else with either the words 'art' or 'history' in it forum, then they wouldn't stand out so much.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the 2,970 page thread about how the transformers movies are good

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
gently caress my dude that's brilliant. Do this. Please do hit me up with a art histories subforum. Mods?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Improbable Lobster posted:

CD has pockets of great posts but it seems like everyone falls over each other trying to find the most obtuse possible interpretation of lovely mass market movies.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It's just that CD is the only forum we have for people who majored in one of the unemployable arts.

Like if we had an anthropology forum, or an art history forum, or a I guess anything else with either the words 'art' or 'history' in it forum, then they wouldn't stand out so much.

The anthropologists among us are busy using the forums as source material for ethnographies

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

Someone please link this quote :catstare:

The Lego Movie is about a kid who explicitly goes against his father's wishes and touches his stuff, and then when he's found out and told no he keeps doing it against his father's wishes and eventually the father cedes and "enjoys" it and then everyone is happy because the kid forced the issue and now his father is open-minded and not a prude. Basically, it's a rape metaphor where we're supposed to cheer for the rapist.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
When I look at the moon sometimes I see a face in it. Basically the moon is a real person.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Outrail posted:

When I look at the moon sometimes I see a face in it. Basically the moon is a real person.

It's the face of Karl Marx.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Michael Bay megathread wherein it was posited that Bay and Zack Snyder were the greatest filmmakers of all time and Spielberg, Kubrick, Coppola, et al never made anything good was a subtle hint that one day CineD would declare The Phantom Menace to be the best of all 7 Star Wars movies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PBS Newshour posted:

Thank you for appreciating the fruits of my anguish

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Michael Bay megathread wherein it was posited that Bay and Zack Snyder were the greatest filmmakers of all time and Spielberg, Kubrick, Coppola, et al never made anything good was a subtle hint that one day CineD would declare The Phantom Menace to be the best of all 7 Star Wars movies.

I've never been to CD, But is it like some sort of mirror world where up is down and black is white?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PenguinKnight posted:

it was when a then mod had a meltdown about a funnyman's movie review for the front page Current Events and quit the forum forever

e: and then seeing reviews from said mod that said stuff about lady planes about a children's movie about what if planes could talk

vv: then that one dude that said that because the kid in the Lego movie was touching his dad's stuff without permission, the kid was essentially raping his dad

For the love of god, do not post ANY quotes related to these events in this, the "Funny Forum Quotes" thread.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A movie is not good or bad, a movie is. Your opinion is that the movie is bad but mine is that it is good. The movie doesn't care. Approach the movie as it is, not what you expected from it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

If you see a movie on the road, kill it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

oldpainless posted:

A movie is not good or bad, a movie is. Your opinion is that the movie is bad but mine is that it is good. The movie doesn't care. Approach the movie as it is, not what you expected from it.

Everyone should listen to this Lousy guy.