Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Photex posted:

A4 feels a lot better long range than it did pre patch, I couldn't hit taps accurately enough before

It really does. I've been doing so much better on CT side because I can out shoot people at distance now. I know spraying is always important to know how to do but man...I have gotten so much better, going from silver 2 to 4 in like 100 MM games because I slowed the gently caress down, tried to fix my crosshair placement and went to a low sensitivity. Feels really good to get called a human being hacker for jumping and getting two one taps with a tec-9 because idiots bunch up.

Also last time I played with goons was memorable. New map, have bomb. Kind of holding on, but not being waste like I typically am. I toss a grenade up to try and hit a CT only to have the grenade sail dramatically short, bounce off a railing into the air and onto a teammate who had run out to assist me getting to site. I laughed so hard I passed out and woke up to my teammates asking if someone could come kill me to get bomb cause there was 30 seconds left. I shambled to the bomb site and planted. Not sure if we won but I like to think we all did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

playing some scout mm games and lotsa funny things happened.

clip 2 is immediately after clip 1 since shadowplay doesn't want to make a new whole clip, but i thought that was the end of the madness for that round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdrZyRJvVY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyWabwrR-lM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8DQSAsFn-E

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Soulex posted:

laughed so hard I passed out

:eyepop:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

:captainpop:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

? Is this not a thing? Happens with coughing too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's not a thing. Nobody has that happen without something significant wrong. See your doctor bud, good luck.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Spiros posted:

It's not a thing. Nobody has that happen without something significant wrong. See your doctor bud, good luck.

This man speaks the truth. Pretty sure i've laughed so hard I've gotten slightly light-headed, but never passed out. I would recommend a gynocologist to check that you have the proper sand levels.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Soulex posted:

Do you have ancestral ties with Chrysippus?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Soulex posted:

Tbh unless you are drinking copiously, this sounds like a seizure.

But yeah. See a doctor.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughter-induced_syncope

Literally called Seinfeld disorder because a dude fainted while laughing at Seinfeld. Also, it is related to Tussive syncope, or "fainting while coughing"

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 10, 2016

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Spiros posted:

Soulex was in the army, his view of normal bodily function is a bit skewed.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm just bewildered, because, at some point in your life you must have :siren:lost consciousness while laughing:siren: in front of someone, and that someone didn't immediately freak out because, ya know, you just :siren:lost consciousness while laughing :siren:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'm just hoping it's a joke, because if it's not then jesus christ why haven't you been to a doctor

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

One time I woke up from a nap and had to piss so bad, that I stood up and bolted across half of my apartment before blacking out and falling backwards into a wall, then freaking out and flopping around like a fish because I didn't know what was going on and there wasn't enough blood pressure in my limbs to be useful.

It was a good nap

I went to the hospital just to make sure. They said I stood up too fast

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

One time I woke up from a nap and had to piss so bad, that I stood up and bolted across half of my apartment before blacking out and falling backwards into a wall, then freaking out and flopping around like a fish because I didn't know what was going on and there wasn't enough blood pressure in my limbs to be useful.

It was a good nap

I went to the hospital just to make sure. They said I stood up too fast

while scary this is actually really common among duders getting up to pee at night or after a long nap. has to do with having lower blood pressure while sleeping and it not having time to normalise before you start doing your business, which also lowers your blood pressure further causing you to faint

e: 1/850, 84% digital vibrance, capslock push to talk

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 10, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I use capslock for togglemute on voice

Probably 2.8 @ 1600 still idk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Next major to take place in January

Unless something changes, this means that SK will be undefeated major champions in 2016.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
probably for the best, if they're only going to hire the same six commentators for every event they I need bigger gaps

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Who could get sick of henryg

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I'd hire HenryG to dress me every day.

Denim as far as the eye can see.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wall to wall denim

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Finally hit DMG for the first time ever. I am probably the worst DMG ever

I only climb because I throw good smokes and flashes, and run a Caravan of Good Vibes, like the thread taught me

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Capslock for PTT is a war crime.

On faintchat, for a couple years I had a vasovagal reaction to the sight of my own blood. Purely physiological as well, cos I'm not squeamish at all.

First time it happened I had a nosebleed, touched the blood and looked at it and then collapsed as I walked to get a tissue. Thought I was having some kind of brain haemorrhage lmao

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember feeling something like that when in high school and I hosed up and got a large splinter of wood thru my finger during wood shop. It didn't hurt at all and when the nurse pulled it out it didn't sting. But gently caress I felt like my muscles turned to jelly for a few moments there.

E: wasn't even any blood involved.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
L Alt is the true pTT key

i use capslock for voice enable toggle though

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Probably a good idea to rebind scoreboard if you're going to use ALT as PTT. Don't ask me how I know.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
lmao alt as anything

push to talk on E because it doesnt require getting my fingers too far from WASD, but capslock seems better because the pinky is usually not on an important key unless walking. If I had a fancy gaming mouse i might consider it on one of the buttons.

NTT posted:

Finally hit DMG for the first time ever. I am probably the worst DMG ever

I only climb because I throw good smokes and flashes, and run a Caravan of Good Vibes, like the thread taught me

grats also yeah. Just be a good man and the few good men in the world will follow.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
oh yeah i checked yesterday and its been a month since i last played, my rank was gone :( so close to supreme

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

ArfJason posted:

oh yeah i checked yesterday and its been a month since i last played, my rank was gone :( so close to supreme

Just win one comp game and it will come back. It's usually the same as what you were before.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Shout out to VAC who took close to 9 months to ban someone!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

IronDoge posted:

Just win one comp game and it will come back. It's usually the same as what you were before.

yah i know, it has happened before, but getting to fight supremes often took a looong time and rank decay can be a bit of a bitch

Y
Sep 29, 2004

it's time to step up

Audax posted:

Shout out to VAC who took close to 9 months to ban someone!

on a slightly related note I started adding everyone to vacstatus in every game I play and found out that vacstatus caps at 500 people per list and also adding that many or close to that many makes your list unreadable, it just never loads. are there any alternatives besides that chrome addon because I'm still using firefox.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Mouse 5 the true ptt button. Also, mouse 4 - flashbang.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sterster posted:

Excuse you, mouse 4 is reload. :colbert:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I feel having it on a mouse's side button can screw with your aim.

then again im a clumsy idiot who probably presses it too hard

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

sterster posted:

Come, you should know better than that.

Bind mouse4 "use weapon_knife, use weapon_flashbang"

for the quick switch.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Y posted:

on a slightly related note I started adding everyone to vacstatus in every game I play and found out that vacstatus caps at 500 people per list and also adding that many or close to that many makes your list unreadable, it just never loads. are there any alternatives besides that chrome addon because I'm still using firefox.

Why don't you just add people who are fishy?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

Tbh unless you are drinking copiously, this sounds like a seizure.

But yeah. See a doctor.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughter-induced_syncope

Literally called Seinfeld disorder because a dude fainted while laughing at Seinfeld. Also, it is related to Tussive syncope, or "fainting while coughing"
I'll look at this. I have solo sickly farted while coughing too so that time to get this looked at.

xsf421 posted:

Soulex was in the army, his view of normal bodily function is a bit skewed.

Looks like Iraq came back to bite me but you are 100% correct

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

I feel having it on a mouse's side button can screw with your aim.

then again im a clumsy idiot who probably presses it too hard
It might, but I'm too afraid to change it after two years of playing.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

I'll look at this. I have solo sickly farted while coughing too so that time to get this looked at.

Looks like Iraq came back to bite me but you are 100% correct

Hope everything's alright with you, stay safe goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Hope everything's alright with you, stay safe goon

Thanks. Truthfully didn't know it was a thing. And it'll be nice to talk to the VA again with another thing that is wrong with me.

I don't even like Seinfeld.