Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

hoppers thoughts that mornings should be for coffee and contemplation often mirror my own

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI8x9FnDAdc/

*edit*

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 11, 2016

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

:perfect:

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I love this show. However, I kind of think that the monster should have been more ethereal, like the smoke monster from lost. The shadow world should have been the same. (IE: you can't really make it out, it is a jumble of shadows) ...but wait, that's not what the show was going for. It was going for retro monster movie style action and b movie sci fi poo poo and nailed it perfectly. I have no complaints.

Thikskul
Apr 26, 2002
Don't mind me, I'm just "chimping out" and being a racist shit bag.

Meta Ridley posted:

Basically letting Hopper live while killing Benny for no reason just doesn't make sense to me.

I thought it was weird as well but if you think a bit about it Benny was a burger dude and his loss could be written off as a robbery gone wrong where as Hop is the Sheriff. Lots more questions if he disappeared or wound up dead. At least that's how I resolved it in my head.

Great show!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

What are the Demogorgon's D&D stats?

Impervious to bullets, melee attacks cause regular damage

Leaves blood trails in multiple planes of existence

Do those cars in the upside down move around when people in the real world drive them places?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

FogHelmut posted:

The Americans did a whole episode about Yaz. We need more Yaz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DybrM4CSNy4

So depressing in context

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTi5QlqcjGs

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I was nine in 1983 so this gave me a mental breakdown because im old and im going to die and holy gently caress I need a time machine where is a red sports car god drat

This show was amazing.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Philthy posted:

I was nine in 1983 so this gave me a mental breakdown because im old and im going to die and holy gently caress I need a time machine where is a red sports car god drat

This show was amazing.

I was 12. :corsair:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I was 16 in 1983 so I was the age of Barb, Nancy, creepy photographer kid and the Tunnel Snakes dude.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

woah who put out the old almost dead guy beacon itt?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

hoppers thoughts that mornings should be for coffee and contemplation often mirror my own

i need that at my job

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Good show, it's like a Stephen King story written by a guy who knows how to write endings too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Keith Atherton posted:

I was 16 in 1983 so I was the age of Barb, Nancy, creepy photographer kid and the Tunnel Snakes dude.

I was 2 in 1983, were there any small children of that age in Stranger THings?

Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

maybe I'm losing my drat mind but I swear they used a CONELRAD piece in there (i.e. the guy who did the music from the finale one of that trippy front page series with angels and unfolders)

afraid not. i wish

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I was a fetus for most of 1983 and the Wheeler mom has the same haircut my mom had in old photos.

His messed up eye makes him look like the baseball dude from The Warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL0ipXUD-uU

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 11, 2016

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I just started watching the first episode and I want the kids to die horribly. Will my senseless bloodlust be sated?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Archer666 posted:

I just started watching the first episode and I want the kids to die horribly. Will my senseless bloodlust be sated?

suck my dick you fuckman

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Archer666 posted:

no :(

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Archer666 posted:

I hope you pee yourself in the school gym.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I saw #justiceforbarb and #iambarb trending on twitter. Almost every article starts by describing Barb as "Normal-Sized" lol.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does it really have to be said? Just because she's tall she is also fat?

Dustin is a decent 1980's fat kid, though. Like I watch The Goonies in 2016 and I'm like "Chunk isn't that fat." But 30 years ago he was fat as hell.

edit- What was up with the Demogorgon? Was it just a minion for the realm? Barb didn't look that eaten, and Will was put into storage. Is the Demogorgon saving food for later? Or is it just bringing stuff in to feed the slugs? Or is it just a dick and takes one bite and wastes the rest?

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 11, 2016

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
I want to know how Will and Barb survived their initial assault/warp into the upside down. Why doesn't the monster just eat them right then and there?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Iron Crowned posted:

Holly Wheeler AKA the toddler who didn't give a gently caress about poo poo.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Millie posted:

have a holly jolly xmas

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

barb has the proportions of a weeble wobble

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

DON'T RUB YOUR FECES ON THE LAMPSHADOWREALM

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Demogorgon played by a guy in a suit not moving during takes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Millie posted:

I dunno, she got pretty anxious when her family started arguing, and she was all :stare: when the monster almost came through the wall in the Byers house.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

FogHelmut posted:

edit- What was up with the Demogorgon? Was it just a minion for the realm? Barb didn't look that eaten, and Will was put into storage. Is the Demogorgon saving food for later? Or is it just bringing stuff in to feed the slugs? Or is it just a dick and takes one bite and wastes the rest?

I bet that it eats animals but uses humans as hosts for it's spawn

Barb's gonna be a mom!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Crazedscot posted:

I haven't read through the thread because I haven't watched the last two episodes yet so this may well have been mentioned already, but has this show reminded anyone else of the film Altered States? It touches on similar themes of course with the implied pharmacological experimentation that produced Eleven and the flotation tanks, but what triggered my frankly traumatic childhood memory of watching Altered States on top of the aforementioned themes set in the 80's was the glowing red in Stranger Things in the titles - it reminded me of the final scene in Altered States where one of the characters seems to have the same shade of red erupting from her body like cracks in lava which frankly terrified me as a child.

yep

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/stranger-things-film-reference-glossary.html

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Has it been posted yet that Steve plays drums in a Chicago band?

https://m.facebook.com/postanimal/

Check out their photos, he has a few nudies in there

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

AWWNAW posted:

Has it been posted yet that Steve plays drums in a Chicago band?

https://m.facebook.com/postanimal/

Check out their photos, he has a few nudies in there

:chanpop:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

City of Tampa posted:

I bet that it eats animals but uses humans as hosts for it's spawn

Barb's gonna be a mom!

There was also that big egg that had been hatched that Hopper walked by in the woods in the upside down.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Barb cleans up good.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Frosted Flake posted:

Barb cleans up good.

WHOA HOTTIE

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
typical 80s "ugly" girl just remove the glasses and do her hair right :rolleyes:

(she's cute)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

Barb cleans up good.

She does but them hips were not CGI

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGDHoWKsCbF/?taken-by=shannonpurser&hl=en

• Locked thread