Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I'm continuing my DS9 watchthrough (there are huge swathes I've never seen) and I've reached Homefront.

It irks me that in 300 years apparently the New Orleans accent has vanished. Sisko's dad pronounces the city name as 'New OR-leens', rather than the native 'N'awl'ns'. :mad:

It is sad, but it makes some sense as even the French don't have a French accent anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

In WWIII, the Chinese aptly and wisely nuked Louisiana in their first strike. Even they could not tolerate degraded Acadians.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want to change my vote to the Defiant for best bridge. It's only negative aspect is that your helmsman is blocking the captain's view of the viewscreen.

The Defiant's bridge was seriously cramped and also kind of dark and boxy most of the time. The fact that they had trouble fitting the dolly tracks in at first and couldn't shoot from a lot of angles really didn't help either.

Baka-nin posted:

No the two things were completely different. In Voyager they just said the actor was a super advanced hologram (even though we see him drink and eat on Voyager) the DS9 thing was a weird sort of holographic frame the actor stood in.

He wasn't a hologram, that was just a projection.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

My fanfic theory is that an English superman turned the French language/accent into a dead language ala Latin during the eugenics wars. By the 24th century only historical scholars, people seriously into their cultural heritage, and Data speak it fluently.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Apollodorus posted:

Coolest spaceship

Man, gently caress ILM's ship designs. I can't think a single one they did that I genuinely liked.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

FilthyImp posted:

Mostly it's flying around trying to come at the enemy at a WoK vector to pound their aft shields.

Chuck Tingle account spotted.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Duckbag posted:

He wasn't a hologram, that was just a projection.

A hologram is a projection.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Does anyone have that fake image of E/N but with Star Trek characters? The one with like five threads of Worf whining about losing his honor? Want to show it to a friend.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
"How long before you're due back at Starfleet?"
"About an hour"
"Just enough time to take a stroll to Audubon Park."

The gently caress it is. You 'stroll' 5 miles in an hour? I appreciate Sisko's dad has got a brand new aorta, but drat, he ain't no Steve Austin.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bloody Pom posted:

Does anyone have that fake image of E/N but with Star Trek characters? The one with like five threads of Worf whining about losing his honor? Want to show it to a friend.

That was made by the mod we don't talk about.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Timby posted:

gently caress :(

A shame, since it was so good.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That bridge sucks, it looks like the break room at a Sports Authority
:holymoley:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Timby posted:

There are like 2-3 of these by my count, so maybe PMs?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Relax, someone posted it not too long ago. If the Beach Boys can sing a Charles Manson song, we laugh at a another lovely person's creation

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

There are like 2-3 of these by my count, so maybe PMs?

It was the one with his own smilie.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The kiddie nadler

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Baka-nin posted:

It was the one with his own smilie.

Viconia? Loosechanj? Hellbastard? :v:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
twitter is good sometimes
https://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/763914495555100672

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/763920365680594944

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh god...

I started watching Voyager.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Oh god...

I started watching Voyager.

:gowron:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Bloody Pom posted:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Okay, I'll admit, the Neelix one is definitey a lot funnier in retrospect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Panic at the Sisko would make an excellent band name.

Here's our #1 hit single TREKNOBABBLE!

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Well these guys could use a warm up act.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

There was some good poo poo in these here threads for a while. Best thread name is still keeping up with the cardassions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man how awesome would it have been if Neelix was one of those races that was deathly allergic to the effects of the transporter.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What if they just kept calling him Felix? He keeps correcting them, but they always knew his name is Neelix. It's just more fun to call him Felix.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Timby posted:

Man, gently caress ILM's ship designs. I can't think a single one they did that I genuinely liked.

You don't like the Bird of Prey? How can anyone not like the Bird of Prey?!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Angry Salami posted:

The truth is, Angry Salami, that some people are idiots.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

http://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/763579493025878016

I GUESS IT'S CANON NOW, HE SAID IT

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

There was some good poo poo in these here threads for a while. Best thread name is still keeping up with the cardassions.

I'm fairly new to the thread, does anyone have any other old titles? I started reading because of how good the current one is

For future readers: Star Trek: A particularly erotic chapter in my grandmother's journal

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Angry Salami posted:

RAVING LUNATICS, THAT'S WHAT THEY'LL CALL US! They'll say we're so desperate to condemn ILM's ship designs that we'll say anything!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Sanguinia posted:

RAVING LUNATICS, THAT'S WHAT THEY'LL CALL US! They'll say we're so desperate to condemn ILM's ship designs that we'll say anything!

And they would be correct. We have no evidence, only a theory which happens to fit the facts.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm fairly new to the thread, does anyone have any other old titles? I started reading because of how good the current one is

For future readers: Star Trek: A particularly erotic chapter in my grandmother's journal

Tasha Yar killed by BP oil spill was pretty good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

cenotaph posted:

Tasha Yar killed by BP oil spill was pretty good.

Actually, it was the Goopster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XOLoeBPEk

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Updating OP accordingly in a minute

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Apollodorus posted:

Coolest spaceship

I've always hated that design. It looks like it has a fat belly and the engineering section looks like a compacted slinky.

I'll nominate the Nebula class as awful as well. It looks like a Galaxy Class that's cowering in fear.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Get the Excelsior to play recordings of whale songs and the probe would never notice the difference.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Chromatic posted:

I've always hated that design. It looks like it has a fat belly and the engineering section looks like a compacted slinky.

I'll nominate the Nebula class as awful as well. It looks like a Galaxy Class that's cowering in fear.
A fat belly full of science and federation freedom.

I like the Excelsior's look since it's clearly related to the Enterprise yet also very clearly not the exact same thing. I think it looks better in near-profile shots tho. It's also a bit more reasonable to see how it looks when you realize the relative scale, as shown in this huge rear end picture:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I like a lot of things about the study model more than the final thing, to be honest.