Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Played a couple of games against Corbeau last night and they were pretty interesting.

First game:

quote:

Corbeau's list:

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Total: 100

VS

quote:

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Collision Detector (0)
Tactician (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

I flew my TIE Advs in a group and had Echo float around the outer edge. We converged, one TIE got Ioned and slammed into Tomax. Tomax flew just passed the TIE and Echo turned in and just touched Range 3. Corbeau immediately realized that he should have flown faster and TL'd Echo because then she would have eaten a missile shot. Instead, Tomax ate her shields and Echo dealt him three damage. Echo continued to circle strafe while the TIEs dealt with Vessery, though Echo turned in and dealt the finishing blow. With three TIEs and Echo against just OL, it was essentially academic, but it still took some flying.

My success in this game was helped by my green dice being on fire, though I did roll four blanks with Echo at one point.

Second game:

quote:

Corbeau's list:

Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Total: 96

VS

quote:

Darth Vader (29)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x1 (0)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Two of the stronger lists we've developed and we wanted to see how they stacked up against each other. I flew my four ships together and converged with his Defenders in the middle of the board while Fel flew around the edge. It turns out that FOs can't hit very hard after S-Looping, so I didn't do much damage after the initial pass, but I correctly predicted when Fel would be entering the fray and I positioned my FOs to bare their guns on him.

It turned out even better than I hoped, because Fel slammed into one of my FOs and an Interceptor without Stealth Device at Range 1 doesn't last long. Juke helped, but Fel just melted. Cleaning up the two Defenders took some time and some work, but the game was pretty much in the bag. I ended up losing a single FO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

canyoneer posted:

Another rules question:
Can a ship that has overlapped another ship or obstacle in the prior turn use advanced sensors to take an action before revealing their maneuver in the next turn? I was in a situation with an Advanced Sensors Ghost that was parked on a rock from a prior turn, and I wanted to use advanced sensors to take a Focus before revealing my maneuver. The guy said I couldn't take actions, because I was on a rock. I'm pretty sure that is wrong, and that running into the rock triggers the skip on the "Perform Actions" step, but you can still perform free actions while overlapped with stuff.
Who is right?

You are correct. Asteroids only skip your normal action. Actions taken at other times, be it from Advanced Sensors, Squad Leader, or even something like Isard triggering in the combat step, would still happen normally. This is clarified in the FAQ, somewhere.

Edit: also yes you can use AS if you bumped a ship the previous round and are going to again. It's one of the reasons AS on the Brobots can be so strong, add blocking them to deny actions is otherwise very strong with their limited arcs and large bases.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 12, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

canyoneer posted:

The other weird interaction is with Boba Fett crew. If Boba Fett crew triggers on the Ghost, it can ONLY affect upgrades equipped to the Ghost (not the Phantom, as the ship and the cards can't be targeted by anything while docked). If Boba Fett crew discards the Ghost title, the only effect there is that the Phantom can no longer deploy regularly after a Ghost maneuver, but is still able to deploy (with a damage) if the Ghost is destroyed.

I did this the other day while playing the gencon double scout + party bus list. Opponent didn't realize it was that bad and the party bus promptly took care of the problem. :mrgw:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, it's really stupid. I keep a couple of photos on my phone from the insert to explain the Ghost/Phantom docking rules, because nobody knows them.
You think it's tough now, wait until Quickdraw blows up the Ghost in the activation phase.

canyoneer posted:

The other weird interaction is with Boba Fett crew. If Boba Fett crew triggers on the Ghost, it can ONLY affect upgrades equipped to the Ghost (not the Phantom, as the ship and the cards can't be targeted by anything while docked). If Boba Fett crew discards the Ghost title, the only effect there is that the Phantom can no longer deploy regularly after a Ghost maneuver, but is still able to deploy (with a damage) if the Ghost is destroyed.
You can still do the second turret attack with the Phantom title.
Do you really get the second attack? The Phantom title specifies "Ghost" in italics, wouldn't it no longer be the Ghost without the title? Another victory for unspecific text!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

hoiyes posted:

Do you really get the second attack? The Phantom title specifies "Ghost" in italics, wouldn't it no longer be the Ghost without the title? Another victory for unspecific text!

I think so? I hope so.

edit:
With some rules lawyering, here's what I think. From the FAQ, bolding mine:

Boba Fett cannot affect docked ships. If Boba Fett
is used to discard the Ghost title while the Phantom
is docked, the Phantom remains docked and cannot
deploy until the Ghost is destroyed (forcing it to
deploy).

So, solving some unclear writing with more unclear writing, they referred to the now title-less VCX-100 as the Ghost. Does it still get to be the Ghost? Maybe!

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 12, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The xwing squadron builder app has most to all of the rules reference cards in it for ease of access, which is nice. Also o after the last page, a friendly reminder

:frogsiren: DON'T GIVE GAMES WORKSHOP MONEY :frogsiren:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

canyoneer posted:

Another rules question:
Can a ship that has overlapped another ship or obstacle in the prior turn use advanced sensors to take an action before revealing their maneuver in the next turn? I was in a situation with an Advanced Sensors Ghost that was parked on a rock from a prior turn, and I wanted to use advanced sensors to take a Focus before revealing my maneuver. The guy said I couldn't take actions, because I was on a rock. I'm pretty sure that is wrong, and that running into the rock triggers the skip on the "Perform Actions" step, but you can still perform free actions while overlapped with stuff.
Who is right?

Yeah as mentioned, it says right in the rules reference you can still take free actions that don't occur during the Perform Action step.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Could someone give me a rough estimate for the value of this lot?

Official player mat
3 starters (original red box)
1 Rebel Aces Expansion
1 X-Wing Expansion
2 TIE Expansions
2 E-Wing expansions
2 Y-Wing expansions
3 B-Wing expansions
3 A-Wing expansions
4 Z-95 Head Hunters Expansions
Millennium Falcon Expansion
YT-2400 Expansion
Imperial Aces Expansion
1 TIE Inceptor Expansion
1 TIE Defender Expansion
2 TIE Bomber Expansions
2 Advance TIE Expansions
1 TIE Phantom Expansion
1 Slave I Expansion
1 Lambda Expansion

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Retail? $700 or so.

What you'd put it up for second hand sale? $350-400.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I'd buy a chunk of that.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

It even has the ulta-rare TIE Inceptor!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

polynominal-c posted:

It even has the ulta-rare TIE Inceptor!

Doesn't count unless it's signed by Christopher Nolan.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

So it's about a month away from Nationals here in Australia and I'm pretty confident I'll be running a TIE Crack Swarm. Here's my current idea:

"Howlrunner" (18)
Crack Shot (1)

"Mauler Mithel" (17)
Crack Shot (1)

"Scourge" (17)
Crack Shot (1)

Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

I'd appreciate any advice.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Endman posted:

So it's about a month away from Nationals here in Australia and I'm pretty confident I'll be running a TIE Crack Swarm. Here's my current idea:

"Howlrunner" (18)
Crack Shot (1)

"Mauler Mithel" (17)
Crack Shot (1)

"Scourge" (17)
Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

I'd appreciate any advice.

Get a really good night's sleep beforehand, as you are going to be mentally fatigued by the 5th round. Also, make sure you get practice games in, as manuvering swarms takes some practice to avoid a massive bumping pileup in the middle of the board.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I hope Kenny Baker prevented a scary crit with IA.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Otisburg posted:

:captainpop:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Otisburg posted:

:wow:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Aaaand thread's over.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Otisburg posted:

:vince:

Probably from Kylo...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Otisburg posted:

Mortality removed the restraining bolt from his soul

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FLGS is having a Summer Kit tournament today. Didn't even know. Their FB page didn't even mention it until it started and their official website (who even uses those anymore?) has it under events but their FB page doesn't.

Guess I wont be getting the rad thumbs up Top-Gun Corran Horn and Y-Wang Predator. :cry:

edit: Oop, nope they did mention it on FB, I just totally missed it. :cry::cry::cry::cry: Well, that's my story. Thanks for reading.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 13, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Going to try out one of the Huge ship missions tomorrow night with my Buddy bringing his CR90 Corvette, I have literally never seen one of these things on the table. Should be fun!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Orvin posted:

Get a really good night's sleep beforehand, as you are going to be mentally fatigued by the 5th round. Also, make sure you get practice games in, as manuvering swarms takes some practice to avoid a massive bumping pileup in the middle of the board.

Good advice, thanks.

I've always been a fan of formation flying, so I've taken a lot of opportunities to practice it and I'm hoping it'll pay off.

I actually find flying a bunch of the same ship is less taxing than trying to remember how three or four different ships manoeuvre. But the real question is whether to fly six TIEs in box formation or pinwheel formation.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Guy at league wanted to practice this list:

X-Wing: · Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
· R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: · Biggs Darklighter (25)
· R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

E-Wing: · Corran Horn (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire Control System (2)
· R2-D2 (4)

I'm terrible at this game and had bad dice but I couldn't crack it. Dash/Chopper (no experience flying the Ghost so this went real bad), ImpAces (same thing) and then XXX. In XXX I missed killing Biggs by one damage because of dice. It ended up with Wes vs full health Corran and that wasn't ever going to work out. It feels like a strong list. R3 and Juke weren't much help after Biggs died; no use for the Evade besides Juke and I couldn't roll well enough to get value out of Juke. I need more practice.

Coincidentally, how is this ship, to pair with Dash?

VCX-100: Lothal Rebel (35)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Tactical Jammer (1)
· "Chopper" (0)
· Hera Syndulla (1)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Local store had a tourney to win some advanced copies of wave 9 ships.

I took a crack swarm and got totally rolled. Worst I've ever played in a tournament. Even my very first tourney had a win and several awesome moments.

Still, despite that, I won the random pick for the last ship. Got myself a protectorate starfighter! Hooray!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I couldn't make a local tournament today. 30 players, and the guy who took second place (4-0) ran this

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Obsidian Squadron Pilot (13)

"Fel's Wrath" (23)
Autothrusters (2)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

No Howlrunner, no Crack Shot, and ran Fel's Wrath in a TIE Swarm.
This guy is really, really good at X Wing

Endman
May 18, 2010

I ran Fel's Wrath a little while ago and he's pretty hilarious. You basically cannonball him into the enemy knowing you'll get one decent attack and then he'll explode.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So I went to a tournament yesterday, going 3-1 with this:

IG-88B (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Autothrusters (2)

Dengar (33)
Push the Limit (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Punishing One (12)

Made 4th place overall due to weak MOV (I lost IG in every game I won and a bye is not the greatest win).

While Dengaroo is the thing of the moment, the super-dengar(built like superdash) is an extremely potent ship and can finish out a lot of games. His main issue is that he can't be built in the full version with EU and have a scum ship that's remotely close in value to Corran Horn or a 42-pt Lothal Rebel. In this case, I chose to slim down Dengar so I could fit an IG, and that's probably the best way to go. You lose some mobility without boost but you do get a solid wingman.

The major issue here is that I now realize the value of IG-88C and even a glitterstim. IG was dying every round because I didn't have a great way to protect him. He can't get a free evade when disengaging and Dengar doesn't usually draw that much attention due to his ability. I would not trade B for C, but one brobot is not nearly as good as a brobot with another helping out.

canyoneer posted:

I couldn't make a local tournament today. 30 players, and the guy who took second place (4-0) ran this

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

"Fel's Wrath" (23)
Autothrusters (2)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

No Howlrunner, no Crack Shot, and ran Fel's Wrath in a TIE Swarm.
This guy is really, really good at X Wing

I don't see how Fel's Wrath with one action accomplishes much in this list but a lot of people are going to have trouble dealing with swarms because few people actually run swarms casually.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 14, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There's an escalation tournament next Sunday that I may go to. Only 3 rounds, going from 90 to 120 to 150.

I want to run XXX again but I don't remember what the 90 point build was. Wedge with Predator and Wes with VI is 90 points and gets the basics.

At 120, the wangs get full power and I add Blount with Ion Pulse and Deadeye to screw something real bad, then maybe get in the way. Last time it was a Ghost that had to 1 straight and bump my wangs who did a 4k behind it. It could be Soontir, or a Jumpmaster! Or a TIE swarm and I'll hate myself.

150 points gets a Grey Squadron with EM, Protons, Dorsal, Chimps and Deadeye. Maximum firepower for whatever ships are around.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Nationals was good. My first match I killed Dash/Ghost, which set me up for the day, whatever else happened I was happy.

My second and third were virtually identical glittercrack brobots which was, as it turned out, a list I needed to have more practice against. First one was 0-100, second 49-100. Painful, but a good lesson.

Fourth was 3 T65s and a Z. I was gleeful. I killed the z in two shots. Then proceeded to spend all four cracks, kill nothing, and not kill another ship til the last drat round. DICE. Specifically his greens for the most part. I was consistently rolling two hits, he was consistently rolling two evades. Didn't help that Maarek got bumped several times and rocked twice in the furball. Was a little irked with this one.

Fifth was chopper/biggs/kyle. Lost all the black cracks, but howl and maarek survived. 100-45.

Sixth was the match I'd been waiting for - triple jumps. Sadly, it was triple jumps played by someone who's won 3 or 4 regionals with them and I got taken apart. It hinged on a good bump in the first engagement meaning I only shot with 4 out of 5 ships against one jump, only one at r1, and then in the second round a stressed TIE shooting at a tractored jump getting all eyeballs on a range 1 roll, when a single hit would have guaranteed crack shotting the one hull left on a jump. But failed, and ended up in an utterly inescapable bump train with maarek for the rest of the game. IA plus Defender dial plus large ship barrel roll just meant Maarek had no way of clearing space and getting a shot. This one was a touch irksome because such a normally high ranked player was down among the dead men.

But I killed Dash at Nationals so IDGAF.

Day two I did a side event (60 point 4-way furball, great fun) then played Rebellion against a mate (also great fun), then spectated a bit.

Two out of four of the semifinalists were triple scouts and scouts won :(

E: I also picked up a full set of cogotwo templates and a holder tray for them. REALLY good for tourneys, never hunted for a template the entire day. Painted in the engraved detail when I got home, gorgeous. Gonna homebrew up some magnetisation to hold a top cover on so I can shove the whole lot in my bag I think.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 14, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Was hoping for a 186th final at the national cause that like have been deci whisper versus triple defenders. Alas it didn't happen. I went 3-3 but one of the wins was a weird one in which thanks to an unforced error I destroyed a full health jumpie and a one health jumpie without rolling a single dice :shepface:

Was on 3-2 on my last match and faced a fellow 186th also on 3-2 which was annoying.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There's an escalation tournament next Sunday that I may go to. Only 3 rounds, going from 90 to 120 to 150.

I want to run XXX again but I don't remember what the 90 point build was. Wedge with Predator and Wes with VI is 90 points and gets the basics.

At 120, the wangs get full power and I add Blount with Ion Pulse and Deadeye to screw something real bad, then maybe get in the way. Last time it was a Ghost that had to 1 straight and bump my wangs who did a 4k behind it. It could be Soontir, or a Jumpmaster! Or a TIE swarm and I'll hate myself.

150 points gets a Grey Squadron with EM, Protons, Dorsal, Chimps and Deadeye. Maximum firepower for whatever ships are around.

It's not quite what you wanted to run, but this is what I ran at an escalation tourney a couple months ago. Those ships were added in order with all their equipment. The stressbot came in really useful against Soontir in early rounds when he wasn't fully built out. The K-Wing at the end was just for fun, but it did a good amount of damage with the prox mines. Sabine crew with prox mines can hand out the extra point of damage to like a quarter of the map.

5/21 escalation (150)

Gold Squadron Pilot (26) - Y-Wing
Twin Laser Turret (6), R3-A2 (2), BTL-A4 Y-wing (0)

Wes Janson (31) - X-Wing
Veteran Instincts (1), R2 Astromech (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Wedge Antilles (33) - X-Wing
Predator (3), R2 Astromech (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Jake Farrell (28) - A-Wing
Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

Warden Squadron Pilot (32) - K-Wing
Extra Munitions (2), Sabine Wren (2), Proximity Mines (3), Seismic Charges (2)

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I skipped a tournament at the last minute today because I feel like I'm still terrible at this game, and I need more practice. it's been a long time since I've won, or felt like I was doing well on casual days.

I did pick up a tie punisher yesterday, and holy crap redline is pretty cool, and I want to combine it with FCS and the mk-2 thrusters.

Not sure what else to put in the list. Replacing inqy in my normal list (pairing with a bomber/(shuttle) and Tie-D Maraak Stele) wouldn't be very effective since none of them seem all that manoeuvrable.

Would punisher+Tie Shuttle+Tie D be a terrible idea, or could something like that work as a competitive list?

I still haven't figured out a list that I really like flying and feel like I can do well with.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Foolster41 posted:

I skipped a tournament at the last minute today because I feel like I'm still terrible at this game, and I need more practice. it's been a long time since I've won, or felt like I was doing well on casual days.

I did pick up a tie punisher yesterday, and holy crap redline is pretty cool, and I want to combine it with FCS and the mk-2 thrusters.

Not sure what else to put in the list. Replacing inqy in my normal list (pairing with a bomber/(shuttle) and Tie-D Maraak Stele) wouldn't be very effective since none of them seem all that manoeuvrable.

Would punisher+Tie Shuttle+Tie D be a terrible idea, or could something like that work as a competitive list?

I still haven't figured out a list that I really like flying and feel like I can do well with.

You put Guidance Chips on Redline, not Mk2.

Punisher/Shuttle/D is one of the lists I first used when trying out the Veterans stuff and it's solid. Vessery/Redline/Bomber Buddy is Good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

A-Wing: · Tycho Celchu (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Push The Limit (3)

HWK-290: · Jan Ors (25)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
· Nien Nunb (1)

K-Wing: Warden Squadron Pilot (23)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Bombs (5)
Bombardier (1)

Z-95 Headhunter: · Airen Cracken (19)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Assault Missiles (5)
Guidance Chips (0)

YT-1300: Outer Rim Smuggler (27)
· C-3PO (3)
· Millennium Falcon (Evade) (1)

Potential replacements for the Grey Squadron. Most of them some kinda gimmick that probably wouldn't even be any use :v:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Unless you really need that 2 PS boost, Rage and PTL are my go to on Tycho now instead of VI

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Got to play with my Protectorate Starfighter today. I only tried Fenn Rau. I gave him Autothrusters, but played around with his other upgrades.

Despite having a TIE Interceptor dial (more or less), running Fenn with PTL didn't feel right. Boost + Barrel roll is always good, but the lack of Evade action makes it very difficult to take hits.

Fenn with PTL is a pure arc dodger, one without the slightest room for error. Anything higher PS is going to wreck him. Big turrets are gonna be rough, too.

Running him with the title and Fearlessness was a lot more fun. And, surprisingly, more consistent in keeping him alive. I only did two games with each setup, but I was really surprised at the difference. Trading shots at range 1 seemed really dumb on paper, but it turns out that a fist full of dice with a number of guaranteed results is really good!

Highlight of the day was taking out Biggs with one shot. Got four hits and a crit, then added the hit from the title for 5h1c. Just nuked him.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Got to play with my Protectorate Starfighter today. I only tried Fenn Rau. I gave him Autothrusters, but played around with his other upgrades.

Despite having a TIE Interceptor dial (more or less), running Fenn with PTL didn't feel right. Boost + Barrel roll is always good, but the lack of Evade action makes it very difficult to take hits.

Fenn with PTL is a pure arc dodger, one without the slightest room for error. Anything higher PS is going to wreck him. Big turrets are gonna be rough, too.

Running him with the title and Fearlessness was a lot more fun. And, surprisingly, more consistent in keeping him alive. I only did two games with each setup, but I was really surprised at the difference. Trading shots at range 1 seemed really dumb on paper, but it turns out that a fist full of dice with a number of guaranteed results is really good!

Highlight of the day was taking out Biggs with one shot. Got four hits and a crit, then added the hit from the title for 5h1c. Just nuked him.
Man, this is not making the wait for these to show up at retail any easier...

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So the winner of yesterday's local tournament was 6x naked obsideon and wired stealth device howlrunner. It's neat and surprising seeing such an old school (all wave one) list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Stealth device didn't hit until Wave 2.

• Locked thread