Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

axe_vendetta posted:

I really think Trump effectively conceded defeat when he announced his enemy was just as much the ""crooked media"" as CrookedHillary. A war against the national media - which is what is happening in Trump's mind - is in Trump''s mind a doomed but righteous struggle. A war that can be lost without dishonor.

Even more so than his feelings about possible vote rigging, it gives him a preconceived excuse not to participate in election tradition, such as the debates and publicizing his tax return and true health status since he can claim the MSM can't be trusted or compromised with. The lie of a hostile media resolves the cognitive dissonance of Trump being one of the worst presidential candidates in recent history (after all, in Trump's internal mythology, it took a great conspiracy of the entire national media to bring him down). When narcissists fail they don't take a long hard look in the mirror, they simply change the goal posts and maintain it was ever thus.

Basically what we all expected: the ego saving excuses of a narcissist who doesn't want to admit defeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I really hope Trump's absurd medical letter comes back into the spotlight again. It's such an awkwardly obvious lie (like he has always done) and highlights how unhealthy he likely is.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
IMO, Hillary should consent to visiting a neurologist/psychologist/whatever on the condition that Trump does as well.

Haha, apparently he's going to be like an hour late to his own rally

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 17, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mozi posted:

I conflate support of Trump with an abdication of the responsibilities of being a citizen of this country in regards to things like protecting the Constitution and the separation of powers, not to mention the recognition of the fact that the history of America will based on the decisions made by person we elect.

Yeah but you'd probably say that regardless of the GOP candidate.

Like, would you feel meaningfully better if Cruz was the candidate? Dude is still an utter crazy that sells out anyone to get ahead. Kasich? He's even worse, he's a "nice guy" who still pushes the same policies.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Crow Jane posted:

IMO, Hillary should consent to visiting a neurologist/psychologist/whatever on the condition that Trump does as well.

Ahhhh an attack on the lines of his taxes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://i.imgur.com/bMjOzGK.mp4

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

As the link mentions Hillary has already released a ton of medical data while Trump just has that dumb letter. Hillary releases tax stuff and Trump flails.

Hillary could offer to be examined on live TV with Trump and he wouldn't do it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao he's going to be 2.5 hours late to this loving rally

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Where is this from? I need to see the video.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

computer parts posted:

Like, would you feel meaningfully better if Cruz was the candidate? Dude is still an utter crazy that sells out anyone to get ahead. Kasich? He's even worse, he's a "nice guy" who still pushes the same policies.

Actually, Trump is obviously worse than both for a president

Cruz and Kasich aren't real, credible threats to all our international relations

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 17, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

lmao he's going to be 2.5 hours late to this loving rally

1.5, they're an hour behind Eastern time.

Also, his episode of Hannity won't air till tomorrow because they don't want it to overlap with the speech.

What a shitshow of a campaign.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

computer parts posted:

No I hate Cruz and he would be a despicable president but Trump is still different.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Cruz and Trump are terrible for different reasons. You cannot compare them beyond both of them being poo poo.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'd be less worried about Cruz ending modern civilization in a nuclear holocaust.

He's still poo poo, he's just not "might conceivably throw a temper tantrum and try to order a nuclear strike" levels of poo poo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

Where is this from? I need to see the video.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mclaughlin-halloween-cold-open/2869203

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

THE NEXT MAN OR WOMAN ON THE MOON WILL BE CHINESE!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Magres posted:

I'd be less worried about Cruz ending modern civilization in a nuclear holocaust.

He's still poo poo, he's just not "might conceivably throw a temper tantrum and try to order a nuclear strike" levels of poo poo.

He'd start a nuclear crusade against all non Christian or Jew.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

quote:

I really hope Trump's absurd medical letter comes back into the spotlight again. It's such an awkwardly obvious lie (like he has always done) and highlights how unhealthy he likely is.

All these poor little scandals, lies and gaffes. In any other election year they would have had a chance to be nurtured, grow strong, and with a bit of luck maybe even make it to the big leagues and swing thousands of undecided voters. But there's just too many this year and their market value has fallen through the floor. All they can do is take a number and wait in a very long line, ever hoping for that special reporter who can see what a real shitstorm looks like

AMorePerfctGoonion fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 17, 2016

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

So what are the odds of house republicans trying to spin this against Hillary? The FBI turning over their investigation report to the House seems like a really bad idea, and a partisan move by Comey.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/politics/hillary-clinton-interview-fbi-notes/index.html

Comey's doing what he's legally obligated to do. He's doing his job.

The FBI gave the information and even said "We expect this to remain classified" and the Dems are ready for it. They've even come out saying "Release the whole thing, and not just leak a partisan snippet." Not to mention if someone out there openly leaks it, aren't they doing exactly what they're accusing Hillary of doing in playing fast and loose with classified information?

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 17, 2016

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Magres posted:

Why? Ted Cruz is a piece of poo poo who'd nuke Cuba for an extra electoral vote.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The FBI gave the information and even said "We expect this to remain classified" and the Dems are ready for it. They've even come out saying "Release the whole thing, and not just leak a partisan snippet." Not to mention if someone out there openly leaks it, aren't they doing exactly what they're accusing Hillary of doing in playing fast and loose with classified information?

As though hypocrisy ever stopped the gop

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why? Ted Cruz is a piece of poo poo who'd nuke Cuba for an extra electoral vote.

Yeah and it wouldnt get him an extra electoral vote so he wouldnt do it

Ted cruz is a cynical, soulless piece of poo poo without a shred of morals to his body, that's still better than a retarded orange manbaby for president. The bar for "less lovely than Donald Trump" is unbelievably low, is what I'm saying.

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 17, 2016

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nelson Mandingo posted:

They'll leak it, then claim it was a democratic false flag operation to leak it

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

WampaLord posted:

1.5, they're an hour behind Eastern time.

Also, his episode of Hannity won't air till tomorrow because they don't want it to overlap with the speech.

What a shitshow of a campaign.

I hope a poo poo ton of people walk out before he gets there, all the news channels run footage of them doing so, and it just enrages him too much to not tweet about

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

It's weird how Dana Carvey in Jack McLaughlin makeup with a hoodie looks almost exactly like Jeb!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Stultus Maximus posted:

Nobody I know in the military wears a ballcap like that.

lol the Navy isn't the real military

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sir Tonk posted:

lol the Navy isn't the real military

In times like these I usually refer to the OP from the Lighning II thread in GBS

skellybones posted:

United States Navy

The actual source of US global dominance. The Navy is responsible for most of the warships and submarines and nukes used to menace China and North Korea. They are also responsible for all those aircraft launched from carriers. They are also, unfortunately, responsible for birthing the Marines. Though of course a bloated bureaucracy, the logistical nightmare of being cut off in the middle of the ocean for years at a time has resulted in the Navy running a tight ship, and it is relatively competent at what it does.

Boon fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 17, 2016

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

HorseRenoir posted:

Fun fact about that Mississippi River map that keeps getting posted: the river changes course so much that it shouldn't even be flowing through New Orleans anymore. The Atchafalaya River is naturally becoming the river's main outlet to the sea, and the only reason why New Orleans isn't situated on a dying bayou is because the Army Corps of Engineers have forced the Mississippi to keep running through there.

withak posted:

Read "The Control of Nature" by John McPhee if the thought of this gives you a throbbing erection.

McPhee's "Atchafalaya" from that book was originally published in The New Yorker and is available online. It's absolutely fascinating.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Thank ye. And here I thought they only did one of those sketches.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Currently sitting in a suburban Portland sushi place waiting on my wife & daughter, and 2 55+ ladies a booth over are discussing when 9/11 was. They're pretty sure it's not 2005, and it was the same year Diane died (her sister, not Princess Di), so it had to be 2002 or so.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Z-Killer is the only other GOP nom hopeful other than Trump that hints at wanting to use nukes.

"Does sand glow?"

Only in Z-killers case, he's not stupid , but evil and literally has a Jesus Holy Warrior complex.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I'm watching Trump's speech at the Wisconsin rally and he's clearly lost his mind. I mean, we already knew that, but drat, he's bonkers. He's trying really hard to appeal to African American voters and it just seems really tone deaf.

Apparently Democrats have been very, very bad for African Americans, and Mexicans and special interests are taking all their jobs.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

highme posted:

Currently sitting in a suburban Portland sushi place waiting on my wife & daughter, and 2 55+ ladies a booth over are discussing when 9/11 was. They're pretty sure it's not 2005, and it was the same year Diane died (her sister, not Princess Di), so it had to be 2002 or so.

According to Rudy Giuliani, it was 2009.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

highme posted:

I'd be almost curious to ask if they remember who was president then but you'd probably get back a confused " George something or other? He was a democrat"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Uranium 235 posted:

I'm watching Trump's speech at the Wisconsin rally and he's clearly lost his mind. I mean, we already knew that, but drat, he's bonkers. He's trying really hard to appeal to African American voters and it just seems really tone deaf.

How so?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

I just turned it on and he compared the Milwaukee riot to the Cartels.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

computer parts posted:

I just turned it on and he compared the Milwaukee riot to the Cartels.

Uh......

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pakled posted:

According to Rudy Giuliani, it was 2009.

I think one suggested 2009, but the other knew it was longer ago than that.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

You're asking me to bottle lightning. Really crazy lightning. But he's talked about how Democrats don't care about AAs, how Hillary doesn't care about them, how they've taken the AA vote for granted, etc. And he's proposing himself as a champion for African Americans. Then he called for all African Americans to vote for him and support his campaign so the special interests will lose a lot of money.

He said "African Americans" way more times than I typed it.

Oh and he also pledged to take down the cartels and criminal syndicates that are all over our country, including in Milwaukee.

Going out on a limb here, but I think he's speaking to a room full of white people.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Uranium 235 posted:

Apparently Democrats have been very, very bad for African Americans, and Mexicans and special interests are taking all their jobs.

Trump has always been reaching out to African American demographic!

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/765739479139225600

I don't get why he didn't purge his twitter years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Uranium 235 posted:

He's giving a pretty standard Republican stump speech.

• Locked thread