Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I am... I'm pretty sure if I were to flee the scene of a homicide and they caught me, I would be really really hosed. But I honestly don't know for sure, having never been involved in a homicide.

wow look at this poser

This is... actually super interesting. So what's the idea here? That it's the laws job to prove you did it and bring you to justice, and not necessarily your responsibility to report it? If hypothetically asked why you didn't report it to the police, what would be the legally appropriate response?

"i want a lawyer" and literally nothing else

dont talk to the cops, they aren't your friend, namaste harambe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

There are also batmans where he is actually commissioner Gordon piloting a robot suit.

at the end of that run gordon and bruce both pilot robot suits in the same issue

(bruce's is bigger)

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

LesterGroans posted:

"Different characters in different stories with different contexts are different" is kind of my point. In the context of BvS (and most Batman movies) Batman seems to kill when he has to.

So there are two reasons I asked that: 1) because SnakeBananas seems to think not having an issue with this is akin to condoning murder irl, and 2) he's bringing in stuff like comics and Batman Beyond so I figured other media was fair game.

I'd argue that bringing in other Batman stuff in order to compare and contrast is more relevant than bringing an entirely different character, but I also understand if people do not like this as each individual interpretation should stand on it's own and this is a new Batman, with his own context, but more on this in a bit. I'd argue, and have argued, that this Batman's killing is one of the many symptoms of his bad characterization though. You could cut all instances of his killing out of the film and it would not affect the character one iota, mainly because the killing is not an aspect interestingly applied in order to put more layers on the character or to reveal or say something compelling, but instead a wayward element incoherently bolted on in order to increase the vicarious power fantasy aspects of what is probably the most one dimensional Batmen of them all, and creates contradictions and problems within the film's own terms. Even if BvS was the only bit of Batman media to ever exist it would still not work.

Compare this to Nolan's Batman where his reluctance to kill/execute actually forms a part of the character and has real affect on the narrative and themes of the film, his catching of the Joker at the end of the Dark Knight after he's thrown him off the building is a refutation of the Joker's nihilistic world view, you could not remove this aspect of the character from the film without doing major damage to the entire point.

The difference between the two, isn't that one is "NOT MY BATMAN", though doubtless this post will be accused of such. But, that one film (The Dark Knight) has a strong understanding of narrative, and the other (BvS) barely has any understanding at all. If BvS discussed the idea of Batman killing as a part of it's story, characterization and themes then there is no doubt I would be with you all defending it, but it refuses to do such a thing, It's a bad film, and a wasted opportunity.

Martman posted:

Is having Batman kill comparable to making him wear a fedora to you? I.e., is the problem truly that this character just doesn't "look" enough like Batman? If so, then I don't see how it's anything but a "not my Batman" argument.

It seems like you (or at least others) have been saying there's more to this, that the issue involves the ethics of killing and the nature of heroism, etc. All of that is relevant in the same ways in other movies and other stories.

EDIT: I guess you seem to be arguing in a different direction, but I think the question is relevant to many people's arguments about Batman killing.

Here's the thing with the "NOT MY BATMAN" argument.A lot of people who have been fond of and defended the kill Batman in BvS and other media have stated how much more a killing Batman makes sense and how it's a superior take than other versions where he is not seen killing (the cartoons etc) for a multitude of reasons, but fail to grasp that this is also a "NOT MY BATMAN" argument. By admitting to a preference in Batmen, you have admitted a preferred vision for Batman, and therefore any Batmen that do not align to this (ergo, any version that does not kill) is "NOT YOUR BATMAN". When Justice League is released, and Batman is shown to not be killing (which interviews and set reports have suggested will be the case, murder Bat is going away for a while guys, sorry) a lot of pro kill-Bat people in this thread who have accused others of making "NOT MY BATMAN" arguments will look at this new vision of Batman and think to themselves "Well, that's not MY Batman".

The question then becomes, should all previous versions of a character be discarded when looking at a new version? Are there any intrinsic elements to Batman that need to be retained in order for a character to still be Batman? Here's an extreme example: imagine if Ben Affleck's solo Batman film is about a man named David (played by Affleck) who runs a restaurant, and when his supply of fish and chicken gets too expensive decides to catch Bats and fry them up instead, earning the moniker "Batman" from the local community who condemn him, leading to a final act when it is revealed that his Bat dishes are really very good and he is embraced by the people. Now, that film could still be called "The Batman", but there's no doubt most people would be dissapointed, they would watch it and say "well, this isn't like Batman at all", are they making "NOT MY BATMAN" arguments? Are they wrong to do this? Is there a line where Batman stops being Batman? And if there is, where is that line?

BvS acknowledges previous versions, so the film itself isn't willing to let go of other Bats, it cribs elements from The Dark Knight Returns and others (incredibly poorly and with little understanding mind you). But it's biggest problem is that it can't encapsulate all these different Batman elements into one coherent new version. BvS's Batman is bad because it does not work in it's own terms, removed from other versions . In order for drama to be compelling and conflict between characters to be rich, a narrative has to coherently outline these character's perspectives, what they want and why they want it and then see the sparks fly, at least in an action/thriller narrative, which BvS consistently fails to do. This is why people in this thread, fans of the film, can't agree on what Batman's motivation is. That's a problem. And, no I'm not decrying people having different interpretations, or saying that fans should be a monolith, but this is the primary motivations of the lead characters, the fact that this is so obfuscated speaks to the deep writing troubles with this film and is why, outside of the Bizarro world of this thread, Batman v Superman was received poorly by both critics and audiences.

computer parts posted:

It's strange how killing is the line that the general public don't want vigilantes to cross. Like, the riots over black people getting shot usually only involve some property damage but people are still ready to crack down on that end.

Or is this another one of those things that doesn't count because Batman's fictional?

Yes, Batman being fictional matters a lot, a lot of the arguments in this thread are pitched as if Batman's a real person and we are objectively judging his actions, as opposed to a fictional one whose every action is decided by the writers/storytellers.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 24, 2016

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Noam Chomsky posted:

BvS isn't a sequel to the Nolan movies. Different Batman, different continuity. If you care about that kind of stuff. Lots of people seem to think BvS is a sequel to TDKR. Which, if that many people do, then I can see why they feel the need to always reboot with an origin story.

That wasn't what I was trying to say though, but I think I didn't clarify it too well. I wasn't trying to connect films as sequels or not (Nolan to Snyder, for example) but more about feeling that it seems like there's a growing negativity and flawed nature of Batman as shown in the character's portrayal over the last several years and through various iterations of the franchise.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Why do you have to remind me there's no GL on JL, Henry? :smith:

https://twitter.com/TheDCEU/status/768158124276486144

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Why do you have to remind me there's no GL on JL, Henry? :smith:

https://twitter.com/TheDCEU/status/768158124276486144

I really feel like we'll get a tease of Green Lantern at the end of Justice League.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I still think both her and Katie Holmes get a real bad rap for their 2005 superhero love interest performances

Holmes looks worse because Maggie Gyllenhaal is so great in Dark Knight.

Also, Kirsten Dunst is the worst in the Spider-Man movies (even though she's probably a better actor than Holmes and Bosworth).

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Karloff posted:

I'd argue that bringing in other Batman stuff in order to compare and contrast is more relevant than bringing an entirely different character, but I also understand if people do not like this as each individual interpretation should stand on it's own and this is a new Batman, with his own context, but more on this in a bit. I'd argue, and have argued, that this Batman's killing is one of the many symptoms of his bad characterization though. You could cut all instances of his killing out of the film and it would not affect the character one iota, mainly because the killing is not an aspect interestingly applied in order to put more layers on the character or to reveal or say something compelling, but instead a wayward element incoherently bolted on in order to increase the vicarious power fantasy aspects of what is probably the most one dimensional Batmen of them all, and creates contradictions and problems within the film's own terms. Even if BvS was the only bit of Batman media to ever exist it would still not work.

Compare this to Nolan's Batman where his reluctance to kill/execute actually forms a part of the character and has real affect on the narrative and themes of the film, his catching of the Joker at the end of the Dark Knight after he's thrown him off the building is a refutation of the Joker's nihilistic world view, you could not remove this aspect of the character from the film without doing major damage to the entire point.

The difference between the two, isn't that one is "NOT MY BATMAN", though doubtless this post will be accused of such. But, that one film (The Dark Knight) has a strong understanding of narrative, and the other (BvS) barely has any understanding at all. If BvS discussed the idea of Batman killing as a part of it's story, characterization and themes then there is no doubt I would be with you all defending it, but it refuses to do such a thing, It's a bad film, and a wasted opportunity.

Here's the thing with the "NOT MY BATMAN" argument.A lot of people who have been fond of and defended the kill Batman in BvS and other media have stated how much more a killing Batman makes sense and how it's a superior take than other versions where he is not seen killing (the cartoons etc) for a multitude of reasons, but fail to grasp that this is also a "NOT MY BATMAN" argument. By admitting to a preference in Batmen, you have admitted a preferred vision for Batman, and therefore any Batmen that do not align to this (ergo, any version that does not kill) is "NOT YOUR BATMAN". When Justice League is released, and Batman is shown to not be killing (which interviews and set reports have suggested will be the case, murder Bat is going away for a while guys, sorry) a lot of pro kill-Bat people in this thread who have accused others of making "NOT MY BATMAN" arguments will look at this new vision of Batman and think to themselves "Well, that's not MY Batman".

The question then becomes, should all previous versions of a character be discarded when looking at a new version? Are there any intrinsic elements to Batman that need to be retained in order for a character to still be Batman? Here's an extreme example: imagine if Ben Affleck's solo Batman film is about a man named David (played by Affleck) who runs a restaurant, and when his supply of fish and chicken gets too expensive decides to catch Bats and fry them up instead, earning the moniker "Batman" from the local community who condemn him, leading to a final act when it is revealed that his Bat dishes are really very good and he is embraced by the people. Now, that film could still be called "The Batman", but there's no doubt most people would be dissapointed, they would watch it and say "well, this isn't like Batman at all", are they making "NOT MY BATMAN" arguments? Are they wrong to do this? Is there a line where Batman stops being Batman? And if there is, where is that line?

BvS acknowledges previous versions, so the film itself isn't willing to let go of other Bats, it cribs elements from The Dark Knight Returns and others (incredibly poorly and with little understanding mind you). But it's biggest problem is that it can't encapsulate all these different Batman elements into one coherent new version. BvS's Batman is bad because it does not work in it's own terms, removed from other versions . In order for drama to be compelling and conflict between characters to be rich, a narrative has to coherently outline these character's perspectives, what they want and why they want it and then see the sparks fly, at least in an action/thriller narrative, which BvS consistently fails to do. This is why people in this thread, fans of the film, can't agree on what Batman's motivation is. That's a problem. And, no I'm not decrying people having different interpretations, or saying that fans should be a monolith, but this is the primary motivations of the lead characters, the fact that this is so obfuscated speaks to the deep writing troubles with this film and is why, outside of the Bizarro world of this thread, Batman v Superman was received poorly by both critics and audiences.

Yes, Batman being fictional matters a lot, a lot of the arguments in this thread are pitched as if Batman's a real person and we are objectively judging his actions, as opposed to a fictional one whose every action is decided by the writers/storytellers.

Oh dear.

Let's pare your post down - removing pointless redundancies, spurious claims, and empty "it's just bad" declarations:

I honestly tried.

You frankly don't seem to know why you are upset. "Deep writing troubles"? What are you even talking about.

The bulk of your post is spent complaining that nobody agrees with you. Maybe just write better.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 24, 2016

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Karloff: I've seen people say this is their favorite movie version of Batman, but I haven't seen anyone say that he is the best version of Batman because he kills. If you're arguing specifically at people who say that the no-kill Batman is "not my Batman," could you give an example of anyone actually arguing that?

I don't understand why you're giving an example of a movie where no one would recognize the character as Batman. No one had trouble recognizing the character in BvS as Batman, and you're also seemingly not even trying to argue that BvS Batman is too far from Batman.

At the end of the day, your argument seems to basically be that the movie is bad. I truly don't know what you're referring to when you say people disagree as to Batman's motivation. They might disagree as to what his behavior seems to have been before the events of the movie take place (which is obviously unclear), but everyone agrees on his basic motivation (stop Superman at all cost so he doesn't destroy the world) and on the basic trajectory he's been going on leading up to the movie (getting worse, more cruel, etc.). You're pointing to people interpreting art and saying "look your interpretations don't line up therefore the art is bad."

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 24, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Karloff posted:

You could cut all instances of his killing out of the film and it would not affect the character one iota, mainly because the killing is not an aspect interestingly applied in order to put more layers on the character or to reveal or say something compelling, but instead a wayward element incoherently bolted on in order to increase the vicarious power fantasy aspects of what is probably the most one dimensional Batmen of them all, and creates contradictions and problems within the film's own terms.

Batman's willingness to kill absolutely does speak about his character (and the thought that it somehow doesn't or couldn't is ludicrous). The idea that it's a "wayward element," in a film where a superhero is literally taken to court to speak for their actions, is frankly untenable.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Schwarzwald posted:

Big O was an excellent show.

This deserves repetition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGdTSeIbhM

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

BvS would still suck if Batman didn't kill.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

BvS would still be good if Batman killed a puppy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
BvS wouldn't be all that different whether he explicitly killed or not, but I think with the lethal force his enemies were packing it would stretch believability a little bit if he could just harmlessly incapacitate them all. Ah last in the second fight scene he's making an effort.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Karloff posted:

You are objectively judging his actions, just his actions to kill.

You're taking a clear double standard - everything up to killing is "oh well this is a fictional character so we can't judge it the same way". Actually killing someone is "oh well this is the worst thing in the world and think of the children etc". Why are people allowed to judge the character (and writers etc by extension ) for killing but not for visibly maiming?

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
It's generally more about vigilante characters. If they kill they end up more like real world vigilantes, which is Punisher's deal.

In Batman's case, at least in The Dark Knight, it can kind of be looked at as one of the ways he distinguishes himself from other vigilantes. He tells the copycats at the beginning that he isn't like them because he isn't wearing hockey pads. He thinks he's better than them because he had money and training. That may be true, but that's kinda classist and partly just excusing his own failings.

It's similar to Welcome Back, Frank, where the Punisher encounters three copycats, calls them fascist, careless, and a maniac, and then kills them with a machine gun.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The zeitgeist of the 10s wouldn't allow a superhero that declares an aversion to killing. A film made in a country where mass shootings happen daily, police shoot dead over a thousand suspects a year and your average American is ready to draw and kill someone who crosses their path at the slightest provocation.

The protection of life, even life that threatens your persons or property is an alien concept to your most important audience.

"It's not that we can't believe a man can fly, we can't even believe that a man can know it's wrong to kill."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bedshaped posted:

The zeitgeist of the 10s wouldn't allow a superhero that declares an aversion to killing. A film made in a country where mass shootings happen daily, police shoot dead over a thousand suspects a year and your average American is ready to draw and kill someone who crosses their path at the slightest provocation.

The protection of life, even life that threatens your persons or property is an alien concept to your most important audience.

"It's not that we can't believe a man can fly, we can't even believe that a man can know it's wrong to kill."

Batman has far more in common with the police that beating up suspects than as a champion of the people (he was even an official member of the police in the racist-as-gently caress 1960s!).

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

computer parts posted:

Batman has far more in common with the police that beating up suspects than as a champion of the people (he was even an official member of the police in the racist-as-gently caress 1960s!).

Did you miss the issue where Batman starts his community outreach program and puts on an apron and gives soup to homeless people?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

In Batman's case, at least in The Dark Knight, it can kind of be looked at as one of the ways he distinguishes himself from other vigilantes. He tells the copycats at the beginning that he isn't like them because he isn't wearing hockey pads. He thinks he's better than them because he had money and training. That may be true, but that's kinda classist and partly just excusing his own failings.

I always thought it was pretty hilarious that Batman's giving all those copycats poo poo about equipment and then the next cut his mecha-fist is having critical usage failures and he's being driven into garage columns because he's stuck to a van door.

Also,

and

Drifter fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 24, 2016

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

Holmes looks worse because Maggie Gyllenhaal is so great in Dark Knight.

Also, Kirsten Dunst is the worst in the Spider-Man movies (even though she's probably a better actor than Holmes and Bosworth).

now these are both some wild-rear end opinions. Gyllenhaal has maybe the worst line readings in that whole trilogy, and it's not a trilogy short on clunky line readings.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

You gotta post the clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2xX1qkP_ZI&t=209s

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

now these are both some wild-rear end opinions. Gyllenhaal has maybe the worst line readings in that whole trilogy, and it's not a trilogy short on clunky line readings.

Yeah, Katie Holmes wasn't amazing but she was definitely better than Gyllenhaal.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Did you miss the issue where Batman starts his community outreach program and puts on an apron and gives soup to homeless people?
I saw the one where he spent a day giving people he accosted free ice cream instead of beating the poo poo out of them

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bedshaped posted:

Or maybe we're cynical about the idea of a hero solving problems with only the precisely correct about of morally perfect violence.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

No, but I saw the one where he strangles a Turkey to cook it for Thanksgiving.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Martman posted:

BvS would still be good if Batman killed a puppy.
Well sure, of course Batman V John Wick would be a great movie. Nobody is arguing otherwise, man.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

computer parts posted:

No, but I saw the one where he strangles a Turkey to cook it for Thanksgiving.

Batman brings a turkey dinner into the sewers for Solomon Grundy every year.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah, Katie Holmes wasn't amazing but she was definitely better than Gyllenhaal.

the part where Harvey Dent's getting taken away and she's like "you can't leave that up to chance!" hits me the same way as the sound of rubbing two pieces of Styrofoam together, or a marker that's starting to dry out on a piece of paper.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

I wanna see the twist ending where Marcus flinches and fires, and Batman is "forced" to snap his neck.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Batman brings a turkey dinner into the sewers for Solomon Grundy every year.

So he's fine killing animals, good to know.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's tofurkey. Solomon Grundy is a bad guy after all.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Drifter posted:

I always thought it was pretty hilarious that Batman's giving all those copycats poo poo about equipment and then the next cut his mecha-fist is having critical usage failures and he's being driven into garage columns because he's stuck to a van door.

Also,

and

Who was the goon that posted about ending circles of violence by killing people, because I can't not think of that now and it makes the second image hilarious.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I rewatched Cap 2 and Avengers 2 over the last couple of days. I know full well Marvel would never go for it, but I'm still struck by the incredible homoerotic subtext to Cap, especially his relationships with Bucky and Stark. I feel like the whole plot of Civil War could have been nipped in the bud if Cap finally acted on his chemistry with Stark, or admitted to Stark that he's doing all of this because of the feelings he has for Bucky. I think Stark would be much more forgiving of Cap if he cited that, rather than blind ideals, as the reason he was going out on such a limb for Bucky.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the part where Harvey Dent's getting taken away and she's like "you can't leave that up to chance!" hits me the same way as the sound of rubbing two pieces of Styrofoam together, or a marker that's starting to dry out on a piece of paper.

Everyone makes fun of Bale's batvoice (rightly so), but at least he has a bit of excuse (lovely costume). The fact that her delivery can be worst than his batvoice is almost impressive.

Cythereal posted:

I rewatched Cap 2 and Avengers 2 over the last couple of days. I know full well Marvel would never go for it, but I'm still struck by the incredible homoerotic subtext to Cap, especially his relationships with Bucky and Stark. I feel like the whole plot of Civil War could have been nipped in the bud if Cap finally acted on his chemistry with Stark, or admitted to Stark that he's doing all of this because of the feelings he has for Bucky. I think Stark would be much more forgiving of Cap if he cited that, rather than blind ideals, as the reason he was going out on such a limb for Bucky.

The only good thing about Civil War is how it pushes the love triangle narrative even further. In the next movie we will find out Falcon sleeps with Sharon Carter* regularly and Cap doesn't mind, he's focused on his boyfriend(s).

*Cap and Sharon kissing still bugs me and the bro nod is a terrible moment.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 24, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cythereal posted:

Can't it just be his oldest friend? The only thing he has from the 'old days'? It's pretty clear he has a soft spot for things like that. That seems reason enough.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Can't it just be his oldest friend? The only thing he has from the 'old days'? It's pretty clear he has a soft spot for things like that. That seems reason enough.

This is kind of what I think, too.

I've never thought Cap was jockin' after dick - that just wasn't the sign I got between him and Buck (rhymes with gently caress?!?!).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

It can and that's undoubtedly what Marvel intended, I'm just saying the chemistry is really visible and Tony Stark has an established soft spot for romance. Cap citing romantic feelings for Bucky might very well have gotten Stark off his case in Civil War - I think Stark is the kind of guy who thinks everyone is entitled to do possibly dumb things in the name of love.

Not to mention the implication that Cap and Stark were living together (in Avengers Tower) between CA 2 and Avengers 2.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 24, 2016

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Drifter posted:

This is kind of what I think, too.

I've never thought Cap was jockin' after dick - that just wasn't the sign I got between him and Buck (rhymes with gently caress?!?!).
His name is Bucky, and he's here to represent the exploited proletarian soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Chris Evans plays Cap as locking up a bit around women, to signal that he's a square, which means he's warmer and more open with his male friends, hence the shipping.

• Locked thread