Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/channelfireball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Sword of Fire and Ice et al. are still okay. They just have that massive mana investment to them in order to work, but can shield the equipped creature from some removal.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They also lead to horrible snowballing gameplay.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

"create a token"? Is that new?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah, those swords all do some stupid things once they touch you. It just takes two sorcery-speed effects and a body to attach it to in order to pull it off.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

netcat posted:

"create a token"? Is that new?

The new templating for put a token

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Ugh. Berserk dropped to 17 on TCG for a minute so I picked up 4. Now watch it crater to 5 dollars.

Not that I care legacy infect is now done.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Ugh. Berserk dropped to 17 on TCG for a minute so I picked up 4. Now watch it crater to 5 dollars.

If it's anything like the original conspiracy, it'll crater.

:thumbsup:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Count Bleck posted:

If it's anything like the original conspiracy, it'll crater.

:thumbsup:

Probably. But at least I got 4 now!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Errant Gin Monks posted:

you'd lose $48!

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Email sent to thePeavstenator and ShaneB. Any other goons in Indy that would be interested in a cube draft? Pm me your email if so.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

TheKingofSprings posted:

You could print cards that make already existing equipment more playable in the format. A Stoneforge without the tap ability alone would go miles towards that and I'm sure there are other possibilities that don't have to destroy standard.

What is the definition of "good gameplay" here?

What is it with you and equipment? Aren't you the one who thought Jitte would be fine to unban in modern? If you want to know why equipment is unplayable in modern thank WotC for printing Kolaghan's Command.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Put some jank rear end brews in the feature match. I don't want to watch Jund, Abzan, Infect, Zoo or Infinity all day

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

rabidsquid posted:

you'd lose $48!
Yeah I'm cool with that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

What is it with you and equipment? Aren't you the one who thought Jitte would be fine to unban in modern? If you want to know why equipment is unplayable in modern thank WotC for printing Kolaghan's Command.

Magical swords are cool, nerd

Irony Be My Shield posted:

If they are unblocked, connect, and for a five mana investment in a four mana format.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah they're not really good enough for modern. But if they ever are good in a format they lead to that snowballing gameplay because you get a massive advantage by connecting that helps you to connect on future turns.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Is there coverage of gp Lilli?

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

C-Euro posted:

If he's playing Mill and saying all that stuff he's either trolling you or really doesn't know what he's talking about.

He didn't seem self-aware enough to be trolling. He also said sideboarding was too tryhard.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So GPindi nearly made 150k in tournament entry. How much in prizes are they giving away?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Fact or Fiction from coverage asked if Pauper would be at a GP. I'd like to see pauper at a GP or Pro Tour. It would be interesting to see what brews pros come up with. Or just a ton of Drake decks.

lazerwolf fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 27, 2016

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sickening posted:

So GPindi nearly made 150k in tournament entry. How much in prizes are they giving away?

$200 and a 50" plasma TV.

lazerwolf posted:

I'd like to see pauper at a GP or Pro Tour

If that's what it'll take to get Drake and Delver banned.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

uninverted posted:

He didn't seem self-aware enough to be trolling. He also said sideboarding was too tryhard.

Just ignore him, he's clearly a doofus. I say this as a Mill player (in Modern).

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pauper GP to happen to make Oubliette more than Show and Tell.

Or if they do it, they decide not to use the Online banlist :getin:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

On my way to go conspiracy drafting, hope I get to see some hilarious jank. What's on the banlist for pauper?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

lazerwolf posted:

Fact or Fiction from coverage asked if Pauper would be at a GP. I'd like to see pauper at a GP or Pro Tour. It would be interesting to see what brews pros come up with. Or just a ton of Drake decks.

I don't think Pauper will ever be a GP format because it doesn't really incentivize buying cards at all, meaning that it doesn't incentivize buying boosters.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Watching this lantern control garbage is excruciating.

boba fetacheese
Dec 12, 2000
Conspiracy 2 draft is pretty sweet.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Elyv posted:

I don't think Pauper will ever be a GP format because it doesn't really incentivize buying cards at all, meaning that it doesn't incentivize buying boosters.

As bad as the format is I would totally watch a once a year Duel Commander Grand Prix

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Sickening posted:

From Here

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

that prize structure is complete garbage and i absolutely can not understand the mtg grinder mentality for payouts like that

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
People are desperate and foolish what's not to get. Hasbro is good at what they do...

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

that prize structure is complete garbage and i absolutely can not understand the mtg grinder mentality for payouts like that

People are really good at lying to themselves about their prospects.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

PJOmega posted:

I certainly was. RIP gp dreams.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

PJOmega posted:

See: state lotteries

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Molybdenum posted:

Is there coverage of gp Lilli?

Nope, which is a shame because I was the feature match judge one round :(

(But a good thing because everyone is sweating buckets please stop holding GPs in badly air conditioned venues in 34c heat)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Nope, which is a shame because I was the feature match judge one round :(

(But a good thing because everyone is sweating buckets please stop holding GPs in badly air conditioned venues in 34c heat)

how is there a feature match if there's no coverage?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
5 color ziggurat?

Oh, a Rhino deck :v:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

how is there a feature match if there's no coverage?

They still have a separate area where people can gather around and watch.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

5 color ziggurat?

Oh, a Rhino deck :v:

it's the most "value creatures" deck you can make, and i support it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

They still have a separate area where people can gather around and watch.

oh wierd, but i guess that's cool

i don't go to tournaments cause lol i suck at this game, so i don't know much about the structure of them

• Locked thread