Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Normally he's very, very critical of Clinton and Liberals too, so this says something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fullhouse posted:

this literally isn't true (whigs broke up over slavery, nobody took the know-nothings seriously) and all our third parties are jokes so there won't be one to take the GOP's place when they continue sliding down their Brown Death toilet drain

The funniest historical third party is the Anti-Masonic Party and how they tried to get a guy to join their party who was still an active Freemason.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

sector_corrector posted:

I didn't watch it, but the ideological purity testing is new, right?

No. 'Extreme vetting' has been running in the Times for at least a month.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Can someone sum up the last few hours? Why is everyone now freaking out

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/771191036823506944

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

uncurable mlady posted:

has anyone said kristollnacht yet

Night of the Short Fingers usually is the reply to that one

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

a dog from hell posted:

Yeah I am well aware of your point. You realize that is Trump's appeal?

As a guy who posts about him way too much, unfortunately yes.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Technically you haven't been allowed to be a member of the Communist Party if you want to immigrate for a few decades

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

a dog from hell posted:

No. 'Extreme vetting' has been running in the Times for at least a month.

The summaries I'm reading makes it seem like he went further than he'd previously explicated, but maybe they're wrong.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Hahahaha they are going to horse race this poo poo as much as possible. Good. It will make the inevitable fascist meltdown that much sweeter on election day.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Yinlock posted:

remember when Trump was just regular crazy again instead of RNC Turbo-Fascist crazy

about that

oh so Mecha-HitlerTrump is back. Great :shepface:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

sector_corrector posted:

nah, trump has been into that nonsense for a while now

I'm still waiting for someone to break the news to him that terrorists can lie to immigration

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/DonaldTrump_PR/status/771182190403031040

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Unzip and Attack posted:

Hahahaha they are going to horse race this poo poo as much as possible. Good. It will make the inevitable fascist meltdown that much sweeter on election day.

a small evil part of me wants trump to win so that they get what they deserve

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Sort of good to see that teenagers are reading up on the tactics of the juntas during the Dirty War. I'm sad they're probably pro-junta tho

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh.... oh god is this how it starts?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Rocks posted:

Trump had a full day of subduing a foreign leader and using that energy to give a fully fascist immigration speech

The only non-Trumps who seem to be swayed in the affirmative are a fraction of the #NeverTrumpers so like 15 neocon pundits

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I would really like to meet who the soft voters are in this election who were somehow swayed or even aware of today/tonight's events [spoiler: soft voters don't really exist]

Like literally, y'all need to take a deep breath

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocks posted:

trump went a day without publically making GBS threads his pants (well, he did poo poo them a little, but everyone ignored it). Gave a terrifying speech. Media now confirms the race is too close to call as they lick their chops for rating dollars. Boosted still has yet to cover his horns with a dashing red cap.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mods please change boosted's name to Owner of a Lonely Hat

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, that's the best picture they have of him?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

if your trump bump lasts for more than 4 hours, seek medical attention immediately

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/771193241626566656

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

muscles like this? posted:

The funniest historical third party is the Anti-Masonic Party and how they tried to get a guy to join their party who was still an active Freemason.

fingers crossed for an anti-masonic revival in 2020

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Squizzle posted:

mods please change boosted's name to Owner of a Lonely Hat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

:sigh:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

squidgee posted:

nah, trump has been into that nonsense for a while now

I'm still waiting for someone to break the news to him that terrorists can lie to immigration

Considering that parts of the right are obsessed with Taqiya, this might actually become a thing. Just ignore that its an esoteric Shia thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The wrong billy mitchell died

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/771185740499722243

My take - Trump won the Hewitt, NRO, Frum, Krauthammer, Kristol vote tonight.

This would have been great for him if it were the primaries or post convention... Not labour day weekend.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Their sister site UpDog agrees

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i sincerely hope clinton is everything people like zoux and obdicut claim she is because now i wont be happy unless the first debate ends with him being reduced to a carbonized outline on the floor

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Just quoting this from 25 pages ago because the insanity in the speech made everyone forget.

That and holy loving poo poo, this election.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

i sincerely hope clinton is everything people like zoux and obdicut claim she is because now i wont be happy unless the first debate ends with him being reduced to a carbonized outline on the floor

she's not that great, tbh

and the media's gonna grade trump on a massive curve anyway

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

she just needs to not be a robot and start opening that pickle jar to keep his tiny nuts in it

McGlockenshire posted:

Just quoting this from 25 pages ago because the insanity in the speech made everyone forget.

That and holy loving poo poo, this election.

Now let's get Trump to meet with PM Trudeau to roll out Canada Hat

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UGGGGGHHHHH YESSSSSS

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i basically let my white hot hatred of fake journalists and demagogues inform most of my political affiliations, thats why im with HER, shes shown nothing but contempt for them since the beginning of this campaign

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

No, but this is the first time he's gotten more specific about it. Basically he straight up said they'll be asking about immigrant's thoughts on honor killings and LGBT people, among other things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

hey guys remember when i said that the ink was already dry on the pivot trump story so no one is gonna learn anything about the klan rally that followed

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/771193422010920960

• Locked thread