Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

b0red posted:

Do more with less!

we're going to take all the Gold next Olympic in the 30 year race to the bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

every time i read it i think of this guy, but like wearing boardshorts and guzzling a mtn dew

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

it's like juggalos aren't even trying anymore

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

Proper space travel costs too much money for private business to not gently caress it up.

The old joke at nasa was "the shuttle is ready to launch when the paperwork stack is as high as the rocket stack"

Private business loves cutting corners
ULA has been swimming in massive profit margins due to monopolies and everything is underwritten and insured by the same insurance companies anyway

if spacex consistently blows poo poo up their insurance rates go up and they won't be able to afford to launch poo poo; the world needs discount space truckers and competition is a good thing, so i'm rooting for them in this case

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bhodi posted:

ULA has been swimming in massive profit margins due to monopolies and everything is underwritten and insured by the same insurance companies anyway

if spacex consistently blows poo poo up their insurance rates go up and they won't be able to afford to launch poo poo; the world needs discount space truckers and competition is a good thing, so i'm rooting for them in this case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcTJZLxhFU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Xaris posted:

America is a poo poo lowest-bid corner cutting country and i'm proud :911:

Quoting for the America page

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://universityofcalifornia.edu/news/midlife-crisis-myth

rich_old_boomers_happy-poor_young_people_miserable.txt

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Proper space travel costs too much money for private business to not gently caress it up.

The old joke at nasa was "the shuttle is ready to launch when the paperwork stack is as high as the rocket stack"

Private business loves cutting corners

lol nasa cut corners on safety all over the place and it killed multiple astronauts. the paperwork you're thinking of is for making sure everyone's buddies in congress got paid. it has nothing to do with science or safety.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
page 1776 gently caress yeah, the original brexit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

:patriot:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Bhodi posted:

as bad as spacex is, breaking the ULA military industrial complex stranglehold on space travel is worth the price

sucks about AMOS, initial reports had it still in the warehouse nearby. then again it was slated to be facebooks for their 'internet everywhere' thing, so lol not a great loss

it's money out of the insurance co's pockets so it's even better imo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's like juggalos aren't even trying anymore

they aren't juggalos

just two Carolina rednecks who have a lot of money and drones

also it might shock you but the one on the left is all sorts of hosed up on drugs

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 1, 2016

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

exploding mummy posted:

they aren't juggalos

also it might shock you but the one on the left is all sorts of hosed up on drugs
Matt Hardy met a giraffe at the zoo and declared on twitter that it had the reincarnated spirit of george washington. He's the one on the right

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I like to search for internship, opportunity or exposure on CL and :stare: at the results:

quote:

*** BUILD ME A UBER APP****

compensation: 3% of net profit for 2 years and advanced payment

PLEASE READ AD BEFORE CALLING Looking for an app developer that can make me an UBER interface. This is a golden opportunity to get in the ground floor with this project with this company. The developers must have top credentials similar to UBER.We are PAYING a deferred payment after of the construction of this application. The Payment will be a full 3% of net profit for 2 years and advanced payment. Call me ASAP

IF YOU DO INQUIRE YOU MUST LEAVE A PHONE NUMBER.
If hired, you must submit Photo ID and Proof of Address.
If not interested please don't

Quentin

ideas_guy.txt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

exploding mummy posted:

they aren't juggalos

really makes u think

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol at the jobs you can get without a mobile phone these days

I found a street in louisville last weekend that you couldn't park on without a smartphone lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

red19fire posted:

I like to search for internship, opportunity or exposure on CL and :stare: at the results:

ideas_guy.txt

"3% of net profit"

always get gross points

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

exploding mummy posted:

they aren't juggalos

idk if you know what juggalos are

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Krakox posted:

Matt Hardy met a giraffe at the zoo and declared on twitter that it had the reincarnated spirit of george washington. He's the one on the right

surprisingly, he's NOT the one known for being on drugs all the time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

exploding mummy posted:

they aren't juggalos

the one on the left went out on all sorts of poo poo for the main event of a pay per view show a few years ago

the match went 10 seconds and ended with his opponent legitimately pinning him while the crowd booed just to end the show and get him out of there

as the winner walked backstage the crowd was chanting "BULLSHIT" and he just yelled back "i agree"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
tick-tick-tick-BOOM.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BgJEXQkjNQ

skip to 1:09

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Management posted:

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

FMguru posted:

tick-tick-tick-BOOM.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BgJEXQkjNQ

skip to 1:09

https://twitter.com/pbdes/status/771409425475174400
https://twitter.com/pbdes/status/771409983074426881

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

"3% of net profit"

always get gross points

for that guy i think the best way to go would be cash up front and one of those little anti-counterfeit UV lights

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

idk if you know what juggalos are

wicked j, who died as he lived

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

loll

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yikes

heads are gunna roll for that one

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
rip wicked j

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

Elon "Elon Musk" Musk

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

🖕🖕🖕

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A crushing loss

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that's a pretty huge fuckup

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Pinterest Mom posted:

🖕🖕🖕

nobody names the country they are in while in Africa.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

africa has countries?

-- 1 in 3 americans

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
you guys are misreading that. Spacecom will get $285M from their marine cargo insurance, which covers everything up to the actual launch

unlike the space launch policy, which if they had gotten it they'd have been hosed, but they didn't, so they aren't. except for facebook's 100 mil which they aren't getting, obv

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 1, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

sonatinas posted:

nobody names the country they are in while in Africa.

since he's a white not healthcare worker you can assume south africa

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wait how did I miss washio going out of business?

quote:

The Last Cookie

Dear Washio Community,

We started Washio some 4 years ago with a simple goal in mind: to clean the world’s clothes. That mission began from our kitchen counter, and led us through an incredible journey over the last few years as we became the nation’s largest dry clean and laundry service. We served our loyal customers in six cities across the country, 7 days a week, morning noon and night, with 24-hour turnaround for clean clothes. A proposition that still, to this day, does not exist in the offline world.

We generated millions in revenue and hundreds of thousands of orders, but the nature of startups is being innovative and venturing into uncharted territory: sometimes you make it, sometimes you don’t. We are proud of what we accomplished along the way: over one million items of clothing dry cleaned, and over 21,000 tons of laundry washed and folded!

As of Aug 29, Washio will be shutting down its operations. No more orders will be accepted and outstanding orders will be returned promptly to customers.

We are not alone in believing in Washio’s core business, technology and team, and hope it lives on in some shape or form in the future. But, that story has yet to be told…

From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank you for all of your support and belief in Washio, our vision and our love for sharing cookies and clean clothes.

Sincerely,
Jordan, Juan and Bob
Washio Co-Founders
remember "well we don't need laundromats in san francisco anymore because there's washio?"

qirex fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RIP SpaceX

• Locked thread