Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Not to mention that it's also a drag car...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

donut posted:

A Pontiac dealer called "Gay Pontiac" would be childish to find humor in. Same dealer using rainbow livery however, is some solid gold camp.

Then what's with the Gemini capsule behind them?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

St_Ides posted:

Kind of looks like a butt plug?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shrapnig posted:

Not to mention that it's also a drag car...

I just didn't want this to get overlooked.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

St_Ides posted:

Two dudes? I dunno.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

St_Ides posted:

Dickinson, TX is really near Johnson Space Center. In fact, the dealership still appears to be around, though they're not a Pontiac dealer anymore (obviously).

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Craptacular posted:

Dickinson, TX is really near Johnson Space Center. In fact, the dealership still appears to be around, though they're not a Pontiac dealer anymore (obviously).
It's just :dong:'s all the way down.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
sweet custom 2.4l V8 in a BRZ. Sounds awesome

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/11/subaru-brz-362hp-24liter-v8-japan-video/

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I gotta say, watching lots of hotrod garage and roadkill stuff with big american muscle, 362 HP from a v8 (albeit a tiny one) seems super un-newsworthy at this point. That's coming from someone that grew up looking down on that kind of car and being more interested in j.a-pan imports. Sounds like gutless v4 poo poo too.

Maybe I'm just a oval office

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Qmass posted:

Maybe I'm just a oval office

Answered your own question there. And you have never driven or heard a real v8 I assume. Driving a v8 American muscle is like no other experience. Driving a powerful jdm is fun but there is no threat of dying or going deaf.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That engine in say, an Ariel Atom would grab my attention. In a BRZ, it's a bit yawn-inducing, past the cool-factor of a bespoke engine derived from a motorcycle I4.

If anyone can translate the Japanese text in the video, I'd love to know what kind of gears it's running. Thing is probably a DOG on the street.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

SouthsideSaint posted:

Answered your own question there. And you have never driven or heard a real v8 I assume. Driving a v8 American muscle is like no other experience. Driving a powerful jdm is fun but there is no threat of dying or going deaf.
think you need to put more points into comprehension.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It usually takes effort to make an old muscle V8 sound bad. In general, the whole experience makes up for the relative lack of power compared to modern engines. My 327 Corvette produces less hp and torque (and gets about 4 mpg worse) than my Jeep Wrangler, but the driving experience is worlds more fun and the engine note and feel are huge reasons.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sorry, but that's loving awesome. Just curious why they went old-school with ZX12R motors.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
1967 Datsun 411 wagon got the full Boileau treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhm0oCNzXoE

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

That's a quality avatar you got there.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SouthsideSaint posted:

The question is, does it have less torque than a Honda?

Anyway, check out this fuckin dogge:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Thanks, red circle, I almost missed it

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SouthsideSaint posted:

Driving a powerful jdm is fun but there is no threat of dying or going deaf.

So you've never driven an FD RX-7 with a single turbo conversion, got it.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

SouthsideSaint posted:

You should buy Sweet Chilli Heat and report back.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

SouthsideSaint posted:

Driving a powerful jdm is fun but there is no threat of dying or going deaf.

I cold name half a dozen JDM cars that will deafen you in ways no Yank V8 could even think of and also are far more scary to drive. Honestly, have you even been near a rotary race motor at close to full throttle.....?????

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I cold name half a dozen JDM cars that will deafen you in ways no Yank V8 could even think of and also are far more scary to drive. Honestly, have you even been near a rotary race motor at close to full throttle.....?????

Not too many top fuel rotaries :v:

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

idk, old american cars with lovely tyres and fuckloads of power are way more scary than anything japanese, just because fast jdm cars tend to handle.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

People in this thread saying Japanese cars are scarier have never driven a manual-rack, single-boosted-4-wheel-drum braked, Chevy II on slicks and skinnies with a 1100+hp big block in the nose.

On the street. In the rain.

:unsmigghh:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

MrYenko posted:

People in this thread saying Japanese cars are scarier have never driven a manual-rack, single-boosted-4-wheel-drum braked, Chevy II on slicks and skinnies with a 1100+hp big block in the nose.

On the street. In the rain.

:unsmigghh:

Since I presume you're still alive I'm not sure you've driven it either. :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Border Collies: Wanna race from a roll?

http://i.imgur.com/tupZFW1.gifv

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Can't believe the black and white one went over that jump!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

El Scotch posted:

Since I presume you're still alive I'm not sure you've driven it either. :v:

It was the only time I've ever chickened out, parked it, and handed the keys back.

:mediocre:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My crazy uncle had some sort of blown Ford Galaxie. 400+ hp on 25 year old bias ply tires and the original "we don't know what we're doing" suspension.

Thought I was going to die every trip. Didn't help that the road to his "ranch" (read: tax evasion house in the boonies) was 40 miles of gravel and chip rock.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

It's on the ground it's on the ground

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1996-chevy-lumina-apv-gtp-2016-soccer-mom-challeng/107614/page1/

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

:perfect:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

http://m.ebay.de/itm/232071197840?_mwBanner=1

Haha!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Lord jesus.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Holy poo poo. How on earth did they register this thing?

The description also has a couple of gems:
"The modification was designed with reliability and safety in mind throughout"
"Drivability and controllability are very good for someone who knows how to use overpowered cars"
"With exhaust flaps closed, the car is pleasantly quiet, at least on the outside"
"Comfort: 2 racing seats with 6-point-harness and heat shielding where necessary (nothing else)"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mein Gott im Himmel

[e]:

quote:

Motor: Dodge Viper SRT-10
Hubraum: 8,3 Liter
Leistung: ca. 550 PS
Drehmoment: ca. 750 Nm (90% davon ab 1.500 U/Min.)
Getriebe: Tremec T-56 6-Gang
Leergewicht (trocken): :siren::siren::siren:1398 kg:siren::siren::siren:
Gewichtsverteilung: 51% vorne 49% hinten (mit Beifahrer fast genau 50%)
Bremsen: Brembo 6 Kolben vom Audi R8

:stare:

[ee:]

quote:

Kompressor Umbau auf 700 PS und 900 Nm (Platz wäre mit geändertem Kühler vorhanden)

:stonk:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 4, 2016

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I can't think of a better way to leave this good earth than in a cloud of tire and fine German leather smoke.

:black101:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

All the Doritos I have been around are rx8s so no. I would love to find a loud dorito but they are all v8 swapped around Chicago or not running and rusted to pieces.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

SouthsideSaint posted:

they are all v8 swapped or not running

Your story checks out.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Mein Gott im Himmel

[e]:

:stare:

[ee:]

:stonk:

Fast cars transcend language. I know one word of that last bit you quoted, but I still got the gist of it: "With optional supercharger...".

For the curious, I ran it through Google translate:
Compressor [ed. note: i.e., supercharger] conversion to 700 hp and 900 Nm (place would be available with a modified radiator)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Louvers?

Louvers.