Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Step Brothers gets the female reboot treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Gorson posted:

Windshield washer fluid I think yeah. It has a bluish tint and comes from where the reservoir would be in the engine compartment. Incredible display of power by the bull.
That's a big, oddly pressurized windshield-washer tank, but if it was the radiator it'd have a color to it (also more steam), so yeah, I guess so.

88h88 posted:

No poo poo, you'd think humans would be smarter than to piss about with animals capable of loving poo poo up so easily.
:lol: you overestimate our species. I've posted about it before, but I guess you missed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHyQ7zzb24
This is an actual sport. How these people can afford health insurance, I have no idea, but apparently they do.

MisterBibs posted:

It's Bender claiming to go off and make his own theme park.
Youtube with blackjack and hookers already exists, it's called Vimeo/Liveleak.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sestze posted:

Probably late, but the LA Times has been doing a writeup of an incident that occurred back in 2011 that's just wrapping up now

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/

The gist is somewhat simple: The head of an elementary school PTA has drugs planted in her car by a pair of high powered lawyers. The resulting clusterfuck sees both lawyers convicted and disbarred.

The final part of it comes out on Sunday, which I'm hoping has the results of the civil case in which their family is utterly cratered.

looking up the actual results, the PTA lady was awarded 5.6 million dollars, but the article is well written and worth a look.

Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is wrong with those people?

That's a loving terrifying story of two lawyers who think they're loving god trying to destroy someone they see as a 'peasant' who dared to step on their shadows.

Also - those cops went above and beyond the call of duty on this one and a genuine thumbs up to them. Thorough as hell, drat.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Sep 3, 2016

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Also the last piece gets posted tomorrow so read that.

FCKGW has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Sep 3, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Gorilla Salad posted:

Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is wrong with those people?

That's a loving terrifying story of two lawyers who think they're loving god trying to destroy someone they see as a 'peasant' who dared to step on their shadows.

Also - those cops went above and beyond the call of duty on this one and a genuine thumbs up to them. Thorough as hell, drat.

The worst bit is if all police departments were this thorough the system would collapse and even more people wouldn't see justice than they do now due to a lack of resources.

It'd be interesting if you had to pay back a percentage of the resources spent persecuting if you earned over say $100,000 (or whatever) a year, kind of like the danish(?) speeding fines. That way courts have an incentive to go after the rich. Pipe dreams and all that.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Sestze posted:

Probably late, but the LA Times has been doing a writeup of an incident that occurred back in 2011 that's just wrapping up now

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/

The gist is somewhat simple: The head of an elementary school PTA has drugs planted in her car by a pair of high powered lawyers. The resulting clusterfuck sees both lawyers convicted and disbarred.

The final part of it comes out on Sunday, which I'm hoping has the results of the civil case in which their family is utterly cratered.

looking up the actual results, the PTA lady was awarded 5.6 million dollars, but the article is well written and worth a look.

What a bunch of loving nutjobs. How can someone get that vindictive and petty. Also lol @ the self-insert self-published revenge novel she wrote.

This was all I saw when I looked at the pictures of the wife though:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Foxhound posted:

What a bunch of loving nutjobs. How can someone get that vindictive and petty. Also lol @ the self-insert self-published revenge novel she wrote.

Apparently she has changed her name to Ava Everheart now which just adds to her crazy. it's such an amazing story, they are pretty much straight out of a Coen brothers film, like another poster said earlier.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

The real freude for me about the whole Youtube thing is that it's not the end of Youtube. The same people kvetching about this are (by and large) still going to make videos, and if they don't, they'll be replaced by some other person who makes videos of themselves talking about poo poo, and they know it.

It's Bender claiming to go off and make his own theme park.

Like has been said it's no different from what already happens. It's the reason that 4chan at one time was losing money despite being so popular (I have no idea about now) or that when Jon Jones gets pissed and hits a pregnant woman with his car he loses sponsorship deals.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Delivery McGee posted:

Youtube with blackjack and hookers already exists, it's called Vimeo/Liveleak.

Yeah, but none of those have the mainstream pull of Youtube, and I don't think this is going to cause a mass migration. Content creators won't go there because they know their audience won't follow them, a comparative lack of an audience means content creators won't go there.

Another attempt at a Youtube With Blackjack And Hookers, for that matter, comes to mind: Blip. Sure, it was great for people who wanted to use people's stuff without paying for it nostalgic movie critics, but people went for them and didn't watch anything else.

E: vvv I have never came close, much less "literally nearly killed myself", due to eating a hot dog. You must have me mistaken for someone else, or can't read. Either way, it's schadenfreude for me.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 09:44 on Sep 3, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i get schadenfreude every time misterbibs posts because it reminds me how he literally nearly killed himself by eating a hot dog not once, but twice in as many attempts

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I'm in the hospital because while eating my first bite of a hotdog, a bit of it fell down my food pipe. Said food pipe decided to clamp down on that nugget of food, so there's a good chance I'll have to be knocked out and be fished around inside.

Double freude points for this same thing happening maybe four years ago. Same food, same effect, same possible result.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Well that was fast.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm assuming food pipe means esophagus, not windpipe. How would having food in there be life threatening(at least immediately, it would obviously stop you from eating of course)? I sometimes get food that tends to stick and it's incredibly uncomfortable and alarming when it happens, so I'm sure it really sucked.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Foxhound posted:

The thing that warms my heart about the case isn't just that they're found guilty as hell and getting the book thrown at them; it's that they are the kinds of people for whom reputation is everything, and that is what's actually getting summarily stripped from them.

To the wife, the whole case was revenge for a slight from a "no one" in her words. Someone who, in her interpretation, "insulted" her son. That in itself was enough to make her want to destroy the person's life. For the crime of insinuating that her perfect family was anything less than gods walking the earth.

When she told her firefighter boyfriend "I will not survive this", she wasn't kidding. Just having to go through the trials, in the public eye, has got to be the most mortifying thing possible for her. And now that this story is getting the glossy LA Times treatment and zooming all over the internet (just as Amy did) so that everyone in the entire world knows that the two of them are scum—and stupid scum at that, since the story makes no attempt to downplay any of the idiotic poo poo they did—I wouldn't be surprised if the "how to kill yourself" search on her iPad was legitimately for herself, not something she left open for her husband to find.

My only remaining wish for fulfillment is that they serve as a warning to others somehow, and that some other delusional power-tripping monsters have enough clarity to see this as the path they're going down.

I also hope their kids will be okay. Imagine growing up being treated like princelings and then suddenly you're whisked away from your parents who are now the most hated people in America.

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Sep 3, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well at least the son might not understand what is happening :downs:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well at least the son might not understand what is happening :downs:

I hear he's slow.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
The last part is up now and mentions a trailer for her book (HOLDING HOUSE by AVA BJORK)- the husband is narrating this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlX_Js0YFRI

Also

quote:

To celebrate the verdict, Kelli Peters’ friends threw her a party. They had bought a heart-shaped pinata and decorated it with blown-up copies of the Easters’ mug shots.

Someone gave Peters a stick. She held it tentatively, embarrassed, and administered some half-hearted thwacks. Her daughter, now 15, took the stick. The girl whose childhood had been blighted by the ordeal told her mother to step back. Some of the people in the room were laughing, and some of the same people were already beginning to cry.

She swung the stick full-force. Paydays and 100 Grand bars tumbled through the gash.

:drat:

eta OMG, they got the two women on Dr.Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsX1X-S9nBc

Rondette has a new favorite as of 15:02 on Sep 3, 2016

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
Imagine if anyone other than a middle-aged suburban white mom had been the one who was being framed.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I like the email with 86 exclamation marks.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

DyneAvenger posted:

Imagine if anyone other than a middle-aged suburban white mom had been the one who was being framed.

Yep. Somehow I don't think a kid in Compton would be filing a lawsuit right now.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Data Graham posted:

I also hope their kids will be okay. Imagine growing up being treated like princelings and then suddenly you're whisked away from your parents who are now the most hated people in America.

Yeah, it's gonna suck for the kid to hear that mom is an arrogant, controlling psychoslut and dad is an arrogant dick. I feel sorry for the innocent kid, but he got caught in the backsplash from those two pieces of poo poo.

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah

zakharov posted:

Yep. Somehow I don't think a kid in Compton would be filing a lawsuit right now.

I don't think I've ever heard of someone being found with a bunch of drugs (on school grounds no less), being led inside the school to chat (unrestrained), and being reassured by the officer that everything was going to be alright.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I found something to take my my off those cartoonishly evil lawyers for a bit - the most Australian video I've seen in months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwRW148Jys

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gorilla Salad posted:

I found something to take my my off those cartoonishly evil lawyers for a bit - the most Australian video I've seen in months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwRW148Jys

Faaaaaaaaake

Here's an actual Australian video where a little old man almost steps on an incredibly poisonous snake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myeXMuGJAB8

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Delivery McGee posted:

:lol: you overestimate our species. I've posted about it before, but I guess you missed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHyQ7zzb24
This is an actual sport. How these people can afford health insurance, I have no idea, but apparently they do.

If you enjoy the cattle-freude, netflix has a series about bullriding called Fearless that's pretty good. By the last episode everyone is just beat to poo poo. The best part though is all the salty rednecks bitching about how the Brazilians win everything every year.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Instant Jellyfish posted:

If you enjoy the cattle-freude, netflix has a series about bullriding called Fearless that's pretty good. By the last episode everyone is just beat to poo poo. The best part though is all the salty rednecks bitching about how the Brazilians win everything every year.

That just popped up on Netflix in France recently too, only 2 episodes in but its a good show

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo they just found out that the rich couple actually didnt plant the drugs and the pta mom just used them as a scape goat for her drug problem.

The PTA mom came clean. Talk about reverse schadenfreude

https://youtu.be/5LitDGyxFh4

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
That wasn't even a little believable. You loving suck Jastiger.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Foxhound posted:

That wasn't even a little believable. You loving suck Jastiger.

Gasp Pharah avatar forgive me i have sinned. :)

An attempt was made though

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Exactly. I never "nearly killed myself" by eating a hotdog.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm assuming food pipe means esophagus, not windpipe. How would having food in there be life threatening(at least immediately, it would obviously stop you from eating of course)? I sometimes get food that tends to stick and it's incredibly uncomfortable and alarming when it happens, so I'm sure it really sucked.

Yeah, it sucked, but both times I was there for less than two hours and was released pretty much after it was done. Dysphagia is a risk when you've got the immune disorder I do, and I'm glad I've only dealt with it twice.

It's not a "nearly killed myself" thing, it's just people who can't/won't read. They're like Trump supporters, always funny that they get it so wrong.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Sep 3, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, it's gonna suck for the kid to hear that mom is an arrogant, controlling psychoslut and dad is an arrogant dick. I feel sorry for the innocent kid, but he got caught in the backsplash from those two pieces of poo poo.

Do you really think those kids don't know? I mean, I guess they could be so damaged by living under their heels that they think it's normal, but I can't imagine any kid of people THAT CRAZY isn't either hosed up or aware that their parents are insane.

Mommy just tells daddy to kill himself because she loves him!

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

MisterBibs posted:

Exactly. I never "nearly killed myself" by eating a hotdog.

right, you just had to go to the hospital because you tried to eat a hotdog, which is a perfectly normal thing that happens to everybody at least twice in their life

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Dex posted:

right, you just had to go to the hospital because you tried to eat a hotdog, which is a perfectly normal thing that happens to everybody at least twice in their life

It is when you've got what I've got. Having an illness where dysphagia is a real possibly is its whole domain of personal schadenfreude. I'm just glad that it's not more often a problem for me.

Didn't nearly kill myself. Reading is a skill, son.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 18:07 on Sep 3, 2016

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Data Graham posted:

The thing that warms my heart about the case isn't just that they're found guilty as hell and getting the book thrown at them; it's that they are the kinds of people for whom reputation is everything, and that is what's actually getting summarily stripped from them.

Oh man, for me it was the double serving of the old scooty fruity where, not only are they smug as gently caress lawyers thinking they got away with a perfect crime, they hired equally smug defense attorneys who didn't even go through all the evidence thinking this poo poo was open and shut because their clients are wealthy lawyers... Until the prosecutor pulled out the phone data pings in his final argument after the defense rested. That was the good stuff right there.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

MisterBibs posted:

It's not a "nearly killed myself" thing, it's just people who can't/won't read. They're like Trump supporters, always funny that they get it so wrong.

I think you're (unsurprisingly) missing the subtext that your posting is so consistently deficient that it could credibly be the work of a pelican.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I think you're (unsurprisingly) missing the subtext that your posting is so consistently deficient that it could credibly be the work of a pelican.

A pelican could probably manage to successfully eat a hot dog.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

zakharov posted:

A hot dog is a piece of bread bent around some meat. If I start to make a ham sandwich and find I only have one slice of bread, which I then bend in half around the ham, does it somehow never become a sandwich?

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

MisterBibs posted:

It is when you've got what I've got. Having an illness where dysphagia is a real possibly is its whole domain of personal schadenfreude. I'm just glad that it's not more often a problem for me.

Didn't nearly kill myself. Reading is a skill, son.

i didn't say you nearly killed yourself, i said you had to go to hospital twice due to hotdog-related events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I wonder why it seems so difficult for me to dispel this myth that I'm too goofed up in the old brainbox to perform basic bodily functions without imperiling my very life?? Must be because other people can't read. I'd better laugh at them being so wrong all the time

zakharov posted:

A hot dog is an "Open Palm" sandwich, as opposed to the "Closed Fist" school, which values self-sufficiency and will to power.