Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Dried fruibt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

Work out enough that it doesn't matter what you snack on

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I've always been a firm believer in just getting macronutrients right, which is a fun new IIFYM meme, so eat whatever works. I prefer Greek yogurt and microwaveable burritos.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
a small handful of cashews

MrWillsauce

pizza

Piso Mojado

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Are you under 25? Hiccups are usually an indication you're growing. After 25 they seem to taper off pretty sharply.

I'm under 35

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Work out enough that it doesn't matter what you snack on

my strategy

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

Red Suit posted:

What healthy snacks do you guys eat? I need things to eat at work.

Stop snacking between meals and in time you'll stop craving snacks.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Just re uploaded a video i've already posted nice

GoodbyeTurtles fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 16, 2016

GoodbyeTurtles

Today I went for a run then went climbing, I'm a tired boy but I'm probably going to do that 3x a week forever

free basket of chips

by FactsAreUseless

Shine posted:

Stop snacking between meals and in time you'll stop craving snacks.

Its less about craving snacks and more about trying to eat a normal amount of food per day.

Edit: I wake up at 4AM to go to work so I don't have a lot of time to prepare food in the morning. One or two little snacks will tide me over until lunch

free basket of chips fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 16, 2016

Matoi Ryuko

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Today I went for a run then went climbing, I'm a tired boy but I'm probably going to do that 3x a week forever

I don't know much about climbing, but I would suggest running after climbing, not before.

Piso Mojado posted:

I'm under 35

Running puts incredible stress on your internal organs, it's common to get hiccups and it's common to throw up in your mouth while burping.

alnilam

Matoi Ryuko posted:

puts incredible stress on your internal organs, it's common to get hiccups and it's common to throw up in your mouth while burping.

...but enough about your posting :smugmrgw:

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx
I found out I did bad form on one of the machines, so today I did proper form and it was super easy at my plateau weight, so now I feel like superman.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
usually only my back is sore, i have a squirrely vertebra! it's gross/wrong. making everything else sore reduces the squirreliness over time. eventually all squirrels will be replaced with honey badgers

(still v sore, will make heroic effort to lift heavy things tomorrow anyway)

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

:poolgirl:

GoodbyeTurtles

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I don't know much about climbing, but I would suggest running after climbing, not before.

:agreed:

GoodbyeTurtles

last night i went for a short midnight jog with my little bro who is p unfit but working on it.

earlier today i did a bunch of planks and lifting dumbbells, then got bored so i kayaked to a nearby private island (basically some rear end in a top hat bought it and never did anything with it, so all the old military fortifications fell into disrepair) and had a quick snoop around before the wind picked up and the spring tides started running stupid fast.

then I went and free solo climbed the ~1000 meter (distance, not height) traverse across the coastline that I used to do most of as a kid, but now I can actually link the whole thing into one without skipping sections. I'm still full of energy though so I might go for another run or something.

alnilam

look out world, here comes GoodbyeTurtles!

GoodbyeTurtles

I'm fighting my bod's natural need to gain extra winter insulation as it gets colder with more cardio.

Had to take a 2 week break from climbing because a couple of my tendons were feeling a bit tender but I'm looking forward to getting back on the wall.

What are you all doing to keep fit as the weather turns to endless cold butt?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'm already losing my color, spending as much time outside as possible before the cruel winter months come

Matoi Ryuko

I don't change anything at all in the winter. Every day 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 8.3 miles running. EVERY DAY.

Piso Mojado

I moved to somewhere that doesn't have winters. you should try that

alnilam

I also change nothing in the winter, still ride 16 hilly miles a day commuting, even in single digits F :madmax:

I do find myself hungrier though so yeah i guess i eat a little more

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I'm fighting my bod's natural need to gain extra winter insulation as it gets colder with more cardio.

What are you all doing to keep fit as the weather turns to endless cold butt?

Ugh I h*ckin' hate cardio so much but I know I need to do more to keep my bod healthy and whatnot. I should start running again but it's gonna be winter and I live in Canada so LOL.

On the other hand, I will no longer sweat my lady balls off in my karate pajamas because it won't be hot and humid AF in the dojo when it's -40 outside. I also joined a new gym super close to my house that opens in a month so I'm gonna start lifting again, ooh yeahhhh.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

alnilam

lifting is fun and good

MrWillsauce

went rock climbing again. I wish I could do this more than twice a week

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

alnilam posted:

lifting is fun and good

Yeah! I stopped for like 1.5 years after I got diagnosed with depression and scoliosis all at once and had to figure out how to make my brain and body work correctly again. WHOOPS.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

GoodbyeTurtles

MrWillsauce posted:

went rock climbing again. I wish I could do this more than twice a week

Put climbing holds on the outside of your car and traverse when stuck in traffic

MrWillsauce

or on the inside and get rid of the seat

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I don't change anything at all in the winter. Every day 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 8.3 miles running. EVERY DAY.

Matoi

You are so

FULL OF CRAP

GoodbyeTurtles

There is scaffolding up around my house and it'd be wrong not to swing around on them like monkey bars for adults use them for pull ups

Matoi Ryuko

Shine posted:

Matoi

You are so

FULL OF CRAP

Haha, you wish. I've been laying down this same routine now every day for 37 months straight. :c00lbert:

Matoi Ryuko

I do however wear different amounts of clothing depending on the season. But that goes without saying.

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

lifting is fun and good

I'm not into lifting right now. But once I get a car, I will be.

Pimpcasso

VOLS BITCH
i was deer hunting a lil bit ago and i saw an owl take a squirrel!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm not into lifting right now. But once I get a car, I will be.

I wouldn't recommend starting out with a car, they're pretty heavy

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

I wouldn't recommend starting out with a car, they're pretty heavy

I seen these dudes on TV do it though and they were all heavy set dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shabbat goy

is it possible to get swole without giving up drinking beers? can u get swole with toxoplasmosis?

• Locked thread