Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Vulture Culture posted:

Is it too soon to post the cat pic again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

MrBling posted:

I don't think you are allowed to complain about people liking bad music, if you like SYL.

-PC reply inbound, get cover-
Well if we're getting serious, I believe that wherever you look there's always something to see, especially in music genres. Also I don't give a gently caress what people listen to as long as they're conscious about it

Dillinger just don't appeal to me. Origin, Necrophagist, whatever blotted science, even animals as leaders (lol), I like those, they are nice.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
SYL is pretty fun

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

MrBling posted:

I don't think you are allowed to complain about people liking bad music, if you like SYL.

I will fuckin fight you

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Varg posted:

I will fuckin fight you

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

bling chasing me for liking SYL while you chase him while I chase you for rooting for that neo nazi son of a motherfu-

its been done time and again in comedy

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I just had this really funny picture in my head of Gene Hoglan fuckin' hammering away at two bass drums shaped like big donuts

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Vulture Culture posted:

I just had this really funny picture in my head of Gene Hoglan fuckin' hammering away at two bass drums shaped like big donuts

Is he also trying to eat the donut drums?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I loving love Proscriptor

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I always picture Gene Hoglan as one of those mice in a behavioral study where they push a lever and get a dose of cocaine and repeat until their hearts give out but instead of a mouse it's a fat guy sitting behind a drum kit.

Nurel posted:

-PC reply inbound, get cover-
Well if we're getting serious, I believe that wherever you look there's always something to see, especially in music genres. Also I don't give a gently caress what people listen to as long as they're conscious about it

I prefer my music listening while unconscious, and I'll thank you for not kinkshaming ever again.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
If you don't hate Gene Hoglan yet, read this lovely interview about how he "started high school in fourth grade" and owned a bunch of little kids who went on to become pro ball players:
http://backlitzine.com/2/page05.html

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
yo, no one cares what drummers think about anything

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vulture Culture posted:

If you don't hate Gene Hoglan yet, read this lovely interview about how he "started high school in fourth grade" and owned a bunch of little kids who went on to become pro ball players:
http://backlitzine.com/2/page05.html

I don't get how that's supposed to make me hate Gene Hoglan.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
The best part is where he's like yeah I met all these bands because my sister was a groupie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Apparently Rob Zombie has asthma - read that on YouTube so who knows - but explains his lack of breath and just screaming, "yeah!" all the time.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Blood Incantation, despite playing a pretty short set, was really good, if they're coming 2 your city, why not go see them?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Apparently Rob Zombie has asthma - read that on YouTube so who knows - but explains his lack of breath and just screaming, "yeah!" all the time.

drat, really glad that someone alerted me to rob zombie's respiratory ailments

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MrBling posted:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
here let me try to trigger you some more: i literally just bought tickets to see Ghost in november

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

If you don't love SYL you're a bad person

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lmao the metal thread sometimes its like you guys are competing to see who can be a bigger rear end in a top hat

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

First time I've ever seen honest to God metal heads cast shade on SYL

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Faffel posted:

First time I've ever seen honest to God metal heads cast shade on SYL

I loving hate Devin.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
The new Opeth leaked. I made it 3 songs.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Defiant Sally posted:

The new Opeth leaked. I made it 3 songs.

Longer than I am going to make it. I listened to the single that they put out awhile ago, I'm good.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Goddamn I'm just now finding out about Bolt Thrower this is so lovely. Loved them since the Grind crusher comp came out. gently caress

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I loving hate Devin.

So?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Where can I hear the guitarist Fountainhead other than off the Obscura album Akroasis? gently caress that guy has the craziest guitar solos but the writing on Akroasis is so uninspired and forgettable that I can't get into it.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Exactly. That's what I said when I saw them!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

I loving hate Devin.

Meet you outside the schoolyard.

3 pm.

Don't be late.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Vargatron posted:

Where can I hear the guitarist Fountainhead other than off the Obscura album Akroasis? gently caress that guy has the craziest guitar solos but the writing on Akroasis is so uninspired and forgettable that I can't get into it.

I believe he is on Hanes Grossmanns solo album, his newest one. And yeah, most tech death is just noodly "hey look what i can do" bullshit.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

nerve posted:

lmao the metal thread sometimes its like you guys are competing to see who can be a bigger rear end in a top hat

"sometimes" lol

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

To Battle posted:

I believe he is on Hanes Grossmanns solo album, his newest one. And yeah, most tech death is just noodly "hey look what i can do" bullshit.

Cosmogenesis and Omnivium were good poo poo man. Celestial Spheres is one of my favorite tech death songs and the bass is wicked.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Defiant Sally posted:

Cosmogenesis and Omnivium were good poo poo man. Celestial Spheres is one of my favorite tech death songs and the bass is wicked.

Thessling is a hell of a bassist no doubt, just can't get into those albums.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Exactly. That's what I said when I saw them!
I just don't get not listening to music because you hate someone. Most big musicians are self-absorbed assholes or hold horrible opinions, anyway.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 20, 2016

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

devin is so epic. haha check out this album that has a really grumpy alien who likes coffee. check out his other really badass thing strapping young lad that you can blast at a thousand decibels whenever mom tells you to take out the trash. oh poo poo is that a devil suit hes wearing. this is even more insane than tenacious d

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Metal is serious as gently caress boys

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DKs0qfdEk

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

For some reason devin townsend likes to produce his albums to sound like boy bands and it's weird to me, in addition to the music being bad in other ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjofsqR0mdA&t=84s

funeral fag posted:

haha check out this album that has a really grumpy alien who likes coffee.
This but unironic.