Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Whoops, wrong thread.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

wdarkk posted:

The nacelles have no function in power generation, that's all the warp core.

Also this, if I'm going to take this wankfest seriously.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Star Trek Online Season 12: take this wankfest seriously

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

ratchet &Clank?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Asimo posted:

And yeah, seems like Cryptic is bringing K-13 back as a fleet holding. Guess I'll have something to dump my 30k fleet marks into finally. :effort:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10168323-fleet-station-k-13-holding

Finally, a fleet holding geared towards the one thing this game is good at: dress-up!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

wdarkk posted:

The nacelles have no function in power generation, that's all the warp core.

Don't worry guys, I can settle this. I have a copy of the official Star Trek Starfleet Technical Manual. Clearly it will tell us how the propulsion systems work!

Anyone know what the gently caress a Power Stage Magnatomic Flux Chiller does?

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 22, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It chills the Power Stage Magnatomic Flux.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

Oh look an officers school candidate. You'll go far in this starfleet son

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Maybe if your 'warships' weren't replicating a billion dildos a day and running gay orgy holodeck programs 24/7 you wouldn't need all this shite on your ships?

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

MikeJF posted:

That's an odd way to say 'keeps your beer cold', but I'll allow it.

Hashtag next gen night crew

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Aleth posted:

Maybe if your 'warships' weren't replicating a billion dildos a day and running gay orgy holodeck programs 24/7 you wouldn't need all this shite on your ships?

Hang on that is mission critical equipment.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Infidel Castro posted:

Don't worry guys, I can settle this. I have a copy of the official Star Trek Starfleet Technical Manual. Clearly it will tell us how the propulsion systems work!

Anyone know what the gently caress a Power Stage Magnatomic Flux Chiller does?

It reverses the polarity of the flow and spoils the milk.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Raekwon_Chef posted:

New campaign signs:

Lookin' good.

Now we just need a TV ad

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

Lookin' good.

Now we just need a TV ad

We'll get a patreon going to raise the funds.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aleth posted:

Those are Voth Bulwark models, for use in strategic planning.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10170363-key-ring-bundle%21

quote:

For a limited time only starting today, players will be able to purchase the Key Ring Bundle! This special pack includes 20x Master Keys (used to open any Lock Box) for the price of 2250 Zen.

As an additional special promotional offer when purchasing this bundle, every pack also includes a single Ultimate Tech Upgrade. Applying this item to any upgradeable piece of equipment will instantly set both its Mark and Quality to maximum (usually Mk XIV and Epic/Gold quality) with zero Dilithium Cost!

This promotional bundle will be available in the C-Store beginning now through ending on October 10, 2016.

I wonder if those ultimate upgrades are transferable and if so how much they'll end up going for.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haha rip key market.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aleth posted:

Holy poo poo: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10170363-key-ring-bundle%21

I wonder if those ultimate upgrades are transferable and if so how much they'll end up going for.
Huh. That was another thing Champions Online has been doing for a while, offering a big pack of keys with some other special item as a bonus. They did an infinity lockbox first there too, so I guess it's just a testbed for things they don't want to risk experimenting with on a game that actually makes money.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RIP dil market

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
It's not that great of a deal compared to the usual 15% off 10 packs that they used to do. Basically that "free" upgrade costs you 338 zen or 135 thousand dil (assuming dil at 400).

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
RIP STO markets

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I hadn't checked contraband in a while, since before they changed the cooldown to be a lot longer, and geez it's down to 6.5m a stack. :eyepop:

It's literally impossible for a newbie to earn money at a decent rate now without spending gobs of real cash. And the promo ships are once again going for way higher than the exchange even allows. Maybe it's time for me to finally give up on this lovely game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Killing off the STO markets is just a step closer towards a purely dilithium based exchange like the AD one in Neverwinter.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Does this mean lobi store ships will be a lot cheaper now? At least in the short term with keys flooding the market presumably.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

OGS-Remix posted:

Does this mean lobi store ships will be a lot cheaper now? At least in the short term with keys flooding the market presumably.

Yeah probably. Just wait till the weekend to see how things shake out with people buying and selling poo poo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Between this and the Mk13 ultra-rare temporal recruit bonus, I think we can safely say next 'expansion' will lift the cap to Mk16 Ultra-epics. And Tier 7 ships.

And that's it, the entire expansion. They'll up the level requirements for all the endgame missions to level 70 and that's all.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Do you guys remember that bizarre picture from a week or so ago with the 3d rendered prostitute and the 'have a cookie' thing.

The person who made that, I knew I recognized their name.

Their space ship is called the "USS Hoagland," presumably after someone called "Richard C Hoagland."

cassy morrison@smokebailey is a hard-core UFO / aliens built the pyramids / ancient aliens / nephilim nut case of long standing from zone chat.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

MikeJF posted:

Between this and the Mk13 ultra-rare temporal recruit bonus, I think we can safely say next 'expansion' will lift the cap to Mk16 Ultra-epics. And Tier 7 ships.

And that's it, the entire expansion. They'll up the level requirements for all the endgame missions to level 70 and that's all.

What rank is after Fleet Admiral?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

hakimashou posted:

Do you guys remember that bizarre picture from a week or so ago with the 3d rendered prostitute and the 'have a cookie' thing.

Their space ship is called the "USS Hoagland," presumably after someone called "Richard C Hoagland."

cassy morrison@smokebailey is a hard-core UFO / aliens built the pyramids / ancient aliens / nephilim nut case of long standing from zone chat.

What in the loving hell is wrong with its eyes? Pretty sure that's a sign they're actually a lizard person.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

mister magpie posted:

Federation President.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

mister magpie posted:

Captain, if we're following Kirk's career path.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

Captain, if we're following Kirk's career path.
You joke but you know Cryptic would totally do this if they could.

And the only reason they can't is because the code for ranks is so baroque and undocumented and tied into so many different things it would literally break the game if they changed any of it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

You joke but you know Cryptic would totally do this if they could.

And the only reason they can't is because the code for ranks is so baroque and undocumented and tied into so many different things it would literally break the game if they changed any of it.

Realistically the game should have capped out at Captain at launch and bumped us all up to commodore when Admiralty came out. At this point we're all key members of Starfleet's Admiralty - we shouldn't be running around shooting gorns.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

While I'm whining, the story should probably happen over a longer period than 18 months.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

At this point we're all key members of Starfleet's Admiralty - we shouldn't be running around shooting gorns being Neelix's kitchen bitch.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
nabreeki this guy is pretty salty.

people were talking about nop being a community for everyone or something and he messaged me this out of the blue

[Tell] Skul'daga@painfullylarge: except those that nbreeki unliaterally muted because he's an asshat with a huge ego problem

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

hakimashou posted:

They named their loving ship after Richard loving Hoagland? loving lmao.

For anyone unfamiliar with unironic hack fraud Richard C Hoagland: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Richard_C._Hoagland

quote:

Hoagland was "best pals" with Walter Cronkite, Carl Sagan, Arthur C. Clarke and Gene Roddenberry. Since he mentions these "facts" about 20 times a day, he clearly thinks that's all we need to know about him.
Although he has written of "my decades-long, demonstrated scientific competence", he has no special knowledge of, or standing in, any branch of science. He has no education beyond high school and his count of peer-reviewed publications is exactly zero.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

hakimashou posted:

nabreeki this guy is pretty salty.

people were talking about nop being a community for everyone or something and he messaged me this out of the blue

[Tell] Skul'daga@painfullylarge: except those that nbreeki unliaterally muted because he's an asshat with a huge ego problem

Was he the guy who was obsessed with non-organization profit and/or that Nerds of Prey were another entirely different fleet whose reputation Starfleet Dental was trying to besmirch and got banned from the channel as an object demonstration?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

IPCRESS posted:

Was he the guy who was obsessed with non-organization profit and/or that Nerds of Prey were another entirely different fleet whose reputation Starfleet Dental was trying to besmirch and got banned from the channel as an object demonstration?

nah this guy is a long time poo poo poster in nopps, always passive-aggressive whimpering about something or other

the 'you arent the morality police what gives you the right' type of character

either nbreeki or lago had enough of it one day and he's been ankle bitting ever since.

I told him a simple confession/apology is all that is required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Doctor Zero posted:

Don't be silly. It's not just more power, the warp field bubble has to be balanced. If it were to collapse during warp it could tear the ship in two. Everyone knows that having 3 nacelles is very hard to balance that's why ships traditionally have had 1 or 2 or 4 but not 3 or 5. The fact that the federation managed to get the third nacelle balanced on a ship of that size shows that they were in serious dire straits if they were willing to risk it.

Your 29 nacelles could never in a million years be balanced properly.

Excuse me, I think you'll find that not only did the Enterprise refit add a third nacelle, it overhauled the existing nacelles to the new dual-coil standard. The Galaxy-X has six sets of warp coils, not two. Therefore, adding another nacelle does not inherently unbalance the warp field, and furthermore :techno:

mister magpie posted:

Dark Admiral.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 23, 2016

• Locked thread