Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
So I really enjoyed Pythagorea and Euclidea (same dev). Any other math/logic/etc puzzle game recommendations? Preferably with a similarly simple aesthetic, but good puzzles are most important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh fallen london :allears: I just finished a quest line with Vincent adultman. My mysterious benefactor just turned out to be a few urchins in a trench coat. And in the end they just wanted me to write their entry letters for college. Now I don't understand how these urchins had so many diamonds to pay me, but I'm not complaining.

I need so more buddies to have brunch with in game. My username is still "shwqa"

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Funcrusher posted:

Don't worry about it, it's just a temporary setback, the only thing you loose is time/actions (and some of your dream progress in case of nightmares >7.). I've lost count of all the times I've been exiled/imprisoned/dead or insane...

But yeah, if the game warns you about something being a bad idea, then it usually is a bad idea :shobon:

I stumbled on to some storylet about searching for Mr Eatens Name. It was... quite emphatic that I shouldn't do this. So of course I started it...

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Moreau posted:

I stumbled on to some storylet about searching for Mr Eatens Name. It was... quite emphatic that I shouldn't do this. So of course I started it...

Don't do it, man.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

explosivo posted:

Do we have a guild for Animation Throwdown? It's kind of a simple game but I'm having fun with it, especially finding all the references you get from combining stuff. Would have liked to see *some* voice acting though.

If you make a guild I'll join :shobon:

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Shwqa posted:

Oh fallen london :allears: I just finished a quest line with Vincent adultman. My mysterious benefactor just turned out to be a few urchins in a trench coat. And in the end they just wanted me to write their entry letters for college. Now I don't understand how these urchins had so many diamonds to pay me, but I'm not complaining.

I need so more buddies to have brunch with in game. My username is still "shwqa"

My mysterious benefactor is a crazy, stinky vagrant obsessed with devils, with whom I refuse to have dealings

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It took me an hour or three but I'm finally enjoying Fallen London. I started out as a pulp writer of penny dreadfuls, then began seducing rich women and doing lots of drugs with bohemians, and now I'm using my connections from those adventures to claw my way into high society.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
How is the guild in Legendary doing? The guild I joined at the start of the game has lost a few members, and I might be looking to jump ship myself, although we did place top 200 in the last event. I can't even remember the name of the goon guild?!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I sold some poo poo to a random zeecaptain in Fallen London. Turns out that it was my character on Sunless Sea. My accounts are linked so my two characters can interact here and there and it's awesome.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

My fallen london seems to have stopped working and the website can't locate my account. :sigh:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Roid666 posted:

How is the guild in Legendary doing? The guild I joined at the start of the game has lost a few members, and I might be looking to jump ship myself, although we did place top 200 in the last event. I can't even remember the name of the goon guild?!

It tapered off for a lot of people. I lost interest when the events became poopsock events, rather than limited access.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Sorcery! 4 is out now for all those looking forward to playing it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Sorcery! 4 is out now for all those looking forward to playing it.

Nice. I'm looking forward to playing it. Just as soon as I play the first 3... after I get enough space on my phone... when I buy a new one. :negative:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Deus Ex GO is currently on sale for 2 bucks which is a bit surprising since it only came out like a month ago.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Can anyone recommend me a game that meets the following criteria:

1) Non-freemium/no IAP beyond a single unlock or the cost of purchasing the app. Or actually free of course, but I'm willing to pay literally anything for a game that meets the other criteria. No ads either, though I'm happy to pay a fee to turn off ads.

2) Turn-based or similar, not something real-time that I can just pause. I want to do an action, have that action affect the game, then have the game wait for my next action.

Ideally, it'd be something like that, where I can put it down at the drop of a hat and pick it back up whenever, but with at least some thought being necessary for each individual action.

3) A non-childish art style. This one is obviously subjective, but no matter how great you think "Strawberry Shortcake's Fantastic Bakery of Amazingness" is, if I'd get funny looks if someone saw me playing it in public, it's not what I'm looking for.

4) Replayability, or at least a whole bunch of content to chew through. I'm cool with paying for content packs, so long as they're each meaty enough to justify the cost.

Ideally, I'd like a game that is fun in short bursts, but can also be played longer if time allows. Right now, my go-to game for all this is solitaire, before that, it was Desert Golfing. Game type or the details of mechanics doesn't really matter.

I've previously enjoyed Lyne, Flow Free, Guild of Dungeoneering, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Earthcore: Shattered Elements, and Star Realms.

The only game that might meet the above criteria that I have tried and didn't like is Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan. It did exactly what it was trying to do, but somewhere in the massive pile of rules, it lost the "fun" factor completely.

Anyone have thoughts?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Azathoth posted:

1) Non-freemium/no IAP beyond a single unlock or the cost of purchasing the app. Or actually free of course, but I'm willing to pay literally anything for a game that meets the other criteria. No ads either, though I'm happy to pay a fee to turn off ads.

2) Turn-based or similar, not something real-time that I can just pause. I want to do an action, have that action affect the game, then have the game wait for my next action.

Ideally, it'd be something like that, where I can put it down at the drop of a hat and pick it back up whenever, but with at least some thought being necessary for each individual action.

3) A non-childish art style. This one is obviously subjective, but no matter how great you think "Strawberry Shortcake's Fantastic Bakery of Amazingness" is, if I'd get funny looks if someone saw me playing it in public, it's not what I'm looking for.

4) Replayability, or at least a whole bunch of content to chew through. I'm cool with paying for content packs, so long as they're each meaty enough to justify the cost.

Ideally, I'd like a game that is fun in short bursts, but can also be played longer if time allows. Right now, my go-to game for all this is solitaire, before that, it was Desert Golfing. Game type or the details of mechanics doesn't really matter.

I've previously enjoyed Lyne, Flow Free, Guild of Dungeoneering, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Earthcore: Shattered Elements, and Star Realms.

The only game that might meet the above criteria that I have tried and didn't like is Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan. It did exactly what it was trying to do, but somewhere in the massive pile of rules, it lost the "fun" factor completely.

Anyone have thoughts?

Galaxy Trucker, and 80 Days.

Both are fantastic.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Anyone have thoughts?

Have you played final fantasy tactics?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'd recommend Templar Battleforce. Turn based tactical RPG with heavy Warhammer 40K influences.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Thanks for the recommendations, those look interesting.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Have you played final fantasy tactics?
I have not, though I have gone through 4 and 6, which I have fond memories of playing as a kid. It's been on my radar but I hadn't considered it because I assumed it was a story-heavy single playthrough with intermittent saving, like 6 and 7 were. I'm guessing, however, that I may be off-base on this.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm confused by Fallen London. Just started the Last Constable but somehow got Family and Law so it won't let me progress. Also is seduction the only option for getting a house? I am confused, and also now called Bertrand Whiffletrout.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm confused by Fallen London. Just started the Last Constable but somehow got Family and Law so it won't let me progress. Also is seduction the only option for getting a house? I am confused, and also now called Bertrand Whiffletrout.

Go to the baazar tab and go down to the land agency. You can buy houses there with random poo poo like lumps of amber. And you need to do opportunity cards to progress that story.

The game is designed to be confusing as poo poo, you have to just gently caress around and figure it out. That's most of the fun.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Anyone have thoughts?

Dungeon Raid! It's great at keeping your place and it's got a good sense of progression in each game

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It is also partly broken on android 5+

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I wish dungeon raid was updated :(

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dodoman posted:

It is also partly broken on android 5+
Well poo poo...

Oh well, thanks everyone for the great recommendations!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The Quell series of games is pretty nifty, and fulfills those conditions I think.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
I would outright rebuy an updated Dungeon Raid. Like five times over.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Caffeine IV posted:

I would outright rebuy an updated Dungeon Raid. Like five times over.

Not empty quoting

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
In fallen london as scratchula. Confused and tired so far. I'll report back later.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone who has been following Giant Bomb recently, that really blatant Mario Maker knock-off BoxMaker is out on the Play Store.

In other news, here's a dog sledding management sim that looks quite unique and interesting.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 23, 2016

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

galahan posted:

In fallen london as scratchula. Confused and tired so far. I'll report back later.

You're doing it right.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So, after about 2 years or so on iOS, I'm back on Android with a s7. I need some games up in this thing.

Pretty much looking for 3 main types of games to occupy my time:

1. Roguelike - I already love the hell out of Pixel Dungeon, but I'm wondering if there's been anything new and awesome on the scene.

2. Card Game - Not nessecarily a TCG (though, not saying I'm not down for one), but something fun involving some sort of card system.

3. Old School RPG - Something to scratch my itch for some old-rear end, long-rear end RPGs of yore.

And if there's anything cool that's popped up, I'm more than willing to give it a shot.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

pulp rag posted:

So, after about 2 years or so on iOS, I'm back on Android with a s7. I need some games up in this thing.

A fun game on the s7 is "try to not die in a house fire".

Don't lose.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Not a Note, you silly.

I'm obviously not dead.

Y'know, yet.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Millennial Sexlord posted:

A fun game on the s7 is "try to not die in a house fire".

Don't lose.

That's the Note 7.

Star Realms is a card game.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's still a fun game to play. :colbert:

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

pulp rag posted:

Pretty much looking for 3 main types of games to occupy my time:

1. Roguelike - I already love the hell out of Pixel Dungeon, but I'm wondering if there's been anything new and awesome on the scene.

2. Card Game - Not nessecarily a TCG (though, not saying I'm not down for one), but something fun involving some sort of card system.

3. Old School RPG - Something to scratch my itch for some old-rear end, long-rear end RPGs of yore.

And if there's anything cool that's popped up, I'm more than willing to give it a shot.

why not play just some NetHack or UnNethack if you want some roguelike action?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

why not play just some NetHack or UnNethack if you want some roguelike action?

Because gaming has actually advanced somewhat in the past 29 years.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

pulp rag posted:

Sproggiwood

Tiny Rogue

Wazhack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Fans of British comedy might be surprised to know there's a Red Dwarf game out now to coincide with the release of the new season series.