Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Goetta posted:

Yeah I like playing the game but the weird malware driver is the proverbial straw so I guess I will play uhhhh Skullgirls?? I don't have a PS4

Do you have a PS3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm really gonna try to budget it in this weekend while it's on sale.

Do it. Each character has more moves than all of sfv's cast combined. Everything is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

General Morden posted:

urien's mk chariot tackle is -3 on HIT

Wow

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Look, you're all complaining because you can't adapt to a backdoor in your system. I bet most of you can't even trace a hacker and bomb their nodes.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
LI Joe's reaction to Urien:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBGACNncLlY

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Quick, someone splice that and his original reaction to the Urien reveal together!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

Do you have a PS3?

YLOD a few years ago

CastDream
Oct 22, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Revelator is on sale $24 (60% off) on PSN this weekend.

Hell yeah! Thanks for the tip!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I requested a refund btw. I doubt it goes through since I have like a 100 hours in the game but maybe if they get a burst of them someone at Valve will ask Capcom what the gently caress their deal is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dias posted:

Look, you're all complaining because you can't adapt to a backdoor in your system. I bet most of you can't even trace a hacker and bomb their nodes.

Lmao.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all things Street Fighter V.

PC USERS:

The new anti-crack/anti-cheat solution prevents memory access certain ways, so perhaps this is creating a false-positive situation that may trigger either the anti-virus software or Windows DEP.

Couple of things to try:

Add StreetFighterV.exe to the antivirus exception list.
Add StreetFighterV.exe to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) exception. More info on DEP here[https://www.softwareok.com].

If you receive the "You cannot turn off DEP for this program" error message, temporarilydisable DEP altogether to validate if it’s DEP that’s preventing the game from launching.

If the game still fails to launch after disabling DEP, the problem lies elsewhere such as the aforementioned antivirus software false-positive situation. Turn on DEP again and continue troubleshooting.

Why in the holy gently caress would I need to do this to play a fighting game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, it's the same FG that still doesn't have DirectInput support so.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"We have introduced a security risk to your system and also broke the game. Please fix the game by making the backdoor even worse. Thanks."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Oh wow, it disables SMEP. That is dumb. It's incredibly unlikely ever to be exploited though , hackers go after stuff that's installed on lots of people's machines...

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 23, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm having more fun with SFV right now than I've ever had.

Laughing at the Urine Update is great.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

"We have introduced a security risk to your system and also broke the game. Please fix the game by making the backdoor even worse. Thanks."

So... the latest update actually hurts PC users? Shouldnt it be pulled from steam in this case?

quote:

LI Joe's reaction to Urien:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBGACNncLlY

I wish we could get a No Man's Sky esque refund system going for this game.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Same

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Night Blade posted:

So... the latest update actually hurts PC users? Shouldnt it be pulled from steam in this case?

Well steam still requires flash to view videos on the store so it's unlikely. ( I lie, HTML5 is now an option)

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 23, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Night Blade posted:

It does and it should but it won't. Steam very rarely does anything about things like that.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Would steam offer refunds because of this?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Golem II posted:

If a miracle happens maybe. Most likely not though.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Night Blade posted:

I wish we could get a No Man's Sky esque refund system going for this game.

Didn't they specifically say they were not changing their refund policy for NMS though?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Golem II posted:

For having a possible exploit? No.
For rendering the game unable to launch for a lot of people? Possible if left unfixed for long enough.

zelah posted:

Didn't they specifically say they were not changing their refund policy for NMS though?

Yeah steam never offered any special thing for NMS.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 23, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gently caress, they noticed. About. About. ABORT!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Well, I put in a refund request anyway. The worst that can happen is that I'm stuck with this piece of crap in my library until the end of time.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm going to wait for the patch before reinstalling but at least they are now quicker at fixing their enormous gently caress ups

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

For having a possible exploit? No.
For rendering the game unable to launch for a lot of people? Possible if left unfixed for long enough.

Steam sells games that flat out don't function on modern operating system, they don't give a poo poo

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

This is heart-breaking :(

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've never done it before but I like to think that Steam refunds are some lever people can use now to give instant feedback on game breaking/weird spyware poo poo that companies occasionally like to pull. In reality I'm sure some Capcom USA manager looked at Reddit and went apeshit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Goetta posted:

I've never done it before but I like to think that Steam refunds are some lever people can use now to give instant feedback on game breaking/weird spyware poo poo that companies occasionally like to pull. In reality I'm sure some Capcom USA manager looked at Reddit and went apeshit.

First time for me, too, and I've got over 10 games on steam.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
cool timing on the game getting a malware update literally as soon as I bought the bastard

That said, I've been enjoying the game so far. I kind of enjoy the game in spite of itself mind you and not necessarily because of it.

why are all the characters and colours and stages and content locked behind this retarded fight money thing ajhgsdjkgksdjg

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

cool timing on the game getting a malware update literally as soon as I bought the bastard

That said, I've been enjoying the game so far. I kind of enjoy the game in spite of itself mind you and not necessarily because of it.

why are all the characters and colours and stages and content locked behind this retarded fight money thing ajhgsdjkgksdjg

Because it should have been a $30 game with DLC addons or a $60 game with everything.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

cloofish posted:

This is heart-breaking :(

Snake Eyez
PR_Rog
Now this

:smith:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

its been 16+ years since the dreamcast and capcom's devs still cant adapt to the concept of home console controllers allowing you to push both left and right at the same time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A Yolo Wizard posted:

its been 16+ years since the dreamcast and capcom's devs still cant adapt to the concept of home console controllers allowing you to push both left and right at the same time.

SNK had trouble with that too, or so I heard.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Snake Eyez
PR_Rog
Now this

:smith:

I don't like seeing the coolest SF players having their spirits crushed by SFV but at the very least PR_Rog is on a roll on Twitter :unsmith:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PR_Balrog/status/779102775225389057

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cloofish posted:

I don't like seeing the coolest SF players having their spirits crushed by SFV but at the very least PR_Rog is on a roll on Twitter :unsmith:

hes just bad at sfv, why would you trust him over cams?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

anime was right posted:

hes just bad at sfv, why would you trust him over cams?
accurate. i have a perfect record against him online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cloofish posted:

PR_Rog rocks is terrible at SFV and should stop playing.